Distance

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

A few weeks have passed since Lisa’s confession to Chaeyoung, and the two maknaes stuck together like they were glued to each other too much. Sometimes Lisa irritates the unnie line a bit too much every now and then since Chaeyoung accepted her confession

‘’Hey hubby!’’ Jennie called out to her now that class ended ‘’Want to eat ice cream together? I’ve been craving for some milk ice cream for quite some time now’’ She pouted making Chaeyoung melt at her cuteness

‘’Sure wifey!’’ Chaeyoung grinned

Jennie grinned back and was about to grab her hand until another hand slapped it away ‘’Sorry Jen but me and chipmunk are going to eat in a pho restaurant’’ Lisa sent a wink at Chaeyoung who was surprised at Lisa’s action ‘’She’s been craving for it a week ago and I saved up enough money to take her there.’’

‘’Awww that’s so sweet Lisa thank you’’ Chaeyoung smiled then she saw Jennie’s down expression and felt a bit heavy seeing that ‘’But my wifey asked first…’’ She said before being quiet seeing Lisa looking at her with sadness all over her face

‘’But I saved up money for this day…’’ Lisa pouted and Jennie almost snorted ‘’Nice acting Manoban…’’ Jennie knew Lisa wasn’t saving money, they have been going out almost everyday, the said maknae taking advantage of Chaeyoung’s love for foods.

‘’Oh alright’’ Chaeyoung sighed, finally giving in to the maknae’s request before looking at Jennie apologetically ‘’I’m sorry wifey, Lisa earned really hard for this day and I just can’t let it go to waste. Maybe next time?’’ She smiled hopefully hoping that Jennie wouldn’t be saddened by this.

Jennie silently clicked her tongue but smiled tightly ‘’No it’s okay. Some other time then’’ She said through gritted teeth because of Lisa smirking at her,

Chaeyoung nodded and Lisa intertwined their hands signaling that they should go

‘’Chaeyoungie!’’

The three looked at the loud voice and saw Jisoo finally coming back after an errand from a teacher

‘’Hey Jichu’’ Chaeyoung smiled, patting Jisoo’s head playfully ‘’We were just about to leave you’’ She

Jisoo scoffed ‘’You could never leave me pasta’’

‘’Aish stop with that nickname already…’’

‘’Never!’’ Jisoo laughed making the three chuckle at her goofiness ‘’Anyways,’’ She said ‘’Can you come over tomorrow? My family has been pestering me about you and I just couldn’t take it anymore last night’’ She ranted while messing up her hair in the process ‘’I’m 101% sure that they will shut up if you visit tomorrow.’’ Chaeyoung giggled at that ‘’I was also planning to have a movie marathon with you guys since it’s been a while since our last movie marathon.’’

Chaeyoung lightened up at that and said giddily ‘’Really?! That will be fun!’’

‘’But,’’ Lisa cut them all off ‘’Me and chipmunk are supposed to go to the amusement park tomorrow’’

‘’We are?’’ Chaeyoung blinked

Lisa looked at her ‘’We are, I told you yesterday that we’ll be going to the amusement park that day but you said it’s too tiring so it’s better if it is weekends, and tomorrow is Saturday’’

Chaeyoung felt conflicted at that, she wants the four of them to hang out tomorrow but at the same time, she’s been itching to go to an amusement park ever since Lisa mentioned it. ‘’What should I choose?’’ Chaeyoung bit her lip in thought

Jisoo frowned at this ‘’Yah Lisa, save your amusement park on another date, it’s been a while since we last hang out together.’’ ‘’Since you’ve been taking Chaeyoung away from Jennie.’’ She glanced at the pissed off Jennie ‘’Away from me…’’ She glanced at Lisa’s blank stare at her ‘’Away from us…’’

Lisa narrowed her eyes, she doesn’t like the stares her unnies giving to her. She just wants some alone time with Chaeyoung, Lisa is determined to make Chaeyoung her girlfriend and just makes it her priority to hang out with her as much as possible.

‘’We’ll talk about this later.’’ Lisa said ‘’We’re consuming too much time and I don’t want my chipmunk to be hungry’’ She squeezed Chaeyoung’s hand to get her out of her thoughts ‘’We’ll text you later unnie’’ She let out a small smile to lessen the tension

‘’Bye guys!’’ Lisa grinned and Chaeyoung nodded waving goodbye to her unnies ‘’Bye unnies! Be careful on your way home’’ Chaeyoung said and sending an apologetic smile at them before Lisa dragged both of them away from the unnie’s sights.

