28-Beauty In The Dark

Hana's Random TALE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NO ONE POV

She walked down the and dreary streets, back hunched, long black tasselled hair falling out of her black hoodie and covering the sides of her face.

Like a curtain blocking anyone on the outside from looking at what's going on inside.

she'd been walking for a few hours, not keeping track of where she was going, just walking, trying to forget what she had just witnessed back home.

When she cast her eyes up from her feet she took in her surroundings; noting that she had no idea where she was.

Not that she care right now, but she was probably in a rougher kind of neighbourhood.

The minimal street lights that hadn't been smashed or knocked over flickered with a dim light.

Grafitti lined the flimsy fences of alley ways and the bricks of houses.

she could hear dogs barking in a few houses surrounding her as a warning that she is trespassing and was not welcome.

The adrenaline that was previously flowing through her body from the night's event was slowing starting to wear off.

Naeun, now more aware of where she was, decided to turn back and head home, but as she turned around, she noted a figure standing in the shadows next to the road about twenty meters back.

her heart rate increased as she realised that this could potentially end very badly for her, she internally cursed herself for not taking note of where she walked.

she decided her best option was to run the other way and try to find a main road.

Naeun was fairly fit and ran regurlaly, she hoped it would be enough to outrun this stranger, if they tried anything.

She took a deep breath and run.

She could hear the thud of his footsteps behind her gradually getting closer.

She look over her shoulders, only to see the man right behind her.

He reached out to grab her, but she ducked and he just scraped the top of her head, pulling her hood off.

She quickened her pace, if that was even possible, as she neared the end of the street.

She turned the corner and before she knew what was happening, arms wrapped around her and she was pulled into a dark alleyway.

Her body was rigid and she was consumed by fear.

she went to screamed but, a hand was firmly clasped over muffling any sound she made.

The man who has been chasing her rounded the corner and ran straight past the alley way she was being held in.

She and her now captor hidden in the shadows.

Naeun started wiggling, struggling to break free of the arms around her, she was startled when her captor spoke calmly to her.

"Hey, hey calm down, I am not going to hurt you." Naeun was surprised when she heard a female's voice.

The person continued more harhsly than before, "what the heck are you doing out here? Just wandering the strrets at night? Do you have a death wish?" Naeun went to reply but the hand was still clasped over .

"If i remove my hand, are you going to scream?" The girl who Naeun had guessed was much younger than her asked.

She shook her head as a reply and the girl slowly removed her hand and released the other arm she had gripped around her waist.

As Naeun turned around to face the girl, who quite possble just saved her life, she was stunned to say the least.

The girl had brown straight hair that ties in a pony. She was wearing a brown leather jacket jacket, a faded jeans and a well-worn combat boots.

As Naeun's eyes made their way back up the other girl, she was met by a smirking face.

"See anything you like?" The girl asked. Naeun blushed as she realized she had been staring.

"Sorry." She replied.

The younger girl chuckled and shook her head. 

"I'm Naeun by the way." She introduces making the younger girl smiled.

"And i'm Hayoung." She stuck out her hand and they shook.

"So what the heck are you doing out here exactly?" She asked once again.

Naeun sighed and looked at the ground then back up to Hayoung, thinking about what she should say...

She decided to just go with the truth.

"Well, i was at home and my parents were fighting, once again. They were just screaming at each other and they started throwing things... and i couldn't take it anymore, so i left and went for a walk to clear my head. I guess i didn't take note of where i was walking and when i finally broke out of my haze, i realized that it was a mistake and then i saw that guy..." Naeun had sped up and was now rushing to get the words out, she started to get teary eyed and was pulled into a hug by Hayoung.

Naeun couldn't hold it in anymore and started to cry in her shoulder. 

Hayoung rubbed her back and held Naeun while she cried. 

Once Naeun calmed down she realized that she had covered Hayoung's jacjet in her tears.

Naeun looked down at the ground and mumbled. "Sorry, for getting your jacket wet and everything."

"Don't apologized, it's quite alright. Hey, how about some ice cream to make you feel better? It's on me." Hayoung said softly.

Naeun smiled a bright smile. "That actually sounds

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter