Her Birthday Pt. 2

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

I've been listening to Best Part by H.E.R and Daniel Ceasar and it's really an amazing song. I would really suggest listening to that and even better if it's a certain Blackpink member's version


‘’Okay seriously where are we going?’’

Lisa grinned and clasped Chaeyoung’s hand with her eagerly

‘’So you know I’ve been into VR for quite a while now…’’

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows urging her to continue what she’s saying

‘’And I really got into this archery game’’ Lisa said excitedly ‘’I swear by the end of this day, I’m going to be like Katniss!’’

Chaeyoung’s heart started beating fast ‘’So you mean we're going…’’

Lisa stopped and presented Chaeyoung the building that has a sign of 'Archery' written with a figure holding a bow and arrow.

‘’Yup! We’re going to play archery my dear girlfriend!’’ Lisa smiled cheekily ‘’Prepare to lose to your hot girlfriend!’’

When they entered the building, Chaeyoung smiled in nostalgia remembering a certain brunette teaching her how to play archery. ''I miss her so much...''

‘’So chipmunk, have you played archery before?’’ Lisa asked as Chaeyoung looked at her thoughtfully

‘’Well,’’ Chaeyoung looked deep in thought, remembering the way Jennie held her as she taught her how to shoot the bulls eye… her warm hands, how her breath hitched hearing her wifey whisper softly to her ears, her proud eyes when she shot the bulls eyes...

‘’Chipmunk?’’ Lisa looked at her strangely since she’s smiling like a fool, and blushing a bit

Chaeyoung snapped out of her stupor ‘’O-Oh yeah I know some things’’

Lisa looked at her with a horrified look ‘’That’s so unfair!’’ Lisa pouted ‘’Whatever, I’m still going to win this thing’’

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’So does that mean we’re going to have bets?’’ Her eyes twinkled in competitiveness

Lisa smirked while she was signing up her and Chaeyoung’s name at the reception desk

‘’Definitely.’’

As they are being prepped, Lisa kept shooting imaginary arrows everywhere making the instructor panic a bit and Chaeyoung laugh at her goofiness

‘’Why are you like this?!’’ Chaeyoung laughed as Lisa rolled the ground and shot an arrow under her

‘’I told you babe, I’m going to be Katniss’’ Lisa then shot an arrow to her heart ‘’And I aim for you love’’ She winked

Chaeyoung pretended to gag at the cheesiness of what Lisa said making the maknae pout at her cutely

‘’You’re so cheesy that I would most likely not eat cheese ever again’’

‘’Oh come on, you eat everything’’

‘’Well yeah unless there’s a cheese avocado…’’

Lisa cackled like crazy ‘’What the heck are you talking about?!’’

Chaeyoung smiled widely, it felt good making Lisa happy like this ‘’It was just a joke pabo’’

Lisa raise her bow easily and listened eagerly to the instructor, wanting to get the teaching over with.

Chaeyoung just nodded and already got into position since she already did this before

‘’With Jennie…’’

Her mind drifted off again to the cat-eyed girl as she remembered again Jennie’s warmth behind her while aiming for the bulls eye. She released her breath at the same time se released her arrow

‘’Wow! You’re amazing babe!’’ Lisa exclaimed in awe ‘’You already hit the bulls eye?! That’s so unfair!’’

Lisa stomped her foot and narrowed her eyes to concentrate like she’s on her final exams. She released the arrow and…

‘’What?! I swear when I hit the first arrow in the VR, it hit a head!’’

Chaeyoung laughed seeing Lisa’s arrow feeling at home at the number 2 mark. ‘’Well, it’s just the first arrow. It might be just luck. Let’s go get some practices in then we’ll have our real match’’

‘’I swear my luck will prevail this time!’’ Lisa’s eyes were in fire with determination and got into position as she and Chaeyoung began to shoot arrows and pretty soon...they were having their bets.


