Too Late?

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

A month and a half have passed since Lisa’s confession to Chaeyoung and the two have been inspirable for the past month. Any stranger will always mistake them as couples in which the two just shrugged it off with a shy smile.

‘’Those two are gaining attention’’ Jisoo commented as she watched their dance practice. A dance competition was coming up and the dance club have been practicing regularly after class.

Jennie rolled her eyes while drinking her bottled water, her eyes never leaving the two girls helping and having fun dancing. Jisoo looked at Jennie and sighed, Lisa apologized to them after Chaeyoung and Jennie’s ice cream day afterwards. And ever since then, they were back to normal. Hanging out after class, movie marathons at Jisoo’s house, etc. It was just like before again only this time, Jisoo also looked at where Jennie is looking ‘’Those two are being more like a couple than just flings.’’ Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung intently, observing her emotions.

‘’Jendeukie…’’ Jisoo spoke out as Jennie looked at her in question. ‘’Do you still plan on chasing after Chaeyoung?’’

‘’Of course I am’’ Jennie said with no hesitation before looking away for a bit ‘’I just…can’t seem to find a perfect moment to…’’

Jisoo faced Jennie and cut her off ‘’Jennie…don’t you think it’s time to just let go of your crush?’’ Jennie immediately glared at Jisoo ‘’Yah! How dare you unnie?! You seriously think what I feel is just a crush?!‘’

Jisoo rose her hand to stop Jennie from talking which was effective but her glare is still in place. ‘’I want to say this to you as your best friend Jendeukie. I just don’t want to see you get hurt everytime you look at those two.’’ She pointed the direction of Chaeyoung and Lisa who were now laying comfortable on the floor with their hands intertwined.

‘’Can’t you see? Chaeyoung is starting to reciprocate Lisa’s feelings, while you’re getting further away from her heart, and getting yourself hurt in the process’’ Jisoo said honestly, looking at Jennie’s eyes to prove her sincerity.

‘’I…’’ Jennie was quiet, processing what Jisoo just said to her. ‘’Jendeukie…you’re my best friend, my sister even. It hurts me seeing you get hurt because of your one-sided love’’

‘’You really know how to use yours words Jisoo’’ Jennie thought bitterly. As she thought more about it, it actually makes sense that she should stop. ‘’But no…I can’t…I just feel that, something is there between us. I can’t just shake this feeling off…’’

‘’Jennie?’’ Jisoo said worriedly since Jennie’s been spacing off for a few minutes now. ‘’Yah I didn’t break you now did I?’’

‘’Hey Jen!’’ Lisa called out ‘’Final practice come on now! Tomorrow’s the big day, let’s finish this!’’

That snapped Jennie out of her thoughts and yelled back ‘’Coming!’’ She stood up and started walking away, but not before replying to Jisoo ‘’You know me unnie…I really appreciate that you’re looking out for me, but…’’ Jennie looked back at her seeing Jisoo in conflict ‘’When you’re in love, you better be ready to get hurt also in the process…because in the end’’ Jennie looked at Chaeyoung who was waiting for her and looking at her curiously. Jennie smiled her usual smile which was responded by Chaeyoung’s warm smile ‘’It will all be worth it’’ She finished as she walked off

Jisoo ran a hand through her hair, looking at the love triangle in front of her and her mind still in conflict ‘’, love is so complicated…especially when you’re the oldest among those three…’’


The next day was finally the day of the dance competition among different schools. Different groups of people will be performing and the winner will get some cash prize, as well as a free buffet for the winning group.

‘’Yah Lisa stop shaking my hand so much’’ Chaeyoung complained ‘’I know you’re nervous but I’m more nervous than you are!’’

‘’What do you mean by that?’’ Lisa pouted

‘’It means that if the best dancer in the club is getting nervous, how about me then?’’ Chaeyoung pointing to Lisa then to herself

Lisa blinked ‘’But…I think you’re the much prettier, ier and hotter dancer between us’’

Chaeyoung blushed ‘’Yah Lalisa!’’ She yelled and hit her arm

‘’Ow you abusive chipmunk!’’ Lisa laughed while rubbing her arm

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes ‘’As if that hurt you.’’ Then she looked around searching for a certain brunette and smiled when she saw her ‘’Wifey! Over here!’’ She shouted while waving her hand like crazy.

Lisa frowned as she watched Jennie panting from running ‘’Sorry I’m late’’ Jennie said while wiping some sweats around her forehead. Chaeyoung smiled and gave her a bottle of water ‘’Here drink this, you’ll need it since we’re almost performing.’’

‘’Thanks hubby, you’re the best’’ Jennie’s signature wink and gummy smile made Chaeyoung blushed and mumbled a small ‘you’re welcome’

While the two were conversing, Lisa decided to use the opportunity to use her phone and call someone.

‘’Hey, you ready over there?’’ Lisa asked nervously

‘’Of course I am! Why are you being such a nervous wreck?’’

‘’Well I’ve never put so much effort to someone…It’s just her’’

‘’Well I do have a question though’’

‘’What is it?’’

‘’What if you guys lose?’’

