Finally

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’Glad you guys could make it!’’

The three girls turned around and smiled ‘’Unnie!’’ they greeted her.

‘’You look stunning Jichu’’ Chaeyoung smiled at her before briefly hugging her. Jisoo blushed a bit and cleared ‘’Thanks Chaeyoungie, you guys look stunning as well’’ Then she looked at Lisa ‘’What made you dress up like that Limario?’’

‘’I just felt like it’’ Lisa shrugged but a small knowing smile is prominent on her face

Jennie felt Jisoo’s eyes on her and nodded, signaling that they should start the plan. ‘’Hurry up though, I can’t distract Lisa for long’’ Jisoo whispered

‘’Thank you so much for this unnie’’ Jennie gave her gummy smile to Jisoo who chuckles ‘’I hate seeing you guys fighting. Now go before my family gets to see-‘’

‘’Chaeyoung!’’

‘’Chaeyoung…’’ Jisoo muttered a curse word before turning around, seeing Chaeyoung being hugged by the one and only birthday celebrant

‘’Unnie!’’ CHaeyoung squealed and she felt herself being twirled along with the woman’s giggles

‘’Wow! It has been a long time Chaeyoung! How are you?!’’ Jisoo’s sister, Kim Ji-yoon asked her excitedly

‘’Happy birthday to you too unnie’’ Chaeyoung chuckled nervously ‘’And uhm, can you put me down now?’’

Ji-yoon laughed but let her down anyway while thanking her for the greeting‘’I really missed your adorable cheeks’’ She exclaimed before pinching Chaeyoung’s cheek making Jisoo sighed

‘’I missed you too’’ Chaeyoung said awkwardly since her cheeks are being pinched.

‘’Let’s catch up!’’ Ji-yoon grinned before taking Chaeyoung’s hand while having a devious glint in her eyes. ‘’Now,’’ Ji-yoon looked at Jisoo who has a dreaded look on her face ‘’How are you and my little sister?’’

Chaeyoung blushed furiously at the sudden question and sputtered nonsense making Ji-yoon laughed as they walk away from the group

‘’….I’m really sorry you had to see that’’ Jisoo laughed awkwardly

Jennie and Lisa looked at Jisoo sharply ‘’What was that all about?’’ Jennie said with her poker face showing.

‘’Are you two back together?!’’ Lisa panicked in which Jennie’s gaze hardened at that

‘’No no!’’ Jisoo denied it quickly ‘’It’s just that…my family doesn’t know that me and Chaeyoungie already broke up’’ She said softly ‘’I don’t want them to worry too much about me that time’’

Their gaze softened ‘’We’re sorry for overreacting unnie’’

Jisoo smiled at them and shook her head ‘’Nah it’s okay. I better save Chaeyoung from the wrath of my family before she exploded in embarassment’’ She chuckled

‘’What do you mean you broke up a year ago?!’’ Ji-yoon’s voice was heard across the house

‘’And that’s my cue’’ Jisoo sighed ‘’Don’t get too lost in the house you guys. I’ll see you when I see you I guess’’

Both girls nodded as Jisoo went away to rescue Chaeyoung from her family’s wrath, specifically her sister


‘’But whyyyyy!?’’ Ji-yoon pouted at Chaeyoung who was laughing, a bit of nervousness in her voice ‘’You two look so happy and good together! I was totally ready to be your sister-in-law!’’

‘’Well, I really had to return to Australia since I have to continue my studies’’ Chaeyoung said shyly ‘’And also, my father’s work is done here at that time so we really didn’t have any reason to stay anymore…’’

Ji-yoon sighed before a thought crossed her mind ‘’So,’’ She smirked playfully ‘’Now that you’re here and probably permanently staying,’’

Chaeyoung looked at her questioningly ‘’Will you and my little sister get back together right now?’’ Ji-yoon said innocently

‘’Uhmmm…’’Chaeyoung couldn’t say anything

‘’Well?’’ Ji-yoon asked ‘’You do still love her right?’’

‘’Unnie!’’

