The Aftermath

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

Knock Knock Knock

 

Consistent and slightly desperate knockings were heard as Jisoo opened the door of her house…

 

And was met by a red-eyed Lisa which was obviously from crying and from how she desperately tried to silent her sobs, Jisoo could hear it even if she just answered the phone call earlier from the maknae.

 

Jisoo sighed, feeling a trickling dread that she knows what just happened. She opened her arms and immediately the broken-hearted girl launched herself to her unnie’s hug

‘’I d-didn’t’’ Lisa croaked out ‘’I…she…J-Jennie…’’

Jisoo closed her eyes and could feel tears pricking her eyes from how broken the younger girl sounded and the way she’s crying right now…

It’s so vulnerable that Jisoo isn’t sure if it’s really Lisa she’s hugging at this moment

‘’Shhh…’’

Jisoo shushed her and patted her hair, closing the door of her house and leading Lisa towards her room. She wants to make a joke that her room is becoming Lisa’s emotion center but she knows she needs to keep jokes out of the room right now, especially seeing how Lisa couldn’t really stop crying her hearts out.

After half an hour of Jisoo hugging Lisa while they sat on her bed, the latter finally stopped crying only letting out sniffles and small sobs

‘’Do you want some water?’’ Jisoo said gently

Lisa nodded and Jisoo could see her mind is off to space, seeing how she looks deep in her thoughts and the hurt being a permanent emotion in her eyes

‘’She must be reliving the moment…’’

Thank Jisoos the she already prepared water in her room when Lisa ended the call earlier. Her house is quite big and she’s getting a bit sick of going downstairs just to get water, for personal reasons or for situations like this.

Lisa drank the water rather slowly because she felt like she lost all her water in her body by just crying ever since she ran away from Chaeyoung’s house…and well running there to Jisoo’s house while crying really took a lot water out of her.

‘’Chaeyoung…’’

She stared at her hand, the hand that just slapped her now ex-girlfriend and still the current love of her life…

Lisa trembled as she now felt guilty for even physically hurting Chaeyoung. Tears already streaming down her cheeks

‘’It hurts so much…’’

It hurts remembering promising to Chaeyoung that she would never hurt her and it just happened...She just slapped the love of her life; But the pain she's feeling is even greater as she's once again reminded on why she even slapped Chaeyoung.

 

She couldn't believe that Chaeyoung would even cheat  on her! The girl is just too sweet and kind-hearted to even do that! 

 

''Is it because...'' Lisa dreaded ''She...her feeling for Jennie is...''

A soft hand wiped away her tears and her eyes looked up to see Jisoo looking at her with such a gentle look that it alleviates some of her pain away

‘’Unnie…’’

‘’Tell me when you’re ready’’ Jisoo whispered, still wiping away Lisa’s tears softly as if she’s a fragile glass

‘’I’ll be here’’

Lisa let out a small smile, really glad to have met this amazing girl in her life. She was never the one to make many friends, friends where you can tell each other secrets or open up about something. She only got the three…but with the two who broke her heart, she’s glad Jisoo is always there for her. Always reminding her what’s right and wrong, always there to give her advice and support, and always there to make sure Lisa is okay.

She’s really thankful and blessed to have this girl stay by her side despite how sometimes toxic she is.

And Lisa knows Jisoo deserves the truth as well

 

‘’Chaeyoung…cheated on me’’

 

Jisoo stiffened

 

‘’With?’’ She asked, but she already knows who is it

 

Lisa smiled bitterly, another tear escaping her eyes ‘’J-Jennie’’ She said brokenly before continuing ‘’I saw them kiss earlier when I went to Chaeyoung’s house to…’’

Lisa glanced down and gripped the ring box tightly wanting to throw the gift, reminding her what she witnessed earlier.

Jisoo looked sorry for the maknae but that’s the last thing Lisa needs. Lisa needs the truth and the comfort that she needs to not be depressed. She went there before and she sure as hell won’t let an important person in her life go in there too. She took a deep breath and decided to release a secret of her own

‘’I know.’’

Lisa snapped her head at Jisoo with eyes wide in shock

‘’What?!’’

