Bond

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’ My name is Roseanne Park but my Korean name is Park Chaeyoung. I hope we can all be good friends!’’ The transferee student now called Park Chaeyoung introduced herself with a shy smile.

‘’Chaeyoung…It has a nice ring to it.’’ Jennie and Lisa thought, thoughts filled with admiration and curiosity. Her voice…it’s definitely different but it’s a good different! Her voice was just soothing, sweet and soft but at the same time, unique and powerful.

The teacher nodded in satisfaction ‘’You can sit next to Jisoo as it is the only available chair here.’’ She instructed to Chaeyoung whose eyes brightened at the mention of a familiar name to her. Her eyes went searching for Jisoo who raised her hand with a small grin. ‘I’m here you dork’ Jisoo mouthed to her with an amused eyebrow. Chaeyoung quietly giggled and bowed slightly at the teacher while thanking her. The black haired girl quickly went to the seat beside Jisoo, passing by Lisa and Jennie who followed her every movement.

‘’Even the way she smells is addicting…’’ Lisa sighed dreamily, watching the new transferee high-fived Jisoo while giggling as she sat down. The cute sound making her swoon and stopped herself as she realized it ‘’I haven’t even met her officially and I’m acting so whipped.’’

‘’Unnie! Oh My God I missed you so much’’ Chaeyoung quietly exclaimed as the teacher started getting the class going. ‘’I thought I wasn’t going to see you today…’’

Jisoo rolled her eyes ‘’Don’t be like that Chaeng. We didn’t meet earlier because your mom called right?’’

Chaeyoung irked a bit ‘’She really worries for me sorry about that’’ Jisoo shook her head ‘’It’s alright, you are still her baby princess after all’’ She teased making Chaeyoung pout ‘’Unnie! Stop that! Jeez so early in the morning and you’re already teasing me…’’

Jennie looked at the interactions between the two and couldn’t stop her heart beating fast when Chaeyoung pouted ‘’That’s too damn cute…’’ She could tell that she and Jisoo are really close friends and she was certainly hoping they will all get along. ‘’Still, I wanna lay off from relationships for awhile…’’ Jennie took another glance and saw that both of them stopped talking and started to give their attention to their teacher. She took this chance to quietly observe and admire her since she is literally in front of her, but all she could see is her backside.

‘’Hm?’’ Chaeyoung hummed, she felt that she is being watched so she took a look behind her to see two cat-like eyes staring at her. She didn’t know if she should feel comfortable or not but she let out a small smile out of politeness and returned to listening to the teacher with one questioning thought ‘’Weird…why is she staring at me so intently?’’

Jennie’s heart literally stopped and she panicked a bit when Chaeyoung turned around and they had a bit of eye contact. But the real reason why her heart literally stopped was because of the small smile Chaeyoung gave to her. She didn’t know why she smiled but she gladly accepted it. ‘’Damn this is gonna be hard for me…’’

Lisa wasn’t really interested at the teacher’s lesson, she always have Jisoo and Jennie to explain for her so she can always get help, so she focused all her attention to the new student, and of course she noticed how she turned around and gave Jennie a small smile. Lisa blinked and diverted her attention to Jennie who looked like she froze but quickly returned to normal. ‘’Weird…’’ She tilted her head in confusion at her best friend’s action but quickly put her attention back to Chaeyoung. She also saw her short interaction with Jisoo and sincerely hope she can be close like that ‘’After all, it is okay to widen my circle of friends, and I’m sure she will probably hang out with us since she is pretty close with Jisoo-unnie.’’ With an excited smile, she decided to pay attention to the teacher to quickly pass time. She can’t wait for break time.


It was finally break time and Lisa stretched ‘’Finally! I thought that will never end’’ She complained. It felt like three hours have passed when it was really just an hour. ‘’Seriously Lisa?’’ Jennie rolled her eyes and shook her head, typical Lisa.

‘’Can’t blame me Jen’’ Lisa winked at her and finally stood up from her chair and turned her attention towards Chaeyoung. This is it, they can now officially meet her. Lisa’s giddy smile turned to Jisoo who also stood up to once again talk to the newly transferred student.

‘’Hey Chaeng, why don’t you hang out with me and my friends? I’m sure you’ll get along with them just fine’’ Jisoo said ‘’After all, I did say that you won’t be going out here with no friends right?’’

