My Type

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

As soon as the dance auditions ended, many students approached Chaeyoung as they gushed at how great and hot her dance was making the chipmunk-like girl blush. She thanked them for their comments and was about to walk away but a couple of guys and even girls started asking her for her number

‘’Uhmm I don’t think I shoul-‘’ Chaeyoung was a bit uncomfortable but was cut off by Jisoo ‘’Okay that’s enough flirting guys. Can’t you see she’s getting uncomfortable.’’ Most backed away but still insisted on getting her number. Jennie got irritated and stepped in, mustering her and intimidating face.

‘’Hey! Are you guys thick-headed or what?’’ Jennie growled making the crowd step away from the intimidating girl. No one wants a taste of Jennie’s wrath as she was known for her temper after all.

‘’She knows Jennie?’’

‘’Well I do see them to school together…’’

‘’I even saw them holding hands!’’

‘’No way!’’

Jennie rolled her eyes at the whispers of the crowd ‘’We can hear you know.’’ She stepped besides Chaeyoung who was getting embarassed at the attention they were attracting ‘’If you want Chaeyoung’s number, you better ask her for it because you want to be friends.’’ She then sneered ‘’Not because you want her body.’’ She saw some people looking away at what she said and blushing ‘’Typical hormonal people.’’

Jennie grabbed Chayoung’s hand and pushed their way through the crowd with Jisoo and Lisa following them chuckling at what Jennie did.

‘’Who do they think they are?’’ Jennie mumbled as they arrived at the gate of their school. ‘’Unnie you’re holding my hand too tight…’’ Jennie heard Chaeyoung and immediately let go of her hand ‘’Sorry.’’ She said and seeing Chaeyoung smiling at her made her look away ‘’I just don’t like the way they’re staring at you.’’

Chaeyoung giggled and hugged Jennie in appreciation ‘’Thank you for sticking up with me….’’ Jennie cough, her cheeks tinted pink ‘’No problem.’’

  ‘’Though you look so cool and badass back there’’ Chaeyoung pulled away from the hug to wink at her causing Jennie to turn away to hide her reddening cheeks.

Jisoo laughed ‘’That’s Jendeukie for you.’’ She said ‘’A year ago when people asked for our numbers, Jennie is the one who rejected them all and being the intimidating girl she is, most people back away from us and never asked for our number again.’’

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows ‘’This adorable human being is our bodyguard?’’ She joked

‘’Yah stop it! Let’s go home already.’’ Jennie shouted at them making them laugh at her embarrassment.

‘’Yah chipmunk, I knew you could dance but man’’ Lisa started to fan her face like it was summer already ‘’Your dance is hotter than the sun!’’

Chaeyoung pinched Lisa’s arm making the said girl yelp ‘’I don’t know if that’s suppose to flatter me but I still think that you dance better than me.’’

‘’You saw me dance?’’

Chaeyoung nodded and said ‘’Yeah, I watched both you and Jennie’s audition.’’ Lisa and Jennie suddenly felt self-conscious ‘’How was it?’’ Lisa asked trying to sound normal not anxious.

‘’As I’ve said, both of you dance better than me especially you Lisa’’ Chaeyoung pointed out ‘’It’s like you were born to dance or something.’’

‘’Lisa doesn’t really dance.’’ Jisoo said ‘’She’s just blessed with it.’’

Chaeyoung laugh when Lisa threw Jisoo a glare in which the oldest respond with a stick of her tongue.

‘’Then why didn’t you show yourself to us?” Jennie asked. Chaeyoung blushed ‘’Me and Jisoo-unnie are talking about what I should dance.’’ She cleared ‘’I was really protesting about the Partition since uhmm…I think it’s too much for a dance audition?’’ Jennie suddenly remembered the grinding part making her feel hot again so she pointed her finger to Jisoo to distract herself ‘’So you were the one who forced this little angel to dance that song!’’

Jisoo raised her hands up in surrender ‘’It’s not like you didn’t like it though’’ She teased Jennie and Lisa, who sputtered nonsense while yelling at their unnie.

‘’Jisoo!’’


It was now Friday and Chaeyoung was nervously fidgeting her fingers as the four of them started to head towards the audition for the singing club. ‘’What if I screw up?’’ Chaeyoung bit her lip. She surprisingly convinced the three to not audition yesterday since Chaeyoung hasn’t practiced with her guitar yet. So last night, she browse through all the songs she knew and picked one for her audition as she practiced all night long.

