You're The Best Part of My Paradise

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

Hello and welcome to the final chapter of Lovers Turned to Love Rivals (or as my good friends said, LTTLR) We've been through a lot of emotions; happiness, sadness, frustrations, as well as anger throughout the whole story. I can't express how I'm eternally grateful to all of you for riding this wave until the end.  Enjoy and get your tissues out!

Suggested song while reading: 

When You Look Me In The Eyes by Jonas Brothers (Teenager Rosie's version is also fine)

Best Part by H.E.R and Daniel Ceaser


‘’Do I look okay?’’

Mrs. Kim chuckled and fixed her daughter’s black blazer, clearly proud at how beautiful her daughter is ‘’I would never have thought that I would see my daughter in a suit.’’ She said in amusement.

Jennie is dressed in a black suit with the front down in a low V showcasing her white and soft dress shirt inside paired of course with her black pants. She managed to look feminine even in just a suit but the dominance she emits is undeniable.

(Jennie Kim's Outfit: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2f/57/06/2f5706071f0ab7f9ddf0baef0164b773.jpg)

‘’Well,’’ Jennie blushed a bit ‘’We actually talked about that…’’

Flashback

As the newly fixed relationship of the four girls are blooming, they are now talking about what they’re going to wear tomorrow for prom night.

‘’Monkey here asked me to prom’’ Jisoo said bluntly surprising the two before turning to look at Lisa ‘’So you’re going to be the one dressed in a suit’’

Lisa shrugged ‘’I don’t mind besides’’ Her eyebrows wiggled ‘’I look hot on it’’ She said smugly

Jisoo gagged ‘’I just don’t want you to wear heels because I don’t like craning my neck up just to see my partner while dancing’’

‘’Who says we’re going to dance?’’ Lisa smirked and avoided a slap from Jisoo by hiding behind Chaeyoung

Jisoo looked at her in disbelief ‘’Aish you know me too much…you know I won’t hit you because you’re behind Chaeyoungie’’

Lisa looked victorious as Chaeyoung giggled and Jennie looked at her with raised eyebrows

‘’So you mean to tell me when Lisa hides behind me…you’ll hit me too?’’

Jisoo nodded making Jennie roll her eyes but a small exasperated smile on her face

‘’How about you Jendeukie? Will you and Chaeyoung both wear dresses to prom tonight?’’

‘’Yes’’

‘’No’’

Chaeyoung and Jennie looked at each other as Jisoo sweat-dropped

‘’Uh….’’

‘’Hey you can’t blame me’’ Jennie defended herself ‘’I haven’t even found the right dress yet!’’

Chaeyoung blinked, she thought that they will both go with dresses because well…they’re girls. She then thought Jennie in a black suit and immediately blushed at the thought

 

Her wifey will definitely be hotter than summer itself

 

‘’What are you thinking?’’ Jennie

‘’Nothing!’’ Chaeyoung waved her hands frantically ‘’Absolutely nothing!’’

‘’I just thought that you know…’’ Chaeyoung giggled ‘’I wasn’t expecting that you own a suit’’

Jennie laughed ‘’When we have a thesis, you’ll need a formal attire; and I absolutely don’t want to present our thesis with a tight skirt even if it looks good on me’’

Jisoo chuckled ‘’Yeah I remember that. You bought that suit just for that purpose’’

‘’It’s easier to move and breath in’’

Chaeyoung suddenly pouted ‘’But…’’ She sulked

Jennie immediately went to console her ‘’What’s wrong?’’

‘’I’m supposed to be your hubby…’’ She whispered so quietly ‘’I’m supposed to be the one wearing a suit’’

‘’What?’’ Jennie looked amused

‘’I can still hear you chipmunk’’

Chaeyoung yelped looking behind seeing Lisa snickering at her

‘’I didn’t know you were that cheesy’’ Lisa chuckled. Chaeyoung was never that cheesy to her but she’s really sweet like a cotton candy. Looks like she really did made the right decision of letting her go to her former love rival.

 

Even if the cheesiness is making her gag a bit

 

At least she gets to tease the hell out of her chipmunk and see her blush while panicking

 

Jennie laughed out loud ‘’It’s okay hubby’’ She grinned ‘’I’ll be fine in my suit besides,’’

She took a hold of Chaeyoung’s hands and winked

‘’I bet you’ll still look gorgeous when I see you tomorrow night…’’

‘’Spare me the cheesiness please’’ Jisoo covered her ears making Lisa laugh at her and copy her

‘’Eehee!’’

All of them were quiet after hearing Lisa’s aegyo

‘’Wow…it’s been a while since we heard that’’ Jennie commented

‘’To be honest I kind of missed it’’ Chaeyoung laughed

Jisoo uncovered her ears ‘’What did I miss?’’

‘’Lisa’s aegyo’’

Jisoo went back on covering her ears ‘’Good thing I’m covering my ears then’’

They all laughed at their 4D friend as they walked home and prepare their dresses and suits for tomorrow night

End Flashback

‘’I didn’t even know if I was attending the prom because things were rocky after Chaeyoung’s birthday…’’ Jennie said ‘’So I really didn’t bother to buy a dress for prom’’

Mr. Kim grinned ‘’It’s fine kiddo, you look great!’’

Jennie raised her eyebrows

‘’Perfect I mean’’ Her dad coughed out

‘’Much better’’ Jennie grinned and looked at the clock ‘’I better get going then.’’ She said excitedly

‘’I got to fetch my girlfriend’’

Her lips curled in a contagious happy smile that made her parents feel burst of happiness seeing their daughter at the top of her world right now.

‘’Girlfriend…’’

God it felt good to call Chaeyoung her girlfriend, after so many months of heartbreaks, jealousy, fights, happiness, and love…it was all worth it as she finally got her partner in life and maybe even the future…

 

Her true hubby

 

 ‘’Bye mom!’’

‘’Don’t go home pregnant!’’

‘’Don’t be such a pabo dad! That’s physically impossible!’’