‘’You’re already my friend unnie so technically I am going to go home with a friend.’’ Chaeyoung . ‘’Yah! How dare you!’’ Jisoo huffed ‘’Here I am giving color to your social life and you’re denying it!’’

‘’I’m not denying it unnie’’

‘’Well that’s how I received it based on what you said.’’

‘’Oh unnie don’t assume the worst, I’m not that bad’’

‘’Actually Chaeng you are.’’

Chaeyoung and Jisoo looked at each other before bursting in laughter. ‘’I didn’t know that Jisoo is really close with her just as she is close with us.’’ Jennie thought in surprise, after all the three of them have been together for quite some time now to earn the closeness they have to each other right now.

‘’I really did miss you Chaeng…’’ Jisoo said softly. Chaeyoung smiled and stood up to hug Jisoo ‘’The feelings mutual Jichu…’’ Jennie and Lisa felt a bit awkward as the hug lasted longer than they thought so Jennie cleared , effectively breaking them apart ‘’Kindly introduce your girlfriend to us unnie?’’ Jennie raised her eyebrows amusingly, knowing that Jisoo will deny it so she doesn’t have to worry. Chaeyoung blushed a bit and let go of Jisoo with a shy face. ‘’She’s my best friend Jendeukie’’ Jisoo rolled her eyes and playfully glared at her.

‘’Anyways, Chaeyoung, meet Jennie and Lisa. They’ve been with me ever since I transferred here. Be careful around them, they might influence you.’’ Jisoo said the last part jokingly.

‘’Unnie! Stop ruining our image!’’ Lisa pouted and turned to Chaeyoung with a bright smile ‘’Hi! I’m Lisa’’ She jumped up and down excitedly making Chaeyoung giggle ‘’It’s nice to meet you Lisa’’

‘’I’m sure we will be the best of friends after this year ends.’’ Lisa winked at her, linking her arm with Chaeyoung’s.

‘’She’s always like that. No respect for people’s boundaries’’ Jisoo rolled her eyes seeing Chaeyoung’s surprised look. ‘’Nah it’s fine unnie. I got a feeling me and Lisa will get along very well’’ Chaeyoung smiled looking at the blond haired girl next to her. ‘’Score for Lisa Oppa!’’ Lisa cheered in her mind and tightening her arm around Chaeyoung’s

Jennie tsked in her mind, Lisa doesn’t really have the word shy in her dictionary, already getting touchy freely with Chaeyoung. Sometimes she wished she have that kind of confidence. Still, even though Chaeyoung words bother her, she still didn’t let it affect her. ‘’I’m Jennie, probably the most sane out of the three of us.’’ Jennie smirked

‘’Yah!’’ Lisa and Jisoo shouted at her ‘’What did you mean by that huh?’’ Jisoo glared at her while pouting. ‘’Meanie!’’ Lisa striked back. ‘’Don’t make me the same level as this kid!’’ Jisoo pointed at Lisa

‘’Hey who are you calling kid!’’

‘’You obviously.’’

‘’Yah! Just because I’m the maknae doesn’t mean that I’m a kid’’

‘’Even if you’re the oldest you still act like a kid.’’

Jennie sighed ‘’See what I mean?’’

‘’I can see what you mean Jennie.’’ Chaeyoung laughed and winked at her ‘’It must be hard in your postion.’’

‘’Definitely and I was hoping you can join in and help me’’ Jennie winked, a bit of flirting can be heard in her voice. Chaeyoung laughed, the sound instantly bringing a smile to those around her ‘’I’m already starting to love your friends unnie’’ She said to Jisoo with a bright and comfortable grin. Jennie and Lisa’s heart swelled at that, patting a job well done in their head‘’They’re your friends now too Chaeng.’’ Jisoo returned her grin as Jennie and Lisa started to also smile. A comfortable and joyful atmosphere around them and then a growl was heard. ‘’What was that?’’ Jennie asked. Chaeyoung ducked her head in embarrassment ‘’Uhm…I’m hungry…’’

‘’You’re so cute!!’’ Lisa cooed while pinched Chaeyoung’s cheek. ‘’Yah! Don’t pinch my cheeks!’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed, a pink hue started forming on her cheeks. ‘’But they’re cute!’’ The two started to bicker about Chaeyoung’s cheek making Jisoo shake her head ‘’You’ve only just met and both of you are already bickering.’’ The two bickering duo smiled sheepishly ‘’Sorry unnie.’’