Both girl looked behind them and saw Jisoo catching up to them

‘’Well speaking of the devil’’ Ji-yoon grinned ‘’Come here little sis, time to get back to the only girl you love’’She winked

Chaeyoung and especially Jisoo blushed ‘’Unnie stop it!’’ Jisoo exclaimed,her face red before grabbing Chaeyoung away from her sister ‘’We’ve already talked about this so stop interrogating Chaeyoungie here’’

‘’See Chaeyoung, my sister still loves you’’

‘’We have already moved on!’’ Jisoo quickly said

‘’Then why is your face red?’’

‘’Because you’re embarrassing me aish!’’

Ji-yoon laughed ‘’Because that’s my job’’ She teased

‘’How are you even my sister…’’ Jisoo mumbled. She felt a squeeze in her hand and Jisoo looked up to see Chaeyoung smiling at her to reassure her that it’s fine. Jisoo felt relief flooding to her system ‘’She’s not angry unlike last time with Jennie and Lisa….’’ Jisoo let out a small smile of appreciation

Ji-yoon looked between the two of them and sighed sadly ‘’Such a waste…’’ She looked at her sister who was smiling softly, an effect that only Chaeyoung can do to her little sister. Ji-yoon shook her head and walked closer to them ‘’Anyways, thanks for throwing the party for me sis’’ Ji-yoon grinned and hugged her sister briefly ‘’I really appreciate it’’

‘’Yeah yeah whatever’’ Jisoo mumbled but a small blush is evident on her face.

Ji-yoon looked at Chaeyoung who hugged Ji-yoon and whispered ‘’Happy birthday unnie, enjoy your day and we’re happy that we get to be a part of your special day.’’ Chaeyoung let go of the hug and smiled warmly to Jisoo’s sister

Ji-yoon smiled back just as warmly ‘’Thank you Chaeyoung. Now I got to entertain my others guests as well’’ She winked at Jisoo ‘’Take care of her sis’’

Jisoo rolled her eyes ‘’Stop that. Of course I’ll take care of Chaeyoungie’’ She said ‘’She’s a pabo’’

‘’Yah!’’ Chaeyoung pouted ‘’You’re so mean!’’

Ji-yoon laughed at the two and let them be, walking away with a wave.  Jisoo grabbed Chaeyoung and searched through the crowd, looking for a certain cat-eyed girl ‘’Geez, what am I even doing’’ Jisoo sighed internally, she’s doing this because she doesn’t want any fight between the four of them.

Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung who was looking at her confusingly ‘’Where are we going unnie?’’

Jisoo bit her lip ‘’…it’s been a while since Chaeyoung and I hung out together’’ The temptation to party a bit with the girl she’s dragging is strong but her walls are up.

‘’What am I thinking?’’ Jisoo murmured, She stopped walking making Chaeyoung also stop. Jisoo turned around to face the girl and asked ‘’Chaeyoungie,’’

‘’What is it Jichu?’’

‘’Is there something wrong between you and Jennie?’’


‘’Yah Jen where are you going!’’ Lisa called out to her seeing Jennie separating from her and looking around, as if looking for someone. Jennie tapped her foot impatiently ‘’Where are those two?’’ It’s been almost an hour since they disappeared ‘’They should have been here now…’’

‘’Yah, are you looking for Jisoo-unnie and chipmunk?’’

‘’Yeah, they have been gone for quite a while now.’’ Jennie said ‘’I can’t be stuck with you, I might go crazy’’ She teased

Lisa scoffed before posing ‘’Crazy in love’’ She winked

Jennie gagged ‘’Stop that Manoban…just what the heck did I see in you’’

‘’My perfect self.’’

Jennie looked at her with her face ‘’Perfect my ’’

‘’You don’t have an ’’

Jennie slapped Lisa by her arm ‘’You little!’’ The two were about to have a cat fight but another voice stopped them.

‘’There you are!’’

‘’Unnie!’’ Lisa exclaimed before going behind Jisoo ‘’A monster with no is about to attack me’’

Jisoo raised her eyebrows before telling her in a monotone voice ‘’Everyone has an Lisa.’’

Lisa pouted ‘’You never take my side…’’

‘’You’re our sweet maknae’’ Jisoo sweetly smiled at her and patted her head

‘’Stop treating me like a dog…’’

‘’By the way Lisa, can you come with me? I need help reaching for something’’ Jisoo said

‘’Aish as small as always’’ Lisa shook her head ‘’I should be the one patting you in the head’’

Jisoo stomped Lisa’s feet who yelped in pain ‘’Yah!’’

‘’Make that stupid long legs of yours useful’’ Jisoo said bluntly ‘’Tease me about my height and you might not feel your toes by the time you go home’’

Lisa grumbled and followed Jisoo, who made eye contact with Jennie and whispered ‘’She’s at the backyard, near the pool’’

Jennie nodded and sent a grateful smile to Jisoo

‘’Wait, why isn’t Jennie coming with us? And where’s chipmunk?’’

The unnie line just want to strangle the maknae right now but Jisoo quickly answered ‘’Because out of the four of us, she’s the shortest. And I couldn’t save Chaeyoungie with my family so…’’

Lisa blinked ''Actually unnie, Jennie's a bit taller than you'' Jisoo glared at her making Lisa clear in nervousness ‘’When will your family finished with chipmunk?’’

‘’Soon. Why are you asking?’’ Jisoo asked and saw Jennie walking away now without Lisa’s suspicion.

Lisa looked around and saw Jennie out of sight, ‘’Weird…’’ She shrugged and gave Jisoo an excited and knowing smile

‘’I just can’t wait to see chipmunk’’


Jennie is walking around the mansion Jisoo is living, she was trying to find Chaeyoung in this crowd of people so she grumbled ‘’One of the things I hate about having rich friends like Jisoo….’’

She could see the way to the backyard now and squeezed her way through the dancing crowd. She was almost out when a hand grabbed her arm

‘’Hey cutie’’ A blonde guy greeted with a charming smile ‘’Why go out? Come here and dance with the rest of us!’’

Jennie let out a disapproving frown ‘’No.’’ She said coldly

‘’Playing hard to get?’’ He grinned before leaning closer to the point that Jennie smelt his breath which reeks of alcohol ‘’I love hard to get girls like you’’

Jennie felt disgusted and was about to slap the living hell of the guy’s face when someone pulled her away from the guy.

‘’Excuse me but I don’t think she appreciates with you being so forceful’’ A soft but firm voice travelled to Jennie’s ear. Jennie felt her breath hitch, she always knows that voice so unique, and the arms encircling around her right now protecting her from the guy’s advances.

Jennie looked behind her and saw her savior ‘’Chaeyoung…’’

‘’Hey you’re a cutie too’’ He grinned ‘’I have a friend here...we can double date’’ He slurred

‘’You’re drunk mister’’ Chaeyoung said, her poker face is on but her voice sharp‘’I think you should rest’’

‘’No one tells me what to do!’’ He sneered before raising a hand. Chaeyoung and Jennie tensed and was about to take action but another man came between them.

‘’There you are! God your drunk just can’t stay still’’

Both girls watch as the man grabbed his hand and put it around his shoulder and sent a apologetic look to the girls ‘’Sorry about that…’’ Then he saw Chaeyoung and his face lit up in realization ‘’Chaeyoung!’’

‘’Oppa hey’’ Chaeyoung smiled softly at him and Jennie looked at her questioningly, Chaeyoung sensed it and whispered ‘’It’s Jisoo’s brother.’’

‘’Good evening oppa’’ Jennie greeted him

‘’Ah you must be Jendeukie that Jisoo talks about’’ He grinned

‘’That Jisoo…’’ Jennie grumbled but nodded

‘’Sorry if he bothered you, he’s just going through some breakup…I hope he didn’t offend the two of you’’ Jisoo’s brother apologized

‘’Nah it’s alright. He’s drunk so he doesn’t know what he’s doing’’ Chaeyoung said while Jennie nodded in agreement

Jisoo’s brother nodded and smile before noticing Chaeyoung’s arms around Jennie ‘’Chaeyoung…’’ He said seriously while Chaeyoung looked confused and nervous ‘’What is it oppa?’’

‘’Are you cheating on my little sister?!’’ He accused her, pointing at Chaeyoung’s arms.