Mr. Kim laughed seeing the red face of his daughter ‘’It’s so fun to but…’’ He smiled wistfully ‘’She really matured so much’’

He put his wife to a hug and put a loving kiss to her cheeks that resembles Jennie ‘’And it’s all because of you’’

Mrs. Kim giggled and gave her husband a peck on the lips ‘’I just gave them a little push…it was all of them, they did all the work’’ She said before raising her eyebrows to her husband, looking like her daughter 

''Don't forget you also gave her a push after Chaeyoung's birthday because I was gone from work.'' Mr. Kim chuckled and winked

''As I've said, I can get a Masteral's Degree of dealing with you and our daughter''

Mrs. Kim giggled and smiled seeing Jennie meet up with Lisa at the front of their house, also wearing a suit almost similar to Jennie. Lisa wears a white button up shirt that is sealed up to her collarbones paired with a black suit jacket that is ed and black pants.

(Lisa Manoban's Outfit: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c9/18/5d/c9185d7fc646a0962632552134fc910c.jpg)

‘’Damn those two could be models’’ Mr. Kim chuckled ‘’And we still haven’t even seen their dates’’

Mrs. Kim smiled

‘’I bet they’re going to be gorgeous…’’ She looked at Jennie who was on their way to Chaeyoung’s house

‘’And in our daughter’s eyes? Chaeyoung would be perfect’’


‘’Would I be able to play in this dress?’’

Chaeyoung said nervously as she looked at herself in the mirror

''Yes you will dear, don't worry'' Mr. Park reassured her

‘’Oh dear you look so beautiful’’ Mrs. Park is crying happy tears ‘’And you even dyed your hair!’’

Yup, Chaeyoung’s not black-haired anymore. She’s now sporting a light blonde hair color to surprise Jennie and hopefully, her wifey, Jennie, would like it.

‘’You’ve really dyed your hair so that it could go well in your dress didn’t you?’’ Mr. Park chuckled making Chaeyoung blush

‘’I…’’ She whispered ‘’I want to look the very best for her’’

‘’Oh honey’’ Mrs. Park wiped away her tears and hugged Chaeyoung, careful on not ruining her makeup.

‘’You’re absolutely gorgeous’’

Mrs. Park stepped back to admire her grown up daughter; She’s wearing an absolutely stunning light beige dress that has a slit on her one side of her leg. It’s a flowy dress and the kind that lets you move freely. She paired it with a simple gold necklace and silver earrings. Her makeup is light and it’s one of those times where Chaeyoung wears a red lipstick.

(Park Chaeyoung's Outfit: https://data.whicdn.com/images/329225920/original.jpg)

In other words, she really looks stunning

Mrs. Park smile proudly ‘’She matured so much…’’She thought as somehow maturity made her daughter looks much more defined. The long play of feelings is finally over as Chaeyoung finally realized her true feelings for a certain girl…

‘’She’s looking vibrant isn’t she?’’ Mr. Park whispered to his wife

‘’Because she’s in love…’’ They watch Chaeyoung fidget nervously but the excited smile on her face really shows her true feelings

 

‘’And happy’’

 

She looked outside and smiled giddily seeing two girls waiting in front of their house, her eyes locked on a nervous stunning Jennie who was really blinking really hard to stay focus as if Chaeyoung’s parents didn’t know her…

 

Or she’s nervous she’ll die of heart attack when she sees her daughter

 

Mrs. Park chuckled ‘’Oh she’ll definitely needs a new heart when it gets out of control when Chaeyoung comes down’’

‘’Come on dear, it’s time. They’re already here’’

Chaeyoung panicked a bit and was about to go to the window to look but her mom stopped her

‘’Now don’t ruin the surprise’’ She grinned ‘’But I can promise you your wifey looks fine as hell’’

‘’Mom!’’

‘’Dear!’’

Mrs. Park laughed ‘’Oh come on you two let the mother have her fun’’ Then she noticed Chaeyoung kept on looking at the mirror to make sure she’s perfect and all

‘’Dear you’re beautiful enough’’ Mr. Park smiled at her daughter, feeling a swell of pride raising such a caring daughter. He hugged her tightly and whispered

‘’Now go out there and enjoy your night…’’ He pulled back ‘’You got a girlfriend to impress’’

Chaeyoung’s eyes teared up but she held it in because she doesn’t want to ruin her look and proceeded in hugging both of her parents

‘’Thank you so much for everything…’’

They hugged back and enjoyed this family moment before pulling away

 

‘’Ready?’’

 

Chaeyoung beamed

 

‘’Absolutely’’


Jennie kept on tapping her foot ‘’Is it me or is time really slow right now?’’

‘’Jen we’re just waiting for like 2 minutes’’ Lisa said in amusement

‘’Really? It felt longer…’’

Lisa rolled her eyes and then they heard Chaeyoung’s front door opens…

Their breath hitched as they watch Chaeyoung enter their sight like a goddess she is, walking with her flowing beige dress and her eyes and lips smiling brightly

Lisa blinked and cleared to stop her hammering heart

‘’She’s absolutely gorgeous…’’

Despite letting Chaeyoung go, she still has some feeling for the older girl but right now? She’s just really appreciating how beautiful her soulmate is. She glanced at Chaeyoung’s pointer finger and smiled in contentment as she saw their soulmate ring, making her touch her own soulmate ring fondly.

 

Jennie however is in a far worse reaction

 

She literally stopped breathing and watched with wide eyes and open mouth as Chaeyoung slowly walked herself towards them as if life is like a movie, or maybe it was only Jennie. Her sweet fragrance entered her nostrils and she suddenly remembered how to breath as Chaeyoung sent a small smile to Lisa who smiled back…

 

But it stopped again when Chaeyoung directed her smile to her, and if it was even possible, it was a brighter smile to her.

 

‘’I think you killed Jennie-unnie’’

 

Chaeyoung giggled and looked at her stupefied wifey ‘’She looks so perfect’’

Who would have thought that Jennie Kim looks really good in a suit? Chaeyoung’s not complaining, as soon as she stepped out and saw Jennie in a suit, her heart really stopped that she really took her time in walking towards her girlfriend. She was really panicking inside because she’s scared that she might drool at the sight of her girlfriend.

Chaeyoung smiled happily at calling Jennie her girlfriend and whispered

 

‘’Hi’’

 

Jennie blinked and fixed her composure ‘’H-hey’’ Jennie Kim is a badass and all but she couldn't help but stutter to her girlfriend 

 

Whipped

 

Lisa snickered ‘’I have never seen Jennie like this…she must really be in love with her’’ She glanced again at Chaeyoung and her heart is slowly relaxing now as she continued to look at her soulmate softly ‘’Who wouldn’t?’’ 

