Stuck in the Attic

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

Chaeyoung went home that day absolutely tired. After cuddling with her girlfriend and even sleeping the day away, she still felt tired from all the emotional problems they have been having. As she was walking back home, she grabbed her phone which was off since she decided to turn it off earlier because she didn’t want any distractions while she was talking with Lisa.

Chaeyoung turned it on only to see five missed calls from her mother which got her confused.

‘’Why is my mom calling me so much?’’ Chaeyoung muttered, seeing she’s walking in a slow pace, she decided to take her time and call her mother back.

‘’Hey mom? What’s up with the five missed calls?’’

‘’Park Chaeyoung what’s taking you so long! Come home right now! We have visitors!’’ Mrs. Park yelled at her making Chaeyoung put a distance of her cellphone from her ear.

‘’Visitors? Who?’’ Chaeyoung asked

Mrs. Park was about to answer until another voice made her way to her ears ‘’It’s okay Clare, I’m sure she’s heading home right now.’’

Mrs. Park sighed and said sheepishly ‘’Well, I’m kind of excited for this Christmas vacation.’’ She said to someone and spoke again, this time, to her own daughter ‘’Just get home quickly Chaeyoung’’

Chaeyoung looked at her phone confusingly ‘’Visitors? Christmas vacation?’’ What was her mother talking about? Nevertheless, her house is near so she better pick up the pace before her mother pull her ear and embarrass her in front of the mysterious visitors.


Chaeyoung entered her house and heard two excited voices talking

‘’How about we go to Sky Tower? That’s one of the famous attractions in our homeland!’’

‘’That will be great! How about we also go to Waiheke Island and have a three days stay there before we go back to Korea?’’’

‘’100% sure! I’m sure our daughters will definitely enjoy their time’’

Chaeyoung blinked seeing two mothers talking excitedly to each other ‘’Mom, I’m home’’ She awkwardly said and the two women turned to look at her. Chaeyoung looked at the other woman with a small polite smile ‘’Good evening to you too Mrs. Kim’’

Mrs. Kim stood up and gave the younger girl a hug ‘’Good evening to you too dear!’’

Mrs. Park also stood up ‘’I’ve been calling you for an hour now, what happened to you?’’ Mrs. Park said in amusement.

‘’I kind of fell asleep at Lisa’s house’’ Chaeyoung chuckled nervously ‘’Sorry I’m late, my phone was off’’

Mrs. Park ruffled her daughter’s hair ‘’It’s okay dear’’ She smiled ''Just as long you didn't do anything naughty'' 

Chaeyoung blushed in embarrassment hearing Mrs. Kim giggle at their show of affection ‘’S-so earlier you said visitors so does that mean that,’’ She heard a voice behind her and a force that made her let out a little ‘Oomph’

‘’Hubby!’’ Jennie came up suddenly from behind her, back hugging her

‘’W-wifey!’’ Chaeyoung stuttered before giggling ‘’I knew you would be here’’

Mrs. Kim raised her eyebrows in amusement at their endearment giving a knowing look to Jennie who blushed in embarrassment and hid in Chaeyoung’s hair.

‘’Now would somebody please tell me what is going on?’’ Chaeyoung asked

Mrs. Park laughed ‘’I'll let Jennie explain it to you. I got to cook dinner for us. Your father will be coming home late, so I’ll just prepare some food for the four of us.’’

‘’Let me help you’’ Mrs. Kim smiled in which Mrs. Park returned with her own ‘’Sure! And also, Chaeyoung, could you please get the luggage in the attic? We need to start packing after all.’’

Chaeyoung blinked and nodded slowly ‘’Sure mom’’

‘’I’ll help her Mrs. Park’’ Jennie smiled politely. Mrs. Park nodded and thanked her as she and Jennie’s mother went to the kitchen while speaking about their upcoming vacation.

Chaeyoung turned around and her heart stopped at their close proximity. ‘’S-so, what’s going on?’’ She stuttered

Jennie blushed in embarrassment ‘’It was all my mom’s idea actually…She was wanting to go to another country for vacation, and as you clearly see, my mom and your mom actually clicked together and decided to go on a Christmas vacation together, with both of our families.’’

Chaeyoung seemed surprise and tilted her head ‘’Where are we going then?’’ She asked before motioning to Jennie to come with her since they have an errand to take care of.

Jennie walked beside her and answered ‘’Auckland, New Zealand’’ Jennie swore she saw Chaeyoung’s eyes twinkling as she said ‘’Auckland, New Zealand?! That’s where I was born!’’ She said excitedly

‘’Well,’’ Jennie gave Chaeyoung her gummy smile ‘’I studied there so you could say we're both quite familiar in that place’’

Chaeyoung looked at her and squealed ‘’We’re New Zealand babies!’’ She exclaimed accidentally in English as she hugged Jennie in excitement of going back to their hometown this Christmas.