‘’Oppa!’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed letting go of Jennie abruptly making the said girl stumble at the sudden action ‘’It’s not like that!’’

 He laughed and waved it off ‘’It’s a joke Chaeyoung, I know you’ll never break my sister’s heart’’ He winked ‘’But if ever both of you are over, I’m always available’’ He flirted

Chaeyoung blushed while Jennie scowled

‘’Well I better get going, let’s talk again sometimes Chaeyoung okay?’’ He grinned before walking away, dragging his drunk friend with him

Chaeyoung shook her head ‘’Jisoo must really not have told them yet…’’ She chuckled a bit but let it be, she doesn’t need to get angry at her since she understands after all. She looked at Jennie and saw her scowling ‘’Did that guy touch you inappropriately?’’ Chaeyoung asked worried

Jennie snapped out of her scowling and looked at Chaeyoung who was still staring at her worriedly, she suddenly felt shy ‘’Uh no…he didn’t’’

‘’I’m glad then’’ Chaeyoung smiled softly before offering a hand to Jennie ‘’let’s walk around the backyard then? There’s not much people around there…and it’s suffocating inside’’ She said sheepishly

Jennie smiled softly ‘’Sure...’’ She paused a bit before gaining courage ‘’my hubby’’ Jennie hoped Chaeyoung will not react negatively as she accepted the offer

Chaeyoung smiled ‘’Let’s go then’’ She grabbed Jennie’s hand tightly ‘’My wifey’’

Jennie for a long time finally let out a full blown gummy smile and hummed happily, letting Chaeyoung guide her. A comfortable silence between the two of them and one is just waiting for the other to speak up.

‘’So…’’ Chaeyoung started first ‘’How are you?’’

Jennie blinked and just decided to be honest ‘’I’ve…I was not feeling well these past few days..’’

Chaeyoung stopped walking making Jennie also stop. Chaeyoung turned around and faced Jennie, letting out a small smile of comfort

Jennie continued, looking at Chaeyoung’s eyes with all the sincere feelings she has inside of her ‘’I…I’m really sorry for starting a fight between the two of us…I know I went too much about my insults to Lisa and even being mean to you all of a sudden.’’ Jennie said ‘’I’m sorry for everything I’ve said, I’m sorry for getting jealous’’

‘’I really missed you hubby’’ Jennie’s voice started cracking up ‘’It was a stupid fight and it was my fault…It really hurt me when you began to be cold to me…I couldn’t approach you because of my pride and even the timing was bad…but now’’ Jennie gripped Chaeyoung’s hand tighter ‘’I’m here to make this right again…will you forgive me hubby?’’

Chaeyoung smiled warmly and softly pinched Jennie’s cheek ‘’How could I resist this cute wifey of mine?’’ She teased, her voice light and happy ‘’I missed you too…I’m sorry if I was cold and ignoring you…I regret doing that since I’ve hurt you’’ Chaeyoung said apologetically ‘’It was childish of me to ignore you instead of talking about it like adults.’’ She giggled ‘’I’m sorry too and I also hope you forgive me’’

Jennie couldn’t take it anymore and hugged Chaeyoung with all her might ‘’Am I forgiven now?’’ Jennie’s mouth was muffled by Chayeoung’s hair but Chaeyoung still understood it ‘’Yes you are’’

Jennie let go of the hug and looked at Chaeyoung in the eyes, her smile full of warmth ‘’I’m glad I got my hubby back…’’

Chaeyoung felt her breath stopped, looking at Jennie’s glowing face ‘’She literally took my breath away by just her beauty…’’

They just stared at each other, smiling as if they have all the time in the world now that they made up. Jennie could feel it, her feelings raging ‘’Take back what’s yours Jennie’’ She thought to herself and became determined

‘’Hubby…’’ Jennie called her

‘’Yes wifey?’’ Chaeyoung sweetly smiled at her which made Jennie’s heart flutter, she missed this.