‘’You look amazing’’ Chaeyoung grinned

‘’And you look…absolutely perfect’’ Jennie whispered ‘’Where have you been hiding this?’’

‘’In my closet?’’ Chaeyoung giggled

Jennie rolled her eyes and offered her arm while looking at Chaeyoung with so much love…and the burst of happiness she felt when she saw the same emotion in Chaeyoung’s eyes directed to her ‘’Shall we?’’

And on cue, a car is honking at them and stopped right in front of them.

‘’Unnie finally!’’ Lisa complained ‘’These two has been making lov-‘’ dropped in shock as Jisoo went out of the car

‘’lovely…’’ She whispered in awe ‘’eyes…to each other’’

Jisoo is wearing a beautiful white flowing dress almost the same as Chaeyoung’s but without the slit. Her makeup is light but who are we kidding? This is Kim Jisoo, and her visuals are to die for.

Like how Lisa is dying right now as she felt her cheeks reddening when Jisoo glanced at her in amusement

(Kim Jisoo's Outfit: https://d.wattpad.com/story_parts/707038052/images/158d1679234995ad221917168360.jpg)

‘’You look stupid you know that right?’’ Jisoo commented on Lisa’s open mouth and wide eyes

‘’Y-Yah!’’ Lisa composed herself ‘’I look quite dashing if I say so myself!’’

Jisoo looked at her up and down, clearing to hide the truth in ‘’Yeah you look stupid’’ ''stupidly good-looking'' Though the slight blush on her face can be mistaken as makeup so she’s thankful for that.

‘’Stop making heart eyes, you have all night to do that’’ Jisoo teased Chaennie who just kept on grinning stupidly to each other ‘’We’re going to be late if you continue looking like puppies in love’’

‘’I only have a fish though’’ Chaeyoung said innocently making the three laugh at her

‘’Whatever Chaeyoungie’’ Jisoo chuckled ‘’You look gorgeous by the way. I’m proud to call you my ex’’

‘’Unnie!’’ Chaeyoung laughed loudly seeing her girlfriend glare at Jisoo who was snickering along with Lisa.

‘’Then let’s go already so that Jendeukie won’t kill me’’


They arrived at a fancy venue that their school has rented for the night and as soon as they stepped out, all students gawk at them

 

‘’Whoa they look like queens coming out of their limo’’

 

‘’Lisa you’re single now right?! Be my date!’’

 

‘’Hey Kim Jisoo! I’m your seatmate!’’

 

‘’Damn Jennie is looking fine’’

 

‘’Park Chaeyoung is so lucky’’

 

‘’Are you kidding? I think Jennie’s the one who is lucky! Damn girl! Look at those curves!’’

 

Jennie glared at the one who said that and put a protective arm around Chaeyoung’s waist. Chaeyoung just giggled and sent other students polite smile making some of them swoon

‘’Why’d you have to be so polite?’’ Jennie grumbled

‘’Try it and you might kill them’’ Chaeyoung chuckled. Jennie looked at her incredulously while Chaeyoung just raised her eyebrows at her

Jennie sighed and looked at the gawking students ‘’I might regret this…’’

 

She sent them a charming smile

 

Chaeyoung laughed at how loud the squeals of the girls and the screams of the guys when Jennie smiled at them.

 

‘’Oh God Jennie Kim just smiled at me!’’

 

‘’Not you! It’s obviously for me!’’

 

‘’Stop it you two or Park Chaeyoung might kill you’’

 

‘’Doesn’t look like it…she’s laughing’’

 

Jisoo laughed loudly along with Chaeyoung ‘’Whipped’’ She best friend

Jennie rolled her eyes and nuzzled herself to Chaeyoung ‘’I’m only hers anyway’’

‘’You bet you are’’ Chaeyoung winked at her

‘’Wow’’ Lisa chuckled ‘’Who are you and what have you done to my shy chipmunk?’’

‘’How about you show your charms next Lisa?’’ Chaeyoung giggled

‘’If I did that, they might faint on the spot and miss prom’’ Lisa said smugly

‘’Want to bet?’’ Jisoo raised her eyebrows

‘’Oh no’’ Jennie laughed ‘’Lisa’s definitely going to lose this’’

‘’If I made one faint you’ll treat me for a whole month. If you made one faint, I’ll treat you for a whole month’’

‘’Does that include unlimited ice creams?’’

Jisoo rolled her eyes ‘’Yes Lisa it includes unlimited ice cream’’ She then smirked ‘’Rules are simple. Let’s just stay here on our spot and made them faint by gestures’’

‘’You better get a move on while some of them are still looking at us’’  Chaeyoung pointed out and some of the boys immediately looked away when Chaeyoung looked at them.

‘’Hubby stop being so perfect’’ Jennie pouted making Chaeyoung peck her at the lips to reassure her while giggling at her girlfriend's possessiveness.

‘’I’ll go first’’ Lisa looked around and made eye contact with her former dance club members. They whispered loudly when Lisa looked at them.

Lisa sent them a wink and charming smile that her teeth are probably shining with how bright she shined.

The girls screamed like madwomen and their faces are probably looking like they put blush on all over it.

Lisa pouted ‘’Aww I thought one was going to faint because she held her head!’’

Jisoo laughed ‘’Too bad Manoban, now it’s my turn’’

‘’Whatever, this is a stupid bet anyway’’ Lisa grumbled ‘’I mean who would faint by just gestures?’’

 

Thud

 

A thud was heard and Lisa immediately looked at the cause. dropped in shock seeing Jisoo grinning victoriously and hearing Chaennie laughing loudly, a boy on the ground while his friends are panicking and already calling a teacher.

‘’What the?!’’ Lisa exclaimed ‘’H-how?!’’

Jisoo looked smug as Jennie explained

 

‘’She blew a kiss to her seatmate’’

 

‘’That’s so unfair! He already has a crush on you!’’ Lisa glared at Jisoo like a child

‘’So?’’ Jisoo raised her eyebrows ‘’It’s the same situation with you and your girls’’

‘’Are you making me a playgirl?!’’ Lisa said in disbelief before turning her voice to a mischievous one ‘’Or are you jealous?’’