‘’HOW DO YOU KEEP HITTING THOSE 10’S!?!’’

Chaeyoung laughed at Lisa’s comical action to the point her stomach is hurting from how hard she’s laughing. She’s sure that tears are also visible in her eyes as she glanced at Lisa’s mark seeing several arrows on different marks. Some hit 10’s in which Lisa danced happily on, some were 7 to 9 which honestly were pretty good in Chaeyoung’s opinion, and maybe half of her arrows are in the 1 to 6 marks…The worst was 2 arrows getting really off the target which means no scores.

However in Chaeyoung’s mark? Most of them were in the 10’s and 9’s. Few of them landed on the 7’s and 8’s. The lowest Chaeyoung probably hit is 5 because Lisa suddenly poked her at the sides

‘’I just have really great luck I guess’’ Chaeyoung winked smugly

‘’This is so unfair! You must have some secret that kept you hitting those perfect shots!’’ Lisa glared at her accusingly ‘’Did somebody taught you?!’’

Chaeyoung stammered remembering her wifey again ‘’I-I uhm, maybe?’’

‘’That’s so unfair!’’ Lisa crossed her arms

‘’Hey! You were the one who cheated by poking me by the sides!’’

‘’Because you’re being too good!’’

‘’At least I’m not cheating!’’

The two girlfriends glared at each other before suddenly bursting into laughter.

‘’Honestly?’’ Lisa chuckled, her eyes twinkling in happiness looking at the laughing Chaeyoung. It felt really good to see her girlfriend so happy because of her, and she swore to herself to keep it that way.

‘’You’re just really perfect babe’’

Lisa leaned in to kiss Chaeyoung on the lips and closed her eyes. Chaeyoung let out a small sigh and kissed her back, enjoying the moment.

However as Chaeyoung opened her eyes while kissing her girlfriend tenderly, her eyes widened in shock to see cat eyes in front of her that suddenly made Chaeyoung pull away looking like a thunderbolt hit her.

Lisa giggled ‘’Sorry, don’t want people giving us weird looks’’ She said while biting her lips to hold back her wide smile ‘’Let’s go someplace else then? I think our time is almost up anyway’’ Lisa grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand and told the instructor that they’re done for the day.

As they were getting out of their equipment, Chaeyoung couldn’t help but think about Jennie...again. She was in deep of her thoughts, like her heart is beating like crazy when she saw that cat eyes which reminded her of a certain wifey. She bit her lips in nervousness while glancing at Lisa with that same emotion.

‘’I really have to tell her soon…but can I really tell it to her on my birthday when she’s in her element?’’

Chaeyoung glanced at her phone but it was empty of messages and sighed sadly

‘’I miss you wifey…why aren’t you greeting me on my birthday?’’ She thought solemnly


‘’You look beautiful’’

Chaeyoung looked at Lisa as they walked around the mall where Lisa took her as part of the tour months ago. She smiled a bit remembering the memories and Lisa gave her a piggy back since she lost the bet

‘’Thank you’’ She blushed shyly ‘’You’re beautiful too you know?’’

‘’I know’’ Lisa bragged jokingly ‘’I’m your hot and badass girlfriend of course’’

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes playfully ‘’So what does the winner get?’’

‘’What winner?’’ Lisa said innocently while blinking her eyes like a child

Chaeyoung cooed at her cuteness and flicked her forehead

‘’Ow!’’ Lisa rubbed her forehead ‘’Not funny babe’’

‘’You’re not funny’’ Chaeyoung giggled ‘’You said that there was a bet earlier, so what do I get?’’

‘’Uhm…the kiss from earlier?’’ Lisa grinned cheekily at her

Chaeyoung shook her head but a smile is playing on her lips ‘’Anyways, what’s next in Lisa’s grand tour birthday edition?’’

Lisa looked at the time and it looks like the sun is about to set, they were together for almost a whole day. She felt really accomplished on making her girlfriend's birthday worth it, and now the next part is probably her girlfriend's favorite part.