When both of them went away, Jennie slammed her hands hard at Lisa’s table surprising Jisoo ‘’Whoah Jendeukie what’s wrong?’’

‘’What’s wrong?’’ Jennie glared at Jisoo before softening seeing the worried look of her best friend ‘’What’s wrong is that…Lisa has been taking away Chaeyoung from us…not only because of that, she’s also taking away our time from Chaeyoung.’’ Jennie looked at Jisoo’s eyes ‘’Unnie…our friendship is breaking because of this.’’

Jisoo frowned at that ‘’Yeah…I’ve been noticing that too.’’

‘’What should we do unnie?’’ Jennie asked and a hint of tears in her eyes. Jisoo sighed and said ‘’We can’t talk to her right now since she’s always with Chaeyoung…We need to talk to Lisa without Chaeyoung around so we just need to time it. ‘’ Jisoo put a hand on Jennie’s shoulder ‘’Don’t worry Jendeukie, we’ll get through this together’’ She smiled

Jennie weakly smiled back ‘’Love really complicates things’’ Both girls went out of their school and decided to go back home. ‘’The more I think about you’’ Jennie bit her lips at the thought of Chaeyoung ‘’I feel like it’s still worth it fighting our friendship like this…’’


‘’I haven’t spend some time with any of them…’’

Chaeyoung looked deep in thought as she stared at the pho in frontof her, her mind flashing back Jennie’s tight smile and Jisoo’s unpredictable face. She looked at Lisa in front of her who was eating happily and talking animatedly ‘’Hey Lisa,’’

‘’What is it chipmunk?’’ Lisa tilted her head

Chaeyoung smiled a bit at Lisa’s natural cuteness ‘’Don’t you think we’ve been being…distant to our unnies?’’

Lisa gulped down her food and hummed ‘’Hmmm..I really don’t think so since we have the same classes together’’ She shrugged

‘’But Lisa, we were busy on those classes.’’ Chaeyoung pointed out ‘’Hanging out and being together in a classroom is different.’’

Lisa frowned and stopped eating ‘’Why do you miss them that much?’’

Chaeyoung frowned at Lisa’s tone of voice ‘’Actually yes.’’ She answered back before softening her voice ‘’Lisa…don’t you miss them? We’ve been hanging around too much that we’re slowly separating from Jennie and Jisoo’’

Lisa sighed ‘’Chaeng, we see each other everyday. What’s there to miss?’’ She said before looking at Chaeyoung with a bit of sadness in her eyes ‘’Don’t you feel happy hanging around with me?’’

‘’I do feel happy Lisa when I’m with you but…’’

‘’Then there’s no buts’’ Lisa cut her off ‘’As long as you’re happy with me then there’s nothing wrong.’’

‘’Lisa let me finish’’ Chaeyoung said sternly as Lisa shut seeing the stern look on her chipmunk’s face. ‘’I do feel happy Lisa, I truly do. But they are our friends, sisters even. Don’t you feel any sense of guilt seeing that they want to hang out with us as much as we want to hang out like we used to?’’ Chaeyoung’s frustrated face started to hit Lisa’s conscious but she was stubborn.

‘’Chipmunk…’’ Lisa said, holding Chaeyoung’s hand firmly ‘’Ever since you’ve given me a chance to court you, I’m using every possible time that I could to win you over. To make you happy. To make you feel loved and…’’ She placed a kiss on her chipmunk’s hand ‘’to make you mine…’’

‘’Lisa…’’ Chaeyoung closed her eyes and slowly put her hand away as Lisa looked at her with fear ‘’A-are you rejecting me?’’

Chaeyoung’s soft eyes made Lisa calm ‘’No I’m not…’’ She sighed seeing Lisa’s confused face ‘’Lisa, don’t make me your world. Don’t shut your friends around you. I understand that you feel strongly about me…’’ Chaeyoung looked at Lisa’s eyes and spoke slowly ‘’Because I also feel strongly about you.’’

