Taking Back

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’Welcome home honey!’’

Jennie just nodded at her mom and proceeded in taking her shoes off. Jennie’s mom frowned at the rather cold action of her daughter and decided to question it ‘’Are you okay?’’ She observed Jennie’s expression ‘’…are you mad at something?’’

‘’Just tired’’ Jennie dismissed it quickly though her face says it all ‘’I’m not going to eat dinner. I want to sleep.’’

Jennie’s mom watch her daughter hastily walk upstairs and to her room

BANG!

She hummed ‘’Yup she’s angry…’’ She continued cooking the food that will probably last tomorrow since Jennie isn’t going to eat ‘’Though I do wonder what made her that mad.’’

She looked at her kitchen window and saw two familiar figures talking happily ‘’Ah Lisa and…Chaeyoung!’’ She let out a small smile seeing them ‘’Teenagers in love geez, such a cute couple.’’


Jennie exhaled loudly through her nose, she desperately want to punch the wall right now but her parents will probably hear that and will question her further.

‘’Lisa…’’ She growled angrily

She was there, the moment Lisa tripped and the two got lost in their own world ‘’Such a natural flirt’’ She fumed but what made her even angrier is when Chaeyoung even let Lisa lean close to her, too close for being a friend-like gesture.

Jennie stood up and opened her window, maybe the fresh air will clear her mind. The cold wind swept quickly to her face, slowly evaporating her anger. She looked at the starry skies and sighed ‘’Why did I even said those words?’’ Jennie hit herself in the head softly ‘’Pabo…’’

She looked down and just when her anger evaporated, it quickly returned. Jennie quickly closed her windows before the two could see her and jumped to her bed. ‘’Chaeyoung’s even walking Lisa back home now…’’

Seeing the two smile and talk like they have all the time in the world to be happy…it hurts the older girl as Jennie clutched her chest, sensing her heart in pain. But what hurts more is that ‘’Chaeyoung doesn’t even seem affected at all by our fight…’’

A lone tear escaped her eyes as she closed it, hoping that sleep will come to her quick and let time pass by quickly

‘’I miss you my hubby…’’


‘’Get inside already Lisa’’ Chaeyoung laughed but Lisa kept on insisting getting the kiss on the lips

‘’Not until I get my kiss from my chipmunk’’ Lisa pouted

‘’I already kissed you a bunch of times while we were walking!’’

‘’That was on the cheek!’’ Lisa fought back and leaned closer ‘’I want it…on…the…lips’’ She whispered

Chaeyoung blushed deeply and pushed Lisa away gently, fanning her blush away ‘’Gosh you’re so needy…’’

Lisa laughed seeing Chaeyoung so red, happy that she can affect girl ‘’Alright alright I’ll stop.’’ She said ‘’For now’’ Lisa winked and started to walk inside her house ‘’I’m still going to ask for that kiss on the lips tomorrow though!’’

‘’Just go already!’’ Chaeyoung laughed and both waved bye to each other. When Lisa fully entered the house and closed the door, that’s when Chaeyoung decided to walk back to her own house now.

She softly hummed a song and a small smile crept to ‘’That Lisa…’’ She giggled. Something is definitely changing between her and Lisa, Chaeyoung doesn’t know if that’s a good thing or bad thing. ‘’But as long I’m happy and I’m not hurting anyone, that’s okay right?’’

‘’Chaeyoung!’’

Chaeyoung looked at the source and let out a small polite smile ‘’Ah good evening Mrs. Kim’’

‘’Glad that you could remember me’’ Mrs. Kim making Chaeyoung giggle ‘’So how are you and Lisa? Are you two girlfriends already?’’

Chaeyoung blushed again and shook her head ‘’Ah no Mrs. Kim, we’re not girlfriends’’ She said

Mrs. Kim pouted, reminding Chaeyoung a certain someone with the same pout

‘’My hubby~’’

‘’Jennie…’’

Chaeyoung shook her head ‘’Uhm I’m sorry what was it again Mrs. Kim?’’