Lisa rolled her eyes ‘’I prepared for that right?’’

A chuckle was heard from the other side of the phone ‘’Yeah yeah just messing with you. Now stop being a nervous wreck pabo. Be thankful that I’m helping you.’’

‘’Yeah whatever thanks, love you’’ Lisa laughed hearing gagging from the other phone before turning off the call.

‘’Were you talking to someone?’’ Lisa quickly snapped her head and saw Jennie arching her eyebrow at her

‘’Yeah it was an emergency. Why?’’ Lisa chuckled, a hint of nervousness ‘’Did she heard me?’’ If Jennie heard her, she will definitely force her to say what it was thus ruining her long planned…plan. ''I really got to study more words...'' Lisa sweat-dropped to herself.

Jennie narrowed her eyes at her making Lisa even more nervous ‘’Our school is being called and you didn’t hear it.’’ Jennie shook her head ‘’Distract yourself and you’ll lose even more to me’’ She smirked

Lisa scoffed but deep inside she sighed in relief ‘’As if!’’ She said smugly ‘’My plan will work perfectly then’’

Chaeyoung was biting her nails nervously and taking deep breaths ‘’Come on Chaeng you can do this. You guys practiced a dozen of times. You can do it you can do it.’’ She mumbled to herself ‘’For the free buffet for the free buffet’’ She chanted

Lisa and Jennie arrived behind her and looked at her in amusement ‘’Are you seriously chanting free buffet to motivate yourself?’’ Jennie asked while Lisa was snickering ‘’That’s my chipmunk’’

Chaeyoung pouted and said ‘’That’s what I do to get the nervousness out of my body’’

‘’By chanting foods?’’ Jennie said which emitted a laugh from Lisa

‘’Yah wifey!’’ Chaeyoung crossed her arms making Jennie finally laugh and then hugged her suddenly

‘’You can do this hubby. We can do this together’’ She whispered at her ear

Chaeyoung hugged back ‘’Yeah…together’’

‘’Yah don’t forget about me!’’ Lisa pouted and joined the hug. After a few moments, they all began to get into position.

Before the music started, Chaeyoung looked at the front row and saw Jisoo waving smiling at them and a camera on her other hand. She smiled happily at their supportive friend and gained more confidence as her posture changed the moment she heard the music.

They danced 16 shots and many more hiphop music and some solos for Lisa as well. They ended it with a bang which erupted a huge cheer from the crowd. The three girls panted as they stood still from their final pose before simultaneously moving forward and giving a polite bow. The crowds clapped and whistled at the great performance with Jisoo cheering loudly

‘’Whoooh! Those are my girls out there!’’

The three chuckled at their 4D friend before getting out of the stage. The dance club of their school cheered and congratulated each other

‘’That was nerve-wrecking’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed before accepting the bottle of water Lisa gave to her

‘’Yeah it was’’ Lisa chuckled

‘’So they’re going to announce the winners in just a few minutes right?’’ Jennie asked

‘’Yup’’ Lisa answered her, her palms getting sweaty. ‘’Please let it be us’’ She glanced at Chaeyoung before silently praying they win so that her plan will be more successful.

‘’Lisa?’’ Chaeyoung asked in which Lisa turned to her ‘’Are you okay? You’re being a bit quiet than usual.’’

‘’So you do love my noisy self’’ Lisa smirked

‘’I take it back’’

‘’I love you too chipmunk’’ Lisa said cheerfully while Jennie just rolled her eyes but clenched her fist when she saw Chaeyoung just smiling and blushing from Lisa’s attention.

All dance club from different schools came out as they waited for the announcer to say the winner.

‘’Alright! We have 3 wonderful schools that earned their rightful place in the rankings! Let’s start off with the 3rd place’’

The three girls gulped and held their hands together

‘’On the 3rd place we have….JYP High School!’’ Claps and cheers were heard as the dance club from JYP came up on stage and thanked the announcer before lifting their 3rd place trophy.

‘’For the 2nd place we have….SM High School!’’

Lisa gripped Chaeyoung’s hand tighter making Chaeyoung open her eyes and look at her curiously ‘’Lisa? What’s wrong?’’

‘’I just…’’ Lisa said and glanced at Jennie and saw she was still closing her eyes and holding Chaeyoung’s other hand. With the loud cheers and claps around them, it will be hard for her to hear them.

‘’I just want us to win so badly…more badly than you want your buffet’’ Lisa chuckled when she saw Chaeyoung’s shocked face ‘’Wow…it must be really important if it’s more important than my love for food’’ Chaeyoung giggled ‘’Why is it so important to you then?’’

Lisa took a deep breath and looked intently at Chaeyoung, her disheveled hair and sweaty face from the dance earlier still made her breath go away at the sheer pure beauty of her chipmunk. ‘’How is she effortlessly beautiful?’’

‘’Well I have this plan…’’ Lisa started and at the background, the dance club from SM started going up the stairs to receive their trophy

‘’What plan?’’

