Partner

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

Hey guys I'm back! Yes I know it's been almost a month 

RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Jisoo opened her eyes sleepily and saw her phone ringing ‘’Must be Chaeyoung-ah’’

‘’Hello?’’

‘’Hey unnie! I called just as you instructed’’ Jisoo could practically hear the smile of the cheerful girl

‘’So how’s your ice cream with Lisa?’’

‘’Well actually Jennie saw me at the park while I was waiting for Lisa. She showed up and we talked before Lisa came in.’’ Chaeyoung started sharing what happened earlier ‘’Lisa said it was a date and I got confused then she pinched me. She could be so weird sometimes’’

Jisoo snickered at that ‘’Let me guess, Jennie tag along and you three began to hang out?’’

‘’Yah how did you know?’’ Chaeyoung said, impressed ‘’Are you psychic now?’’

‘’Oh Chaeyoungie, you’re too oblivious sometimes that I can’t believe you made the first move when we were together’’ Jisoo chuckled ‘’Maybe? So how did it go?’’

‘’It went great’’ Chaeyoung mused ‘’They both calmed me down and cheered me up…’’

‘’That’s great then, I’m glad everything’s okay now’’ Jisoo smiled then yawned

‘’Don’t tell me you slept when you got home?’’ Chaeyoung said amused ‘’It’s night time now how are you going to get some sleep?’’

‘’Sleep is my middle name pasta’’

Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’Whatever unnie, I’m going to get my own sleep’’

Jisoo nodded and smiled softly ‘’Okay…Good night Chaeng, sleep well’’

Chaeyoung smiled as well ‘’Thanks unnie, you too’’

Both ended the call, Jisoo laid on her bed ‘’I wonder who Chaeyoung really likes? Only time would tell I guess’’ Jisoo closed her eyes, as long as the four of them are together, it’s fine with her. No one would be neglecting each other, she is sure of that now since she practically opened it up to the three of them. So whoever Chaeyoung likes, she will be on full support on who it is.

‘’Follow your heart Chaeyoungie’’ Jisoo closed her eyes to continue sleeping. For now, she needs sleep, the day has been pretty emotional in the least expected way too


‘’Okay class! I got a project for all of you’’

The students groan at the prospect of another project ‘’Well here is the school life’’ Lisa sighed

‘’You should be getting used to it though’’ Jennie rolled her eyes

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’Though I wonder what’s the project all about’’

‘’Such a hard-working student’’ Jisoo smirked ‘’That’s Chaeyoungie for you’’

‘’If that’s a compliment unnie I’ll accept it’’ Chaeyoung grinned. Their teacher cleared ‘’This will be a partner kind of project wherein you will make a presentation of the topic I’m going to give to you and you are going to report it according to the number I’m going to give it you.’’

Jisoo chuckled when she saw Jennie and Lisa’s ear perk up at the partner part and they immediately turned their head towards to Chaeyoung

‘’Chipmunk want to partner up with me?’’ Lisa grinned, immediately thankful for speaking so fast; one of the quirks of being a rapper and even proud of herself for outspeeding Jennie, her fellow rapper

‘’She’s going to partner up with me’’ Jennie glared at Lisa and the two started to argue again on who should Chaeyoung be partnered with

‘’Don’t I get to choose?’’ Chaeyoung asked Jisoo since the two were busy arguing

‘’How about being my partner?’’ Jisoo asked and chuckled when the two arguing girls switched their attention to her

‘’Jisoo!’’

‘’I’m kidding, I’m kidding’’ Jisoo laughed while Chaeyoung seems confused about it all. ‘’So Chaeyoungie, who do you want to be partnered with?’’

The teacher cleared to gain their attention since the class was getting noisy ‘’That’s enough! We will choose partners randomly.’’ She said as Lisa and Jennie groaned in disappointment ‘’Write your names down in a strip of paper and you will all pick individually’’ The teacher said ‘’If what you chose already has a partner, just pick another one.’’

‘’I am so going to get chipmunk’s paper’’ Lisa observed on how Chaeyoung write and folded the paper. Jisoo snickered ‘’And like observing how her paper folds will help you’’ Jisoo whispered ‘’Not to mention your luck.’’

‘’Did you have to mention that?’’ Lisa grumbled

‘’If anyone’s lucky enough to get Chaeyoungie’s name’’ Jisoo said and wrote down her own name and passed it to the teacher ‘’It will be Jendeukie’’ Jennie grinned hearing that as she wrote her name and passed it, silently thanking the heavens above for giving her such great luck. She really hopes that her luck will work again this time.

