You Weren't There

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’Tell me the truth Chaeyoung!’’

‘’I told you already nothing happened!’’

Chaeyoung clenched her fist in anger and fear as she looked at the glaring Jisoo in front of her. The moment she entered Jisoo’s room with her arms crossed, she knew she’s in trouble for something…but she didn’t expect this.

Last night

Jisoo was just lounging around her room at night when suddenly a knock was heard from her door. She was confused since her siblings are not in the house right now and her parents are probably downstairs since she heard romantic music up to her room, which made her roll her eye but a small smile in her face is evident.

Her parents have been pretty sappy to each other ever since they made up. She felt happy that everything is going back to normal…well except this consistent knocking at her door that made her aware of who the heck is at the front of her door.

She grabbed a pillow and cautiously near her door, the unknown person probably used windows and is here to kidnap her son!

‘’Dalgom hide under the bed’’

Dalgom just blinked and didn’t listen to his owner as he yawned and stayed in Jisoo’s bed

Jisoo opened the door slowly while clutching her weapon tightly

‘’Hiyah!’’

She jumped in surprise as the figure suddenly hugged her

‘’Unnie…’’

Jisoo is shocked but pat Lisa at the back awkwardly ‘’What are you doing here monkey? It’s late…and how did you get in here anyways’’ She heard a sniff

‘’Are you…crying?’’

‘’Your parents let me in’’ Lisa chuckled but wiped a few stray tears in from her eyes as she let go of the much-needed hug ‘’I guess I’m just at my limit again’’

Jisoo sighed, and closed the door as she led Lisa to her bed

‘’What happened this time?’’

Lisa smiled weakly and suddenly said ‘’Did you know I confronted Jennie about her lock screen wallpaper in your birthday?’’

Jisoo looks surprised ‘’You did? So that’s why you were looking at Jennie like that…’’ Then her voice turns soft ‘’I’m sorry if I was a bit insensitive that time…’’

‘’Hey no worries’’ Lisa smiled at her ‘’I knew you were just trying to lift the mood up. That’s what you always do anyway’’

‘’So what happened this time?’’

‘’Have you looked at Jen’s new post?’’ Lisa asked

Jisoo shook her head ‘’I’m too busy playing’’

Lisa rolled her eyes ‘’Typical unnie’’ She fished out her phone and flinched again as she saw the post ‘’Here. Look at these pictures and tell me your insight’’ She said in a cold tone

Jisoo narrowed her eyes ‘’Don’t let your jealousy consume you Lalisa. Control your tone’’

Lisa sighed ‘’I’m sorry…’’

Jisoo nodded and looked at Lisa’s phone. Her heart grew heavy, now she understands why Lisa is here in her room. She saw her two other best friends looking so happy, their hair messy probably from all the rides they did. She saw a candid picture of Chaeyoung laughing and the last part of it all…is how beautiful Chaeyoung looks with that serene look on her face as she gazed at the sunset. They were probably in a Ferris wheel.

 

Maybe the one that hurts Lisa the most is Jennie’s caption which was ‘Spending a day with my one and true hubby’ coupled with a heart

 

If that’s not a girlfriend thingy, then Jisoo is pretty darn stupid.

 

‘’I want to trust her unnie…’’ Lisa spoke up in a small voice seeing the dreaded look of Jisoo ‘’I really want to trust Jennie but lately…her actions are’’ She could feel tears pricking her eyes again pointing to her phone with Jennie's post.

 

‘’This…’’

 

‘’We’ve already talk about this’’ Lisa said ‘’When Chaeyoung was running to you while you were having your own problem, me and Jennie talked also’'

‘’So that’s Talk to your Ex Day?’’

Lisa laughed lightly at that ‘’Yah stop making me laugh’’

‘’It’s not my fault and I’m not even joking’’ Jisoo huffed

‘’Anyways,’’ Lisa said ‘’She said that she won’t be a…snake to our relationship. That she will come to terms with it’’

‘’I know Jennie...’’ Lisa continued ‘’We’ve been friends since before we met the two of you. We became girlfriends afterwards, my former love rival’’ She smiled sadly ‘’And now…I don’t even know how I can treat her right now.’’

 

‘’S-she’s the kind of person who will stay true to her word’’ Lisa shakily said ‘’So I felt really relieved when we talked and got things under control’’

 

‘’And then Christmas week happened’’ Lisa said, almost bitterly

 

Jisoo was rubbing Lisa’s back the whole time trying to comfort her ‘’And you really got this gut feeling that something happened between the two right?’’

Lisa sighed ‘’I know I should trust Chaeyoung. She said so herself that nothing happened…’’ She said ‘’…Even Jennie said nothing happened’’

‘’They’re our best friends and my girlfriend right unnie?’’ Lisa looked at Jisoo pleadingly

 

‘’They won’t lie to us…right?’’