‘’Come on you must be hungry walking around the mall like hours’’ Lisa winked at her

‘’I’m so glad you noticed. I was starting to get worried that you don’t know me well enough’’ Chaeyoung joked

Lisa giggled and admired Chaeyoung from her peripheral vision as they walked towards their next destination.

Chaeyoung look stunned to enter a fancy looking restaurant while Lisa talked to the receptionist

‘’Ah yes reservations for Manoban’’ Lisa smiled and it faltered when she remembered something ‘’And also…make the table for two.’’

The receptionist nodded as the two waited for the waiter to guide them to the table

‘’Hey,’’ Chaeyoung noticed Lisa’s sudden quiet mood ‘’Is there something on your mind?’’

Chaeyoung’s soft voice made Lisa smile and squeeze their hands together ‘’Yeah…’’ Lisa remembered the two Kims replies earlier and it really dampen her mood that they would end the day not complete together. Jisoo and Jennie’s birthday were a blast because they’re complete. It smells really fishy for Lisa to notice the two Kims not giving any effort for the chipmunk next to her.

‘’Hey chipmunk’’ Lisa voiced out making Chaeyoung look at her curiously

‘’Did you and the other two fought or something?’’

The question made Chaeyoung freeze a bit since she and Jisoo are in awkward terms to each other, and Jennie is being distant since the start of the month…

‘’Well, not that I know of…’’ Chaeyoung whispered enough for Lisa to hear

‘’Hey’’ Lisa smiled and put her hand to Chaeyoung’s cheeks ‘’I’m sure all will be alright okay? I’m sorry for asking about that and ruining the mood…’’

‘’It’s okay’’ Chaeyoung gave her a small smile ‘’You’ve been with me the whole day for my birthday and made me really happy, I could never thank you enough’’

‘’A kiss would be nice’’

Chaeyoung laughed and kissed Lisa on the cheeks. The younger girl pouted ad pointed to her lips ‘’You’re missing a spot’’

Chaeyoung gulped remembering what happened earlier, but before she could do it, the waiter gestured for them to follow his lead. Chaeyoung thanked the God of time for that timing as she and Lisa followed the waiter towards their table.

‘’Wow Lisa’’ Chaeyoung said in awe as she looks around the fancy restaurant with red wines on their table ‘’How did you afford all this?’’

Lisa giggled and put her hand at the top of Chaeyoung’s ‘’You deserve the best chipmunk, and I gave you just that’’

‘’You’re so sweet you know that?’’ Chaeyoung smiled tearfully, she couldn't believe how the other girl gave her very best just to let her have a great birthday, and she realizes that she really doesn't want to let Lisa go from her life...

She really deserves the truth...and Chaeyoung just needs to have the right courage to tell it. She glanced at the red wine...maybe it'll help her?

‘’Only for you’’ Lisa said sweetly before lifting her own wine glass to Chaeyoung’s

‘’Wine?’’

Chaeyoung clicked her glass with Lisa’s ‘’Cheers then’’

‘’Cheers to my beautiful girlfriend’’

Chaeyoung and Lisa drank the rather sweet wine and as Chaeyoung put down her wine, her eyes widened once again to see Jennie in place of Lisa wearing her gummy smile.

 

She shook her head furiously and rubbed her eyes a bit

 

To now see Lisa looking at her in concern

 

‘’Are you okay chipmunk?’’ Lisa asked with worry in her voice ‘’Is the wine too much? I swear there’s not much alcoholic content in there’’

Chaeyoung’s mind flashed to Jennie’s mischievous smirk

‘’Yeah, and not just any wine…’’ Jennie grinned and turned the wine around pointing to something specific ‘’It has more alcoholic contents’’

Her own lips quirk up in a smile remembering her dumpling. Chaeyoung did a double talk

 

‘’Her dumpling?’’