‘’Why are you rooting for her?!’’ Lisa accused her, her lips curling into a frown

Jisoo shook her head ‘’I’m not rooting for her. I’m stating a fact’’

‘’What fact?’’

‘’That you're the unluckiest person alive on Earth’’ Jisoo said bluntly ‘’and also, Jennie's not known for the Queen of Victory for nothing’’

Lisa scoffed ‘’That’s for games unnie. I highly doubt out of all the students in this class that she’ll get to pick chipmunk’s name’’

‘’Are we still talking about who my partner is?’’ Chaeyoung finally turned her attention to them

‘’Don’t worry hubby’’ Jennie winked at her ‘’I got a good feeling about this’’

The teacher walked to each student and let them pick, and thankfully none of them picked any of their names…yet. Surprisingly, the teacher went next to Chaeyoung

The two girls watched in anxious as Chaeyoung grabbed a slip of paper and read out loud

‘’Jennie’’

Jennie almost whipped in happiness while Lisa bang her head down ‘’You have got to be kidding me…’’

Jisoo snickered at Lisa ‘’I told you; You do have bad luck’’

The teacher came next to Lisa who grumpily grabbed a piece of paper and when she saw the name she banged her head again at the table and stomped her feet angrily while mumbling how unfair the world is

‘’What’s wrong Lisa’’ The teacher asked

Lisa mumbled the person’s name but they all couldn’t hear it ‘’What? Speak louder please you’re wasting time’’ The teacher said getting irritated

‘’I said it's Chaeyoung!’’ Lisa shouted, fake tears streaming down her face. After that, only Jisoo’s laughter was heard throughout the classroom

‘’Okay I take it back’’ Jisoo laughed harder even clutching her stomach ‘’You don’t have bad luck. You have the worst luck ever’’

Jennie joined in laughing with Jisoo while Chaeyoung just giggled. That was the day that Chaeyoung witnessed one of Lisa’s bad luck.

Time flew by fast and Lisa remained sulky throughout the whole day with Jennie and Jisoo teasing her while Chaeyoung watched on amused.

''Do you really want to be my partner Lisa?'' Chaeyoung giggled watching the maknae in a down mood. Lisa just nodded with a pout ''I want to be with chipmunk through this stressful school''

Chaeyoung laughed, feleing flattered at what Lisa is saying ''You got Jisoo-unnie Lisa. Both of you can do it'' Thankfully Lisa got to pick Jisoo so it was still not bad. At least it wasn’t someone she wasn’t close with. 

‘’Be thankful you got me’’ Jisoo playfully said seeing Lisa still sulk

‘’I almost had Chaeyoung to be my partner…If only she didn’t get to pick first.’’ Lisa said

‘’It was luck in my part I guess’’ Jennie grinned smugly at Lisa who swore she could feel smokes coming out from her ears. ''I am so going to get her back from this''

‘’Yup one of the luckiest person I’ve met’’ Jisoo snickered and stood up ready to go home. ‘’Let’s go home then?’’

Chaeyoung chuckled and fixed her things ‘’I think I’ll go to the library to study more about our topic’’ She looked at Jennie ‘’Want to come partner?’’ She grinned. Jennie felt that the world really blessed her with great luck so she grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand and headed straight towards the library

‘’I’ll see you guys tomorrow!’’ Chaeyoung shouted seeing that Jennie started to drag her to the library

‘’Well, looks like it’s you and me then’’ Jisoo stared at Lisa who was still sulking ‘’Aish Limario please stop being so sulky, I don’t want to do the project all by myself.’’

Lisa sighed ‘’Fine let’s go’’  She said but she was still sulky. Jisoo looked at Lisa and sighed, getting a bit irritated ‘’Pack your things up, we’re going to buy some ice cream.’’

Lisa’s eyes lit up ‘’Your treat?’’

‘’If it gets you out of your sulky state, I’ll take it. Sulky you isn’t as amusing as I’ve thought’’


‘’So what’s our topic?’’ Jennie asked. They entered the library and browse through some books.

Chaeyoung hummed, her fingers skimming through the rows of books ‘’Thankfully we got Earth Science as our topic. Specifically, Geology’’

Jennie cracked her neck ‘’Sound easy enough, can we add some additional topics along the way? We could get some extra credits for that’’ Chaeyoung looked at her surprise

‘’What?’’ Jennie asked

Chaeyoung shook her head and turned her attention back to the books she is searching for their report ‘’It’s just that’’ She smiled ‘’It’s rare to find someone who are serious at their studies and even adding additional topics for a report.’’ She chuckled ‘’Normally we were just supposed to focus on Geology and that’s it.’’