Jisoo slapped her at the arm ‘’Keep on dreaming monkey’’

‘’I already am’’ Lisa smiled dorkily while gazing at her, appreciating the visuals that the eldest offered to the world ‘’You’re like a dream to look at unnie…’’ She whispered softly

Jisoo blushed furiously and stuttered ‘’L-let’s go find something to eat pabo! I won the bet so you better prepare your wallet’’

Unaware of the effect of what she said, Lisa groaned and wailed ‘’My poor wallet…’’

‘’You still have that debt to me’’ Jisoo smirked ‘’Your soulmates’ ring in case you forgot’’

‘’Lisa borrowed money from you?’’ Chaeyoung cut off their banter since she and Jennie have been watching them like they’re watching a comedy show

‘’Yeah, she didn’t tell you?’’ Jisoo asked and they gave her a pointed look as if reminding her what just happened ‘’Oh yeah…sorry about that’’

‘’Don’t worry about it chipmunk’’ Lisa grinned cheekily ‘’I got this. Remember this is our soulmates’ ring so don’t worry’’

‘’But I want to help…’’

Lisa smiled and poked Chaeyoung’s cheeks ‘’You’re as sweet as ever you know? It’s my gift to you so please let me handle it’’ She said softly ‘’And also, it’s a sorry for slapping you too’’

‘’I…kind of deserved that’’ Chaeyoung cringed remembering Lisa’s strong slap ‘’Though you really do work out you know?’’ She said with a joking smile to lift up the mood, which worked

 ‘’Of course I do’’ Lisa scoffed ‘’This body of mine is from hard work’’

‘’Come on already I’m hungry monkey’’ Jisoo complained ‘’How about you two?’’ She asked Chaennie

Chaeyoung looked at Jennie with puppy eyes who laughed at that

‘’Of course’’ Jennie grinned ‘’We all know food is really my hubby’s number one lover’’

‘’Well that’s actually true’’

Jennie looked at her in shocked ‘’What?!’’ Then turned into a pout ‘’Are you serious?!’’

Chaeyoung giggled and pecked Jennie on the lips, her pout immediately turning to a love-stuck smile ‘’I’m just kidding’’ Then she leaned in to whisper something to Jennie’s ears

 

‘’After all…maybe in the future you’ll be my food’’

 

Then she leaned away like nothing happened with a cheeky grin and gestured for them to go for the food area already

 

‘’Come on I’m hungry!’’

 

Jennie stared blankly, frozen in shock at the back of her girlfriend who left her for…real food. Jennie cleared , her blush instantly flaming her face at what just went through her mind.

 

Who knew her girlfriend has a green side on her mind?

 

Lisa looked at her weirdly ‘’Why are you looking like a creep with that scary smirk and creepy eyes?’’

Jennie giggled and sent Lisa an aloof grin ‘’Oh nothing…’’ She looked again at the happily eating Chaeyoung

‘’Just excited for the future…very excited’’

Lisa shook her head and proceeded in taking more foods ‘’Sometimes I wondered why Chaeyoung chose Jennie over me…she’s being so creepy right now’’

If only Lisa knew what's on Jennie's mind right now, which might be a good thing for the innocence of her eyes. 


With that, the four of them began eating and chatting happily

Chaeyoung glanced at Jennie and Lisa who were arguing about something so she took this chance to scoot closer to Jisoo

‘’I think it’s time’’

Jisoo looked at her ‘’Are you sure? You’ve digested your food already? You might throw up pasta’’ She chuckled

Chaeyoung looked at her with panicked eyes ‘’Yah! Don’t make me feel more nervous!’’

Jisoo laughed quietly ‘’Well this is an impromptu surprise you know? I got to use my dad’s powers to make the teachers agree to this. You should be thankful’’

‘’Is the guitar tuned?’’

Jisoo rolled her eyes ‘’Did you forget who you’re talking too?’’

‘’It’s not mine you know…so I’m really taking care of it’’

Jisoo smiled and patted Chaeyoung at her shoulders ‘’You’ll do great, I fell in love with you because of your guitar skills before you know?’’

‘’Yeah I know’’ Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’Thank you for that er…awkward pep talk’’

‘’Why is it awkward?!’’ Jisoo made her eyes big making Chaeyoung hide her laugh behind her hand

‘’Seriously? Saying you fell in love because of my guitar skill?’’ Chaeyoung snickered ‘’Really unnie, reminding me you’re my ex is really one of the best pep talk I have ever heard’’

‘’Didn’t you know? I’m Kim Jisoo so I’m the best’’

Chaeyoung laughed loudly making the two arguing former love rivals look at them curiously

‘’Is there something funny hubby?’’ Jennie asked, raising her eyebrows

‘’It’s just Jisoo-unnie being weird again don’t worry’’ Chaeyoung chuckled and waved off their curiosity. When Jennie looked away, Chaeyoung nudged Jisoo and nodded that says

‘It’s time’

‘’Chaeyoungie can you come with me to the bathroom?’’

Chaeyoung smiled ‘’Sure unnie’’

Lisa shot them a knowing look and noticed Jennie looked at them a bit weirdly so she tried to distract the older girl

‘’So Jennie-unnie,’’ Lisa said ‘’How does it feel to be stupid yesterday?’’

Jennie glared at her ‘’What the hell do you mean by that Manoban?’’

Lisa snickered ‘’You walked in on me and Chaeyoung as I was finally letting her go to your clutches’’

‘’You make it sound like I’m evil’’

‘’Yeah, it’s the reason why I loved you in the first place a year ago’’

Jennie gagged even though Lisa's voice is dripping with sarcasm ‘’Don’t remind me’’

‘’So you’re not mad about this?’’ Lisa showcased her soulmate ring to Jennie

Jennie shook her head ‘’I know you’re both important to each other…heck I even thought I’ve really lost my chance but I know you two are soulmates, considering you're being fine with all of this despite of us just fixing this yesterday’’

Lisa took a hold of Jennie’s hand ‘’We may have been together for months…but’’ She smiled sadly ‘’She always looked brighter to you…she always looks to you with that special kind of love that even I couldn’t get to’’

Jennie looked at Lisa who was looking at her earnestly with a tint of pain ‘’She’s my brightest star Jen and I want her to keep on shining…’’ She sent Jennie a toothy grin

