Jisoo's Problem

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

Hiccup…Sob…Punch

Those sounds have been resonating Jisoo’s room at this very night…The swishing of a certain liquid in a cup held by the owner of the room, the dark midnight thoughts swarming all around her head and yet, she has this tipsy smile staying on her face despite the turmoil inside herself…

‘’Another night with lil’ ol me’’ Jisoo giggled to herself as she took another swig of her drink. She looked at her room and laughed to herself ‘’Whoa, my room is so messy’’ Looking around seeing all her stuffs not in their right place, her clothes from earlier just laying there at the floor, her bed looks like a tiger clawed into it as well as spilt alcohol at her place. Yup, it was quite messy.

She could hear her sister’s shout at her door telling her to open it up or she’ll break it down. Jisoo scoffed ‘’As if she could actually do that.’’ She started pouring another round for herself, her alcohol tolerance getting a bit stronger every night that she did this. It helps her forget about her problem and let it numb the pain...the pain of self-isolation and concealing her problem for far too long.

It was now midnight, and she didn’t hear anymore interruptions outside her door so she was free to wallow up in her sorrow, her mind going back the day her problem started and the cause of it all...the anger she's been feeling not only for the people around her, but most especially to herself. 

‘’Pfftt…leaving is not the solution for this damn situation.’’ Jisoo said angrily, her hands clenching the glass ‘’How dare they think that I’ll be okay with it…I…’’ Tears are starting to gather in her eyes again as Jisoo angrily wiped it away

‘’Damn these tears! Why won’t they stop!’’ Jisoo yelled ‘’ I…I haven’t cried this much since…'' A girl with chipmunk cheeks and warm smile entered her mind ''since my break up with Chaeyoung…’’ Suddenly remembering the younger girl made her remember how she treated her earlier making her even angrier to herself.

‘’Stupid Jisoo…You’re such a fool scaring the only person who could understand and listen to you…The one that you still…’’ Jisoo shook her head and giggled ‘’Wow I must be drunk as ’’ She could feel her mind getting dizzy but Jisoo was stronger than that, she took another drink from her cup, scrunching up her face because of the strong taste before forcing herself to swallow it, effectively making her more tipsy than ever, her mind being more unstable and her vision getting blurry as she continues to giggle at her sad drunken self.  

Then her lively giggles turned into sudden silence…then it turned into sorrowful sobs. Fresh tears are now freely rolling on her cheeks, and has been since her family talked to her about something really serious…

Somehow, she can’t bring herself to talk to Jennie and Lisa due to her still running guilt of hurting her best friend who was like a sister to her, while also being awkward to the other one…And now, the only person she could talk all her feelings out, she probably scared her off earlier…

She can’t hold it anymore, Jisoo needs to tell everything before she explodes and do something even more stupid…

‘’Chaeng…chaeng please come back….’’ Jisoo sobbed ‘’I’m sorry for earlier just please…I-I…need you’’

‘’I’m here then’’

Jisoo jumped in surprise when someone suddenly hugged her. ‘’W-Who!?” Jisoo began to violently struggle out of the stranger’s warmth but somehow, the hold of the stranger is rather firm and strong, unaffected by her violent struggles and just kept on holding on to her.

‘’Jichu…let it all out please’’ A soft voice whispered to her ears. Jisoo’s breath hitched, she knows that voice, she just wasn’t sure if her drunken self is imagining it.

‘’C-Chaeng? I-Is it really you or is it just all in my mind?’’ Jisoo said in vulnerability. ‘’A-Am I going crazy? Is this a dream? Did I fall asleep a-already…’’

 Chaeyoung’s heart clenched in pain seeing her once happy-go-lucky unnie, into this broken self.

‘’I’m getting to the bottom of this one way or another’’ Chaeyoung thought in determination.

‘’It’s really me Jichu… your Chaeyoungie, your Chaeng, your pasta.’’ Chaeyoung joked at the last part and smiled warmly, turning Jisoo around to face her.