‘’Uhm…so your point is that I’m a nerd?’’ Jennie asked nervously, she is really serious about her studies that’s why she gets high grades and she’s bold. If she wants to add something in a report, she won’t hesitate on doing it. This is the first time she gets to report with a partner since mostly it is an individual work. Their teacher must be really laid back for them to have a project on reporting and with a partner too.

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’No wifey that’s not what I meant’’ Chaeyoung sneaked a glance at the confused Jennie, her smile getting even wider at the cute sight ‘’It’s just…it’s really admirable having that kind of trait. You grab opportunities and don’t hesitate.’’

Jennie just looked at her, enjoying the sight of Chaeyoung smiling and finally getting the book they need. ‘’She’s so beautiful…’’ Jennie thought, she is really mesmerized by the younger girl’s beauty. She’s beautiful, inside and out, and every moment they spent together, it’s really worth it. She loves the way Chaeyoung grabbed her attention and unknowingly, her mind and heart.

‘’Thanks’’ Jennie said in a shy voice. ‘’What the heck Jennie Kim? Why are you so shy for?’’ Jennie thought, cursing her own voice.

Chaeyoung chuckled and grabbed Jennie’s hand to lead her to a table ‘’You’re always welcome my wifey’’ She winked and sat down, Jennie following after her 

‘’Let’s get started then’’ Jennie said, sneaking a peek of their intertwined hands and sighed in contentment. She is really getting used to holding her hand, like it’s the missing piece that Jennie needs all along.

Chaeyoung let go of Jennie’s hands and smiled ‘’Let’s.’’

An hour has passed and the two girls are still at the library, the sun setting signaling that night time is coming around the corner.

Jennie stretched her arms and closed the book ‘’Well that’s enough reading for me.’’ Jennie groaned as she felt her back bones crack while she stretched ‘’I think my brain is still processing what I just read, and I’m also starting to regret adding more additional topics on our report.’’ Jennie mumbled

Chaeyoung laughed lightly, the girl’s laugh energizing Jennie ‘’Don’t worry wifey, two heads are better than one after all’’

Jennie grinned and side-hugged Chaeyoung ‘’And that’s why I really love you my hubby’’ She said sweetly

Chaeyoung blushed and cleared , she feels her walls going back up again ‘’You really shouldn’t let that word go so casually’’ She said before letting out a sad smile ‘’It’s a…really deep word.’’

Jennie let go of the hug to looked at her and felt her heart crack seeing Chaeyoung concealing her true feelings again ‘’Hubby…’’ She called out but Chaeyoung seems to be silent

‘’Chaeyoung’’ Jennie called out again and this time, Chaeyoung finally looked at her. Silence overwhelming them making Jennie anxious so she grabbed Chaeyoung’s hands and stared at her eyes to show her sincerity.

‘’I…I do mean it.’’ Jennie whispered ‘’I really do…love you. Even though we’ve met just this year, I have never been so thankful in my life at meeting you. You make me happy…so much, especially when you are also happy because of me. I really appreciate you coming to my life and I just want to say thank you for everything. Being yourself, it just made me love you even more and want to just protect you. So for me, that deep word that I am saying…it’s true.’’ Jennie hoped the words reached Chaeyoung’s heart ‘’Though this is really a lame way to confess but the question is’’ Jennie looked at Chaeyoung’s unreadable face ‘’Will she believe me?’’

‘’Jennie…’’ Chaeyoung said softly, her eyes light and indecipherable  ‘’I…’’

Jennie felt her heart leap ‘’Is Chaeyoung going to….’’

A cough startled them making them let each other go ‘’You girls should go home. I’m going to close the library.’’ The librarian suddenly came up to them before chuckling ‘’You girls sure do study. It’s rare to see that nowadays but really it’s getting dark soon so you should go home’’

‘’Ah’’ Chaeyoung blushed ‘’We will. Thank you for informing us and we’re really sorry if we stayed here too long’’

The librarian laughed and waved it off ‘’No no dear it’s okay. Return the book and go home. Take a rest and both of you can come back anytime tomorrow’’ She said ‘’Just don’t take too long’’ She joked

Both girls chuckled and nodded before bidding farewell to the librarian. Chaeyoung returned the books and returned to the quiet Jennie. She smiled softly and said ‘’Wifey?’’