Jisoo looked straight in Lisa’s betrayed eyes to show her she’s serious. It pains her to hide this information to the maknae but…

‘’Before you could strangle or leave me here, listen to my side first Lalisa’’

Lisa looked angry but she’s actually heeding her unnie’s order, especially since she called her by her full first name.

 

It meant that she was serious

 

‘’The day when you came to my house to see Jennie’s post about their…hang out at the amusement park, I made Chaeyoung come here the other day and confronted her about it’’ Jisoo explained and Lisa listened attentively even though the surprise and hurt is obvious in her face

‘’She denied it and said nothing is going on’’ Jisoo wants to laugh and cry because she felt hurt that the chipmunk girl is withdrawing away from her. She can't believe that the chipmunk girl didn't open up to her about what happened between her and Jennie...but she kind of expected it because knowing the younger girl, she must have been scared of them leaving her...

Jisoo knows her that well, and it really hurts that Chaeyoung didn't tell her all about it...

‘’This must be what Chaeyoung felt when I ignored her before…’’

‘’Then I went to Jennie’s house’’ Jisoo whispered ‘’I can’t shake off this bad feeling and…’’

Jisoo took a deep breath ‘’Jennie admitted that she’s still in love with Chaeyoung…very much that well’’ She trembled a bit feeling conflicted as she suddenly remembered what Jennie said

‘’You weren’t there for me’’

Jisoo took a shaky breath ‘’Look Lisa…I really can’t say much because it’s better for you to hear it from their mouths…’’

‘’Then why did you say all of this to me if you’re not going to tell me all about it?’’

Jisoo bit her lips ‘’Because you deserve the truth. I don’t want you thinking I’m hiding something from you, especially now that you’re hurt…’’ She said

‘’Besides, they’re also our best friends. I really don’t want the four of us to fall apart…’’ Jisoo looked pleadingly to Lisa’s eyes ‘’Look I’m sorry if I kept it from you but please you have to understand that I’m doing my best for the four of us’’

‘’Unnie…’’

Lisa hugged Jisoo seeing the older girl really close to crying. Jisoo hugged back tightly and felt relieved that the maknae understand

She released the hug and smiled softly at Lisa ‘’You’ve really matured so much Lisa…’’

‘’And I’m supposed to be comforted here you know?’’

Jisoo chuckled ‘’Sorry, I just felt like I couldn’t hide that part of information you know?’’

Lisa chuckled as well before plopping down Jisoo’s bed and staring at the ceiling

‘’How are you feeling?’’

Jisoo laid down beside her, the two of them just relishing this peace and quiet despite Lisa’s sniffs from crying too much

 

‘’I feel…’’ Lisa took a deep breath ‘’really hurt…angry even’’

 

‘’How could Chaeyoung do this to me? How could Jennie do this to me? How could they do this to me…’’

 

‘’I know I have some bad things on my own, but at least I realized my mistakes and I kept on understanding things between us’’ Lisa explained

 

‘’I trusted them. I believed in them’’ She croaked out

 

‘’You know when I walked in on them earlier? I felt like they stomped on my entire heart’’ Lisa chuckled bitterly, putting a hand to her own heart clenching it ‘’I watched how they held each other…how beautiful and romantic Jennie transformed Chaeyoung’s room…how they look at each other with so much’’

Lisa bit her lips ‘’love…’’

‘’Lisa…’’

‘’I know it’s love because that’s how I look at Chaeyoung all the time’’ Lisa smiled sadly ‘’And that’s how Chaeyoung looked at me before…even for a small brief amount of time’’

Jisoo looked at her confusingly ‘’What do you mean?’’

Lisa sighed and continued in a quiet voice ‘’It was that moment that I realized, I was never really capable of beating Jennie Kim, my love rival’’ Jisoo took this moment to grab Lisa’s hand since she’s clenching it so hard that Jisoo is worried that she might draw blood. She soothed the maknae by rubbing her thumb to the maknae’s hand.

It seems to do the trick as Lisa visibly unclench her fist but continued talking ‘’I knew…God I knew many months ago that Jennie is getting really closer to her. I knew I have to step up my game…’’

‘’But no matter how much I try, there’s always this look of Chaeyoung from the beginning that almost made me lose hope of pursuing her…’’ Lisa let out another tear ‘’Now that I think about it, every time those two fight or Jennie is busy, it’s only then Chaeyoung finally notice my advances to her.’’