 

She’s already owning Jennie when her girlfriend is across her looking at her with concern. Chaeyoung bit her lips and drank more of her wine despite her worrying girlfriend to gain more liquid courage

‘’Lisa…’’ Chaeyoung spoke out while her fists clenched in nervousness

‘’What is it babe? Are you really okay?’’ Lisa asked worriedly

‘’Yeah I’m fine it’s just…’’ Chaeyoung took a deep breath and looked at Lisa straight in the eyes

‘’I have something to tell you’’

‘’What is it babe?’’

‘’I…’’ Chaeyoung can feel her palms getting hurt with how hard she’s clenching her fist ‘’I’ve ki-‘’

‘’Happy birthday!’’

The two girls jumped in surprise seeing many employees of the restaurant suddenly surrounding them and singing the happy birthday song

‘’Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!’’ The employees sang quite in tune probably because they’re used to it now

‘’Happy birthday dear Park Chaeyoung’’ Lisa suddenly smiled and sang that line ‘’Happy birthday to you!’’

The people around their table clapped at the wonderful performance and greeted Chaeyoung a happy birthday in which Chaeyoung returned with a polite nod and thankful smile. Her heart felt full that Lisa have gone to great lengths to make this happen

‘’Blow out the candle chipmunk!’’ Lisa grinned

Chaeyoung looked at the candles placed on a mini cake. Making a quick wish in her mind she blew out the candles and they all cheered once again. Chaeyoung thanked them as the buzz around the room began to die down and the employees went back to their work.

‘’You planned this don’t you?’’ Chaeyoung giggled

‘’Yeah, I kind of signaled then when you suddenly began shaking your head like you drank something strong. it was the only way I could signal them before you could get suspicious if I waved like a maniac’’ Lisa joked and pecked Chaeyoung to her lips, leaning across the table 

‘’I love you Chaeyoung’’ She whispered at her lips

‘’Thank you Lisa’’ Chaeyoung whispered back and she’s really grateful to have known the girl in front of her.

‘’Thank you so much for this…’’

‘’As I’ve promise, I want to make you happy’’ Lisa smiled at her lovingly ‘’And I’m happy that I can be the reason that makes you happy in your special day.’’

Chaeyoung wanted to cry at how sweet the younger girl in front of her…but when Lisa kissed her just now and from earlier, all she sees as she opens her eyes are cat eyes. Her heart beats fast just at the thought of the other girl that’s in her heart. She wanted so much to return those three words to Lisa…

 

But it’s really different now.

 

‘’How did I deserve all this?’’

 

Lisa is just too sweet…and Chaeyoung doesn’t know how the hell will she take it seeing that happiness in Lisa’s eyes right now disappear if she told her about what happened in New Zealand.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath. She’ll tell her soon. It’s too cruel to tell Lisa right now especially since the day is too special for the both of them.

Their foods arrived, another perfect timing in Chaeyoung’s opinion, and they dug in. Chaeyoung glanced at the beaming Lisa in front of her and eating properly since they’re in a formal restaurant.

Chaeyoung smiled fondly and just decided to enjoy this day with Lisa, ignoring the pang in her heart that this might be the last time that she’ll hang out with Lisa like this…

 

She'll tell her...

 

Tomorrow


After their eventful dinner, the two girlfriends are walking home right now hand in hand, chatting about their day as the moon shined above them.

‘’Thank you again Lis for this day’’ Chaeyoung smiled at her gratefully ‘’My birthday’s been fun because of you…’’

Lisa grinned ‘’I’m glad I could make you feel all that then’’ She reached for her pocket and blinked. She pats her body trying to feel where she put the ring box while letting out a silent groan.

‘’Uh Lis?’’ Chaeyoung giggled ‘’I know you’re hot but why are you feeling yourself up?’’

