That One Last Chance

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’What do you mean you’re leaving for Christmas?! And with Jennie’s family no less?!’’

Park Chaeyoung flinched at Lisa’s angry voice as they were now talking in her room the day after Jennie and her mom visited last night.

Chaeyoung sighed and massaged her forehead in distress ‘’I didn’t even know about it okay? It was too sudden and I can’t help but get excited since it’s my birthland too’’

Lisa cursed and wanted to punch something out of anger. She immediately went to Chaeyoung when she saw her text about her plans in Christmas. Lisa bit her lip in frustration ‘’I was supposed to go to Jisoo-unnie’s house and then this happened.’’ First Jisoo kissing her girlfriend and now her former love rival hanging out with her girlfriend in Christmas…for 1 week!

‘’It’s just 1 week Lisa-yah, we’ll be home before New Year’’ Chaeyoung said trying to reassure her girlfriend.

‘’But Jennie will be with you…’’ Lisa muttered and Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows, her own frustrations showing up ‘’So what? What’s wrong with hanging out with Jennie-unnie?’’ She said in an irritable voice.

Lisa clenched her fist ‘’you don’t know Chaeyoung….you don’t know that Jennie still has feelings for you’’ She thought remembering her talk with Jennie just days ago.

Seeing her girlfriend quiet, Chaeyoung put her hands up in anger ‘’God! Lisa what is up with your jealousy tantrums!’’ She shouted ‘’I understand about Jisoo-unnie’s part but Jennie-unnie also? Christ Lisa she’s our best friend! What is so wrong about hanging out with her in Christmas!’’

‘’Because I’m your girlfriend Chaeyoung! It’s my right to keep you with me because I love you!’’ Lisa shouted back

‘’I am yours Lisa!’’ Chaeyoung fired back angrily ‘’What, does Jennie has feelings for me that’s why you’re being too territorial?!’’ She said confusingly, one of the problems she’s been keeping since Jisoo’s sudden exposure of Jennie liking her. All the frustrations and confusion combining together making her tense and irritable.

Lisa took a step back in shock before regaining her senses before Chaeyoung could notice ‘’N-no! I’m just scared that you’ll forget about your own girlfriend’’ Lisa said crossing her arms

Chaeyoung looked hurt ‘’Don’t you trust me at all Lisa?’’

Lisa looked away ‘’I-it’s not you who I don’t trust…’’

Now Chaeyoung looked at her with confusion ‘’So you don’t trust Jennie-unnie?’’ Lisa was quiet and Chaeyoung ran her hand over her hair ‘’But she’s our best friend Lisa, our sister even! What is going on with you?!’’

‘’I…I trust her babe’’ Lisa answered before cursing in her mind since she didn’t want to tell Chaeyoung about Jennie’s feelings to her due to their talk ‘’God Jennie I really want to curse you right now’’

‘’Then stop acting like a jealous kid! God you’re so confusing!’’ Chaeyoung yelled and huffed before walking towards her bed and putting her hands in her head as she looked down.

Lisa wants to hit herself for not thinking about Chaeyoung’s feelings ‘’I’m such a bad girlfriend’’

Lisa felt guilt creep into her heart seeing Chaeyoung let out a tear. She slowly walks towards her and sat beside her bed ‘’Hey..’’ She said softly

‘’…what?’’ Chaeyoung sighed and looked at Lisa, her eyes drained and tired from all of the thoughts coming to her.

‘’I’m sorry…’’ Lisa said quietly. Chaeyoung was quiet and spoke back ‘’I’m sorry too…lately our friends’ problems are getting too much in my head and I know I can handle it but…’’ 

‘’You’re so infuriatingly dense Chaeng’’ Jisoo chuckled ‘’Those two girls loved you like a circle…never-ending’’ She said while drawing a circle slowly with her hand before laughing ‘’But one of them won you over right? Lucky bangs I guess’’

 Chaeyoung clenched her fist ‘’It’s…affecting me way too much’’ She said as more tears are released from her eyes

Lisa panicked and immediately wiped away her tears with her hand ‘’ Don’t apologize!’’ She unknowingly yelled making Chaeyoung look at her.