Jennie laughed ‘’Well technically I was born in South Korea but I did grow up there before permanently staying here in Korea.’’ She said in her own English tongue.

Chaeyoung blushed, she couldn’t help but love the older girl’s accent ‘’A-anyways, we should go get the luggage now.’’

‘’Right behind you’’ Jennie winked at her, she really felt comfortable on letting out her real self now that Lisa is not in the picture.

‘’So…how are you hubby?’’ Jennie smiled, they were now in the attic and Jennie was surprised to see it thoroughly cleaned when Chaeyoung the lights. No webs of spiders or specks of dust.

Chaeyoung hummed looking around to search the luggage ‘’I’m actually really tired…well emotionally’’ She muttered loud enough for Jennie to hear.

Jennie looked worried ‘’Emotionally?’’ She whispered ‘’What happened hubby? You can tell me anything…’’ She put a hand on Chaeyoung’s shoulder.

Chaeyoung looked at her and her breath hitched seeing Jennie so close to her. She almost urge herself to tuck that stray of hair behind her ear ‘’How is she so beautiful?’’ Her heart was going out of control and she couldn’t act right ever since Jisoo told her that Jennie loves her. So she did one thing that she do when she’s panicking, she’ll back out.

‘’I-I found it; we should go.’’ Chaeyoung quickly said grabbing the luggage and went to the door. Jennie looks confused and a bit hurt that Chaeyoung won’t open up to her but nodded nonetheless. Chaeyoung twisted the doorknob and her eyebrows furrowed ‘’It’s jammed?’’ She tried opening it but it won’t open.

‘’Great just great’’ Chaeyoung sighed ‘’Our mothers won’t hear us, but at least they will come after us after cooking so it’s better if we just wait.’’

Jennie nodded ‘’Sure’’ She whispered sadly

Chaeyoung glanced at Jennie as they sat on the floor, she watch as Jennie started to tap on the floor while not making eye-contact with her which made her feel a bit guilty. ‘’I have Lisa as my girlfriend…I shouldn’t let what Jisoo-unnie said affect me and Jennie's relationship...’’

‘’How are you wifey?’’ Jennie looked at Chaeyoung who has a warm smile on her face making her smile also ‘’I guess she was just really tired…I thought she’s getting awkward with me’’ She heaved a small sigh of relief at that.

‘’I’m fine’’ Jennie smiled ‘’I really appreciate you for helping me cope up with my problem, especially after talking with Lisa, I feet a lot better now.’’

‘’I’m glad to know that’’ Chaeyoung smiled and she swore she sees Jennie preventing herself to get closer to her which made her giggle ‘’Come here my small wifey’’

Jennie pouted and giddily went closer to her and put her head at Chaeyoung’s shoulder. ‘’Hey hubby, I have something to ask you’’

‘’What is it?’’

‘’Have you experienced one-sided love?’’ Chaeyoung looked at Jennie and softened at how vulnerable she looks right now. She remembered what Jisoo-unnie said ‘’Is she talking about me?’’ She thought but she shrugged it off and decided to just answer her.

‘’Well, I wouldn’t call it love. I do have someone I like when I was living in Auckland, and well she didn’t like me. It kind of hurts and I bet it would hurt even more when it is someone I love’’ Chaeyoung said and glanced at her ‘’Do you have someone you love wifey?’’

Jennie smiled thinking about the girl next to her ‘’Yeah…I love her so much that even though she doesn’t know I love her, I promised to myself to continue on loving her from the sidelines…to continue on making her happy even if I’m not the one she loves, because that’s how much I have fallen in love with her.’’

Chaeyoung didn’t know why but she felt her heart race at Jennie’s word, how lovely she looks right now, how fond her voice is when she was talking about her loved one, and that smile…

’’Wow…’’ Chaeyoung giggled cutely, laying her head on Jennie’s head ‘’You must really love her then.’’

Jennie went to grab on Chaeyoung’s hand tightly who Chaeyoung squeezed it back ‘’ I really do…’’

Chaeyoung felt her eyes closing, the comfortable atmosphere around them making her sleepy ‘’That girl must be really lucky to be loved by you…’’ She said before finally falling asleep not hearing what Jennie said

Jennie smiled and also felt her eyes closing as she whispered ‘’Yeah…you’re really lucky hubby’’ 


Ey small chapter for you guys! But I promise the next few chapters are longer. So, are you guys surprised at this turn of events? I was really supposed to post this last December but activities and events piled up on me the whole December and January came but it's back to school that time. I'm updating quite frequently right now and I hope I can continue op updating until we finish the story. I have another story in mind but will probably take a while to publish since I did promise to finish this story first before making a new one. Anyways, I hope Chaennie warriors are not going to kill me mwehehee. Please keep on reading and as always, thank you for those who stayed through my stories! I love you guys and can't wait for Sour Candy to come out in 10 days!