‘’Why so nervous Chaeyoungie?’’ Jisoo called out to her. “I know that habit of yours. You always fidget your fingers when you’re nervous.’’ She pointed out.

‘’How long are they friends?’’ Jennie curiously thought. For sure they must have hanged out for Jisoo to know Chayoung inside and out, but decided to listen to their conversation.

‘’I’m just overthinking unnie’’ Chaeyoung shakily smiled ‘’If I screw up or make a fool of myself…’’

Jisoo raised her eyebrows ‘’You’re kidding right?’’ Then she pointed out all the stares they were getting and when Chaeyoung looked, they looked away nervously ‘’You’re probably the IT girl in this school right now thanks to your stunt at the dance audition.’’

‘’Because you chose that kind of song.’’ Chaeyoung mumbled

''But you agreed to it.'' Jisoo pointed out ''So I'm not at fault here''

''That's only because it is the latest song I've danced to.''

Lisa slang her arm around Chaeyoung’s shoulder ‘’Don’t worry chipmunk. I know you’ll do great.’’ Lisa cheered her up ‘’Now let me see that smile!’’

Chaeyoung held back her smile at the youngest cuteness ‘’What smile?’’

Lisa frowned and pinched her cheeks and stretching it into a smile ‘’The chipmunk smile. I want to see the chipmunk smile!’’ Lisa used her aegyo while Jisoo and Jennie cringed

Chaeyoung burst out of laughter and smiled brightly at the maknae ‘’There’s that chipmunk smile!’’

‘’I swear only Chaeyoung can handle Lisa’s aegyo don’t you think Jennie?’’ Jisoo said. Jennie rolled her eyes but nodded ‘’She must be an angle to withstand someone like Lisa.’’

‘’I can hear you guys you know.’’ Lisa crossed her arms at them ‘’I’m not that bad of a person right chipmunk?’’

Chaeyoung put her hand to her chin ‘’Hmmm let me think about it….’’

‘’Not you too!’’

‘’Aish that’s my Chaeyoungie’’ Jisoo said proudly and ruffling Chaeyoung’s hair ‘’I’ve taught her well.’’

Jennie laughed at the silly scene in front of her and shook her head. Everyday spent with these three is just the highlight of her day.

‘’Well, we’re here.’’ Jisoo said as they’ve entered the room revealing many students also auditioning for the singing club so they decided to sign up and wait for their turn as they talked and bonded even more.

When it was their turn, Jennie decided to rap a part of B.o.B’s ‘Strange Clouds’. Chaeyoung was amazed that this adorable human being can spit fire! And the way her face expression changed and sometimes locking eyes with her, she can’t help but be in awe at the show in front of her.

When it was Lisa’s turn to rap, Chaeyoung definitely know that this girl can also spit fire like Jennie and the way she moved around the beat…Chaeyoung can really see why she was the best at the dance club according to some students she talked to. Chaeyoung whistled a bit ‘’What a talented kid.’’ Jisoo chuckled ‘’That’s our maknae to you.’’

When it was Jisoo’s turn to sing, Chaeyoung closed her eyes to listen to the soothing voice of her unnie, completely making her relax. ’’Jisoo-unnie really has a nice voice’’ She sighed with the two nodding in agreement with her. Before Chaeyoung even knew it, Jisoo was finished as she was greeted with applause making her blush a bit

‘’You did great Jichu!’’ Chaeyoung grinned and hugging the eldest while Lisa kissed her cheek. Jisoo shouted at the maknae and let go of Chaeyoung’s hug. ‘’Ugh now I’m going to wash my face many times again…’’

‘’You’re so mean unnie!’’ Lisa jutted out her lower lip.

Chaeyoung fidgeted her fingers again and stopped when a hand held hers ‘’Calm down Chaeng.’’ Jennie softly smiled at her, effectively calming the younger girl down while the other two continued arguing not noticing them. ‘’You’ll do great, you’ve practiced last night so I know you can nail it.’’ Jennie encouraged her.

Chaeyoung smiled back, deciding to hold Jennie’s hand to squeeze it to emphasize her thanks ‘’Thank you unnie…’’

‘’Park Chaeyoung you’re up!’’

And just like that, Chaeyoung took a deep breath and stood up to borrow a guitar which surprised some people. It’s rare for a person to audition singing while playing an instrument.