Lisa took a deep breath and said ‘’I-I know it’s my fault and I tend to blame it on you…it’s not right I know but I’m just scared okay? You’re the only one who makes me feel like this Chaeyoung…I love you so much that I’m also scared about others stealing you from me…even my own best friends, but what can I say?’’ She chuckled and nudged Chaeyoung playfully ‘’I have such a gorgeous girlfriend whom I know loves me very much also’’

Chaeyoung smiled a bit ‘’You sure have your way of words Manoban’’ She sighed and looked at her girlfriend adoringly. Lisa just smiled cheekily and said ‘’I’m your badass girlfriend after all. Now give me my hug so that we could leave this stupid fight in the past now.’’

Chaeyoung giggled and tackled Lisa in a hug. Lisa felt light hearing Chaeyoung’s soft giggles ‘’Am I forgiven now?’’ She laughed softly and watched as Chaeyoung lifted her head, their noses touching and their eyes smiling now.

‘’Yes you are’’ Chaeyoung smiled and leaned forward to kiss Lisa in the lips. Lisa kissed back just as soft and stayed in that position for a while to savor the feeling.

Chaeyoung released the kiss and smiled, feeling all her negative feelings and thoughts going away from that simple kiss. ‘’I hope that shows you that you can trust me more pabo’’ She teased the younger girl.

Lisa hummed and winked at her ‘’I think I need a few more evidences’’ Lisa pulled Chaeyoung down by pulling her neck and meeting her lips on the way as they kissed passionately, not knowing a person outside the door hearing their fight from start...until the very end.


A girl was just frozen outside of Chaeyoung’s room. She could hear the two girls making out now and felt hurt in her heart. She will never be able to get over that…She swallowed the lump on and just went down to go home, really not feeling to take her black jacket from Chaeyoung since she wants to use it for when they go to the airport in a few days.

‘’Oh Jennie? They didn’t let you in?’’ Chaeyoung’s mother frowned seeing the dejected face on the younger girl.

Jennie smiled weakly ‘’I uhm…heard them fighting and felt that I shouldn’t intrude so I decided to just get my jacket from Chaeyoung in another time Mrs. Park. Though thank you for letting me in’’

Mrs. Park felt something wrong to Jennie so she decided to hug the younger girl ‘’You must really love that black jacket of yours’’ She joked ‘’Cheer up okay? We’ll be having so much fun in a few days’’ Mrs. Park let go of the hug and winked at her.

Jennie finally let out a small genuine smile ‘’We will Mrs. Park, I’ll see you in a few days then!’’

Mrs. Park giggled and nodded, letting Jennie out of her sight as she walked bach home.


Jisoo was now quietly staring at the ceiling of her room. Her mind replaying the night when Chaeyoung suddenly had a sleepover at her house. She clenched her fist remembering how she almost violated Chaeyoung and how unstable she is…how messy her room was, and her inner problems just exploded in Chaeyoung’s face…

She still wanted to apologize to the younger girl and she doesn’t know how to face Lisa and Jennie after all of this.

‘’Jesus Jisoo, if only you told them in the first place then this wouldn’t happen’’ Jisoo cursed and sighed. A knock was heard on her door and she yelled ‘’Just come in unnie jeez! I’m not doing anything crazy right now!’’ She was expecting her sister coming in and yell at her about the night before again, but she didn’t expect a girl with bangs opening her door and looking at her straight in the eyes.

‘’L-Lisa!’’ Jisoo exclaimed and sat up. She looked at Lisa who was dead serious and walking towards her quickly. Jisoo was nervous seeing that foreign look at the maknae’s face, and was a bit scared about what she will do since Chaeyoung probably told her what happened seeing Lisa’s face.

‘’I-I swear I can explain just listen to my side Lisa!’’ Jisoo stuttered and when Lisa came in front of her, she didn’t expect a strong hug from the maknae. ‘’What…is going on?’’ She muttered

‘’You stupid unnie!’’ Lisa shouted as she let go of the hug to glare at Jisoo ‘’ Why you got to keep all your problems to yourself huh! What, are we statues now in your eyes?! Jesus Kim Jisoo I swear I wanted to smack you right now for being too much of a hero! Keeping your problems to yourself and look where it got you! Stupid stupid unnie!’’