Jennie looked at her, she’s sad that she didn’t get to hear Chaeyoung’s reply and felt really nervous on how Chaeyoung would react or will it change anything between them.

Chaeyoung chuckled and grabbed Jennie’s hand gently and caress them to relax her ‘’Let’s walk home together?’’

Jennie felt herself slightly calm down and nodded ‘’Let’s’’


‘’So’’ Jennie started as they walked towards the gate of their school ‘’Uhmm…’’ Jennie hesitated, she doesn’t know on how will she start the topic about earlier

Chaeyoung looked at her and she just knew what’s running on Jennie’s mind. ‘’Thank you Jennie’’ Chaeyoung started and decided to calm Jennie down ‘’What you’ve said about earlier…It really touched my heart and only a few people gets to say that about me’’ She chuckled ‘’Actually you’re like, the 3rd person who said that to me.’’

‘’I…back in Australia I really don’t have friends.’’ Jennie seems confused, Park Chaeyoung having no friends? That’s…unrealistic

Chaeyoung chuckled sensing her confusion ‘’What I meant is…true friends.’’ She emphasized it ‘’I have friends whom I hang out with but…I really don’t feel that connection you know? Like when you open up,  they will just giggle about it and tease you. We joke around and all but there are no emotional attachments involved. It is all just for fun.’’

Jennie listened on to Chaeyoung talking about her life back in Australia ‘’They never open up for me. Mostly they just compliment about my singing and dancing but…they never really said that they love me for me.’’

‘’They never really say what you just said.’’ Chaeyoung looked at Jennie and stopped walking. Jennie didn’t realize that they were already at their neighborhood, she got too caught up by Chaeyoung who showed her vulnerable side to her…only to her and that made her feel so special.

‘’So..I’m really thankful that I got to met you too’’ Chaeyoung said shyly ‘’You also make me happy’’ Chaeyoung suddenly hugged Jennie who immediately reciprocated it, feeling the feelings Chaeyoung poured unto it

‘’Thank you wifey’’ Chaeyoung mumbled

Jennie felt a few tears dropping at her clothes so she let go of their hug ‘’Don’t cry please’’ Jennie whispered, wiping Chaeyoung’s tears with her hands so gently. ‘’I’m always here hubby. Don’t ever hesitate to come to me’’

‘’You know I really see why Jichu is so close with you’’ Chaeyoung chuckled and opened her eyes that is so full of emotion ‘’You are always there for your friends and fight for them…You really love your friends and I’m so happy that I’m a part of that’’

Jennie felt saddened that Chaeyoung didn’t get what she meant but this will only drive her further to get even more closer to Chaeyoung’s heart. To show her how much she is special to her so with a bold move, Jennie smiled and kissed Chaeyoung’s forehead and lingering it there.

Jennie felt Chaeyoung’s breath hitched and almost high-fived herself in her mind ‘’I’m always here’’ Jennie let go of the kiss ‘’I will never go away from your life as I will not go away to yours. You will always be special to me Park Chaeyoung.’’ Jennie whispered before creating some distance between them and smiled at the stunned face of the younger girl.

‘’I’ll talk to you later on what we should do afterwards for our report. Expect a call later’’ Jennie winked before waving good bye and turning around leaving a still stunned Chaeyoung at the front of her house.

She smiled to herself ‘’I will show to her how much she is worth to me and eventually…I will make her fall for me as she made me fall for her.’’ With that thought, Jennie Kim stride to her house with determination. She's going to make sure that Chaeyoung will not only be her partner in this project. Chaeyoung will be her partner for the rest of her life. Jennie is not going to let anyone get to Chaeyoung

‘’Especially you, Lisa’’

I'm back! I have finally decided the endgame pairing though I will not reveal it. Expect some twists to the upcoming chapters and I will let you guys guess who will be the endgame pairing. I'm really sorry for the lack of update. It's like I am updating once a month right now and it saddens me :( I'm trying my best to update so I hope you guys appreciate it! 

P.S: Please support Blackpink's collab with Dua Lipa! I got a feeling this is going to be a bomb- song! Next week I think will be the release of the episode of Real Men 3 so please also support Lisa!

More P.S: Chaesoo is so cute at New York and don't forget Chaelisa at their last model event something! Though I do wonder where Jennie is even though Jisoo said that she's in Seoul lmao. Also, don't forget to stream AIIYL! Almost to 400M~