Jennie took a deep breath and her eyes took on a more serious approach ‘’Ever since you came to my life, it has never been so brighter than before’’ She softly smiled when Chaeyoung blushed lightly ‘’We were like glued to each other, so happy, so full of joy, we always know what to say to each other, we’re just…’’ Jennie chuckled and her eyes twinkled as she said ‘’Perfect…’’

Chaeyoung was quiet ‘’Wifey what are yo-‘’ A finger was placed on her lips

‘’I don’t really need an answer right now’’ Jennie giggled a bit when she saw Chaeyoung’s confused expression ‘’So dense…’’ Jennie shook her head and said ‘’I just want you to know that,’’ She removed her finger and placed it to Chaeyoung’s heart, her other hand guiding Chaeyoung’s hand to her own heart

Jennie smiled again, she could see Chaeyoung focusing on the beat of her heart, which was quite fast ‘’And so does hers…’’

‘’Chaeyoung…my hubby’’ Jennie murmured enough for Chaeyoung to hear ‘’I really love yo-‘’

‘’There you are!’’

Both girls looked and coming towards them were Jisoo and Lisa, they quickly let go of each other as Jennie sighed in disappointment ‘’Oh well…’’ She looked at their conjoined hands making her grin ‘’At least we made up…’’

‘’Chipmunk!’’ Lisa exclaimed and quickly ran towards her ‘’I have something important to tell you!’’ She grinned.

‘’Hey Lisa’’ Chaeyoung laughed, her upcoming blush caused by Jennie slowly disappearing ‘’Is it really important?’’ She teased ‘’I’m a bit starving now…I haven’t ate since we went here’’

‘’It’s really really really really important!’’ Lisa said

‘’Jeez Lisa your voice could be heard all across Korea’’ Jennie rolled her eyes but a teasing smirk is evident on her face

‘’Shut up Jen jen!’’ Lisa glared at her and saw Jennie holding Chaeyoung’s hand rather tight, the sight making her mood go down a bit ‘’Did they made up?’’ Lisa knows that she shouldn’t feel a bit sad at that since she was supposed to be happy that her friends made up right?

Jisoo shook her head ‘’Just go and tell Chaeyoung what you’re suppose to say so that we could eat already’’

Lisa nodded and quickly took hold of Chaeyoung’s other hand ‘’Let’s go chipmunk’’

‘’Does it have to be private?’’ Jennie raised her eyebrows and felt something bad inside of her when Lisa sent a knowing smirk

‘’Yes.’’ Lisa said confidently

‘’I got a bad feeling about this…’’ Jennie shook the thought away and felt Chaeyoung’s hand slip away from hers, seeing that Lisa started dragging Chaeyoung away from them for like 10 meters

‘’So did you two finally made up?’’ Jisoo asked

Jennie grinned ‘’We did!’’ She exclaimed ‘’Thank you so much for distracting Lisa unnie’’ She said gratefully

Jisoo smiled ‘’No problem. I’m glad you guys made up.’’ She said ‘’A sulking Jendeukie is a no for my books.’’

‘’Shut it’’ Jennie laughed and looked at the talking maknae, she saw Chaeyoung listening intently to Lisa, who was fiddling her fingers, a sign that she’s nervous. ‘’So do you have an idea what Lisa is going to tell Chaeyoung?’’

Jisoo shook her head ‘’I tried making her tell me since she can’t seem to rest her hyper self but all she said was she’s just excited to tell Chaeyoung about something.’’ Jennie blinked and shrugged, she doesn’t want to overthink what Lisa’s going to say to her hubby ‘’What matters now is that we made up and I almost confessed to her’’  Jennie started making plans on how to confess soon before Lisa get to her first. ‘’Maybe later I’ll take her home after we drop Lisa off to her house…’’ Jennie nodded quietly at that plan.

Both girls were about to talk about something else until Lisa’s loud voice rang through their ears

‘’Go out with me!’’


Uhmm please don't hurt me guyss. School has been hell these past few months and we are not done yet :( But hey vacation is coming just around the corner! I'll make it up with you guys! So here's a chapter for you guys! Yeah it's not long enough but I hope it's enough to satisfy you at least :) Still not abandoning this fic of mine because I never leave things unfinished. So expect that we will get through this story until the end :) Hope you guys forgive after a long days of absence and I'll try to make some chapters from time to time :) 

P.S Get ready for some rollercoaster of emotions in a few more chapters