Problems

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’So that’s what happened…’’ Mrs. Kim said after Jennie opened up all her feelings and problems to her mother. Jennie nodded and seeing the thoughtful face of her mother made her realize how blessed she is of how much her family loved her and even accepted her being a lesbian. And right now, she felt like a weight has been lifted off her chest since she’s been holding it for a week.

Mrs. Kim chuckled ‘’It’s really blind of me to not notice your feelings for her and all I have done is compliment those two…’’ She said sadly, she put her hand on her daughter’s own hand ‘’I’m so sorry for not knowing your feelings earlier…If I have known more about it, I would have set you two up’’

Jennie got teary-eyed on what her mother said but laughed at her last sentence ‘’Mom stop. I’m already coming to terms about them being a couple…’’

‘’ But you still love her right?’’

Jennie cringed at that and sadly nodded

‘’Then why don’t you go after her?’’ Mrs. Kim said ‘’The daughter that I raised does not give up that easily.’’

‘’But you didn’t raise a snake’’ Jennie sadly smiled ‘’ It’s not that I’m giving up…It’s called respecting them because even I’m not blind to see that they are happy together’’ Jennie clenched her fist ‘’I-I love her…I love her so much mom that even seeing her happy with Lisa punches me through the gut. I love seeing happiness in her face but somehow, with Lisa being the cause of it, it always remind me of my mistake of being lenient and too confident that Chaeyoung will end up with me…’’

Mrs. Kim can’t help but be hurt seeing the state her daughter is in. Her respect for her daughter has truly risen hearing her words and she didn’t regret of supporting her decisions while guiding her along the way. This is probably the most emotional talk they have ever experienced. She is in conflict, she wants to do something for her daughter’s happiness. Christmas is coming so there should be a way to make her happy right?

Mrs. Kim nodded with determination ‘’I’ll make a way, I won’t let her be broken like this.’’ She hugged her daughter while whispering words of comfort to lessen her pain.

While Jennie was calming down, Mrs. Kim finally thought of a plan to make their Christmas merrier. She smiled

‘’That might work.’’


Chaeyoung went home that day feeling exhausted, Lisa took her to an ice cream parlor and they spend their day up until night. Jennie and Jisoo went home early and strangely, they’re in an awkward terms with each other and she didn’t know why.

‘’Did they have a fight or something?’’ Chaeyoung whispered before hearing her phone ring again.

‘’Hello?’’

‘’Hey babe! Just making sure you’re home safe and sound’’ Lisa’s sweet voice entered her ears. She smiled and replied ‘’Yeah I’m home. You really tired me out today’’

‘’But we didn’t do anything physical today’’ Lisa chuckled ‘’Does hanging out with my hotness tires you too much?’’

Chaeyoung scoffed ‘’Oh shut up Manoban’’

‘’Don’t use a tone like that to your future last name!’’

Chaeyoung blushed at that ‘’Y-yah we’re still studying and you’re already thinking of getting married!’’

‘’What’s wrong with planning our future?’’ Lisa giddily smiled ‘’Don’t you want a future with me?’’ Lisa pouted using her aegyo voice.

‘’You’re so cute I want to smack you with my pillow right now.’’

‘’I’m not cute, I’m hot’’

Both of them laughed at each other and the smile on their face could not be taken off ‘’Well, we should go to sleep chipmunk. Our 1st semester is ending soon so let’s finish this stupid semester and spend Christmas together soon’’

‘’Yeah, you’re right. I’m really sleepy right now. I’ll see you tomorrow okay?’’ Chaeyoung said sweetly

‘’Definitely! You better get up early or I’ll be the one waking you up’’ Lisa said cheekily making Chaeyoung groan ‘’Fineeeeeeee’’

Lisa giggled and said in a soft tone ‘’ Good night chipmunk, I love you so much’’

Chaeyoung smiled softly, only to her that Lisa uses a tone of voice like that ‘’Sweet dreams my love, I love you too’’

With that the two ended their call and Chaeyoung turned off her lights. Just as she was about to close her eyes, another ring was heard.

‘’…Lisa?’’ Chaeyoung yawned before picking it up

‘’Hello? Lisa?’’

‘’…Hey Chaeng’’

Chaeyoung blinked ‘’Jisoo-unnie?’’

‘’Hi’’ Chaeyoung heard Jisoo hiccup

‘’Hey…why did you call unnie? Is there something wrong?’’ Chaeyoung asked worried since Jisoo has been not herself for a while now and she thought it might be because of Jennie because they have been awkward.

‘’No…j-just wanted to hear your voice’’

Chaeyoung stood up from her bed ‘’Jichu have you been crying?’’ She said seriously with a tint of worry

‘’No, w-why whould I be crying?’’ Jisoo giggled like she’s drunk.