‘’Y-yah what do you mean by stupid pabo! I’m smarter than you!’’

‘’Only in school you small duck!’’

‘’Yah! You came here to insult me you stupid monkey!’’

‘’I came here to smack your senses back pabo!’’

‘’You’re not doing a good job right now!’’

They looked at each other angrily before suddenly laughing ‘’Man I missed that Jisoo-unnie’’ Lisa giggled. Jisoo chuckled ‘’I have to admit, I do miss teasing your monkey face’’ She simpered.

Lisa scoffed ‘’Glad to know you’re all okay seeing that your insults are back.’’

Jisoo smiled ‘’Well, you have your girlfriend to thank for that…well, as well as you, I needed that.’’ Jisoo looked at her and smiled genuinely ‘’I didn’t know you’ll come all the way here…’’

Lisa smiled back and put a hand on Jisoo’s back ‘’I’m one of your best friends Jisoo-unnie…Me, Chaeyoung, and Jennie-unnie are here for you…we will never turn our backs to you because you are special to us…a mother even’’ Lisa laughed when Jisoo smacked her at the mother remark ‘’Well you are the oldest among us’’

‘’That doesn’t mean I’m old enough to be a mother, and if I were to be mother, I wouldn’t want a child like you’’ Jisoo stuck out her tongue at her.

‘’Yah! How could you reject this gorgeous masterpiece!’’

Jisoo gagged ‘’I don’t even see what Chaeyoungie sees in you…’’

‘’Yah!’’ As Lisa shouted that, she started to tell a list on why Chaeyoung loves her.

Jisoo sat back and watched as Lisa rant and rant for all the hours that she could take. She smiled softly at the maknae and thanked her in her mind ‘’Thank you Lisa…you don’t know how much it means to me having my friends beside especially after what I did to Chaeyoung…Speaking of Chaeyoung, I better call her and apologize again…’’

‘’And also!’’ Lisa smirked looking at the confused Jisoo ‘’Care to tell me why you almost my girlfriend Jisoo-unnie?’’ She said crossing her arms.

Jisoo gulped and thought ‘’Oh Park Chaeyoung, I’m so going to kill you for not explaining this to Lisa’’ Little did she know, it’s Lisa’s mission to know Jisoo’s problem but being the little devil she is, she decided to go to the worse part of it all.

Lisa laughed silently seeing Jisoo frantically trying to explain to her ‘’I’m such a genius’’


Jennie slumped down to her bed. It was now night and she spent her day just lying at her bed and sleeping. She’s too lazy to pack up today ever since she heard Chaelisa fighting. She sighed as she recalled Chaeyoung’s word.

‘’God! Lisa what is up with your jealousy tantrums!’’ She shouted ‘’I understand about Jisoo-unnie’s part but Jennie-unnie also? Christ Lisa she’s our best friend! What is so wrong about hanging out with her in Christmas!’’

She felt happy when she heard Chaeyoung defending her…but her own heart hurt hearing the words 'best friend'.

She chuckled sadly ‘’God why can’t I move on from her?’’ She ran her hand through her hair. No matter how much she tried to bury it, her feelings for Chaeyoung always resurfaces back as soon as she even heard her name. When her mother suggested the Christmas vacation, she was happy that Mrs. Park agreed. She swore she felt she was on cloud nine because that meant a whole week of spending Christmas with the one she loves! But fate is not going to make it easy for her because…

‘’Lisa…’’ As much as Jennie loves the maknae, she hates that out of all people that Lisa has to fall in love with, it has to be the same one that she loves. She will probably receive a text from the maknae soon and she’s ready to answer it since she’s been thinking about it already ever since she went home.

Then Jennie narrowed her eyes ‘’Jisoo-unnie’s part…I wonder what Chaeyoung meant by that?’’

Speaking of Jisoo, Jennie has been worried for the older girl, she didn’t know how to approach her after their talk since Lisa suddenly wanted to talk to her too. Then her mother had this crazy idea and well, she just didn’t have enough time. But now that she’s alone, Jennie decided to get her phone and call the older girl, praying that she answers it. ‘’I want to start Christmas with Chaeyoung with no problems between us all…and I’ll start with Jisoo-unnie.’’