 

Jisoo took a deep breath to calm her confused mind, this is really getting out of hand. ‘’They won’t Lisa…’’ She thought of something and narrowed her eyes in determination

‘’I’ll make sure of it’’

Lisa smiled, feeling the comfort that Jisoo was giving her is finally taking effect as she hugged her unnie tenderly

‘’Thank you so much for being here for me unnie…’’

Jisoo smiled softly and hugged her back ‘’Anytime monkey…’’

‘’I won’t let this drama ruin the four of us’’


And that brings us back to Chaeyoung and Jisoo who are having a tense moment right now.

‘’Chaeyoung please just explain this to me’’ Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung in the eyes almost pleadingly

‘’There’s nothing to explain Jisoo-unnie’’ She glanced at the Jennie’s post and her eyes softened at how happy they look ‘’We just enjoyed our day at the amusement park...’’ She hesitated a bit for speaking again

''That's all...''

‘’This feels like more than that Chaeng’’ Jisoo said softly ‘’Please, open up to me. What are you so afraid of?’’

‘’The anger that I will see in your eyes…the pain of hurting my loved ones…the fear of losing all of you’’

However, Chaeyoung kept that to her thought as she swallowed the lump in and turned away ‘’If this is what I came here for, I think I should just go home’’

Jisoo is starting to get angry ‘’Lisa is crying because of you!’’ She yelled madly

That made Chaeyoung stopped her tracks ‘’…what?’’ 

‘’Lisa has been keeping her jealousy in check because ever since the two of you came back from New Zealand…’’ Jisoo trailed before speaking in a serious tone

 

‘’Something has changed’’

 

Chaeyoung wants to cry but she knows that if she cries, it will only confirm Jisoo’s suspicion

 

‘’I’m sorry unnie…’’

 

Then she left.

 

Jisoo gripped her phone as her mind raced at the possibility of what Chaeyoung meant by that. She knows that Chaeyoung wouldn’t even think to be with her right now because of what just happened…so Jisoo started to gear up and walk towards another person that’s in this mess.


Jennie looks surprise to see Jisoo in her house, her eyes confused because usually Jisoo would text her if she's coming over...and definitely not like this with Jisoo looking at her like she's a crime suspect ‘’Jisoo-unnie? What are you doing here?’’ 

‘’Jennie give me your phone’’

Jennie frowned ‘’Jisoo-unnie wha-?’’

She was cut off as Jisoo suddenly marched past her and towards her room.  Jennie panicked and God Jisoo is really in a fast mood right now since she's walking fast, and that is so unlike of her. She has a bad feeling of what’s coming next as she followed Jisoo to her room.

As soon as she entered her room, she could only see Jisoo’s shock face at her phone, looking at something within it.

‘’Yah unnie! That’s an invasion of privacy’’ Jennie glared at her and snatched her phone from Jisoo’s clutch ''I'm really regretting for not changing my password ever since you found it out a few months ago''

‘’Jennie…’’ Jisoo looked at her in disbelief ‘’The pictures and video in your phone…’’

Jennie cursed inwardly, slightly regretting saving the pictures Alice sent to her. It was numerous pictures of her and Chaeyoung’s adventure in New Zealand. From the sweet moment at the aquarium, the kissing on the cheeks from their different activities, until to the video of Chaeyoung carrying Jennie in bridal style because she was sick.

‘’Jisoo…’’ Jennie bit her lip as she could feel there’s no escape from this as Jisoo said bluntly

 

‘’Something did happen between you and Chaeyoung’’

 

Yup definitely no escape

 

Jennie looked away from the eldest, she definitely didn’t expect that this would happen to her today. She was just planning Chaeyoung’s surprise from her and tried calling the said girl earlier but her phone was off…

Now Jisoo is here confronting her about the issue and she can’t lie herself out of this especially since the eldest is looking at her with stone cold eyes and dissatisfied frown, a knowing look in her eyes just waiting for Jennie to tell it herself. 

‘’Tell me damn it!’’ Jisoo yelled

‘’This whole issue is destroying our friendship! Tell me the damn truth already Jennie Kim!’’

‘’Okay fine!’’ Jennie shouted ‘’Something did happen between us Jisoo!’’

‘’We kissed okay?! When we drank, we kissed and I confessed my feelings to her!’’ Jennie ranted to her and told her everything from the start to finish

 

''My mom planned it all and I agreed okay? When we were stuck in that attic...it was the day my mom asked Chaeyoung's mom to celebrate Christmas together, all for me to have a chance to finally show Chaeyoung how much I love her without any restraints.''

 

''Her sister even supported me. She's the one who sent most of the pictures and the video...From the aquarium, the Sky Tower, the way towarsd Waiheke Island, the helicopter ride, the zipline...all of the activities, we have different pictures. I showed her everything that I could and faced new activities that had our blood pumping but made the vacation more memorable than ever...the best part was Chaeyoung being happy with me.''

 

''We went through many things despite it only for a week'' Jennie whispered ''I finally showed her my true feelings and...she reciprocated it. On the day of Christmas, I convinced her to drink wine with me'' She hesitated a bit before continuing in a soft voice

 

''We got drank because it got more alcoholic content...and I...'' Jennie bit her lip

 

''We kissed and I confessed''

Jisoo’s mouth dropped in shock as she listened to Jennie ‘’How…’’ She whispered ‘’How could you do that Jennie? How could you kiss Chaeyoung when she’s in a relationship with our best friend’’

‘’How could I what?!’’ Jennie growled but tears are pricking her eyes from the way Jisoo is looking at her like she’s a stranger ‘’How could I let this last chance slip by? How could I open up my feelings? How could I take advantage of this vacation just so I could show Chaeyoung how much I love her?’’