‘’I took my chance; got her to smile and laugh, I got to kiss her from her cheeks and pecks to the lips, being clingy to her, make her blush, and more.…’’

‘’But in the end, there’s this special smile that I seldomly see from Chaeyoung…’’ Lisa looked at Jisoo and Jisoo felt how broken the smile of the youngest is, her mind flashing at that moment in the airport when Jennie immediately defender her from a clumsy guy and Chaeyoung gazed at her with that special emotion...

 

How her eyes lingered at Jennie when they were eating ice cream talking about Chaeyoung and Jisoo's past

 

How Chaeyoung gazed at Jennie while dancing and gaining more confidence

 

How Chaeyoung's eyes lingered longer at Jennie as she sung for the singing club

 

How excited Chaeyoung was when Jennie became her partner for a project

 

How awestruck she was at Jennie when they went to Jisoo's house for her sister's birthday

 

Lisa could never count the number of times she caught all of that as she whispered

‘’And it’s only directed to my love rival…’’

‘’So that means…’’ Jisoo whispered

‘’Yes unnie…’’ Lisa smiled sadly ‘’I think…Chaeyoung fell in love with Jennie maybe earlier before I ask her to be my girlfriend’’

‘’Then why did you continue your pursue to her?’’

‘’Because I love her’’ Lisa chuckled ‘’And I’m so happy that she said yes when I asked her…so damn happy like I thought it was a miracle that Chaeyoung answered to me’’

Lisa put her arm at her eyes, hopeful that maybe it will stop the incoming water drops from her eyes ‘’God it’s so stupid…and so dumb ironic that maybe it’s also the reason why Jennie is still pursuing her besides me and Chaeyoung already having a label’’

‘’We’re both stupidly in love to one person…but there’s only one that Chaeyoung can love’’ Lisa’s mind flash to Chaeyoung’s sweet kiss to Jennie earlier…

‘’And…it’s not me’’ She gripped the ring box tightly

 

 ‘’It’s not me…’’ Lisa croaked out

 

‘’This must be what Jennie felt right?’’ Lisa spoke softly ‘’When she saw me and Chaeyoung kiss in front of everyone…when she saw you helping me out…’’

Jisoo slightly flinched at that, she could still feel the guilt from that and the way Jennie looked at her that day

‘’So broken…’’ Jisoo thought and saw the resemblance on Lisa's face right now ‘’Like Lisa is right now…’’

‘’Maybe this is karma’’ Lisa said ‘’For you know…all my bad doings and don’t forget to mention how much of a jealous and possessive wreck I was before…for almost ruining our friendship because I want Chaeyoung for myself only...’’

‘’Lisa, listen to me’’ Jisoo said firmly and tilting Lisa’s head to face her ‘’You’ve made mistakes. Jennie made mistakes. Chaeyoung made mistakes. Heck even I made mistakes’’

‘’It’s normal to get hurt, especially in love. You love her Lisa that’s why you’re hurting so much right now anyway’’ Jisoo smiled ‘’But you did your best okay? You don’t have to keep on fighting and get hurt even more…’’

‘’But Jennie…’’ Lisa spoke out vulnerably ‘’Jennie kept on fighting and getting more hurt despite us being in a relationship…’’

‘’You of all people should know your feelings Lisa. Your feelings and Jennie's feelings are different and both of you have different ways of showing it.’’ Jisoo then chuckled ‘’You're both the same but so different actually...and after some time thinking over our argument, while I can’t say I experience that kind of love before, I saw the determination and patience in Jennie's eyes.’’ Jisoo look at her and smiled reassuringly at her

‘’And I saw that determination and patience in you too’’

‘’We’re only humans Lalisa, we’re not perfect. As I’ve said we made mistakes and learned from them’’ She said softly as Jisoo continued

 

‘’It’s up to you now. Whether to keep this relationship of yours or…let it go’’

 

‘’But…’’ Lisa said softly ‘’I don’t know…I feel like I should talk to Chaeyoung before I decide’’

Lisa looked at her hands and clenched it tightly ‘’I don’t know how I could talk to Chaeyoung after I…slapped her’’

Jisoo smiled softly and pat Lisa’s head, sending her silent communication of encouragements as Lisa looked at her hopefully and at lost

‘’It’s your decision now Lisa.’’