Jennie remained passive, she can already see the two forming a strong bond and that made her mood go down for a bit. She also wants to strengthen her bond with Chaeyoung but Lisa is being a wall for that‘’Let’s eat then?’’ She suggested. Chaeyoung nodded excitedly, the thought of food immediately making her excited.

‘’Monster Chaeng is coming to the food court, I repeat, Monster Chaeng is coming to the food court.’’ Jisoo acted like a police talking to a walkie-talkie as she said it with a shushed voice. ‘’Unnie stop it!’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed, a bit of embarrassment can be seen through her actions.

‘’Monster Chaeng?’’Jennie asked amusingly. Jisoo grinned ‘’You’ll see.’’

‘’Let’s go! Can’t let my chipmunk be hungry!’’ Lisa exclaimed before running towards the canteen with Chaeyoung as their arms are still linked, leaving the other two behind. ‘’Wait, what do you mean by chipmunk?!’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed as she was forced to run due to Lisa.

‘’Eehee!’’ That was all the two heard as they left the classroom.

‘’Stupid Lisa, having Chaeyoung all by herself and leaving us here.’’ Jisoo let out her thoughts and turned to Jennie who has that resting face on. ‘’Jendeukie? Your face is showing.’’

Jennie rolled her eyes ‘’This is my natural face unnie.’’

‘’Whatever you say, let’s follow them?’’ Jennie nodded and together, they both went after the two.


At the canteen, two girls were once again bickering and from the looks of it, they were waiting for someone…

‘’We should have waited for them Lisa’’

‘’But my chipmunk is hungry! Why aren’t we buying food right now?’’

‘’Your chipmunk?’’ Chaeyoung blushed a bit with a questioning eyebrow. ‘’Well, you look like chipmunk with your cheeks so plump…’’ Lisa shrugged ‘’And unfortunately I’m restraining myself to pinch it.’’

‘’Jisoo was right’’ Chaeyoung giggled. ‘’About what?’’ Lisa asked

‘’We’ve only just met like a few minutes ago and yet we’re already acting like best friends for years.’’ Chaeyoung grinned. ‘’It’s not my fault that I’m super comfortable with you.’’ Lisa answered back making Chaeyoung laugh ‘’Don’t worry, I also feel comfortable with you all.’’

‘’What is taking them so long? Seriously Chaeyoung we should just buy food right now and wait for them at the table.’’ Lisa grumbled.

‘’Looks like I’m not the only one hungry here’’ Lisa’s companion . ‘’Food is important to humans my cute chipmunk, and I think you know that too.’’ Lisa winked.

‘’Shut up…’’ Chaeyoung shyly striked back ‘’Let’s just wait for them’’

Lisa stared at Chaeyoung with soft eyes, slightly admiring Chaeyoung’s side view. ‘’I’ve never felt so at ease at someone else’s presence in just a short amount of time…Just who are you Park Chaeyoung?’’

‘’Well, you’ve gotten quiet’’ Chaeyoung remarked before finally looking back at the staring blond haired girl, meeting her brown eyes. ‘’Lisa?’’

Lisa snapped out of her trance and blushed slightly at getting caught of staring, thankfully for the God of Time, Jennie and Jisoo made their presence known.

‘’Finally! What took you so long unnie?!’’ Lisa quickly changed the subject ‘’We’re starving here.’’

Jennie rolled her eyes ‘’Well, if you didn’t ran off then you wouldn’t have to wait for us.’’ She said in a blunt tone

‘’Ooooohhhh. Typical Jen’’ Jisoo snickered seeing Lisa’s grumbling at Jennie’s answer. ‘’Let’s eat then?’’ All of them nodded in agreement and bought their own food before finally finding a table for them.

‘’Finally some food!’’ Lisa celebrated before digging in, followed by Chaeyoung. ‘’Wow Korean foods are delicious’’ Chaeyoung commented before taking another bite.

‘’So where are you from Chaeyoung?’’ Jennie asked as she also took a bite from her food. Chaeyoung gulped down the food before answering ‘’Well, I’m pure Korean actually but was born in Australia. There I grew up and then my father got a big promotion here in Korea and fortunately, it was near Jisoo's place so I don’t have to worry about having friends around.’’

Jennie was surprised ‘’So you speak English?’’ Jennie said in English, her Kiwi accent showing. Chaeyoung was also surprise ‘’Yes, I do. You too?’’ She said in English excitingly, her own accent showing as well.