‘’…I’m coming over’’ Chaeyoung said

‘’No!’’ Jisoo yell made Chaeyoung stop from doing what she said ‘’No Chaeng…please not now’’

‘’Jichu…’’ Chaeyoung said softly

‘’I-I got to go. Need to sleep early for school tomorrow right’’ Jisoo said with a tremble in her voice ‘’Bye Chaeng, love you’’

But before Chaeyoung could say anything, Jisoo hanged up the call. Chaeyoung stared at her phone and laid down at her bed, staring at the ceiling. First Jennie being broken then Jisoo hiding something from her, not only that her recent problem has also been running through her head…all of these problems started ever since she and Lisa has been together.

‘’What is going on…’’


‘’Chipmunk! I’m here!’’ Lisa yelled. She waited and tapped her foot impatiently, Lisa was about to yell again but the door opened revealing her beautiful girlfriend.

‘’My girlfriend’’ Lisa smiled affectionately, she immediately grabbed Chaeyoung’s hand and kissed it while looking at Chaeyoung’s eyes ‘’Good morning my chipmunk’’ Lisa said in her aegyo voice before frowing in concern seeing the distress in Chaeyoung’s face ‘’Is there something wrong?’’

Chaeyoung sighed, intertwining her hand with Lisa’s and gripping it tightly ‘’There’s something wrong with our friends…’’

Lisa raised her eyerbrows ‘’Jennie and Jisoo?’’ She thought about it and her face contorted in concern ‘’You’re right…Jisoo does seem to be not herself and I kind of miss her…as well as Jennie’’ She said Jennie’s name in a whisper.

‘’Speaking of Jennie….’’ Lisa thought, she still haven’t talk to Jennie about Chaeyoung yet, she knows that Jennie is probably heartbroken that’s why she’s distancing herself from her and Chaeyoung. Now that Chaeyoung is her girlfriend, there’s no need to compete. It’s time to tighten up their friendship once again.

‘’Hmmm… how about this, later after school we’ll talk to them. I’ll talk to Jennie then you’ll talk to Jisoo. After all, we were their former ex, maybe we’ll be able to reach out to them’’ Lisa snickered at the ex part.

Chaeyoung giggled at that ‘’Yeah you’re right. Besides, Jisoo-unnie and wifey are actually awkward to each other recently…’’

‘’Probably because Jisoo helped me in making you my girlfriend…’’ Lisa thought in sadness, she didn’t mean to hurt Jennie like that, she just really needed someone to hold onto that and Jisoo and Jennie are her only friends. Of course she can’t let Jennie know about it, and after persuading Jisoo, she finally agreed.

Flashback

‘’Jisoo-unnie please help me!’’ Lisa pouted, after begrudgingly letting Jennie walk Chaeyoung home, she started persuading Jisoo on helping her in her plan.

Jisoo sighed and massaged her forehead in distress ‘’Lisa…you know that I can’t help you. Jendeukie will be really hurt when she finds out I helped you in this.’’

‘’Please unnie….I really need someone to help me and you’re the only one I can depend on in that time…’’ Lisa stopped walking and sighed ‘’I have to make this work unnie…I need to make this work…’’

Jisoo’s eyes softened seeing the usual hyper maknae in distress also ‘’But…Jennie will be really hurt from this. I told you before right? I won’t help any of you two because the two of you are my best friends.’’

Lisa was quiet for a moment before speaking up ‘’Please unnie, you’re my only hope’’ She said sadly before flashing a suspicious look to Jisoo ‘’Unless you still love chipmunk?’’

Jisoo snapped her head to her so fast that Lisa thought it would break ‘’I told you before,’’ Jisoo said almost stoically ‘’I already moved on’’ She emphasized each word before sighing again.

‘’Just…why? Why are you so desperate on wanting me to help you?’’ Jisoo crossed her arms at her

‘’Because of you.’’

Jisoo raised her eyebrows in surprise ‘’Wha-? That doesn’t make any sense at all’’

‘’Because you said that Chaeyoung doesn’t do the first move anymore’’ Lisa firmly said making Jisoo listen to her intently ‘’If I continue on just sending signals and not making any actual move to make her my girlfriend…this could go on forever unnie. It has been a while since I confessed to her and I just got this positive feeling that she’ll say yes if I do this correctly’’

Lisa held Jisoo’s hand and said ‘’Please unnie, help me while I’m still feeling brave on doing all this’’ She said with her lips trembling.

Jisoo closed her eyes to not look unto the maknae’s hopeful eyes ‘’I’m sorry Jendeukie, I’ll explain afterwards’’

‘’Fine’’

End Flashback

‘’ Yah Lalisa!’’

Lisa snapped out of her flashback and sent a toothy grin to her girlfriend ‘’Sorry about that, let’s go already.’’

‘’But what about wifey? Isn’t she coming with us?’’

Lisa frowned at the endearment but shrugged it off ‘’I saw her went ahead earlier, let’s go to Jisoo-unnie then’’

Chaeyoung frowned but nodded anyways, and with that, the two girlfriend went on to fetch their unnie and go to school.