‘’Jennie? Kiddo?’’

Jennie ignored her father’s call and hugged her dumpling plushie that Chaeyoung gave to her, the plushie that’s been catching her fallen tears from night to dawn until she finally fell asleep from fatigue.

Her hand brushes her lips, remembering how soft and loving Chaeyoung kissed her last night as if…she was about to say something really important by just staring at her eyes until well

‘’Lisa…’’

God Jennie still feels horrible seeing the broken-hearted look of her best friend…if she could even still call her that. Jennie chuckled sadly, she’s probably all alone now. The three most important people besides her family, now wants nothing to do with her

 

‘’All because of loving one person…’’

 

Is she really that desperate to love Chaeyoung? To make the chipmunk girl hers? Is she really in that deep of the end?

 

‘’Maybe it’s time I should just give up…’’ Jennie whispered ‘’I should have given up ever since they became together anyways…’’  A tear escaped her eyes ‘’I should have never taken the chance…’’

 

‘’And waste the chance to see you in your happiest form? I don’t think so kiddo’’

 

Jennie sighed ‘’Dad I just want to be alone…have you ever heard the purpose of a door?’’

Mr. Kim chuckled and ruffled Jennie’s already messed up hair ‘’Still as savage as ever even if you’re looking like a baby crying’’

‘’If you’re here to make me feel better, it’s really not working’’ Jennie huffed

‘’Honey, I understand if you want to be alone but it’s not going to help you move on’’

Jennie closed her eyes and muttered ‘’The question is if I’m even willing to move on…’’

‘’My memories with Chaeyoung since the start of our year has been a rollercoaster ride; I felt the happiest, the saddest, most jealous, depressive…’’

Jennie glanced at her father and took a deep breath to finally say the truth to her father who is listening at her intently ‘’Chaeyoung told me to go away last night…after Lisa caught us kissing’’

Mr. Kim at this point is fixing his daughter’s hair as she talks, the action unknowingly making Jennie relax at the comfort of her dad

‘’It felt like everything crashed last night. I almost lost everything’’ Jennie felt tears once again ‘’ I lost my friendship with them…and at the same time, I lost my…’’

‘’I lost her dad…I lost Chaeyoung’’

Mr. Kim made Jennie sit up to hug her tenderly, like a father hugged his crying daughter when she was a baby.

‘’Everything will be alright kiddo, just remember’’ Mr. Kim let go of the hug to grin at his daughter ‘’You always have your scary mom and awesome dad with you all the way’’

Jennie chuckled, feeling a bit of the weight releasing ‘’I do…I’m so glad to have you guys’’

‘’I would probably still want Chaeyoung as my daughter-in-law you know?’’

‘’Dad!’’

Mr. Kim laughed as Jennie glared at him with a blush on her face ‘’What? She promised us that after she graduated from college that she’ll take us to another country. Can’t deny that free plane ticket’’

Jennie groaned and plopped down to her bed to face away from her dad ‘’Go away please’’

Mr. Kim chuckled snickered ‘’Sure kiddo. I’ll leave you alone but remember’’

He put his hand at Jennie’s head ‘’We will always support your decision no matter what…as long as it makes you happy’’

With that, he left the room and closed the door

‘’At least this time he closed the door’’ Jennie grumbled but with a small smile, closing her eyes to catch some sleep

Knock Knock Knock

Jennie groaned ‘’Dad please! I’m trying to catch some sleep.’’

She heard the door open up quite slowly and Jennie closed her eyes to keep on sleeping

‘’Jendeukie’’

Her eyes flew open and she shot up from her bed, turning around and seeing one of the last people that she will probably see

 

‘’Jisoo…’’

 

Jisoo smiled sadly ‘’Hey’’

 

Jennie blinked before saying tiredly ‘’Came here to rant me what I did last night was unspeakable? Horrible? Not a best friend thing to do?’’

