Doubts

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

''You ready babe?'' Jennie asked her. Lisa smiled ''As ready as I'll ever be!'' She cheered making Jennie laugh. ''Follow my lead then.'' Jennie started jogging ''And remember, no breaks.'' Lisa pouted but nodded anyway. ''Let's get this over with.'' Lisa sighed in her mind, she just really wanted to go back to her bed and sleep for God knows how many hours. Her dance practice yesterday was tiresome and she had hoped that Jennie will be reluctant enough to not continue their morning routine but it seems she just want to keep it going ''Even if her girlfriend is dead tired from practice yesterday it seems.''

After a few minutes, Jennie looked behind her and saw Lisa slowing down a bit ''You okay babe?'' Lisa shook her head  ''A bit. Still tired from our practice yesterday.''

Jennie stopped a bit and looked at her ''But you got plenty of rest already, you didn't even text me last night.'' The blonde haired girl sighed ''Babe I was tired yesterday, as in extremely tired.'' Jennie sulked a bit and nodded ''Fine, I understand. Let's continue then.''

Lisa looked at her incredulously ''Is she serious? She didn’t even let me take a rest even after knowing I was tired from practice? Does she even care about me at all?'' She huffed but continued following her girlfriend anyway. Meanwhile, Jennie was too busy sulking in her own mind ''Did she know that I stayed up all night waiting for a simple text saying good night or I love you?'' She exhaled and continued jogging; exercise does help keeping you away from your thoughts.

After jogging around the place, the lovers decided to rest on the bench nearby. ''Jennie yah, I don't know how you keep up with these morning routines'' Lisa groaned and plopped her head at her girlfriend's lap. Jennie rolled her eyes ''We've been doing this for months and you're still complaining about it?'' She answered ''Don't you want to spend some time with me?''

Lisa opened her one eye ''Seriously?'' She deadpanned ''Of course I want to spend some time with you! You're my girlfriend for Pete's sake!'' Jennie scoffed and pouted ''Doesn't seem like it.'' Lisa sighed and just closed her eyes. She and Jennie have been fighting more frequently now, even from the simplest things, and she is getting a bit tired from it so she just decided to keep quiet. Jogging around for 2 hours straight is not a joke.

Meanwhile, Jennie was having a turmoil with her own thoughts. Lisa has not been so...lively these past few weeks. She seems rather passive lately. Sure there were times that she's being her cringy and talkative self but...it's not the same as before. Did something change between them? Jennie shook her head. No, maybe if they just let it be, everything will go back to normal. ''I just need to be patient and continue being with her. After all, I do love her.'' With that conviction, she motioned her girlfriend to sit up, which she did while looking at her curiously, and began to get drinks to the vending machine beside them.

‘’Here you go,’’ Jennie gave her a water bottle and her own gummy smile in which Lisa smiled back a bit ‘’How about we go on a date later? You should rest first.’’

Lisa thought about it and nodded ‘’Sure! Pick me up at 7?’’ Jennie nodded and grinned as she kissed Lisa’s forehead. ‘’Yah! Don’t kiss my forehead! You know I’m conscious about it.’’ Lisa pouted rather cutely making Jennie giggle ‘’Still, it’s a part of you. And since I love you, I also love your forehead.’’ Jennie teased.. Lisa yelled at her and slapped her arm while laughing. As they talked and bonded at the bench, one thought is crossing in both of their minds

‘’Why does my heart doesn’t beats as fast as before?’’


Lisa put on her lipstick and finished fixing herself up. While fixing herself up, many thoughts are running inside her head ever since this morning ‘’I love Jennie…right?’’ Of course she loves Jennie; she’s been her friend ever since they were still in their diapers! Both of their moms are best friends and surprisingly, they both supported her and Jennie’s relationship. At first they were shock, but they accepted it fairly well.

‘’Yeah…I do love her but…’’ Lisa was cut off from her thoughts because of her mom yelling ‘’Lisa! Jennie is here!’’

‘’Coming!’’ Lisa yelled back and got her bag before going downstairs. She flashed a quick smile when she saw Jennie in her line of sight, waving at her and wearing a pair of jeans and simple white crop top. ‘’Hey!’’ Jennie greeted her and kissed her cheeks. ‘’You look rather simple.’’ She stated looking at Lisa’s own jeans and blouse.

Lisa stuck out her tongue ‘’Speak for yourself.’’ Lisa’s mom smacked Lisa’s head with her hand ‘’Don’t stick out your tongue young lady.’’ Lisa grumbled and said ‘’You didn’t have to smack me…’’

Jennie laughed at the two and said ‘’Don’t worry Ms. Manoban, I’ll bring Lisa back home safe and sound.’’ Lisa’s mother smiled and nodded ‘’Thanks Jennie now go you two. Enjoy your night. Just be careful.’’

Lisa nodded and kissed her mother’s cheek ‘’We will mom! Bye!’’ With that, the two lovers went on their way for their date of the night. Lisa glanced at her girlfriend and tilted her head ‘’So, where are we going for tonight?’’  

‘’First, we’re going to eat at your favorite restaurant.’’ Jennie winked at her while Lisa got starry eyed ‘’Ooohh! Oooh! Does it have Gamjatang?’’ Lisa pestered Jennie with exciting jumps. ‘’Maybe?’’ Jennie and laugh when Lisa pouted ‘’I swear if it’s not my favorite, I’ll murder you in your sleep.’’

‘’Seriously, what is up with you and murders?’’

‘’Maybe because I’m a secret murderer and I’m just waiting my chance to kill you.’’

‘’…..’’

‘’…..’’

‘’Let’s just continue our date you psycho.’’


Few hours have passed and the two enjoyed the night together. They ate, walked around the park and talked.. Lisa sighed laying her head on Jennie’s lap while gazing at the twinkling stars above them. ‘’It’s been fun alright...’’ She thought, taking a quick peek at her girlfriend’s face ‘’But yet…why doesn't it feel like the same as before?’’ Lisa is not that slow, she notices that their relationship is dwindling, and fast. Sure they have their moments but, mostly, the times they have spent together recently, it almost felt like they were just…friends again.

While Lisa was busy with her own thoughts, Jennie was having her own doubts as well. She Lisa’s hair who closed her eyes in contentment. A smile made its way on Jennie’s face, but…it was kind of a sad one ‘’Just why? We did everything just as we did on our first date and yet…’’ She of course remembered that first date. As Lisa’s childhood friend, she just knows everything about Lisa like her favorites, hobbies, etc. So she took the said girl to a restaurant where it has her favorite food. Then they walked to the park and had a great time with each other. And then of course, they finished that data in the exact position they are in right now ‘’Did Lisa notices at all?’’ It’s rather hard to know what your girlfriend is thinking and Jennie seems so at lost right now.

‘’Jennie?’’ Lisa called out to her in which Jennie’s heart broke a bit ‘’She called me by my name…’’ Lisa almost never calls Jennie by her first name, it feels rather…foreign hearing that to out from Lisa’s mouth. ‘’Yes babe?’’

‘’I think we should go home…I will fall asleep if you continue my hair like that.’’ Lisa joked a bit before a yawn escaped from  . Jennie looked at the time from her phone and it definitely is the time to go home now. Good thing her and Lisa are neighbors.

‘’You’re right. Let’s go home.’’ Jennie forced a smile, her mind still spinning around from her distraught thoughts.  With that, they both stood up and quietly started to walk home. Both girls having their own battle in their mind.

And as time flies by, they are greeted by Lisa’s front door. ‘’Thanks for tonight Jendeukie. I had fun.’’ Lisa let out a small smile as she said it. Jennie shook her head and said ‘’You’re always welcome. Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow?’’

Back from their first date, when Jennie took Lisa home both of them were wearing lopsided smiles and eyes shining from happiness…but now…the sparks were just gone. Doubts filling their mind and one action would confirm everything.

‘’Alright, to confirm all of this.’’ Both girls thought as Jennie knew what will happen as this also happened in their first date.Jennie leaned in slowly in which Lisa got it and leaned in as well. Both of their lips touched for a small, soft kiss before simultaneously pulling away with one thought in their mind

‘’I don’t feel anything anymore…’’