‘’Do you somehow have any idea why Jennie’s angry?’’ Mrs. Kim asked ‘’She’s been such a grouch ever since we went out at the mall’’

Recognition can be seen from Chaeyoung’s eyes but decided to let Jennie tell her mother ‘’Uhm I really don’t know though’’ Chaeyoung let out a polite smile ‘’I’m sorry…’’

Mrs. Kim sighed ‘’It’s okay dear, I’m just curious.’’ Mrs. Kim smiled back ‘’Now that I’ve notice, you and Jennie doesn’t seem to hang out like you and Lisa…are you guys friends or do you just know each other?’’

‘’Ah no, we’re really close friends actually’’ Chaeyoung said, smiling a bit remembering some of her moments with Jennie ‘’She’s quite a fierce person but really cute on the inside.’’

Mrs. Kim laughed ‘’That she is. Her father really spoiled her since she was a child’’

Chaeyoung laughed along imagining a small Jennie pouting at her father, her heart bursting at the cuteness ‘’I better get going Mrs. Kim. I don’t want my mom to be too worried’’

Mrs. Kim smiled and nodded ‘’Go ahead dear. Be careful okay? Is your house far?’’

Chaeyoung shook her head ‘’Not at all Mrs. Kim, we’re actually four houses apart’’

Mrs. Kim was surprised ‘’Wow we’re actually in the same neighborhood’’ She chuckled and patted Chaeyoung at the head softly ‘’You better go then. Introduce me to your mom sometimes, it will be nice if I get to have some mom friends around the neighborhood aside from Lisa’s mom.’’

Chaeyoung was surprised at the gesture but let it be ‘’I will Mrs. Kim’’ She smiled and decided to walk away now but something is still nagging her.

Mrs. Kim stared, watching Chaeyoung just standing there as if thinking about something. ‘’Uhm Mrs. Kim?’’

‘’Yes dear?’’

‘’Please…’’ Chaeyoung seems to hesitate but decided to speak quickly before Mrs. Kim notice ‘’Please tell Jennie I said good night’’

Mrs. Kim smiled and nodded ‘’I will. Good night to you too Chaeyoung’’

Chaeyoung smiled before finally walking away. Mrs. Kim hummed and went back inside the house

 ‘’Something is definitely going on’’


Chaeyoung stretched her now refreshed body and laid down at her bed. Seeing Jennie’s mom really made her think about Jennie again. ‘’I’ve been ignoring for her for quite a while now…’’ Guilt is creeping up inside her, should she do the first move? She hasn’t apologize yet…

‘’Well..not formally yet I think’’ Chaeyoung murmured. She has to admit, she really do miss Jennie ‘’my…wifey’’ She slowly said as if is not saying it for a time now. She doesn’t know what to do, does she have to do the first move?

Chaeyoung looked at her phone and clicked on her and Jennie's messages. Fun talks and teases were seen that made Chaeyougn smile again. Moments with her wifey made Chaeyoung miss her dearly. She was now typing an apology and was about send it but Chaeyoung stopped herself ''Should I send it?'' She bit her lip in nervousness

Her phone pinged signaling a phone message ‘’Must be Lisa’’ She sighed a bit in relief because of the distraction, a smile immediately appeared on her face thinking about the maknae

Lisa: Good night chipmunk! Sweet dreams about me okay? Dream me must NOT get the kiss I want from you. I’m warning you dream chipmunk!

Chaeyoung laughed

Chaeyoung: Still not stopping about that kiss! Just sleep already Manoban!

Lisa: Where’s my good night message? L

Chaeyoung: Good night Lisaaaaa! Thank you for teaching me about the dance! See you tomorrow at Jichu’s house! J

Lisa: Oh no we’re going together. So you better dress up nice since I’m going to be your date ;)

Chaeyoung blushed and quickly typed

Chaeyoung: Shut up jeez…

Just go to sleep already

Lisa: Glad I could make your night

Chaeyoung laughed ‘’She really answers in a non-sense way’’

Chaeyoung: Yeah yeah. You did

Lisa: I love you too!!!

Chaeyoung giggled again and closed her phone. Her mind at peace right now because of Lisa

‘’I’ll wait for her to apologize’’ Chaeyoung said to herself. She closed her eyes and let her last thoughts wander

‘’I don’t want to do the first move anymore….’’


Jennie sighed, looking at a reflection of herself in the mirror; It was already night and they were going to Jisoo’s house for her sister’s birthday party.

She looked at herself, beautifully clothed with a simple but elegant black dress paired with a light make up. She’s beautiful but ‘’I don’t feel like going…’’ Jennie sighed, she still feel a bit bummed about what she saw yesterday. She heard her door open and her mom came in

‘’Honey? You ready to go out? I just saw Lisa coming out from her house and I think you should get going too’’

‘’Yeah I will’’ Jennie murmured

Mrs. Kim looked at her daughter and pinched her cheeks ‘’Now what are you being so depressed about? You’ve been like that since we went to the mall’’

‘’It’s nothing.’’

‘’Is it your period?’’

Jennie chuckled a bit at that ‘’No I’m not on my period’’

‘’Oh thank God because you’re kind of scary when you’re in your period’’ Her father’s voice entered

Jennie looked and saw her father coming in with a teasing smile on his face ‘’Shut up dad’’

‘’Yah Jennie Kim I don’t teach you to answer your dad like that!’’ Mr. Kim said with a stern face and Jennie responded with her own resting face

Both kept staring down at each other but then immediately burst out in laughter ‘’You really look stupid being stern dad’’ Jennie snickered

‘’You really look like a lot like your mom when she was younger’’ Her dad joked and then yelped when Mrs. Kim pinched him and slightly glared at him

Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes but grinned when she looked at her daughter again ‘’There, you should keep smiling dear. You’re going to look like your father if you kept on frowning.’’

Jennie smiled inwardly, she really is thankful for her parents and just said ‘’I will, I don’t want to look like dad’’ Jennie stuck out her tongue at her dad

‘’Hey! I was rather dashing in my youth!’’

‘’Yeah yeah whatever dad’’

Mrs. Kim smiled but then remembered something ‘’Oh yeah I forgot to tell you that I talked to Chaeyoung last night, we really had a great talk’’ She shared ‘’She even said to say good night to you dear. I went to your room last night to say it but you were already asleep’’

Jennie stopped bickering with her dad and looked at her mom with a stunned look ‘’She said…good night to me?’’ ‘’Does this mean that…’’  Hope is filling up Jennie's heart, her strenght awakening at that sign. Are they okay now?

Mrs. Kim looked a bit confused at her daughter’s reaction but slowly nodded ‘’Yeah she did, it was pretty cute though, she’s such a shy girl’’ She chuckled

Jennie felt that all her sorrows from last night is slowly evaporating ‘’That’s great to know then…’’ She murmured and unknowingly a smile began to stretch to her lips

Both parents looked at the change of mood of their daughter and Mrs. Kim seems to be noticing something ‘’Are you okay dear?’’

Jennie stood up, her poise much lighter and more confident ‘’Yeah, never better’’ She grinned before going out of her room ‘’I better get going mom! You can lock the door I have my key!’’ She yelled before going out of the house

‘’That was…strange’’ Mr. Kim said while Mrs. Kim was just watching her daughter walk outside with a small smile on her face by the window.

‘’Yeah…really strange’’


‘’Good afternoon Mrs. Park!’’

‘’It’s almost evening Lisa’’ Mrs. Park giggled at the bubbly girl

‘’Is Chaeyoung finish getting dress?’’ Lisa asked, jumping up and down a bit

‘’Why don’t you go inside and check her?’’ Mrs. Park winked at her.

‘’That I will! Thanks for the entry Mrs. Park!’’ Lisa shouted before running inside Chaeyoung’s house like a child.

‘’Such a handsome child’’ Mrs. Park commented

‘’Oh Mrs. Park!’’

Chaeyoung’s mother turned around to see who said that and saw ‘’Oh Jennie dear! It’s been a while’’ She smiled ‘’My my you’re looking so beautiful today.’’

Jennie blushed a bit at the compliment and smiled charmingly ‘’Got to look pretty for your daughter’’ She winked

Mrs. Park laughed, liking Jennie’s confidence ‘’Aish good luck to you my daughter’’

‘’Let me guess,’’ Mrs. Park said ‘’Looking for Chaeyoung?’’

Jennie nodded ‘’May I?’’

‘’Just enter Jennie’’ She giggled

Jennie smiled again and bowed in thanks ‘’Thank you, I’ll make sure to take Chaeyoung home safe and sound’’ ‘’As I’ll make sure we will make up today’’

‘’Thanks for the reassurance, now go’’ Mrs. Park smiled and watched Jennie enter the house.

‘’Choose wisely Chaeyoung…’’


‘’Chipmunk! Come out come out wherever you are!’’

Jennie heard Lisa’s loud voice as if it’s her own house and remained calm ‘’It’s okay Jennie. Just stay calm’’

‘’You’re so impatient! Just wait there I’m almost finished!’’

Jennie’s heart skipped a bit hearing Chaeyoung’s voice ‘’God I really do miss her…’’

Lisa pouted ‘’What’s taking you so long?! You’re already beautiful enough so let’s just go already!’’

‘’Aish I’ll be right there!’’

Jennie watched Lisa chuckle to herself and even smoothen up herself ‘’Acting like an oppa Pranpiya?’’

Lisa jumped and held her heart in fright ‘’J-Jennie?’’ She blinked ‘’What are you doing here?’’

‘’Taking back what’s mine.’’ Jennie answered quickly, staring at her competitor down hard

‘’Yours?’’ Lisa furrowed her eyebrows ‘’What yours?’’

Footsteps were heard going down and both turned, knowing it was Chaeyoung. Both girls felt their breath hitched at the sight in front of them; There was Chaeyoung, wearing a simple off-shoulder white dress looking like an angel, as if light was shining all around her

‘’That’s…what mine is’’ Jennie whispered in awe, she has never seen someone looking so angelic

Lisa didn’t answer, just staring at Chaeyoung, open and one thought just crossed her mind ‘’Breathtakingly beautiful…’’ And Lisa swore she fell even more in love at Park Chaeyoung

‘’Lisa! Wow you’re looking rather handsome’’ Chaeyoung smiled noting Lisa’s tuxedo, looking very much like an oppa. Then she saw another figure behind Lisa and she froze ‘’Jennie…’’ Chaeyoung whispered in surprise, her eyes liking the sight in front of her and was mesmerized at Jennie’s elegant form

‘’She’s…beautiful’’

Jennie cleared feeling Chaeyoung’s eyes on her, her palms feeling clammy due to nervousness ‘’Chaeng…’’ Jennie weakly smiled ‘’You look great, really beautiful’’ She said first

Chaeyoung snapped out of her trance and gave a small smile to Jennie ‘’Thanks..’’ She said shyly ‘’You look beautiful too’’

Her heart exploded and Jennie felt like crying for a bit…Finally they were talking, Jennie was about to say something but Lisa cut her off

‘’Wow chipmunk! Are you even human?’’ Lisa whistled ‘’Cause you sure as hell show what an angel looks like’’

Chaeyoung blushed ‘’Stop staring at me like that…’’

‘’Like what?’’ Lisa smirked and winked at her, her eyes showing full affection and adoration

‘’Like you’re in love with me’’ Chaeyoung

‘’Well,’’ Lisa held out her arm for Chaeyoung to grab ‘’You’ll soon find out’’

Jennie’s heart dropped when she saw Chaeyoung accept the gesture and turned around to not see the sight ‘’Well, we better get going then’’

Chaeyoung nodded in agreement ‘’Let’s go’’

Jennie looked beside and and felt determined 

''I will make up for you my hubby''


Belated Merry Christmas to all of you! As I've said I am focusing on finishing this story as I am writing chapters right now. I can see that mosty of you really want Chaennie huh wellllllll

Just read the story and you'll find out who ends up with who ;) Thank you so much for supporting this story! I am going to keep my promise of finishing this story for you guys! Saranghae!

P.S Please support Rose's solo soon ;)