Jennie returned to laying down on her bad, her back facing Jisoo as she said angrily ‘’Cause if so, just get out of my room. I’ve already dealt too much’’

But Jisoo didn’t say anything, she just looked at her and suddenly

‘’Oomph’’

Jennie is stunned to feel Jisoo tackle her to a hug, it’s so tight that Jennie could feel her breath losing a bit, but she can’t deny the fact that it felt good to get a hug from her best friend

So she hugged her back just as tight, the two Kims unknowingly fixing their broken friendship in just a simple hug.

‘’Why?’’ Jennie whispered

‘’I’m sorry…’’

Jennie furrowed her eyebrows ‘’Why?’’ She repeated

‘’You’re right, well we’re both right’’ Jennie chuckled at that, despite them not having to talk things through yet, Jisoo can still find a way to make her laugh at the simplest things.

‘’You’re right…that I wasn’t there for you’’ Jisoo smiled sadly ‘’I wasn’t able to listen to your side, ask why you did what you did, or even understand all of it.’’

‘’I’m a horrible best friend from that and I only listened to Lisa’s side since the start of all this’’ Jisoo said ‘’Even from before, I always keep on telling you to give up on Chaeyoung…I guess I’m just scared to see you get hurt over and over again’’

‘’Because when you’re hurt, or even one of you gets hurt?’’ Jisoo gripped Jennie’s shoulders tightly ‘’I also get hurt…’’ She whispered in pain

Jennie is in shock, not expecting this at all

‘’Jisoo-unnie…’’

Jisoo felt a smile creeping up her lips hearing Jennie call her unnie again ‘’And now I’m here Jendeukie’’ She whispered softly

‘’I’m really here to listen to your side of the story’’ Jisoo said ‘’The right way’’

Jennie smiled back and wiped away her tears making Jisoo laugh a bit

‘’You’re always such a crybaby’’ Jisoo ‘’Almost like Chaeyoung’’

Jennie tensed up but still giggle a bit ‘’Well yeah, she really took a hold of me.’’

Jisoo just smiled and gestured her to go on

Jennie told her everything, from the day Lisa made Chaeyoung her girlfriend, up to her latest grand surprise last night

‘’All I ever did is because I love her unnie’’ Jennie sighed ‘’And when Chaeyoung admitted to me that she has strong feelings from me…even from before Lisa became her girlfriend’’

Jennie smiled happily remembering that moment ‘’I felt that rushed hope, I felt the courage to keep on fighting, to wait for her’’

‘’You mean to tell me that you’re waiting for Chaeyoung to tell Lisa?’’

Jennie nodded slowly, looking a bit confused seeing Jisoo shaking a bit 

 

What she didn’t know that Jisoo is shaking from guilt

 

‘’Oh God and all I did days ago is yell at her and blame her for everything…when all this time she’s just waiting for Chaeyoung to tell Lisa herself…’’

 

‘’Oh God Jennie…I’m so sorry’’ Jisoo trembled ‘’I’m really sorry that I thought you’re ruining their relationship but all this time…’’

Jennie shook her head ‘’I told you, I’m not ruining their relationship. I did it all with Chaeyoung’s consent. I kissed her that Christmas with consent. I told her to when is she going to tell Lisa but not much because I don’t want to pressure her…so I waited, and waited’’

‘’All I’ve been showing her the past month is that to let her know that I’m still here waiting for her…especially last night since it’s her birthday and well’’ Jennie hesitated ‘’I didn’t expect to have Lisa…see us like that, finding out in the most horrible way…’’

Jisoo hugged Jennie ‘’Everything will be fine Jendeukie…’’

‘’How Jisoo?’’ Jennie said bitterly ‘’Chaeyoung just said last night to me to go away’’

Jisoo looked outside and saw that it’s already night, it took hours for Jennie to recall everything as she listened intently, not missing another detail…

 

And she still has another destination to go before going home.

 

‘’Chaeyoung is a kind person Jendeukie’’ Jisoo soothed her ‘’She probably didn’t mean it that way…for now I think you should let Chaeyoung come to you instead of you coming to her’’

‘’What?’’ Jennie asked, a bit confused ‘’What do you mean by that?’’