‘’And she’s blinding my eyes ever since the two of you got together, it made me realize that I’ve made the right decision after all’’

‘’Lisa…’’

Lisa subtly looked behind Jennie which was the stage and smiled ‘’Don’t forget what I said unnie…’’ Lisa pointed something behind Jennie in which the older girl followed it

 

‘’Take care of my soulmate…’’

 

Jennie in her breath as she saw Chaeyoung beaming at her with her guitar on her hand, clutching it like it’s the most important thing in the world

‘’Good evening everyone! First I would like to thank the school for letting me sing the first song to formally start the Valentines dance of our prom’’ Chaeyoung then locked her eyes to Jennie’s shocked ones

‘’And I dedicate this song to the girl who has watched me sing this piece of music at my most vulnerable state…the girl who has never given up even if I’m full of fear and stupidity.’’ Chaeyoung started strumming the song as she continued

‘’The girl who has made me the happiest woman alive right at this moment, looking at her and thinking how God damn lucky I am to have a woman like her to fall in love to a woman like me’’ Chaeyoung already started tearing up as she kept on looking at Jennie

 

‘’I love you Jennie Kim, my wifey…this is for you’’

 

If the heart is always searching

Can you ever find a home

I've been looking for that someone

I'll never make it on my own

 

Chaeyoung closed her eyes as she remembered every moment of her life...from the day she met them up to this point; at the same time Jennie's mind flashed back to all of her moments with Chaeyoung throughout the year

 

‘’ My name is Roseanne Park but my Korean name is Park Chaeyoung. I hope we can all be good friends!’’ The transferee student now called Park Chaeyoung introduced herself with a shy smile.

 

Jennie’s heart literally stopped and she panicked a bit when Chaeyoung turned around and they had a bit of eye contact. But the real reason why her heart literally stopped was because of the small smile Chaeyoung gave to her. She didn’t know why she smiled but she gladly accepted it.

 

‘’I’m Jennie, probably the sanest out of the three of us.’’ Jennie smirked

 

Dreams can't take the place of loving you

There's gotta be a million reasons why it's true

 

‘’Looks like I have a stylish fellow jogger with me’’ Jennie

 

‘’Is it too much?’’ Chaeyoung asked, worry in her tone ‘’I always dress like this when I’m in Australia…’’

 

Jennie laughed ‘’No Chaeng, I’m just kidding. You look good.’’

 

Chaeyoung blushed at the compliment ‘’You too unnie.’’ She grinned

 

When you look me in the eyes

And tell me that you love me

Every thing's alright

When you're right here by my side

 

‘’Calm down Jennie-unnie’’ Chaeyoung giggled ‘’I’m sure you probably scarred them for life’’

 

Jennie laughed, finally calming down when she heard Chaeyoung’s giggle. ‘’Seriously, you’re like a protective girlfriend right now’’ Chaeyoung in which Jennie blushed but decided to counter ‘’Then I’ll guess I’ll be your wifey then?’’ She winked ‘’Will you be my hubby?’’ She asked cheekily

 

Chaeyoung blushed and giggled at her ‘’I’ll gladly be your hubby then’’ Jennie only gave her a gummy smile and linked their arms together as they went towards the café.

 

When you look me in the eyes

I catch a glimpse of heaven

I find my paradise

When you look me in the eyes

 

‘’Uhm…so your point is that I’m a nerd?’’ Jennie asked nervously, she is really serious about her studies that’s why she gets high grades and she’s bold. If she wants to add something in a report, she won’t hesitate on doing it. This is the first time she gets to report with a partner since mostly it is an individual work. Their teacher must be really laid back for them to have a project on reporting and with a partner too.

 

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’No wifey that’s not what I meant’’ Chaeyoung sneaked a glance at the confused Jennie, her smile getting even wider at the cute sight ‘’It’s just…it’s really admirable having that kind of trait. You grab opportunities and don’t hesitate.’’

 

Jennie just looked at her, enjoying the sight of Chaeyoung smiling and finally getting the book they need. ‘’She’s so beautiful…’’ Jennie thought, she is really mesmerized by the younger girl’s beauty. She’s beautiful, inside and out, and every moment they spent together, it’s really worth it. She loves the way Chaeyoung grabbed her attention and unknowingly, her mind and heart.

 

How long will I be waiting

To be with you again

Gonna tell you that I love you

In the best way that I can

 

‘’You will always be my wifey’’

She remembered Chaeyoung saying that and that gave her enough determination to fix their fight ‘’I will make this right’’ She murmured

 

She looked outside the café and suddenly felt her heart crack. In front of the café is a pho restaurant and there she saw Lisa, carrying Chaeyoung in piggyback style as Chaeyoung laughed freely while Lisa struggled to carry her but she has a small grin kept on her face despite her long legs shaking

 

Jennie watched as Chaeyoung got out of Lisa’s and giggled when Lisa slumped down at the floor panting harshly. Chaeyoung helped Lisa up and kept giggling at her as Lisa ranted how hard carrying Chaeyoung around. But what made Jennie felt even worse was when Chaeyoung grabbed Lisa by the waist to steady her shaking legs and even kissed Lisa on the cheek while looking at her adoringly.

 

I can't take a day without you here

You're the light that makes my darkness disappear

 

Footsteps were heard going down and both turned, knowing it was Chaeyoung. Both girls felt their breath hitched at the sight in front of them; There was Chaeyoung, wearing a simple off-shoulder white dress looking like an angel, as if light was shining all around her

‘’That’s…what mine is’’ Jennie whispered in awe, she has never seen someone looking so angelic

Jennie cleared feeling Chaeyoung’s eyes on her, her palms feeling clammy due to nervousness ‘’Chaeng…’’ Jennie weakly smiled ‘’You look great, really beautiful’’ She said first

Chaeyoung snapped out of her trance and gave a small smile to Jennie ‘’Thanks..’’ She said shyly ‘’You look beautiful too’’

 

Chaeyoung looked straight in the eyes of her girlfriend and she could see Jennie starting to tear up…probably the same as her; remembering all their moments together as she opened to sing the chorus once again

 

When you look me in the eyes

And tell me that you love me

Every thing's alright

When you're right here by my side

 

Jennie tightened her hug to Chaeyoung whose question still hanging and all she could answer is

 

‘’I love you Park Chaeyoung…Thank you for everything and for staying here with me’’

 

She felt Chaeyoung freeze a bit before her hair softly ‘’I love you too…I’m always here wifey.’’