‘’Hello Jendeukie? Is there something wrong that you call me in this ungodly hour?’’

Jennie laughed ‘’Jisoo-unnie really knows how to make me laugh’’

‘’Pabo, it’s not that late’’ Jennie answered ‘’And you Kim Jisoo has a lot of explaining to do!’’

‘’Why do I have to get through this again’’ She heard Jisoo groan

‘’What do you mean unnie?’’

‘’Well, the Chaelisa couple already interrogated me. Chaeyoung had sleepover here the night before, and Lisa visited me earlier.’’

‘’Well then, it’s my turn then.’’ Jennie smirked

‘’But it gets so tiring explaining my situation again and again!’’

‘’And it’s your fault Kim Jisoo for not telling us earlier and making us worry sick about you!’’

‘’I’m sorry Jendeukieeeee~’’

Jennie sighed and smiled ‘’Pabo…please let me also be there for you unnie, I’m your first best friend and I really wanted to be mad at you for not telling me first but it’s my fault too for not having time to come to you…’’

‘’…I do appreciate you Jendeukie and well…get ready for a long- story then’’ Jennie chuckled and listened patiently as Jisoo started telling her everything and when Jisoo meant everything, it also meant that Jisoo told Chaeyoung that Jennie has feelings for her.

‘’Wait, wait’’ Jennie stopped her and Jisoo cursed quietly

‘’Here it comes.’’ Jisoo thought

‘’You told Chaeyoung that I have feelings for her?!’’ Jennie almost shouted at Jisoo.

‘’Well…yeah indirectly though but…uhm is ‘our two friends’ indirectly?’’ Jisoo chuckled nervously and Jennie wanted to come over and strangle Jisoo with her bare hands

‘’Kim Jisoo be thankful that we’re not seeing each other personally now or else you’ll be having nightmare about me.’’

‘’I already said sorry Jendeukie’’ Jennie could hear Jisoo pouting. Jennie sighed ‘’So that’s why Chaeyoung was a bit tense with me when we were stuck in the attic…’’

‘’Well, we’re fine Jisoo-unnie.’’

‘’What do you mean Jendeukie? Did you talk to her about your feelings?’’

‘’No!’’ Jennie shouted and started to recap to Jisoo what happened in Chaeyoung’s house when they visited her.

‘’Wow…I guess Mrs. Kim is fate in disguised then?’’

Jennie wanted to laugh if the situation wasn’t so complicated ‘’I hate to say this but maybe you’re right about that’’ She chuckled and the night went on with the two Kims making sure to each other that they’re okay and strengthened their bond once more.

After hanging up the phone with Jisoo, her phone suddenly rang. Jennie’s face was grim but answered it nonetheless

‘’What’s up monkey?’’

A groan was heard ‘’Not you too. I’m not a monkey’’

Jennie chuckled ‘’Well, you look like one’’

‘’Anyway, I didn’t call for us to talk about how I look like a monkey’’ She said ‘’I called because…I want to say that you better enjoy your Christmas vacation with my girlfriend Jen’’

Jennie was shocked at that ‘’W-What?’’ She spoke out ‘’Is this really you Lisa?’’

Lisa pouted ‘’Hey! I know I get jealous easily but Chaeyoung changed me okay?’’ She said ‘’Anyways, we had a fight earlier and…it made me realize some things.’’

‘’I know you still have feelings for her Jen…and I know that when you come back, maybe it’s even stronger’’ Lisa said softly ‘’Look, I don’t want you getting hurt okay? So can you please for a week, forget about your feelings and just enjoy the vacation…as best friends?’’

Jennie’s heart clenched in guilt before speaking ‘’…I can’t promise anything Lisa, but I’ll try okay? For you’’

Lisa smiled thoughtfully ‘’Thanks Jen, that still means a lot to me.’’ She said ‘’Good night Jen’’

Jennie smiled ‘’Good night Lisa’’

Jennie sighed as she closed her phone and closed her eyes ‘’I’m sorry Lisa…but I have to take that one last chance…’’

The four girls now slept with a light heart now knowing the four of them are still as strong as ever…but will fate change it when Christmas is now just around the corner? We’ll see to it as the story continues…