‘’Jennie…’’ Jisoo sighed ‘’All this time you’ve been the one whose sacrificing your heart. You’ve gone through so much pain and sadness that even I don’t know how you put up with that’’

‘’I know you love her, but this time, let your heart rest and maybe wait things to unfold before you. You’ve already show her how much you love her…and if Chaeyoung really loves you’’

Jisoo looked at her in the eyes

‘’She’ll come to you’’

Jennie thought about it ‘’She’s…right. And if she didn’t come to me’’ Jennie smiled sadly

 

‘’I’ll finally let her go’’

 

Jisoo gave Jennie a final hug ‘’I’ll see you tomorrow at school okay? Focus on yourself for now and let time flow. It might be awkward tomorrow but everything will be fine’’

Jisoo released the hug and smiled brightly that made Jennie smile back at her in gratefulness at her pep talk.

‘’I believe in the four of us’’


‘’Chaeyoung please you have to eat’’

Chaeyoung ignored her mother’s pleas as she locked herself in her bedroom since last night. She just changed her clothes due to it being wet from tears and well her runny nose

‘’Please mom, I need to be alone…’’

Mrs. Park sighed worriedly, she thought all will be well last night but after waking up in some kind of commotion last night; The last thing she saw is Chaeyoung walking like zombie towards her room and closing it, locking it as well.

And since then, she never saw her daughter all day.

‘’This is worse than in Australia…at least she was eating that time but now…’’ Mrs. Park thought sadly

‘’Please dear, let me be there for you…I’ll listen to you’’ Mrs. Par sat down in front of her daughter’s door ‘’Even in closed doors. Just please, open up to me. I love you’’

‘’How could you love a daughter who cheats on a relationship?’’

Mrs. Park blinked and sighed inwardly, she should have known Lisa would find out this way…She felt guilty for letting it go this far, Mrs. Park thought Chaeyoung would come to tell Lisa the truth but looks like it was too late. She has an inkling feeling that Chaeyoung would be too afraid to tell Lisa the truth, and that inkling feeling was actually right.

‘’I would always love you dear’’ Mrs. Park said in a kind tone ‘’I’m here to guide and teach you from your mistakes, as well as give you advice so that you could avoid being…like this’’

Silence consumed both mother and daughter until finally Chaeyoung cleared and talked quietly but enough for Mrs. Park to hear her

‘’…I’ll talk but I really don’t want you to see me like this’’

Mrs. Park smiled ‘’That’s okay dear, the floor is quite comfortable anyways’’ She heard her daughter giggle a bit that made her feel relief that she could still make her daughter smile.

‘’I’m really confused mom…’’ Chaeyoung sat at the other side of the door, leaning her forehead to the rough wood surface ‘’It killed me seeing Lisa’s eyes full of pain and betrayal…not to mention Jennie saying that she’ll go away from my life because I…’’  Chaeyoung bit her lips while blinking the tears away

‘’I know it’s my fault for not telling Lisa sooner’’ Chaeyoung laughed bitterly ‘’ But looking and hanging out with her, smiling and laughing, it’s like I couldn’t bear to just lay out the truth. Time flew fast and here I am, a year older but feeling like a after everything she did to make me feel happy and loved…’’

Mrs. Park didn’t mind the term seeing how emotional Chaeyoung is, for now she’ll let it slide ‘’I knew you were scared dear, you weren’t waiting for the right time.'' Chaeyoung's breath hitched, as if her mother worked inside her mind and heart for the whole time

''You’re scared that you’ll lose the safety that Lisa gives you. That warm love she emits and that innocence that you just can’t destroy’’ She knew Chaeyoung is listening intently ‘’Lisa became too much important to you dear…but maybe not in the way you know’’

‘’What do you mean mom?’’

‘’I could practically say the two of you are soulmates. She really gets you; You’re sometimes surprised to see her whenever you’re feeling down, or that she feels she has this responsibility to make sure you're safe and happy with her and you're the same with her that's why you couldn't tell her the truth; You're scared to lose that feeling of connection with her. The two of you have an unconditional love and deep understanding to each other despite how short of the time you two were together.’’

‘’But isn’t that more reason to be with her?’’

Mrs. Park chuckled

‘’Oh dear, not all soulmates have to end up together. They’re just there for you, he/she is that one person who’ll always stay in your life whatever the circumstances are. You felt that connection from Lisa that’s why you answered to her right?’’

Chaeyoung nodded but Mrs. Park can feel that she did it despite the door blocking them

‘’A soulmate is like a best friend but more Chaeyoung’’ Mrs. Park smiled ‘’ You make each other better and you inspire one another.’’

Mrs. Park continued ‘’A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are.’’

‘’Chaeyoung dear, Lisa has been nothing but honest and loving to you.’’ She whispered softly ‘’You have to do your part as her soulmate also’’

‘’My part?’’ Chaeyoung asked quietly

‘’Be honest to her.’’

Chaeyoung felt her breathing stopped

’Be honest to her…’’

‘’I know you’re in love with Jennie anyways…from way before you know? When you guys were about to go in your morning jog, there’s this unmistakable look in your face.’’ Mrs. Park smiled in nostalgia

‘’It’s how I look to your father’’

She could hear Chaeyoung’s breath hitch

‘’Don’t be afraid anymore Chaeyoung; I know your first relationship with Jisoo really affected you and we couldn’t even reach out to you that time…but I’m not going to just stand by and watch you like this anymore. Take what you want Chaeyoung, it’s time to not be afraid my daughter’’

‘’Mom…’’

Mrs. Park suddenly looked at someone whose coming up to them and almost smiled knowingly ‘’Now can you please open the door so we could eat dinner now?’’

Chaeyoung sighed and smiled, feeling the fear in her heart melting away because of her mother ‘’I’ll be there. I’ll just fix myself up’’

‘’Perfect…’’ Mrs. Park chuckled quietly and glanced at the small grin of the girl in front of her ‘’Be there for her’’ She mouthed before going away

Chaeyoung the lights and grimace a bit, looking around and still not cleaning up Jennie’s surprise to her. She stood there, remembering each and every moment last night.

Now she could hear her stomach growling because of not eating since last night. ‘’I’ll clean up later…’’ Chaeyoung looked around once again as if memorizing everything before fixing herself a bit.

She walked towards her door and opened it, and stood there in shock seeing a familiar face in front of her

 

‘’J-Jisoo-unnie?’’

 

‘’Chaeng…’’

 

Jisoo hugged Chaeyoung tightly, the younger is just in total shock before slowly hugging the older girl back

‘’Happy belated birthday pasta…’’ Jisoo whispered that made Chaeyoung tear up and cry like the baby Jisoo knows she is.

She almost forgot that Jisoo didn’t even greet her last night…but she’s really making it up to it right now judging from how tight the hug is and the slight wetness in her shoulders

Jisoo pulled back and wiped away her stray tears, looking behind her and seeing Jennie’s efforts. Jisoo’s heart felt guilty again from accusing Jennie for ruining a relationship

‘’She really went all out huh’’

Chaeyoung looked at the floor ‘’You knew huh’’ She chuckled sadly ‘’Should have known Lisa came to you after last night…after what we did to hurt her’’

‘’Yeah…the both of you really did a number on her heart’’

Chaeyoung flinched ‘’I…I don’t even know if she wants to talk to me right now’’

‘’I’m not here to yell at you for not telling me the truth’’ Jisoo said calmly, looking at the fidgeting girl in front of her still staring at the interesting floor

‘’Look at me Chaeng’’

Chaeyoung bit her lip in nervousness, not wanting to see the disappointment in Jisoo’s eyes but her mother’s words rang in her mind

 

‘’Be brave’’

 

Chaeyoung knew her mother is right that it's time to be brave...and she's start by telling Jisoo her side of the story. Chaeyoung took a deep breath, slowly looked up and was blown away seeing the sheer kindness and understanding in Jisoo’s eyes as well as her knowing smile

 

‘’Tell me everything’’

 

And Chaeyoung told her everything.

 

Her own side.

 

 Her feelings.

 

Her thoughts.

 

Her actions.

 

Everything.

 

Maybe it’s because from the way Jisoo listened to her intently while holding her hand for reassurance helped her become more brave

Or maybe it’s that she really needs someone to hear all her thoughts out besides her own mother. Everything that she was supposed to tell her mother about her decision later, is now going to the older girl who has been a part of her life more than ever.