 

When you look me in the eyes

I catch a glimpse of heaven

I find my paradise

When you look me in the eyes

 

‘’Do you have someone you love wifey?’’

 

Jennie smiled thinking about the girl next to her ‘’Yeah…I love her so much that even though she doesn’t know I love her, I promised to myself to continue on loving her from the sidelines…to continue on making her happy even if I’m not the one she loves, because that’s how much I have fallen in love with her.’’

 

Chaeyoung didn’t know why but she felt her heart race at Jennie’s word, how lovely she looks right now, how fond her voice is when she was talking about her loved one, and that smile…

 

’’Wow…’’ Chaeyoung giggled cutely, laying her head on Jennie’s head ‘’You must really love her then.’’

 

Jennie went to grab on Chaeyoung’s hand tightly who Chaeyoung squeezed it back ‘’ I really do…’’

 

Chaeyoung felt her eyes closing, the comfortable atmosphere around them making her sleepy ‘’That girl must be really lucky to be loved by you…’’ She said before finally falling asleep not hearing what Jennie said

 

Jennie smiled and also felt her eyes closing as she whispered ‘’Yeah…you’re really lucky hubby’’

 

‘’So I was the lucky one…’’ Chaeyoung thought while strumming the guitar for the bridge of the song while her smile on her face brighter than the universe out there and the only one person causing it is now crying and slowly walking towards her as she sang

 

More and more, I start to realize

I can reach my tomorrow…

 

Jennie scoffed and grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand as they head back to their table. Chaeyoung let herself be pulled by Jennie; she couldn’t believe what just happened. She was just going to let it slide but hearing the boy’s reason at that made her quite disappointed.

 

But seeing Jennie defending her and standing up for her, she swore her heart was beating so fast like it ran a marathon, and she was in awe as Jennie roasted the boy that bumped into her. ‘’She’s…amazing’’ Chaeyoung didn’t realize she was wearing a dazzled smile, like Jennie sprinkled her with fairy dust and made her fly.

 

I can hold my head high…

And it's all because you're by my side

 

‘’Wow’’ Chaeyoung chuckled, a red tint seen on her face ‘’This is absolutely the perfect Christmas Eve’’

 

‘’I couldn’t agree more’’ Jennie smiled softly

 

‘’Jennie…’’ Chaeyoung whispered quietly and Jennie just hummed questioningly ‘’You’re absolutely breathtaking…’’

 

Jennie finally changed her view to the girl beside her, looking at her with so much love and awe. She slowly stretch her lips to a gummy smile and a slight blush covering her mandu cheeks.

 

‘’Thank you…’’ Jennie answered, her eyes soft and filled with love and gratefulness.

 

Chaeyoung stopped strumming and locked eyes with Jennie who was almost close to the stage, still looking at her with those crying eyes full of love and warmth that finally made Chaeyoung release her tears as she sang softly

 

When you look me in the eyes

 

‘’Good morning wifey’’ Chaeyoung muttered while nuzzling her nose to Jennie’s hair who giggled and grabbed her hands which was rested on her stomach. ‘’You woke up pretty early’’

 

 

You tell me that you love me

 

 

‘’I wouldn’t want to miss the sunrise’’ Jennie spoke out softly ‘’and it’s even better now that you’re here’’ She glanced at her shoulders and smiled seeing Chaeyoung gently humming while putting her chin on her shoulders.

 

‘’Well, I think you’re more beautiful’’ Chaeyoung smiled at her sleepily

 

 

Every thing's alright

 

 

Jennie’s eyes softened hearing her reason ‘’You want to get some more sleep then? We still have an hour before breakfast after all.’’

 

 

When you're right here by my side

 

‘’Nah’’ Chaeyoung grinned ‘’I would very much enjoy this relaxing moment…’’ She looked at Jennie’s eyes and her heart is bursting seeing the soft and loving look Jennie was giving her ‘’With you’’

 

 

When I hold you in my arms

 

‘’Chaeyoung…be with me’’ Jennie asked

 

I know that its forever

 

‘’Be my girlfriend…I’ll make you the happiest girl in the world and I promise you, I will never let you go…I will never give up on you. You’re the partner in my life…’’

 

I just gotta let you know

 

She clasped Chaeyoung’s hand and looked at her in the eyes ‘’Please…make me yours’’

 

I never want to let you go

 

‘’But I do know…after all this pain, it will be ing worth it… You’re ing worth it’

 

Chaeyoung beamed at Jennie and offered her hand to the crying girl who happily accepted it as Chaeyoung hauled her to the stage, singing while looking at her in the eyes to express her love to her wifey.

 

Cause when you look me in the eyes

 

There in her room

 

Is Jennie Kim giving her that special gummy grin of hers with lots of roses scattered around her room, a dining table covered with white cloth with the sweet aroma of delicious foods that immediately went towards Chaeyoung’s nose, the candle at the middle of the table lighting up the dark room as well as the fairy lights around them, the guitar in Jennie’s hands, and last but not the least, the big ‘Happy Birthday Hubby!’ by her windows.

 

 

And tell me that you love me

 

Chaeyoung's mouth dropped in shock and heart is overwhelmed at the hard work that Jennie has in her tiny body, transforming her typical girl room into a romantic one. Tears are starting to form in her eyes as she missed the older girl so much…

 

And it only fell when Jennie suddenly started playing the guitar as the cat-eyed girl open to sing in a velvety voice that Chaeyoung rarely hears

 

 

Every thing's alright

 

‘’Thank you wifey…’’ Chaeyoung suddenly spoke out softly and holding Jennie’s hand across from her ‘’This is…this is just so perfect’’

 

 

When you're right here by my side

 

Jennie smiled and leaned towards Chaeyoung ‘’No hubby’’ She whispered ‘’You’re perfect’’

 

‘’And I’m lucky that I fell in love to someone like you’’

 

Chaeyoung cupped Jennie’s cheek as she sang the last four lines of the song with so much love and softness that Jennie sobbed

 

When you look me in the eyes

 

Jennie was already crying ever since Chaeyoung held her hands, her heart bursting in disbelief and joy ''B-but I t-thought''

Chaeyoung only raised her eyebrows at her, an amused but lovely smile twirling at her lips

 

 

I catch a glimpse of heaven

 

 

She only managed to stutter out ''Why did you choose me...?''