Jisoo shakily poked Chaeyoung’s cheek to see if it’s really her and let out a small smile when she felt the soft squishy cheek in her finger. ‘’I-It’s really you’’ Jisoo laughed lightly before launching herself into Chaeyoung’s warmth. ‘’I…I’m sorry about e-earlier’’ She said softly like a child

Chaeyoung shook her head noting that it was okay and hugged back ‘’Just let it all out unnie, I’m here. We have all night to talk and sort out your problem.’’

Almost an hour later, Jisoo finally stopped crying and pulled away from Chaeyoung. She saw the drowsiness in her eyes but still keeping herself awake just for her making her blush lightly at the younger girl's effort to be there for her. ‘’You never change at all Chaeng…’’

‘’You’re getting sleepy…how did you get in here anyway?’’ Jisoo asked

‘’My mom surprisingly agreed for me to sleep over here and even woke up dad just to get me here safely.’’ Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’Your sister called and that moment I knew that I have to take drastic measures in order to bring your annoying self back’’ She teased

Jisoo turned redder since her face is a bit red from drinking ‘’I-I am not annoying!’’

‘’Yes, you are Jichu’’ Chaeyoung giggled then looked at her surrounding ‘’So…your sister is right, you have been drinking…’’

Jisoo turned silence knowing that denying it will just make her a liar so she just nodded.

‘’Why?’’

‘’It’s a family problem Chaeng…you don’t need to know about it’’ Jisoo said stoically, all the warmth from earlier gone like a snap of a finger. Jisoo wanted to slap herself at her instant response even to the person in front of her. ‘’What the heck am I saying?!’’

Chaeyoung knitted her eyebrows in confusion and a bit of frustration, she really couldn’t understand her unnie at all right now. One moment, she’s crying, then she’s laughing, then she's shying away and now suddenly she’s cold to her? Chaeyoung bit her lip and knows that she has to take actions and to be not gentle for now since it's not working for her unnie right now.

‘’I need to know Jichu, I can’t help when you keep on shutting yourself from me, from us!’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed 

‘’You can’t Chaeyoung…you just can’t okay?’’ Jisoo said harshly, taking another drink from her cup. Chaeyoung gave a disapproving look and grabbed the cup Jisoo was holding.

‘’Stop it! You’re ruining yourself!’’

‘’Give it back to me!’’

‘’No!’’

‘’Don’t spill it!’’

‘’I’m not giving it back unless you tell me what is going on with you!’’

‘’I told you, you can’t!’’

‘’Argh!’’ Chaeyoung yelled in frustration and drank the cup until it was fully empty. Jisoo looked at her in shock, for all her life, she knew that Chaeyoung never drinks alcohol and seeing her doing it right now meant she's dead serious. Chaeyoung wanted to gag at the taste but fixed a glare at Jisoo ‘’There it’s empty… Now will you please stop this?’’

Jisoo looked at her angrily and Chaeyoung swore if she wasn’t feeling angry as well, she would have been scared at the look Jisoo is giving to her right now.  ‘’…Fine what do you want Chaeng? I just want to drink…I’m not wasting my life; I’m not wasting my liver. I just want to numb the pain until I’m sure I can fight it by myself…Is it too much to ask for that?’’

Chaeyoung was quiet and thought of an idea ‘’I’ll let you drink…If you let me know what is the reason you’ve been drinking at all’’ She gave Jisoo an intense look

‘’The. Full. Story.’’

Jisoo growled because of how insistent Chaeyoung is and tackled Chaeyoung down to the floor. Chaeyoung squeaked and got slightly scared at the way Jisoo was on top of her. Jisoo took the cup from Chaeyoung’s hand and reached out for her drink.

‘’You want to know the full story?’’ Jisoo said quietly and albeit a bit darkly. Chaeyoung gulped and she couldn’t do anything to stop Jisoo from drinking as she eyed her unnie drinking the alcohol in one gulp.