Lisa blushed in embarrassment and cleared ‘’Oh uhm…nothing’’ She lied, she can’t let Chaeyoung find out because she told her. She wants to do it in a grand way

Lisa eagerly kissed Chaeyoung on the lips before pulling away with a dazzling smile ‘’Text me when you’re going to sleep okay?’’

‘’I will don’t worry. Thank you so much Lisa-yah, for everything’’ Chaeyoung smiled sweetly at her before bidding her good bye as she entered her house.

Lisa watch her with a smile and as soon as Chaeyoung entered, she sprinted towards her house while yelling out curses

‘’Of all the things I’ve forgotten, it’s got to be the ring!’’ Lisa exclaimed in frustration.

She entered her house like a madwoman and began looking around the house

‘’Oh dear God don’t tell me I misplaced it too!’’ Lisa stomped angrily ‘’I have to buy Chaeyoung some flowers too to make it a more perfect ending of her birthday…’’

Lisa glanced around the house and time before a flower shop closes. She sighed and began looking around

Looks like it’s going to take her some time before she could give Chaeyoung, but Lisa’s determined to give it to her today even if it took her all night.


Chaeyoung entered her house with a sigh, looking at her phone and seeing still no messages from the other two people in her life.

‘’Did I really upset them that much?’’ Chaeyoung said sadly before chuckling bitterly ''Who am I kidding...''

‘’Oh dear! You’re finally home’’ Mrs. Park exclaimed seeing her daughter and hugged her

‘’Happy birthday to my angel’’

‘’Thanks mom’’ Chaeyoung hugged her mother back tenderly ‘’And of course I’ll be home unless you want me to pack my bags’’ She joked

Mrs. Park shook her head and an excited smile in on her lips making Chaeyoung look at her strangely. ‘’Oh no dear, I’m just happy that you enjoyed your day, and maybe night as well’’

‘’Okay?’’ Chaeyoung looked at her mom before shrugging ‘’I haven’t even told her what just happened…’’

‘’Well I’m going to my room to change and probably sleep’’

‘’Have you eaten dinner dear?’’ Mrs. Park asked

‘’Hm? Oh yeah but I think I’ll eat again. Me and Lisa walked from the mall up to my house anyways’’ Chaeyoung said ‘’I’ll be down soon.’’

Mrs. Park giggled ‘’Oh dear, looks like you’ll take longer upstairs then’’ She stretched her body and decided to go to bed already with her husband.

Chaeyoung walk towards her room and felt something strange. She didn’t know why but her heart is beating faster than normal, and she could feel her steps are lighter?

She looked at the door of her room with narrowed eyes ‘’Why do I get a feeling that…’’ She shook her head and opened her door to just change.

 

But that’s definitely not the case

 

Because there in her room

 

Is Jennie Kim giving her that special gummy grin of hers with lots of roses scattered around her room, a dining table covered with white cloth with the sweet aroma of delicious foods that immediately went towards Chaeyoung’s nose, the candle at the middle of the table lighting up the dark room as well as the fairy lights around them, the guitar in Jennie’s hands, and last but not the least, the big ‘Happy Birthday Hubby!’ by her windows.

 

Chaeyoung's mouth dropped in shock and heart is overwhelmed at the hard work that Jennie has in her tiny body, transforming her typical girl room into a romantic one. Tears are starting to form in her eyes as she missed the older girl so much…

 

And it only fell when Jennie suddenly started playing the guitar as the cat-eyed girl open to sing in a velvety voice that Chaeyoung rarely hears

 

You don’t know babe

When you hold me

And kiss me slowly

It’s the sweetest thing

And it don’t change

If I have it my way

You would know that you are

Chaeyoung could feel herself melt at the sweet voice her wifey has as she listened intently at the song which was quite new to her ears

You’re the coffee that I need in the morning

You’re the sunshine in the rain when it’s pouring

Won’t you give yourself to me

Give it all

Jennie winked at her as she sang those lyrics making the younger girl giggle and look at her with such loving eyes that it gave Jennie more confidence to serenade the birthday girl

I just wanna see

I just wanna see how beautiful you are

You know that I see it

I know you’re a star

Where you go I follow

No matter how far

If life was a movie

Oh you’re the best part

Oh, Oh you’re the best part

Oh, Oh best part

Chaeyoung didn’t know the song but from the way Jennie sang the lyrics from the bottom of her heart made her immediately love the song and made a mental note to download it later…

 

It would be better to record Jennie singing it so that it would be more special but right now?