‘’But until you fix yourself up, I won’t answer you…’’ Chaeyoung said before getting up ‘’Your way of courting me is touching Lisa, but you are also hurting the people around you, and I don’t think it’s healthy if we continue on like that.’’ With that, she left leaving Lisa to hang on her every word. The warmth in her heart as soon as she heard Chaeyoung returning her feelings to her immediately disappeared on what she said afterwards.

Lisa looked at Chaeyoung’s empty chaid and though in determination ‘’I’ll do my best for you chipmunk…you really are too perfect’’ Lisa chuckled as she finally realize her mistake ‘’Making me a better person…Just when I couldn’t be any more in love with you, you stupid chipmunk’’


Jennie stared at the ceiling of her room seeing the glow in the dark stars above it ‘’I miss her…I miss us…I miss the four of us together…’’ Jennie whispered ‘’Damn you Lisa for being so selfish…’’ She said angrily

A knock on her door was heard and Jennie yelled ‘’Mom I told you that you can just come in. I’m finished getting dressed anyway’’

Another knock and Jennie sighed as she got up and opened the door of her room ‘’Mom I said that you can ente-‘’ Words left seeing somebody else on her doorway

‘’Hey’’

‘’H-hubby!’’ Jennie stuttered before stepping aside letting Chaeyoung enter her room. She cleared to prevent herself from stuttering ‘’What are you doing here hubby?’’

Chaeyoung looked at her and smiled ‘’I felt a little bit guilty that we just left like that, and we haven’t been hanging around too much so I decided to...you know. ‘’

Jennie looked at Chaeyoung who was giving her a plastic and as Chaeyoung went to pick up something inside of it, her heart warmed seeing her favorite ice cream on the hand of her hubby ‘’Milk ice cream!’’ She squealed like a kid before freezing and blushing in embarrassment looking at Chaeyoung’s amused face

Chaeyoung laughed ‘’No, it’s okay. I know it’s your favorite’’ She smiled and gave it to Jennie before picking up her own ice cream.

‘’So,’’ Jennie said ‘’What happened with your pho date?’’

Chaeyoung hummed ‘’Well, me and Lisa kind of got into a fight but I think it will all be okay afterwards.’’ She smiled lightly

Jennie looked at her questioningly ‘’A fight? Why?’’

‘’I’m not slow unnie’’ Chaeyoung looked at her ‘’I do notice that the four of us seem to be getting distant because of Lisa always asking me to hang out. And I felt at fault because I always agree to go with her’’

‘’Why do you always agree with her then?’’

Chaeyoung seems quiet and hid herself by her ice cream ‘’…She makes me happy wifey.’’

That sent a pang through Jennie’s heart as she slowly nodded her head at that. The taste of her favorite ice cream started to taste bad or was it her own feeling?

‘’Oh….’’

Chaeyoung looked at the sudden quiet and saw Jennie slowly eating her ice cream. ‘’You all make me happy wifey…’’ Chaeyoung gently smiled at the pout on Jennie’s face as she wiped some ice cream around . ‘’That’s why I defended you guys you know? I love you all.’’ Jennie gulped suddenly noticing their close proximity because Chaeyoung leaned closer to clean her face because of the ice cream. Chaeyoung accidentally looked at Jennie’s eyes and got stuck in them.

Jennie felt like it was the perfect time to let Chaeyoung know her feelings seeing that they both suddenly got quiet. But as she opened to say the words she’s been keeping to herself, Chaeyoung leaned away and smiled sweetly at her.

‘’So eating ice cream together checked right?’’ Chaeyoung winked at her

Jennie blushed and hid her face by eating her own ice cream ‘’Yup. A massive check for that’’ She sneak a glance at her hubby and inwardly sighed ‘’Guess it’s not the time then…’’


YesI know it's been months since I've updated but hey school ain't easy you know skskksskks. Anyways I'm back from the dead! As a late Christmas gift you all, I will post a DOUBLE update tomorrow and yes you have read it! There will be 2 chapters that will be posted here tomorrow as my way of saying sorry for being dead for the past few months and wishing you all a Merry Christmas! New Year is coming and so is my 2nd semester. I will finish this because I never break my promises :) Thank you all for supporting this story and I had a great 2019 year since I attended a Blackpink concert which was an amazing experience to me. I will never forget that date Feb 2, 2019. Anyways just sharing a piece of my life to all of you and have fun reading!