 

 

I find my paradise

 

Chaeyoung laughed lightly and held Jennie's mandu cheeks tenderly ''Because I love you'' She said with all the utmost love in her body as she leaned in and whispered the words Jennie kept repeating to her

 

 

When you look me in the eyes…

 

''And you're ing worth it''

 

‘’I love you so much Jennie Kim’’ Chaeyoung whispered as couples danced around while enjoying the soft melody and tone of Chaeyoung.

‘’You’re my wife and most especially,’’ Chaeyoung’s eyes twinkled  and leaned in as she whispered lovingly

 

‘’My paradise’’

 

Jennie closed her eyes and met up with Chaeyoung’s lips with hers, their kiss soft and filled with undulated love. Their tears becoming one and they could taste it but instead of tasting the saltiness that normally comes along with it,

 

The tears made the kiss sweeter

 

Probably because they’re happy tears, that they finally found one another and fought for it. After so many months of heartbreaks, jealousy, fights, confusion, and pain…

 

They finally found each other, battered up but now healing as they can never be separated once again

 

They released the kiss and looked at each other with dazzling smiles, their hands intertwined and tight with no intentions of letting each other go.

‘’Wow’’ Jennie giggled ‘’When did you plan this huh?’’ She teased

Chaeyoung blushed ‘’I wanted to be someone worthy…’’ She whispered ‘’Someone who will make you the happiest’’

Jennie’s heart melted at her words and leaned her forehead to touch her hubby’s ‘’Pabo…’’ She whispered, letting out another tear

‘’You already made me the happiest…’’

Chaeyoung smiled that smile that made Jennie fall in love all over again and she wanted to give herself a high-five for not giving up because if what she felt in Christmas? It’s just the beginning of the best part…

 

Now?

 

It’s the peak of Jennie’s best part of her happy ending

 

‘’Hey you nerds!’’ Lisa yelled ‘’You going to come down there or what?!’’

Chaeyoung giggled and hand Jennie her guitar back ‘’Here, I think you might miss it’’

Jennie grinned and grabbed her guitar, feeling Chaeyoung’s warmth on it making her tighten her grip ‘’I definitely missed it…heck I almost forgot that I left it on your house’’

They went down the stage as some students clapped at them while thanking Chaeyoung for such an amazing and touching performance which made the chipmunk-like girl blush

‘’So how was being the special girl of the hour?’’ Jisoo teased

‘’Amazing’’ Jennie beamed while looking at Chaeyoung with her gummy smile ‘’I feel like you should be wearing the suit instead of me…’’

Chaeyoung laughed and winked ‘’Maybe someday’’

‘’You should thank Jisoo-unnie you know?’’ Lisa winked at Jennie ‘’None of Chaeyoung’s performance would have been made possible if it wasn’t for her’’

Jennie’s eyes widened and looked at Chaeyoung for confirmation

Chaeyoung nodded and smiled at her ‘’A big part of my performance is because of her and her family pulling some strings’’ She explained

Jennie’s teary eyes turned to Jisoo who just stared at her with a soft smile, a silent communication between them that only the two of them can understand

‘’Thank you Jisoo-unnie…’’

She hugged Jisoo who hugged back tightly

‘’Anything for my first best friend’’ Jisoo whispered

Jennie let go of the hug and placed the guitar to their table, hopefully no students will play with it as she has an idea of her own

She walked towards her hubby and offered her hand

‘’May I take this hubby of mine to a dance?’’

Chaeyoung accepter her hand with a giddy smile ‘’I would love to wifey’’

Lisa watched her former love rival and ex-girlfriend beam at each other with pure love that Lisa never gets to see even when she was together with both of them. She felt a pinch of longing seeing Chaeyoung kiss Jennie and she sighed inwardly, watching with a defeated form that made Jisoo pat her at the back comfortingly

‘’You did the right thing Lisa’’ Jisoo spoke out softly

‘’Is it weird that I’m both their ex-girlfriend?’’ Lisa chuckled and looked at Jisoo teasingly ‘’Maybe you’re next unnie?’’

Jisoo blushed and scoffed ‘’S-shut up monkey.’’ She put away her hand away from the maknae ‘’Sulk their all you want, I’m going to dance’’

‘’With whom?’’ Lisa’s eyes twinkled in amusement

‘’I’ll find someone soon’’ Jisoo smirked at her, almost challenging her ‘’I have my seatmate who fainted by me blowing a kiss’’

Lisa rolled her eyes and offered her hand to Jisoo with a dramatic bow that made Jisoo burst in laughter ‘’You can’t dance to anyone until you dance with your date you know?’’ Lisa said arrogantly

‘’Who said you’re my date?’’ Jisoo raised her eyebrows

‘’You accepted my offer to be my date prom tonight’’

‘’Fine, only because it’ll ruin my image of ditching my date. I still have to dance to my seatmate’’

‘’Oh don’t worry, you won’t be able to dance with him…’’ Lisa chuckled as Jisoo accepted her hand graciously, the soft skin making her heart beat nervously a bit

‘’Because I’ll make sure you’ll be with me all night’’


‘’You know, I’m really glad I’m wearing heels’’ Jennie chuckled ‘’Not wearing heels with my gorgeous girlfriend taller than me…and I’m the one in a suit’’

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’Awww but you look so cute being such a smol bean’’ She teased

‘’Whatever, you know I look hot anyways’’ Jennie smirked and winked at her, effectively earning a blush from her hubby that made Jennie lean in and kiss it

‘’Yeah…’’ Chaeyoung cleared , the effect that Jennie Kim has on her is still strong ‘’You really do look hot’’

Students look at them admiringly, almost wanting to have a relationship that the two of them have…but what they don’t know the perfect couple they’re watching has gone through so much. They witnessed Park Chaeyoung being aggressive and impulsive, they witnessed Lalisa Manoban being emotionless like a robot, they witnessed Kim Jisoo being quiet for more than a day, and they witnessed Jennie Kim being a soft bean and whipped mess to only one person. The four girls went through a much needed harships that made them who they are tonight. 