 

She’s just enjoying the moment

 

It's the sunrise

And those brown eyes, yes

You're the one that I desire

When we wake up

And then we make love

It makes me feel so nice

Jennie looked at Chaeyoung straight in the eyes and knew to herself that Chaeyoung’s the one she really desires like in the song. A happy blush evident on both of their faces but their dazzling smiles are a dead giveaway of what they really feel towards each other.

You're my water when I'm stuck in the desert

You're the Tylenol I take when my head hurts

You're the sunshine on my life

Thankful for the strap of her guitar so that she could sing while standing, she walked towards Chaeyoung slowly while delivering the song in the most romantic way she can think of.

She wants to high-five herself for planning this sudden surprise and seeing Chaeyoung accepting her with open arms and crying eyes as Jennie continued to sing with all the feelings in her tiny body.

I just wanna see how beautiful you are

You know that I see it

I know you're a star

Where you go I follow

No matter how far

If life is a movie

Then you're the best part, oh oh oh

You're the best part, oh oh oh

Best part

If you love me won't you say something

If you love me won't you

Won't you

If you love me won't you say something

If you love me won't you

‘’Love me won’t you’’ Jennie belted out the last soft note and at that time, she’s already in front of Chaeyoung who was now wiping away her tears but it just kept on coming while looking at Jennie with such happiness that Jennie could feel it in her heart.

‘’Happy birthday hubby’’ Jennie whispered sweetly

Chaeyoung sobbed and tackled Jennie to a bone-crushing hug. Jennie took a step backward from the force and patted Chaeyoung’s back to comfort her.

‘’I-I thought you would forget about me’’ Chaeyoung’s muffled cries on her shoulders ‘’I-I…’’

‘’Shhh hubby’’ Jennie soothed her ‘’I’m here now, and I’m sorry for making you feel I forgot your special day.’’

Jennie let go of the hug and wiped away her tears, cupping her cheeks and smiling to herself on how much she misses this chipmunk cheeks ‘’Let me make it up to you’’

Jennie led Chaeyoung to the table and chairs that Jennie set up by herself (Well, with a little bit of help form Mrs. Park) and took off her guitar strap to place it on Chaeyoung’s bed.

‘’I hope you like Kimchi Fried Rice’’

Chaeyoung’s eyes lit up smelling the delicious aroma of the food ‘’Did you…cook this by yourself?’’

Jennie winked ‘’I am your wifey’’ She said smugly

Chaeyoung chuckled and looked at her lovingly as Jennie sat down across Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung feels like they’re in a romantic private restaurant with a candle between them, fairy lights surrounded as their only source of light in the room. She stared at Jennie’s illuminated face and she could feel her heart flutter

‘’How did I get so lucky?’’ was all she could think of. She really doesn't know why she deserves all these loving gestures...

‘’Shall we eat?’’ Jennie smiled at her warmly and poured red wine from both of the wine glass besides them ‘’If you’re wondering where I got this wine’’

Jennie looked at her with nostalgia in her eyes ‘’My dad bought it when we were in Waiheke Island’’

Chayeoung blinked ‘’So…is this the same one?’’

Jennie shook her head in negative ‘’Nope, but apparently this is sweeter and’’ She chuckled ‘’Less alcoholic content’’

‘’After all, I want you to remember my surprise’’ Jennie grinned making Chaeyoung chuckle

‘’And I want to wake up tomorrow with no hangover and’’ Chaeyoung sent her a teasing smile ‘’no sickness please’’

Jennie giggled, her eyes twinkling in amusement ‘’Aww you don’t want to take care of me?’’