‘’Chaeyoung can play guitar?’’ Jennie asked Jisoo who nodded with a small smile ‘’Yeah…one of the reasons I love her’’ She joked around ‘’She’s sickeningly talented.’’

Lisa eagerly decided to stay quiet to discover more of Chaeyoung. She knows that if she talks right now she won’t be stopping so she just decided to shut up.

Chaeyoung grabbed the guitar handed to her and decided to pluck some strings to check and she was satisfied at the sound along with it. ‘’Uhmm…I’m going to sing ‘Not For Long’ by B.o.B’’

Everyone stayed silent as Chaeyoung started plucking the strings creating a melodious tune and then she opened

You will be mine

Even if you're somebody elses

Girl not for long, Girl not for long

Cause I'm your type

If you've got the wrong impression

Girl not for long, girl not for long

Jennie and Lisa had their jaws dropped ‘’Incredible…’’ Jennie thought, her heart beating fast at the way Chaeyoung sings using her honey-like voice attracting everyone’s attention as she played the guitar effortlessly while singing.

Lisa couldn’t take her eyes away from the object of her crush ‘’I could listen to her sing all day…’’Her heart bursting everytime Chaeyoung smiles and looks at them.

Then came the rap part in which Chaeyoung did some lyric change but still made it sound like it was the original lyric. Jisoo was right, Park Chaeyoung is sickeningly talented. Jennie got hypnotized by her voice ''She's great..'' She said her thoughts out loud making Lisa nod her head in agreement and Jisoo smile.

And just like that, Chaeyoung finished as she was also greeted by a round of applause from the audience.

‘’You’re amazing chipmunk!’’ Lisa shouted while clapping very hard ‘’That’s my chipmunk!’’

Chaeyoung laughed at Lisa being hyper as always and returned the guitar while saying thanks as she walked back to her friends.

Jennie suddenly hugged Chaeyoung ‘’You were great! I knew you could do it’’ Jennie said excitedly, a rare moment of childishness shown making Chaeyoung’s heart flutter

‘’I didn’t know I was your type Chaeyoungie’’ Jisoo decided to tease them again ‘’I saw you looking at me, are you dedicating that song to me?’’ Jennie and Lisa scrunched their noses, they didn’t notice much since they were too busy listening to Chaeyoung’s sweet voice.

Chaeyoung suddenly blushed ‘’N-no I wasn’t!’’

‘’Then who were you dedicating that song to?’’ Jisoo grinned while flickering her eyes to the two girls beside her.

‘’N-no one unnie! It was just a song, stop teasing me geez…’’ Chaeyoung hid her face with her hands.

‘’So I’m not your type then?’’ Jisoo smirked at the fuming two girls while she laughed inside her mind.

Chaeyoung was silent so Jisoo continued talking ‘’But you’re definitely my type pasta.’’ She flirted earning glares from the two. ‘’What’s with Jisoo-unnie today?’’ Lisa thought seeing the playful smirk at the oldest’ face.

‘’I got to talk to her…There’s something weird going on around her head.’’ Jennie glanced at Jisoo before finally returning her attention to Chaeyoung.

 ‘’….Shut it’’ Chaeyoung decided to show her face to pout, her face taking in a shade of red due to Jisoo’s teasing.

‘’So who’s your type then?’’ Jisoo asked to calm down the two girls. Jisoo really knows how to shift the moods between them. All of them got really curious and decided to wait for her answer.

Chaeyoung flickered her eyes between the three before faintly blushing ‘’It’s a secret unnie.’’

Jisoo pouted, which was rare, surprising the group ‘’But whyyyyyyy?!’’

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes ‘’Even if I told you, you’re just going to tease me about it. So no.’’

‘’You’re so unfair.’’ Jisoo huffed while Chaeyoung chuckled ‘’That’s what you get for teasing me.’’ She said ‘’Besides, I don’t think I’m anyone’s type at all.’’

Jisoo rolled her eyes at her ‘’You’re so dense sometimes…maybe all the time.’’ She mumbled quietly so that no one could hear it.

After auditions ended, the four decided to go straight home since it was a tiring day. Thankfully, there are no classes tomorrow since it’s Friday so they plan to hang out if they have time and the four girls went to their own houses…

Jennie and Lisa laid down their own bed, reminiscing their day today but the highlight of it all was Chaeyoung’s audition. They imagined her singing it again and unknowingly to them they started to drift off to sleep but not with one final thought.

‘’You’re definitely my type…’’