‘’Yeah I do.’’ Jennie flashed her gummy smile. ‘’You look cute smiling like that Jennie.’’ Chaeyoung praised her. Jennie blushed a bit ''Thanks Chaeyoung. You're not so bad yourself.'' Chaeyoung giggled, a pink hue showing at her face.

‘’Can you please speak in our native tongue now?’’ Jisoo said ‘’Even though I understand it and from the looks of it I suggest you stop flirting Jendeukie. Chaeyoung here is precious.'' Jennie snickered ''Hey Chaeng'' She called out making the said girl look at her as if she knows what she was going to do next. Jennie winked at her and flashed her gummy smile. Chaeyoung giggled and smiled warmly at her before winking back. Seeing the exasperated look at Jisoo's face, both of them burst in laughter their eye contact giving each other a job well done, not noticing the sharp eyes of a certain girl who continued eating in silence.

Jisoo rolled her eyes at the action of the two ''Seriously, hearing both of you speak in English is making me doubt my own skills.''

‘’Oh unnie you speak English quite fine.’’ Chaeyoung giggled. ‘’How about you Lisa?’’

Lisa snapped out of her food diving and nodded eagerly, savoring Chaeyoung's attention to her‘’Yeah I can speak some English…’’ Then she thought about something ‘’Hey Chaeyoung, what’s your birthday?’’

‘’February 11, 1997’’ Chaeyoung answered. ‘’No!!!!’’ Lisa exclaimed dramatically before hanging her head. Jennie and Jisoo snickered while Chaeyoung looks a bit worried ‘’What’s wrong?’’

‘’I’m still the maknae…’’ Lisa grumbled ‘’You’re 1 month older than me’’

Chaeyoung laughed ‘’Seriously Lisa? You do act like a maknae…It will feel weird if you’re the oldest here.’’

Jisoo raised her hand for a high five ‘’Welcome to ‘Diss Lisa aka our maknae’ Club Chaeyoung.’’Chaeyoung laughed ‘’I didn’t know there was a club like that.’’ She giggled before giving Jisoo her high five. Really, it was just infectious. Jennie just looked at her friends with a small smile. Yes, this is a start of a wonderful relationship between the four of them. She is sure of that, then she took a glance to Chaeyoung ‘’Maybe…no, got to focus on friendship rather than a relationship. Besides,’’ Jennie sighed in her mind ‘’I don’t think she’s even attracted to girls…’’

‘’Jennie unnie is on it again.’’ Lisa commented looking at Jennie’s gaze towards the girl beside Lisa. ‘’She’s been staring at Chaeyoung a lot…’’ She sometimes wondered if Jennie is also attracted to Chaeyoung but shrugged it off ‘’Nah, that can be it. Maybe because Chaeyoung is new that she’s staring at her a lot.’’

‘’Jendeukie snap out of it. You’re making Chaeyoung blush.’’ Jisoo teased. ‘’Unnie!’’ Chaeyoung pouted. ‘’It’s just that you’re too cute Chaeyoung’’ Jennie praised her.

Lisa agreed ‘’Yeah! You look like a cute little chipmunk I want to just pinch all day!’’ Chaeyoung protested at that but just pouted and continued eating.

‘’Yah!! Your cheeks are even more plump when you’re eating!’’ Lisa squealed trying to touch Chaeyoung’s cheek but the latter was moving her head away with a squeal of her own ‘’Unnie help me! Your friend is disturbing my food!’’

Jisoo looked on amusingly, glad that all of them are getting along ‘’Nalalisa stop it. No one wants a hungry and moody Chaeng.’’

''I'm your friend too chipmunk!'' Lisa squeezed in

Jennie laughed ‘’Now that I notice it, you did get a lot of food.’’ She pointed Chaeyoung’s tray. ''You eat way more than us'' She teased ''And yet she has the body of a model...''

‘’Yah! Stop teasing me.’’ Chaeyoung crossed her arms like a child and unconsciously blowing her own cheek making them even more plump and that dropped the bomb for Lisa. ‘’Oh…My….God’’ The maknae continued to try and pinch Chaeyoung’s cheek with the black haired girl swatting her hands away. The unnie line just watched the show in front of them with a smile. They could tell that the four of them will go far in their relationship with each other. A start of a long-lasting bond that is already forming and growing stronger as each second passes by. For sure, this school year will be a blast.