‘’I love taking care of you’’ Chaeyoung grinned ‘’You look adorable and not so badass when you’re sick’’ Chaeyoung looked thoughtful for a moment before speaking out again

‘’Well, actually you’re more aggressive when you’re sick’’

Jennie rolled her eyes but a smile is playing on her lips ‘’Whatever’’

They began to eat with Jennie laughing lightly at Chaeyoung’s little dance after eating what she cooked. Her heart warmed seeing her hubby enjoying what she made, heck even made her proud of herself.

‘’I could get used to this’’ Jennie thought with a smile while observing Chaeyoung as they eat. She could already imagine the domestic life for their future.

They continued to eat in silent contentment until they finished all their food while giggling and sharing small talks. It was so comfortable that they didn’t notice they got quiet afterwards, just looking at each other with beaming smiles and eyes, like they’re silently communicating.

‘’I didn’t know you can cook’’ Chaeyoung commented ‘’It was really delicious wifey’’

‘’There’s a lot of things you still don’t know about me hubby’’ Jennie smirked ‘’You better stick around to find out more of them’’

‘’I’m planning to’’

They giggled at each other like schoolgirls in love as Chaeyoung gazed at Jennie with adoration ‘’She’s so perfect’’

‘’Thank you wifey…’’ Chaeyoung suddenly spoke out softly and holding Jennie’s hand across from her ‘’This is…this is just so perfect’’

Jennie smiled and leaned towards Chaeyoung ‘’No hubby’’ She whispered ‘’You’re perfect’’

‘’And I’m lucky that I fell in love to someone like you’’

Chaeyoung bit her lips, her heart bursting and she's literally couldn't believe all of this is happening right now and what she's hearing are just delusions from her head from how much she missed the older girl.

But from the way Jennie said it to her? She felt like she could truly believe it. She could feel the confidence and sincerity that it’s making her let out tears again, not knowing to herself that she’s also leaning towards Jennie, their foreheads touching now.

 

‘’You’re an amazing person Jennie Kim’’ Chaeyoung whispered lovingly at her

 

Jennie let out a smile that can almost beat the stars on how bright it is

 

Their eyes screamed passion and with the moment taking over them

 

Their lips met in a soft gentle kiss

 

Jennie held Chaeyoung’s cheek and kissed her deeper, relieving this perfect moment once again. Chaeyoung smiled into the kiss and let Jennie kiss her the way she also loves to be kissed.

 

Passionate

 

Sweet

 

And full of love

 

And as they kissed, they shut down the world around them to enjoy this heart-warming moment.

 

They never did hear footsteps nearing the room

 

They never did hear the door opening

 

However…

 

They did hear a loud gasp that made them pull away from their kiss and looked at the source

 

And they did hear their heart drop seeing Lisa looking at them with wide eyes and trembling hands which were carrying a ring box and a bouquet of flowers

 

Lisa looked between Chaeyoung and Jennie…the way they held and looked at each other, the kiss that she just saw, and the way Chaeyoung’s room was decorated in a romantic setting.

Oh she really knew what just happened as her voice died down, her own throat betraying her because of how the rush of pain attacked her all of the sudden. So sudden that Lisa could feel her body being numb and unable to move or even breath.

Chaeyoung looked horrified having to be caught in this way…the worst way that she could have thought in her wildest imagination, and it’s actually unfolding in front of her eyes. ‘’No…not like this’’ She looked at the tearing eyes of her girlfriend

 

If she could still even call her that

 

“No…’’ Chaeyoung opened to say something but no words were coming out

Lisa is frozen in shock like her body’s been hit a strike of lightning leaving her paralyzed, dropping the flowers on her hand and gripping the ring box tightly on the other

''O-oh...'' She said brokenly

 

''I-I...Y-you''

 

Tears are now flowing from her eyes. She looked once again at the close proximity of the two as if wanting it to disappear and make her think that this is just a dream.