So maybe it’s more than that, they’re not the perfect girls that the people around has perceived them. They have their own problems, and some even heavier than they thought.

Jennie giggle hearing students whisper around them ‘’I think I heard someone saying that the badass Jennie Kim has softened up’’ She looked accusingly to Chaeyoung ‘’I wonder who’s the cause of it…’’

‘’Because you have a cute Australian girlfriend’’ Chaeyoung said in English, her voice deeper than her Korean, looking at Jennie with amusement

Jennie blushed ‘’You know with you singing in English earlier, I’m a hundred percent sure the whole school is crushing on you’’ She said

‘’Let them be’’ Jennie raised her eyebrows as if telling Chaeyoung to test her jealousy

Chaeyoung giggled at that and peck Jennie at the lips

‘’Let them be because’’ She whispered

‘’I already have my heart set on one person’’ Chaeyoung pulled Jennie closer, slow dancing with her

‘’And her name is Jennie Kim’’

Jennie sighed and hugged Chaeyoung while swaying from side to side, her ears perking up hearing a familiar song

 

You don't know, babe

When you hold me

And kiss me slowly

It's the sweetest thing

And it don't change

If I had it my way

You would know that you are

 

‘’Fate is really playing with us huh’’ Chaeyoung chuckled

Jennie laughed ‘’Why? It’s a beautiful song’’ She said as she sang along

 

‘’You're the coffee that I need in the morning’’

 

Jennie pulled away as she sang closely to Chaeyoung, melting the younger girl with her velvety voice

 

‘’You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring’’

 

Chaeyoung giggled and admired Jennie as she felt her heart warmed up hearing Jennie singing to her

 

‘’Won't you give yourself to me…give it all, oh’’

 

Jennie was surprised to hear another voice join her in the chorus, perfectly harmonizing with her as she smiled lovingly to the singing Chaeyoung in front of her

 

I just wanna see

I just wanna see how beautiful you are

You know that I see it

I know you're a star

Where you go I follow

No matter how far

If life is a movie

Oh you're the best part, oh oh oh

You're the best part, oh oh oh

Best part

 

With gazes full of love, the two hubby and wifey closed in and melted at the soft tender kiss that they could never get enough of as the song continued playing around them

They pulled away with breathtaking smiles

‘’I love you Jennie Kim’’ Chaeyoung whispered ‘’Forever and ever’’

Jennie’s heart bursted as she heard once again those three words from Chaeyoung’s mouth ‘’Say it again please’’ She murmured

Chaeyoung giggled and kissed Jennie at the lips

 

‘’I love you so much Jennie Kim, forever and ever’’

 

Jennie rewarded her with a special gummy smile only for Chaeyoung as she replied

 

‘’I love you too so much Park Chaeyoung, forever and ever’’

 

‘’Hey nerds! Let’s look out the balcony, the stars look amazing!’’

Lisoo burst their bubble with teasing gazes ‘’Stop smooching each other so much, you’re giving the audience quite a show’’ Lisa smirked

‘’And I could practically guess what you two are saying to each other so please spare me the cheesiness’’ Jisoo pretended to gag making Lisa laugh and shook her head, looking at the eldest with a grateful gaze

Jennie rolled her eyes ‘’Whatever’’ She grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand and felt the younger intertwined them, looking at them with a happy smile

‘’Let’s go then’’ She said cheerfully

The four of them went out the balcony and were greeted by beautiful constellations that painted the dark sky above, reminding Chaeyoung and Jennie about Jennie’s secret spot where they watched the fireworks

‘’Did you remember that too?’’

Chaeyoung isn’t surprise to hear that question and whispered

‘’Of course’’ She turned to Jennie with a beautiful smile ‘’That was the first time I heard you sing…and it was like discovering more sides of you that I can’t help but fall to each of them’’

‘’You’ve seen all my sides hubby…’’ Jennie said ‘’You saw me at my best…’’ She tightened their hold to each other

‘’And you’ve seen me at my worst…and there’s no one else I’m glad to give myself up to, to open all my vulnerabilities to…and to trust my heart to’’

Jennie looked at Chaeyoung’s eyes, the chattering of her two best friends quieting down to whispers…

 

‘’I promise to make sure you’re the happiest girl alive while I’m here beside you. I will never leave you and I will help you reach your dreams hubby’’ Jennie smiled lovingly at her ‘’I promise…a happy and better future for the both of us because I am never going to let you go Park Chaeyoung do you hear me clearly?’’

 

Jennie cupped Chaeyoung’s cheek ‘’You’re eternally mine…and I’m eternally yours’’ She said softly ‘’I love you so much Park Chaeyoung’’

 

Chaeyoung felt tears streaming down her face and grabbed Jennie’s hand that’s cupping her cheeks ‘’I promise to take care of your heart wifey, I promise to treasure each of our moments and to make sure we’re holding on as we go along the next journey of our lives. I will never let you go, not again. I will always be here to help and support you towards your goal and we’ll always find a way back to each other no matter what happens’’

 

She leaned in and touched her forehead to Jennie’s, closing her eyes as she continued in a soft loving tone

 

‘’You’re eternally mine…and I’m eternally yours Jennie Kim. I love you so much’’

 

Jennie smiled and their lips met in a kiss that’s filled with the promises they made; The promise for a better and happy future, as well as an everlasting love until the day they both become ashes. Obstacles will come as they move along another chapter of their lives…but they will never forget to return to their paradise, to their home, to the arms of the person holding their heart which is each other…

 

Hubby and Wifey

 

 

They pulled away with tender eyes and meaningful smile that says…

 

 

You’re the best part of my paradise

 

 

The End


Are you crying? Because I am :( Thank you so much for making LTTLR the best first story I have ever made...I hope you all felt the reminiscing moment at this chapter and especially, the touching promises in the end...the best part of my paradise, quite a nice quote to a lover don't you think? 

Once again thank you guys so much for reading and feeling this story with me! I hope the last chapter ended the story well and wait!

 

I have one more surprise to you...

 

I have posted my new story! Click on this link https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1459028/the-elzard for another adventure with you guys! Hope you enjoy the prologue of my new story and if you're asking what kind of story it is, click on the link and enjoy reading the first step of my new story! I love you all and once again, thank you for reading my first story!

 

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals, signing off