The Beginning

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

The alarm ringed with all its might, intent on waking up the girl with blonde hair and yellow highlights. The girl groaned and grabbed the alarm clock and stopped its loud ringing, before throwing it away somewhere in her room. ''So tired...'' She mumbled. Before she could go back to dreamland, her phone ringed signalling a text message

Jendeukie: Babeeee, wake the up. We still need to do our daily jogging you know

She closed her phone and put it away but before she could close her eyes, her phone ringed again

Jendeukie: Lalisa Manoban! I know you're awake so get your outside! I'm in front of your house already

The girl now known as Lisa groaned ''Stupid Jennie..Always disturbing my beauty sleep'' Nevertheless, she couldn't keep her bossy girlfriend waiting so she stood up and started to freshen up. She put on her black sweatpants and a simple white top. ''Mom! Me and Jennie are going to jog now!'' She heard her mom said to be careful as Lisa started to make her way outside her home. Just as she opened the door, she saw her girlfriend using her earphones and wearing a similar black sweatpants that she is wearing and a black crop top. 

Lisa smiled and quietly sneaked up to Jennie who was quietly bobbing her head to the beat. ''That Lisa...always taking her damn precious time in the morning.'' Jennie grumpily mumbled which of course was heard by Lisa who giggled and decided to make her presence known. She quietly wrapped her arms around the girl's waist who jumped in surprise and slightly glared at the offender ''It's about time''

LIsa pouted and used her aegyo voice ''Jendeukieeeeee, please don't be mad.'' Jennie cringed at the aegyo and said ''For the last time, please stop using your aegyo geez...'' Lisa laughed and grinned at her. Jennie sighed before shaking her head ''You're such a dork.''

Lisa made a heart using her arm ''But I'm your dork!'' Jennie rolled her eyes and said nothing ''Come on, let's jog around the place shall we?'' Lisa nodded happily ''As long as you're not mad anymore, let's go!'' She skipped happily, taking the lead. Jennie giggled at her girlfriend's cuteness ''Honestly, this girl is just a bundle of energy.'' She remembered the first day of their high school where she admitted to Lisa that she is attracted to girls, and that started everything of what they have right now.

Flashback

''Lisa yah,'' Jennie called her best friend since childhood. ''What is it Jendeukie?'' Lisa asked a bit tired from a day of school. Jennie fidgeted her fingers nervously and not looking at the eyes of her best friend. ''Should I tell her? What if she decided to stop being friends with me if I told her the truth?'' 

''Jennie? Jennie?'' Lisa called out to her while waving a hand to her face ''JENNIE!'' The yell startled the said girl who blinked at her curiously. ''Finally, I've been trying to call you half a minute ago.'' Lisa playfully said to her in which Jennie blushed a bit. ''So what were you going to say?'' Lisa asked as they walked. ''Uhmmm...'' Jennie started ''It's actually a bit personal..''

Lisa blinked ''So what? I'm your best friend! You can tell me anything!'' Jennie fidgeted her fingers again and bit her lip in nervousness. Lisa looked at her for a moment before bursting out in laughter. The cat-eyed girl was surprised at the sudden laughter and her sassyness appeared once more ''What are you laughing at?!'' 

Lisa kept laughing but still answered her ''I never thought I see the great Jennie Kim all nervous and acting like a kid who broke the vase of her mother'' She joked before laughing again at her fuming black haired friend. ''Hey! Me acting like a kid? Coming from you Manoban.'' Jennie rolled her eyes. 

Lisa snickered and put her arm around the girl's neck. ''Now there's the Jennie I know'' She cheekily said ''So what's bothering you?'' Jennie was surprised and thought to herself that her nervousness was gone due to Lisa lightening up the mood. ''Oh Lisa...if only you know how much you affect me sometimes.'' Feeling the girl's arm around her, she started to feel tingly inside. ''Jennie? Oh there you go again.'' Lisa sighed ''Seriously? What's up with you? You've been acting strange since earlier.'' 

The black haired girl seems to be deep in thought, once again not hearing what Lisa said who twitched her eyebrows at the sudden silence of her best friend. She elbowed her pretty hard to gain her attention once again resulting a loud squeak from the older girl. ''Lisa! You know I have low pain tolerance.'' Jennie said, a bit annoyed. ''I've been trying to get your attention Ms. Silence. And another way to get it is to hit you.'' Lisa said rather bluntly. ''Can you please just say what's bothering you? I'm getting a bit annoyed here Jenni-'' She was cut off by Jennie ''I'm attracted to girls!'' Jennie yelled while closing her eyes to not see Lisa's reaction

Silence travelled between the two as Jennie  slowly opened her eyes to see her reaction. ''No screaming check. No running away check. I think it's safe to open my eyes now...'' Jennie opened her eyes fully to gauge Lisa's reaction. There's no disgust or any negative changes in Lisa's eyes and reaction, instead she blinked and said ''So...you're a lesbian?''

Jennie slowly nodded and silence consumed them once again. ''God can it get any more awkward than this...'' Jennie thought. ''That's it?'' Lisa asked. Jennie was a bit taken a back ''What do you mean that's it? You're not disgusted or going to stop being friends with me?''

Lisa laughed, the girl's laugh soothing Jennie's nerves, ''Jennie, even if you said that you are a murderer who hunts people late at night, I will still accept you'' Jennie laughed ''Seriously? A murderer is what you guessed?'' Lisa giggled ''Maybe? So who's the lucky girl?'' 

Just when Jennie started to calm down, that question sent her nerves to be active once again. ''I...Uhmmm...'' Jennie looked away from Lisa unable to say who that lucky girl is. Lisa looked at her and a mysterious smile made its way to her face. She walked closer to her without the older girl noticing. ''Jennie...'' She whispered, making the older girl looked at her and inhaled sharply. Lisa cupped her cheeks and slowly caress them ''Stop me if you want to.'' Lisa said as she leaned in closer and kissed Jennie full on the lips. Sparks flew between them as Jennie immediately kissed back with happy thoughts in her head. Lisa pulled back with a bright smile ''Guess I'm the lucky girl then huh.'' Jennie just showed her her gummy smile and kissed her once again in which Lisa happily returned. 

End Flashback

''Almost 10 months have passed...Can't believe time passes by so quickly.'' Another school year will be starting and this time, it will be their last before they go to college. Jennie looked at the skipping girl with a small smile ''Though I do hope we will still be together when we start it...'' She mumbled. ''Jendeukie!!! Come one slowpoke!'' Lisa yelled and waving her hands frantically. ''Coming babe!'' Jennie yelled before jogging her way towards her girlfriend. Lisa looked at her girlfriend beside her with a small frown and sighed ''No...I still need to give it a try.'' Lisa thought before shaking her head away from her thoughts and focusing on her Jendeukie.