But the way Jennie held Chaeyoung's cheeks, how their lips were locked moments ago, and how she could hear her heart shattering like a glass thrown everywhere, Lisa knows this is not just a dream…

 

But a nightmare

 

Her worst fear coming true and in front of her own eyes.

 

''I-I guess I won't be needing this anymore'' Lisa lets out a dry laugh before turning around and running away, the bouquet of flowers messing up the floor, joining the rest of the flowers that Jennie set at the floor…

 

‘’Lisa…’’ Chaeyoung pulled away from Jennie and run towards her

 

‘’Lisa wait!’’ Chaeyoung yelled but the tall girl was fast, already going down the stairs

 

‘’Lisa wait please let me explain!’’

 

Lisa turned around so suddenly that Chaeyoung has to take a step back so that she wouldn’t collide with her.

 

And took another step back because she was slapped so hard at the cheek that her head whipped from the other side. Chaeyoung bit her lip to withheld the pain and slowly looked at the trembling hand that just slapped her

 

No words were needed to say as Chaeyoung could feel her heart in anguish seeing Lisa looking at her with so much hurt and hate.

 

Lisa looked up behind Chaeyoung seeing Jennie creeping towards the. She sneered and glared at the older girl so hard that Jennie flinched from it.

 

Without saying another word, Lisa turned around and ran away from the house. Chaeyoung could hear the loud sob that escaped from Lisa’s lips the moment she was out of the door.

 

The stinging pain that she could feel on her cheek is burning, physically and emotionally. She just hurt one of the most important people in her life in the most horrible way.

‘’If only’’ Chaeyoung choked out a sob ‘’If only I was brave enough to tell her the truth than finding out this way’’ She was supposed to tell her everything tomorrow...

''But...'' She sobbed, looks like it accelerated than she thought. Maybe this is God's way of punishing her for taking so long, and now she's paying the price of her mistake.

Chaeyoung crashed to her knees and cried silently. Her hand going to her heart as the feeling of guilt and hurt send tremors all around her body. When earlier she was feeling the highest she has been...now she's feeling like the lowest scum on Earth, all because of her cowardice and fear. 

Jennie took a deep breath and walked towards Chaeyoung with tentative steps

‘’Hubby…’’

Jennie didn’t mean to have Lisa find out like that. She thought that since Lisa spent the whole day with Chaeyoung, she could surprise Chaeyoung on her own at night. Jennie felt guilty that Lisa has to find out this way, and she felt hurt seeing the love of her life crying her eyes out probably from everything right now.

 

She’s at lost

 

This actually kind of her fault anyways…she then remembered what Jisoo said

''Tell Lisa the truth before everything blows up. I won't tell her because she deserves to know the truth from your mouths...not mine.''

Jennie chuckled sadly ‘’Looks like you were right Jisoo…’’

 

Everything did blow up

 

She placed a hand on Chaeyoung’s shoulder but the younger girl shrugged it off

‘’Hubby please’’ Jennie spoke out softly ‘’Don’t cry please. We’ll fix this’’

‘’Go away’’ Chaeyoung whispered loud enough for Jennie to hear and Jennie could feel the night crashing down to ashes

 

‘’Please just go away…’’

 

Jennie felt her heart clench and hugged Chaeyoung tightly as she whispered back ''If you want me to go away from your life so that you wouldn't get hurt anymore...so be it''

 

Jennie kissed Chaeyoung on the forehead

 

''I love you...''

 

Once again, her heart shattered. Chaeyoung didn't mean her words that way and God...

 

This is worse than what she went through last year.

 

Just like that, Jennie left her as well…

 

Leaving behind a broken-hearted Chaeyoung.

 

Her birthday finished.