Jennie sighed as she sat down on her desk, she went on early and not with her three friends. After talking to her mother yesterday, she needed some time for herself and to move on. ‘’I have to…I need to if I want to be happy again…’’

She was alone in the classroom since she is quite early, so she was surprised when the door of their classroom opened revealing one person she also doesn’t want to see right now

‘’Jisoo…’’ She whispered. Jisoo looked at her and walked towards her seat, placing her bag down and suddenly staring off to space.

The awkwardness is evident between them and the tension can be sliced by just their nail. Yup, it’s that heavy. Jennie took a deep breath and said

‘’Jisoo’’

‘’Jennie’’

They said at the same time ‘’You go first unnie’’ Jennie said

‘’No you go first’’

‘’No you’re the older one, you go first’’

‘’Where is the age doesn’t matter sign when you need it’’

They both chuckled, slowly lifting the awkwardness between them. The comforting smile that Jisoo sent to Jennie made the cat-eyed girl tear up, neither of them making a move to each other.

Jisoo opened her arms ‘’Just do it you scaredy-cat’’  She said jokingly

Jennie giggled and launched herself to Jisoo, hugging her tightly and letting a few tears shed from her eyes.

‘’I’m sorry Jendeukie…I didn’t want to hurt your heart or push you away from Chaeryoung for Lisa…’’ Jisoo whispered to her and let go of the hug then began to tell her how Lisa persuaded her in helping her out to ask Chaeyoung to be her girlfriend.

‘’So that’s what happened…’’ Jennie whispered before chuckling sadly ‘’ I knew I was in the wrong…You didn’t betray me…’’

‘’I could never do that to you Jendeukie…the three of you are my best friends, sisters even.’’ Jisoo sadly smiled ‘’How are you?’’

Jennie smiled sadly back ‘’…Not fine’’

Jisoo laughed ‘’That was a stupid question right’’

‘’It sure is’’ Jennie giggled ‘’How about you? I noticed something is wrong with you and your family’’

Jisoo visibly stiffened at that, the humor in her body and mind quickly disappeared ‘’We’re fine.’’ She said like she was a robot

Jennie narrowed her eyes at her ‘’Unnie, you can tell me…’’

Jisoo stiffened even more when Jennie touched her ‘’Don’t touch me!’’ She shouted

Jennie was surprised and quickly retract her hand, hurt visible in her face.

‘’I-I’m sorry’’ They both said to each other.

‘’Please, not now Jendeukie…’’

Jennie slowly nodded, her heart calming down after that quick fright when Jisoo shouted. The door opened and the unnie quickly looked at the newcomers.

‘’Geez unnie, if you’re going to school without us you should have texted us’’ Lisa groaned seeing Jisoo already in the classroom, she was worried that something happened at her unnie but was quickly relieved seeing her fine and talking also fine with Jennie.

Chaeyoung smiled seeing them close to each other again. ‘’Looks like they talked it out after all’’

‘’Don’t complain much babe, at least unnie is safe and sound’’ Chaeyoung said making Lisa smile and calm down. Lisa looked at Chaeyoung and nodded, signaling to start their plan.

Chaeyoung nodded back and they both walked towards them.

‘’Hey Jen,’’ Lisa called out to her making Jennie look at her questioningly. Lisa smiled ‘’Let’s talk after class.’’

Jennie looks confused and a bit nervous but seeing Lisa’s smile made her feel that this talk might do good than bad so she agreed

‘’Sure.’’

While the two were talking, Chaeyoung held Jisoo’s hand and softly said ‘’Hey there…’’

Jisoo stiffened but let Chaeyoung touch her, somehow her touch still manages to calm down the turmoil inside her. She looked at Chaeyoung longingly before shaking her head

‘’W-what is it?’’ She whispered like she was scared

Chaeyoung frowned at the fragile state of her unnie, she held Jisoo’s cheek and caressed it ‘’Let’s talk later okay? I’m not going to let you hold this any longer…’’

Jisoo felt her heart stop at her actions and just nodded, afraid that if she talked any longer, she would cry.

Lisa frowned at Chaeyoung’s action towards her ex ‘’Yah Chaeyoungie, help me with  my assignment please’’

Chaeyoung quickly let go of Jisoo and gave her a quick hug ‘’I’ll talk to you later unnie.’’

Lisa finally let her jealousy go when Chaeyoung kissed her cheek ‘’Now let’s do this you lazy monkey’’

Lisa giggled and laid her head at Chaeyoung’s shoulder as Chaeyoung taught her more about her assignment. Jennie looked at them and sighed, deciding to sleep through the time while Jisoo closed her eyes and decided to listen to some music to calm down the turmoil inside of her.


Problems are now appearing for the four girls. I do wonder what Chaeyoung's recent problem is...Hope you guys will be with me until the end! Currently writing chapters up to finish. Who knows when I finish it, I might drop 5 chapters....just kidding! That's kind of hard to do you know. Anyways everyone please stay safe and stay in your houses! Take care of yourselves!