‘’How could you ruin our best friends’ relationship you pabo!’’ Jisoo glared at her ‘’You’d think this is easy for Lisa since you’ve returned from New Zealand? You weren’t there when she was keeping her jealousy in check! You weren’t there watching her cry from seeing her girlfriend being so different than before! You weren’t there when Lisa’s full in doubt and confusion in their relationship!’’

‘’Chaeyoung chose Lisa’’ Jisoo said ‘’I’m so disappointed in you Jennie! I’ve defended you from Lisa’s accusation because I know you’ll respect their decisions but this?’’ She pointed out Jennie’s phone

‘’This is uncalled for!’’ Jisoo shouted ‘’I know I told you to talk about your feelings before but this is taking things too far!’’

Jennie snapped

 ‘’No Jisoo…’’ She whispered lowly ‘’You weren’t there when I was crying my hearts out when Chaeyoung chose Lisa…You weren’t there when I was in the most bottom line of myself…You weren’t there to witness the pain the I feel every time I see them…and most of all’’ She looked at Jisoo dead in the eyes, her eyes hurting and crying

 

‘’You weren’t there for me’’

 

Both Kims were quiet, staring at each other with hurt in their faces. Jisoo was about to open but Jennie continued

‘’No Kim Jisoo’’ Jennie said coldly ‘’Don’t you dare even say that you were always there for me. You’ve betrayed me before’’

Their minds flashing back Jisoo helping Lisa to ask Chaeyoung to be her girlfriend

‘’I tried to understand…God I really tried to understand why you did that’’ Jennie’s lip quivered ‘’How could you Kim Jisoo?’’ She started crying

‘’I’m your first best friend…I was always there for you’’ Jennie said ‘’I was always waiting for you to be there for me…but you never didn’t’’

‘’And now’’ Jennie smiled painfully ‘’You’re taking Lisa’s side again…never once understanding about what I did’’

‘’Because it’s not right Jennie…’’ Jisoo whispered softly, her heart hurting seeing the tears of her best friend ‘’You should have still respected their relationship…’’ Jisoo looked at Jennie in the eyes

‘’Lisa’s your best friend. I know you have feelings for Chaeyoung but…’’

Jennie is starting to shake in anger and cut her off ‘’This is not just a crush for Christ sake Kim Jisoo! I love her Jisoo!’’ Jennie screamed angrily ‘’I don’t want to back down now especially since Chaeyoung reciprocated her feelings!’’

‘’Both of you were drunk Jennie’’ Jisoo looked away from her so that Jennie wouldn’t see her teary eyes, what Jennie said to her is really affecting her right now. The way Jennie said that she wasn’t there for her really shaken her being.

‘’She could have didn’t mean that…’’

‘’As I’ve said,’’ Jennie wiped away her tears with force

 ‘’You weren’t there’’

‘’Did she tell you she loves you then?’’ Jisoo looked at her straight in the eyes now ‘’Did she?’’

Jennie opened to say yes but…

‘’Jennie…my wifey’’ Chaeyoung released the kiss as she whispers, her voice like an angel soothing Jennie’s heart ‘’I have strong…really strong feelings for you even right now’’

‘’I…’’

Jisoo shook her head and started to walk out of Jennie’s room, stopping by her side to say ‘’Look Jennie…I just didn’t expect for you to plan this Christmas vacation just to ruin their relationship…it’s not a best friend thing to do you know?’’

‘’I didn’t do it to ruin their relationship Jisoo…’’ Jennie looked at her with a betrayed look in her eyes that made Jisoo look away ''I did it because I want to give it one last shot...I want to court her that whole week with my full efforts because I didn't get to do before'' She said weakly ''It was my mistake in the past but the Christmas vacation is the only way to fix that mistake...please Jisoo'' Her eyes looked pleadingly to Jisoo

 

''Understand me please...''

 

‘’It’s still wrong…’’ Jisoo spoke out softly‘’ ''I swear Jennie don't make it worse by delaying or lying to your own best friend'' Jisoo glanced at the cat-eyed girl

''Tell Lisa the truth before everything blows up. I won't tell her because she deserves to know the truth from your mouths...not mine.''

As Jisoo left, Jennie was left with her own thoughts and whispered solemnly as one thing from their whole argument stuck to her mind

''She's right...Chaeyoung didn't say I love you to me...''

Jennie let out the remaining tears in her eyes as she clutched her chest remembering Jisoo’s harsh responses to her.

‘’I don’t know how long I could keep on waiting hubby…’’


:(((((, That's all I can say. Please support and stream ''Ice Cream'' by Selpink! I hope you guys empathize with this chapter as it finally shows Jensoo's side of friendship. However, is that friendship gone for good? Or will they fix it soon before the end of their school year? Find out in a few more chapters :)