Lisa held Chaeyoung’s free hand with her two hands since Chaeyoung’s other one was occupied. ‘’A plan to tell you how much I have fallen in love with you.’’ She looked at her intently, nervousness evident on her face but also determination.

Chaeyoung’s breath hitched as Lisa came closer ‘’You, Park Chaeyoung invaded my senses since the first day of school.’’ Lisa whispered like she wants only Chaeyoung to hear what she was going to say. ‘’Everyday was never a waste of time whenever I’m with you. Whether you’re with Jisoo or Jennie, just looking at you is enough to make my day bright.’’

Now she’s touching Chaeyoung’s forehead with her own as Lisa closed her eyes to speak from her heart ‘’You’re my star Chaeyoung. My brightest star, my ray of sunshine. You light up my day. You cheer me up. You stand up for me. You changed me for the better. You make my tomorrow something to look forward to. Your cute giggles and laughs. Your warm smile that will melt the North Pole if you were there’’ Chaeyoung softly giggled at that making Lisa let out a grin.

‘’All the littlest things that you do, I fall in love every single time that I thought that my heart would just explode from the things you make me feel.’’ Lisa slowly opened her eyes and saw how beautiful Chaeyoung’s eyes ‘’I love you Park Chaeyoung’’ She finally said it and slowly leaned forward.

‘’And on the 1st place goes to….’’

Chaeyoung started closing her eyes and slowly let go of Jennie’s hand. Lisa pushed forward and finally their lips met in a slow kiss, with Lisa holding Chaeyoung’s hand and Chaeyoung’s other hand at Lisa’s cheek.

‘’YG High School!’’

Jennie cheered loudly and exclaimed ‘’Alright! Hubby, Lisa we won!’’ She looked at her side and the ecstasy that she felt from winning quickly evaporated into despair...

There she saw, Lisa and Chaeyoung kissing softly like it was their first kiss and from the way Chaeyoung softly held Lisa’s cheek…

’What the…’’ Jennie felt like the world has stopped, she couldn't move, couldn't breath.

‘’Hubby…?’’ Jennie spoke out softly and brokenly but unfortunately her hubby didn’t heard it. YG dance club was too loud for Chaeyoung to hear Jennie’s soft voice. Jennie felt numb and couldn’t take her eyes off of them. ‘’No…please no…’’ She whispered as tears started to slowly appear from her eyes. She could hear her own heart breaking at the sight of them kissing…Her hubby kissing another person who is not her…not her wifey…

‘’Well well well looks like we have a couple here at YG dance club’’ The announcer exclaimed that made Lisa slowly pull away from their kiss, a joy-filled grin took over her face ‘’We won…’’ She opened her eyes and saw Chaeyoung slowly opening hers, a dazed look at her face. ‘’We won!’’ Lisa exclaimed before grabbing Chaeyoung’s hand and ran up to the stage.

‘’Chipmunk we won!’’ Lisa said excitedly and sent a signal to someone outside the crowd.

Jennie felt like a bystander. She watched as Jisoo come forward at the stage and some YG dancers helping her. Jisoo was holding a big paper and the YG dancers grabbed the other end and ran to the other side while some throwing some rose petals around it. Within the paper there’s some words written.

Will you spend the free buffet as the bestest and badass in the world dancer’s girlfriend?

Chaeyoung laughed and felt her heart warmed as cheers from the crowd kept on getting wild, willing her to say yes by chanting it

‘’Say yes! Say yes!’’

Lisa intertwined their hands and winked at her ‘’Well? What’s your answer my dear chipmunk?’’

Jennie felt dread seeing Chaeyoung’s bright smile ‘’No…’’

‘’Yes’’ Chaeyoung answered and tackled Lisa with a hug as Lisa hugged back and yelled ‘’I finally got the girl!’’

The crowd erupted in cheers and congratulations as Lisa felt like she won millions of dollars, not only that they won, she finally got Park Chaeyoung as her girlfriend. Lisa pulled away from the hug and held Chaeyoung’s chipmunk cheeks ‘’I promise to make you feel loved and your happiness will always be my priority’’ She whispered

‘’Oh Lisa…’’ Chaeyoung whispered her eyes getting a bit teary now ‘’Thank you so much…this love of yours is now reciprocated’’ She smiled seeing tears of joy almost falling off of Lisa’s eyes.

‘’I love you so much’’ Lisa said and didn’t wait for Chaeyoung’s reply as she kissed her in front of many peope, in front of their friends, and in front of her love rival, who was now looking at them brokenly, her hand clutching her chest as her heart’s pieces was now all around and only one person can fix it. Too bad she’s busy kissing someone else and giving the heart that she wants to her…


Bang bang bangggg. I can hear arrows shooting at our Chaennie warriors' hearts. Looks like Lisa planned well for Jennie not even to notice right? Our poor dumpling :((((( I hope Chaennie warriors won't kill me for this chapter and for Chaelisa fans out there, I hope you liked this chapter! Oh and if you guys are wondering if the story is about to get finished hmmmm...well it's 60% finished by this chapter. Yes we still have those 40% and I do wonder what will happen at those 40%. Now go and click the next chapter to see what happens ;)