‘’I have already made a decision for almost a month now’’ Chaeyoung sighed

‘’And that is?’’ Jisoo spoke out softly to her

‘’I’ve…’’ Chaeyoung smiled and looked at her room before looking at Jisoo with a determined look

 

‘’I’ve chosen Jennie’’

 

Jisoo smiled and grabbed Chaeyoung’s shoulder ‘’I’m here for you…I’m always here for you guys and with you looking at me like that?’’ She chuckled ‘’I know you’re a hundred percent sure of your decision…and I won’t stop you’’

‘’It’s very brave of you, you know?’’ Jisoo whispered and looked at her with rising respect ‘’I have never seen you like this right now…as of this very moment. Maybe that talk with your mother really helped you’’ She joked

‘’It did very much’’ Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’Made me realize more of my faults but…I’m going to fix it soon’’

‘’I was going to give you that pep talk but looks like Mrs. Park beat me to it’’ Jisoo smiled jokingly

Chaeyoung laughed and it warmed Jisoo’s heart to hear it once more. They both giggled and caught up to one another since they have been ignoring each other’s presence since their last fight

‘’Did…’’ Chaeyoung hesitated a bit for speaking up some more ‘’Lisa told you she wants nothing to do with me?’’

Jisoo smiled knowingly ‘’Don’t worry, she’s hurt but not that stupid’’ She joked

‘’Yah don’t bully her like that!’’

Jisoo grinned before softening it up ‘’ Try reaching out to her. After all, you shouldn’t expect her to make the first move anymore’’

Chaeyoung reached to her phone and opened it, seeing her and Lisa’s face ‘’Yeah…I’ll definitely reach out to her. I can’t let this mistake take away my soulmate’’

‘’Soulmate?’’ Jisoo raised her eyebrows

‘’Lisa’s maybe my soulmate’’ Chaeyoung smiled gently remembering all their moments ‘’But…’’ A more dazzling smile entered her face

 

‘’Jennie’s my one true love’’

 

‘’Wow…this must be real love that I’m seeing from her and Jennie’’ Jisoo thought and almost wondered to herself if she could find someone to have this kind of love.

After sending a quick text to Lisa, consisting of an apology and requesting to talk, she asked ‘’Do you want to eat dinner with us unnie?’’

Jisoo shook her head ‘’Nah, my brother and sister suddenly came home earlier so I have a complete family dinner’’

Chaeyoung nodded and hugged Jisoo tightly ‘’Thank you so much for being here for me unnie…I really appreciate it’’

Jisoo hugged back ‘’Anytime pasta’’

Chaeyoung pulled away to pout ‘’I told you to not call me that’’

Jisoo laughed

‘’Never!’’


With comforting and parting words, Jisoo left leaving behind a smiling Chaeyoung who is walking up to the sign ‘Happy Birthday Hubby!’

 

She touched the ‘hubby’ letters fondly ‘’All this time you’re the one whose been keeping the pain to yourself…enduring it and breaking yourself but still’’ Chaeyoung remembered the magical moment when Jennie sang to her, it felt like they were only the two people in the world

 

‘’You suffered and took risks with me…you’re so brave my wifey’’ Chaeyoung whispered

 

‘’Now…it’s my turn to be brave’’

 

A ping was heard from her phone and the notification almost wants her to drop her phone in shock and make her hearts beats faster in this unexpected sign

Lisa: Meet me tomorrow after class. Then we’ll talk, and make sure to tell me everything.


So I'm sorry if it felt rushed but you guys should have seen the signs from the earlier chapters regarding Chaeyoung's feelings ;) I was supposed to cut this to 3 chapters you know? But I felt that it wasn't right especially since I want to show you all Jisoo's role in this story. She has been a significant support for the three girls and I want to show that in this chapter plus Mrs. Park and Mr. Kim as the supporting character because why not? A parent's love is important especially to Jennie's part since she can't talk to anyone...same with Chaeyoung's. I hope this chapter taught you all a lesson about the people around you, to always be thankful that they are there for you in your lowest moment...I hope you all have a Kim Jisoo in your life just like in this chapter! I'll meet you again in the next chapter! I love you guys and once again, thank you for all the love and support to my first ever story of Blackpink!