35-No Choice

Hana's Random TALE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO ONE POV

To any casual observer, Naeun looked both worried and agitated as She waited in the lobby of the nearly deserted commuter airport.

Mostly, She sat by the ARRIVALS area, staring out the window towards the brightly lit runway, something that was in stark contrast to her actual mood.

Looking around, the only people She could see is a janitor who is moping the floor in the corner, and a security guard drinking a coffee.

Turning Her attention to the clock, She could see it was 1:32 AM.

"Only 8 more minutes." Naeun Mumbled.

Thinking back, She couldn't help but think how fast everything had gone.

Now She was worried that it might really gone.

Out of Their Debut Years, Hayoung and Naeun are very much in love, found an apartment, went to university together and struggled like so many others in the entertainment field had before them.

Hayoung wrote songs or play games and put them on Her youtube channel, while Naeun auditioned for modeling, movie and tv parts.

Things Were tough but They Were happy.

Halfway through Their Ten years in industry, one of Hayoung's videos caught the attention of a music producer named Shin Jia.

She also happened to remember seeing Her on the Melon Music Awards a little while back and remembered being impressed by Her performance.

She offered Her a solo contract and Hayoung signed.

The first album, did ok, but Jia was still impressed by Hayoung's sparkling personality, Her voice and how well She got along with Her fans.

She went on a mini tour, opening for a larger act but She was only gone for a few weeks.

With the money they had earned, Hayoung bought Them a nice condo on the beach.

At the same time, Naeun had some success herself, but mostly just a few bit movie parts and a Full time Model gigs.

Still Naeun fully supported her girlfriend's career.

But the 2nd album, which came a year and a half later, made Hayoung a superstar.

The record company wanting to satisfy the demand for Hayoung's success, put together a huge tour.

Before She knew it, Hayoung had gone from playing Mall's and local county fairs to Arenas.

Naeun knew Hayoung would be away, but suppressed any doubts that they would always be together.

Around this time, Naeun found her niche, with some larger parts in some acclaimed Modeling industry.

So when Hayoung went on Her first big tour, Naeun threw Herself into Her work. They spoke on the phone, talked by Kakao and kept in touch the normal ways.

On breaks She'd come home and for a while
things would be fine.

But near the end of the eight months tour, Hayoung called and said Their record company wanted to add a European List to the tour.

Over that 8 months up to that point, Naeun had slowly begun to feel the weight of those lonely nights.

She had been looking forward to having Her
Hayoungie back.

Hayoung also said that She had agreed to the European List, which would last another 2 months.

That triggered the first of their fights. Naeun who was furious about this being decided without so much as even consulting Her, let Her frustration known.

They talked it out and Hayoung profusely apologized, promising to make it up to Her when She returned.

To help soothe Her girlfriend's hurt feelings, She bought Naeun a new couple rings.

Naeun stayed faithful and remained busy, but the 2 months European List, quickly morphed into a full-fledged world tour.

Each time the company wanted to extend it, Hayoung checked with Naeun first and always She said Ok, though each time She found Herself having more problems going along.

They didn't fight about that, but found themselves arguing, via text, email or on Kakao over the most trivial of things.

Though Naeun had thrown Herself into Her work and modeling gigs, She found Herself with some down time.

So Hayoung invited Naeun to travel with Her, for a portion of the Asian list of the tour.

At the time, Naeun was rather sad than touched by it.

"Oooooh, really? but I can't go with You Hayoungie." She replied in a sad tone.

Just 2 days earlier, a decent part in a bigger
budget movie, that Naeun had previously auditioned for, opened up as the actress originally that was going to play the part, broke her leg riding a bike.

The producer had called and offered Naeun the part and gave Her a few days to think about it.

He needed to know soon as production was due to start in 2 weeks.

Naeun told Hayoung She was taking the part and couldn't be with Her.

Officially Naeun gave the reason as it was a chance to work with an acclaimed director
that She greatly admired.

While that was one of the reasons, Naeun was lonely, hurt and more than a bit resentful.

Naeun could distinctly hear the disappointment in the Younger Girl's voice as She said, "That's alright, Naeunie."

That was some 7 months ago and in that time, they found Themselves talking less and less.

They didn't break up, they just didn't talk. When they did, the conversations were either halting or outright fights.

Sometimes Naeun would say She was too busy to talk or just not answer the phone.

But tonight was the final night of Hayoung's tour.

There were no more shows to play and now Hayoung was coming home, flying straight back from Her last concert, which was in Paris, The City of Love.

The message itself was simple, sent via email.

"The Tour already done, I'm flying home immediately after the concert. I'll be Arriving at 1:40 Am at the Incheon Airport. I Want to avoid Dispatch. so come and get me."

There was no I love you, just pick me up, just I'm coming home.

Sitting there, waiting for Hayoung's plane to arrive, Naeun tried to think of all the performers who lost their Partners to the road.

It was more than She could count. It all boiled down to one thing; that with Her superstardom and legions of fans, Her Hayoungie didn't need Her anymore.

With each passing night alone, Naeun felt that dig further into Her soul.

Hayoung's wardrobe person and stylists were
both very pretty young women, while no actual rumors had surfaced.

Naeun's worried that Hayoung would have grown closer to one of them or some fan encountered along the way.

Naeun simply had to know, what had been gnawing at Her for months had grown to an obsession.

Did She still have a girlfriend, had She been replaced?

They hadn't spoken in more than a week and not physically seen each other in months.

Naeun had to know. So She decided to come to the airport personally and see Hayoung arrive.

As the clock ticked on, Naeun found herself
becoming more and more nervous, more agitated and more convinced that Hayoung just didn't want her anymore.

 

 

 

NAEUN POV

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted some
movement outside. It was Hayoungie's Jet, which had just landed.

I don't know why, but just seeing it, made My heart race with fear.

It felt like, the plane was delivering my executioner instead of my Girlfriend.

It was a sick, guilt ridden, worried feeling only seemed to get worse as the plane taxied off the runway towards the terminal; towards
Me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter