30-I Do

Hana's Random TALE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NAEUN POV

I, Son Naeun, take you, Oh Hayoung as my Lawful wife....


Your eyes bore into mine as you kneel before me.

Your hands caressing a small velvet box and I fight back the tears.

After all of our trials and tribulations.

You have finally asked. I fight back the
tears as I nod my head yes, not trusting my voice.

All of the concern and worry that plagued your face disappeared and are immediately replaced with a bright smile.

You slip the small gold band onto my left ring finger and your lips catch mine.

That is when I finally allow the tears to flow freely from my eyes.

It is at that moment when I know that
this moment isn't just a dream, it's really real.

"I love you Naeunie." You tell me as you try to catch your breath.

Your forehead rests on mine and I can't help but mimic the smile on your face. "I love you too Hayoungie."

We've been together for six years now. We both have a career doing what we love.

We both have grown up and matured from our experiences as being an Idol.

But no amount of time will ever change the way my heart flutters each time you say those three words.

There is no doubt in my mind or in your eyes that you meant them.

That is why I keep pushing the news our company gave me to the back of my mind.

I'm not ready to let go of our current moment, I'm not ready to let go of you.

"I got the part." The words fall from my mouth before I have the chance to stop them.

Your eyes sparkle with pride and I know that you are happy for me, but I don't want to leave.

"Naeunie, that's amazing. When do you start filming?" Your voice matched your enthusiasm and I try my best to fake a smile and act like I want the part too.

Honestly, this part is a once in a lifetime
opportunity, I've been talking about it since our company first proposed the idea to me.

I was beyond happy when I got the news that they wanted me, but now, I can't see myself being away from her for eighteen months. 

I know that you will visit as often as you can, and we will talk nearly every night.

But, I want to be able to go to sleep every night next to the woman I can now call my fiancé.

"They want me on set week after next the latest Hayoungie, and we will be filming for about eighteen months." I stated softly, my eyes fixed on my engagement band.

I can't find it in me to look at you.

"That soon unnie?" You sighed and I can feel the tears pricking the back of my eyes.

This isn't the way I wanted to tell you.

"It's not to late for me to back out Hayoungie. There will be other movies, I don't need to take this one, especially since it is so far away from home." My voice trails off as I begin to ramble and you place your hand on top of mine.

"Don't back out Naeunie, you were made for this role. We'll make this work, I promise." You offered me a small smile and I can't help but return it.

You're right, we have done it in the past and we can do it again.

 

to have and to hold from this day forward,


"Hayoungie, where are we going? We just passed the exit for my parents house…" my voice waivers as I see the sign for the next exit.

We finally came to the agreement that I was going to decline my part in the London film.

But now as I sit in the car waiting to arrive at the engagement party that my parents are throwing for us, I can see that you had other plans.

"Naeunie, I know that you said you would give up this part, but I love you too much to let you let go of the opportunity. Your parents and our members agree." Your eyes searched mine and I sighed giving up all hopes of fighting with her.

I've wanted this role since I was high school and I first saw the trailer and she knows that.

"Are you sure Hayoungie?" I asked in one final attempt to convince her that I can live without the part.

I can feel the tears building up, but, like the day you proposed, I fight them back.

I will not allow myself to cry, I can't. I need to show you that I don't want this part, that I want to stay here with you.

"Naeunie, I wouldn't have gone through the trouble of arranging a fake party and driving all the way to incheon if I wasn't sure that I want you to get on that plane. As soon as you are finished filming and recording the sound track, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter