Exes Talk

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

Within the day all seems normal, though Jisoo is still quiet and Jennie also. Thankfully, Chaeyoung and Lisa still managed to bring them smiles and laughs every once in a while.

Lisa stretched her body at her chair and sighed ‘’Today has been quite alright than I thought…’’ She looked at the silent Jisoo and Jennie who have been fixing their things because class just ended. ‘’I hope tomorrow everything would be fine…’’ Lisa said sadly ‘’I miss them…’’

Lisa felt a hand on her own and she looked to see who it was. A soft smile immediately replaced her sadness in her face

‘’Everything will be okay,’’ Chaeyoung smiled and kissed her forehead ‘’I miss them too okay? But let’s keep on reaching out to them so that we wouldn’t break apart understood?’’

‘’Sir yes sir!’’ Lisa said like a soldier effectively making Chaeyoung laugh. ‘’No go after your ex, and I’ll go after mine’’ Chaeyoung winked

Lisa pinched Chaeyoung’s cheek ‘’You better return to me okay?’’ She said jokingly. Chaeyoung saw Jisoo standing up and hurrying to go home after saying a quick ‘’bye’’

‘’I better go after her then.’’ Chaeyoung said but before she could hurriedly follow Jisoo, Lisa pulled her back and kissed her exactly on the lips.

Jennie closed her eyes and tightened her grip to her bag, she has been waiting or the two to separate so that she and Lisa could talk ‘’Bear with it Jen…just bear with it.’’

Chaeyoung pulled away with a blush ‘’I-I’ll call you later babe’’ She said before hurriedly following Jisoo but not before giving Jennie a quick hug and ‘bye’

Jennie gave her a tight smile and nodded. With that, the two love rivals are now left alone in their classroom. Lisa stood up and picked up her bag, flashing a reassuring smile to Jennie ‘’Let’s go to the café near our neighborhood?’’

Jennie blinked, well she was feeling quite hungry ‘’Sure. Let’s talk there.’’ Lisa surprised her by linking their arms together making her stiffen up. Lisa felt that and said ‘’Jeez Jen, it’s like you’re not used to me anymore’’ She joked before giggling ‘’Well, I suppose it was my fault for that…’’

Jennie looked at Lisa with a surprised look ‘’What is up with her mature attitude all of a sudden?’’

‘’Relax Jen,’’ Lisa said giving her a warm smile ‘’I’m still your best friend no matter what right?’’ She stuck out her tongue at her

Jennie finally let out a genuine smile and chuckled ‘’Of course you are, you dork.’’

‘’But I’m your dork’’ Lisa said making a heart with her arms. Jennie laughed ‘’Stop that! It’s so cringey!’’

‘’Why? It brings back unpleasant memories to you?’’ Lisa teased

‘’Yeah, it does’’ Jennie stuck out her tongue. Lisa laughed and they continued on walking, bringing back the comfortable atmosphere they once had before the love triangle started.


‘’Jichu wait!’’

Jisoo tensed up and continued on walking faster.

‘’Yah! Stop ignoring me!’’

Jisoo sighed and stopped walking. Turning around, she watch as Chaeyoung caught up to her and stopped right in front of her, panting and pouting at her.

‘’Jeez, even with my long legs, you sure walk fast.’’ Chaeyoung complained. Jisoo’s lips started to twitch in a smile but she prevented it.

‘’Why are you following me Chaeng?’’ Jisoo asked ‘’ I thought you were going home with Lisa and Jennie?’’

‘’The four of us walk together home until a certain someone suddenly left’’ Chaeyoung said giving her a pointed look.

Jisoo was quiet and neither of them was moving or making any action. Chaeyoung’s eyes softened ‘’Jichu…what’s is going on with you? Why can’t you talk about it to us? We're your best friends and we're really worried for you.’’

‘’…it’s none of your business Chaeng’’ Jisoo closed her eyes to not see the hurt flash at Chaeyoung’s face. She turned around to continue walking home until a hand on her shoulder stopped her.

‘’It’s my business if it’s hurting you!’’ Chaeyoung shouted

‘’If we’re just going to fight like this, it will be better to not just talk about it at all’’ Jisoo gritted her teeth and turned around fiercely. Chaeyoung froze at the intense look at Jisoo’s eyes and took a step back when Jisoo stepped forward until she was pinned at the cement wall beside her.

‘’…please Jichu…don’t be afraid to open up to me. I love you okay? That’s why I’m here talking to you because it hurts me seeing you in pain and not yourself…’’ Chaeyoung said softly, touching Jisoo’s face with a delicate hand.

Jisoo clenched her fist and punched the wall beside Chaeyoung’s head making Chaeyoung’s heart jump in fright and looking at her unnie with a slight afraid look.

‘’I…I don’t need anyone right now Chaeng. Please,’’ Jisoo looked up to her and pain is evident in her eyes as well as slight tears. ‘’leave me alone’’

Chaeyoung stood there unmoving as Jisoo left her in a hurry. Tears slowly getting away from her eyes as she watched Jisoo disappear from her sight

‘’What’s…what’s going on with you Jichu?’’


‘’So, what is it that you want to talk to me about?’’ Jennie asked, sipping from her frappe. Lisa flinched as a puppy barked at her and left them alone. Jennie chuckled ‘’Something’s never change’’

‘’Well…’’ Lisa said ‘’it’s about Chaeyoung.’’

Jennie’s heart skipped a beat hearing the name ‘’’What about my hubby then?’’

Lisa gave her a disapproved look at the endearment before shrugging it off ‘’Well first, I never bring Chaeyoung here because the dogs here love me so much.’’ Jennie giggled at that.

‘’And second, I want us to forget about us being love rivals.’’ Lisa said

Jennie looks confused ‘’What do you mean by that?’’

Lisa sighed ‘’Jen…I know you’re hurting even right now. Speaking to me must took a lot of courage for you, because talking to the love rival that you just lost your girl to…If I was in your position, I would probably not talk to you right now.’’ Lisa chuckled

Jennie remained quiet letting Lisa talk and she was right. She is very much hurting right now and even speaking to her just reminds her that she lost the love of her life to this person because she lacked the first move.

‘’I’m not here to flaunt that Chaeyoung is my girlfriend…I’m here to clear any more bad blood between us. I want us to accept what is and move on from this…’’ Lisa said passionately

‘’Before you became my love rival, you’re my first friend Jen.’’ Lisa smiled ‘’My first girlfriend, my first ex, my first childhood friend and especially…my first sister’’

‘’You’re important to me Jennie…Chaeyoung taught me how important our friendship is despite us being together.’’ Jennie was quiet, her heart clenching seeing how in love Lisa is with Chaeyoung.

‘’So I hope starting tomorrow or even next week, we’ll be back to the way it was…I really miss you guys and I know I have been too caught up on making Chaeyoung mine the past few months, but now that’s all over.'' Lisa reached out to hold Jennie's hand ''Just like Jisoo-unnie said, this is our last year being together in high school…who knows where we’ll end up with college’’ Lisa chuckled sadly ‘’I want to spend my last year in high school with not just Chaeyoung, but the four of us together.’’

‘’Lisa…’’ Jennie was speechless, maybe she can do that? Just enjoy the last year of high school with her best friends even though she loves one of them…Even though it hurts seeing the two of them together, maybe time will dull it? She remembered Jisoo saying that feelings do go away maybe it can be applied to her as well?

Jennie took a deep breath ‘’You’re right…we should spend this year together as sisters’’ She smiled ‘’I’m going to be honest with you Lalisa…I’m still in love with Chaeyoung.’’ Lisa stiffened at that ‘’But she said yes to you’’ Jennie smiled sadly ‘’I’m not a snake, I’m not going to ruin both of your relationship seeing that the both of you are happy with each other…However I’m not going to bury these feelings because I know that it will just get stronger. I just hope that it will go away as time passes by’’

‘’I just want one condition…’’ Jennie said

‘’What is it Jen?’’

‘’I want you two to stop being lovers whenever the four of us are together…I just want to enjoy us being together without feeling pain’’

Lisa was quiet, she could do that. After all she can be Chaeyoung’s lover when they’re alone. So she nodded ‘’Okay Jen…do I need to tell Chaeyoung about this condition?’’

Jennie shook her head ‘’No…it will make her curious on why I said that. If she finds out that I’m in love with her…It will just become awkward between us. I want to end our year together with no awkwardness’’

Both of them were quiet afterwards, thinking about the love of their life, smiling at the thought of her. They looked at each other and laughed.

‘’She’s a goddess isn’t she?’’ Lisa giggled

Jennie laughed ‘’Yeah…she is.’’ She smiled softly


Lisa plopped down to her bed and took a deep breath. ‘’Phew…that went well’’ She smiled giddily before getting her phone to call her girlfriend.

A ring was heard and when it was answered she greeted her

‘’Hey babe! My talk with Jennie ended well and I’m pretty sure she’ll be back to normal before we know it’’ Lisa excitedly said. She heard Chaeyoung’s sigh and was concerned ‘’Yours didn’t end well?’’

‘’No…this is the first time that Jisoo-unnie shut me out…I don’t know what to do Lisa…everytime I get closer to her she just kept on pushing me away, pushing us away.’’ Chaeyoung said sadly to her.

Lisa frowned ‘’Tomorrow, the three of us will talk to her okay? We'll go to her house.'' She smiled hoping that it wil reach to her girlfriend. ''Cheer up please babe…I don’t want you to sleep with heavy thoughts on your head and even frowning.’’

She heard Chaeyoung sniff and she must be crying because of it, Lisa’s heart clench and that made her more determined, they will fix this tomorrow. ‘’Don’t cry now chipmunk…I love you’’ Lisa said in hopes of cheering her up

‘’I love you too…thank you for trying to cheer me up’’ Chaeyoung said and smiled at the phone.

‘’I’m your girlfriend and your happiness is my priority’’ Lisa softly said ‘’Wipe your tears okay? It’s night so we should go to sleep already. Everything will be settled tomorrow okay?’’ She said while making kissy sounds.

Chaeyoung laughed at the sounds ‘’Alright alright stop the kissing sounds already’’ She said

Lisa finally smiled in relief hearing that ‘’Well now you’re laughing. Good night chipmunk! I love you!’’

‘’I love you too’’ She heard Chaeyoung before hanging up. Lisa changed to her pajamas and looked at the ceiling of her room

‘’Everything will be settled tomorrow…I hope’’


Chaeyoung looked at her phone, ringing and waiting for a certain someone to answer. She sighed in dismay seeing it not answered again.

‘’What is wrong with you Jichu…’’ Chaeyoung whispered ‘’I’ve been trying to contact you since earlier and you’re not answering…why won’t you open up to me?’’

She laid at her bed and thought of her unnie. She’s been like that after a few days of her and Lisa being together. It was a sudden change but they thought maybe it was her period. But this lasted long enough, Jisoo has been going through something and won’t admit it.

‘’Maybe it has something to do with us and her family…Jennie did mention about her family once and she stiffened when she heard that. If it was only about her family, she would definitely tell us…’’

She was cut off of her thoughts and her phone ringed. Her heart skip a beat hoping that it was her unnie unfortunately it was an unknown number.

‘’Who is this?’’ Chaeyoung murmured to herself before answering it.

‘’Hello?’’

‘’Chaeyoung? Is this your number?’

Chaeyoung recognized the voice and said ‘’Ji-yoon unnie? Is this really you?’’

‘’Glad you still recognize my voice’’ Ji-yoon laughed before turning sorrowful ‘’I need your help Chaeyoung…’’

‘’Is this about Jisoo?’’ Chaeyoung sadly said. Ji-yoon was surprised but said ‘’Yeah…she’s been going through a rough…problem and sadly it’s because of us. We can’t reach out to her and I was hoping you could. She’s been locking herself up in her room for how many days already.’’

‘’And right now,’’ Ji-yoon said ‘’I think…I think she’s been drinking alcohol.’’

Chaeyoung was shocked, her mature unnie drinking alcohol? ‘’Maybe that’s why she suddenly called me the other day, her mood swing so fast and the hiccups…’’

Her eyes widened in realization ‘’Is she…Is she in her room right now?’’

‘’Yeah…Am I thinking what you’re thinking?’’ Ji-yoon asked in curiosity.

Chaeyoung stood up and packed some clothes necessities in her bag as she answers Jisoo’s sister with determination.

‘’Yeah unnie, I’m coming over right now.’’


Yay another update! I was glad that I was able to finish one chapter so it made me update right now. Stay safe in your houses everyone! Drink lots of water and be healthy! More updates will be coming soon enough.