‘’How does she do that? No…How long has she been doing that?’’ Chaeyoung thought with an incredulous look seeing Jisoo just downing that strong alcohol in one gulp which means that she must have been drinking for a while now to get used at the taste.

‘’Here’s the full story then…’’ Jisoo looked at her with red face as she hiccups. ‘’I have this problem with my family since my sister’s birthday…’’

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened ‘’What? That’s months ago!’’ She decided to stay quiet to let the story continue with no interruptions even though she's a bit uncomfortable at their position.

‘’My parents have been fighting lately…’ Jisoo traced her hand absent-mindedly to Chaeyoung’s arm, goosebumps appearing at the soft touch Jisoo has been doing as Chaeyoung's bretah quickened in nervousness.

‘’Night after night…I get to witness not so pleasant words being exchanged…all because of one stupid misunderstanding’’ Jisoo growled and a bit of hate is evident on her voice. She looked at Chaeyoung and brushed a stray hair from her face ‘’You do know that my siblings are not always here…They’re not here to see those fights, to hear the angry words they were spitting at each other, and to witness how our family is breaking a-apart’’ Jisoo’s voice cracked at the end but she took a deep breath, caressing Chaeyoung’s cheek to calm herself down.

‘’But last week…last week has been the last straw for me’’ Jisoo narrowed her eyes, her anger showing ‘’I’ve been doing my best to separate my life between inside and outside this damn house…’’

Chaeyoung could only hold her breath, the way Jisoo was holding her is making her nervous and confused but she continued on listening to her in order to understand and sort out her problem.

 ‘’…my parents want a divorce’’ Jisoo dropped the bomb ‘’…and dad wants to take me with him…to another foreign country’’ She said, dropping another bomb to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened at that new information ‘’W-what…?’’

Jisoo chuckled sadly ‘’Yes Chaeng, I’m about to do the same thing that you did to me a year ago’’ She glared at her remembering that time.

Chaeyoung sighed ‘’For numerous times Jichu, I didn’t leave you…’’

Jisoo hiccupped ‘’Now that you know the full story,’’ Jisoo leaned down ‘’ And my alcohol is out…’’

Chaeyoung gulped nervously at the sudden provocative eyes she’s seeing in Jisoo and the way they were positioned isn’t something that you can call a best friend position…’’This is not going good’’ Chaeyoung gulped and tensed at the way her unnie is holding her.

‘’I need something to distract me Chaeng’’ Jisoo smiled drunkenly as she whispered hotly in her lips ''Something to make me forget about my problems...''

‘’W-what do you mean Jichu?’’ Chaeyoung stuttered as she felt Jisoo’s hand going down to touch her waist.

 Jisoo began to lift her head up and stared at Chaeyoung’s panicked eyes with her own darkened ones as she smirked, her mind getting hazier ‘’What I mean is'' She giggle and bit her lips

''This’’

As Jisoo said that, she leaned forward and kissed Chaeyoung square on the lips


Dun dun dunnnnnnnnn! If you know that sound effect then I'm happy. More chapters are coming and I cannot spoil it cause that will make you guess the ending ksksksks. Good news is that we're not that far off from the ending. Maybe 10 more chapters and then we're basically done now. Who knows? ;) I'm just writing up more chapters and I can spoil to you that I've written more than I've posted up to now lol. When I finished the ending, there might be even a triple update for ya'll ;) Anyways,thank you guys so much for supporting my story up to now! I know it's been a year maybe since I started it and we're still not yet done due to the fact that I'm busy and yet you're still reading my updates after some time of not updating. I really appreciate you guys and you are all my inspiration to finish this story in a good note. Another spoiler alert is not for this story, but I'm going to be making a new story, a fantasy one with of course Blackpink as the main characters. Please look forward to that after we finish this adventure first! I love you all so much and please stay safe everyone!