Reflection

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

Author's Note at the end of the chapter~

 RIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

The bell rang signaling the end of the first day of school

‘’Make sure to not leave your things here and be careful on your way home.’’ The teacher said, fixing documents on her table before leaving the room as the students started to rise and pick up their bag while going to their respective group of friends. Well speaking of group, our main four girls started to huddle up and chat to each other once again. The four of them have spent the day together, as if they are all attached to the hip and thanks to Jisoo changing their schedule, their time to each other grew and they spent it with joy and smiles as the three best friends get to know a new member in their little group.

‘’So where do you live Chaeyoung?’’ Jisoo asked.

‘’I really didn’t know the neighborhood but it is just a walking distance from here…I’m still familiarizing myself here in Korea after all.’’ Chaeyoung answered with a sheepish smile.

‘’Want us to walk you there?’’ Jennie offered ‘’If it’s a walking distance then I’m sure our house isn’t that far off too.’’

‘’Are you sure? I don’t want to bother you guys after all…’’ Chaeyoung shyly look away. Jennie grinned ‘’It’s okay Chaeng, we have all the time in the world.’’

‘’If you say so…’’ Chaeyoung said before grinning back. ‘’Sometimes I feel like those two have a world on their own.’’ Jisoo commented to Lisa who was surprisingly quiet.

‘’You should speak for youself unnie.’’ Jennie heard her and striked back making Chaeyoung giggle.

‘’Anyways let’s go?’’ Jennie smiled and offered her hand to Chaeyoung. ‘’I hope she’s comfortable enough to hold hands…After all friends do hold hands to each other.’’

Chaeyoung smiled and held Jennie’s hand ‘’Let’s go guys?’’ She said to Jisoo and Lisa. Jennie smiled happily, feeling Chaeyoung’s soft hands holding hers and there goes her heart again…beating erratically and butterflies going crazy inside of her. Damn Chaeyoung for making her feel like this…’’But I like it’’ Jennie hummed happily and went towards the door of their classroom tugging Chaeyoung’s hand signaling for her to get going.

‘’Never seen Jendeukie so happy meeting someone...’’ Jisoo narrowed her eyes ‘’Does she…?’’ Jisoo shook her head, who was she kidding? Jennie is clingy with everyone she’s close with. That’s why she got the nickname Jendeukie after all, in which Lisa stole from her when they were in a relationship. Well, speaking of the maknae.

Jisoo looked at the usually loud member of their little group‘’Lisa? You’ve been quiet for a while. Is there something wrong?’’ Jennie and Chaeyoung stopped walking to look back at the maknae, a bit of worry in their face since Lisa has been a bit quiet.

Lisa shook her head quickly ‘’N-no unnie! I just feel a little sleepy…’’

 ‘’Let’s go home then, I am getting a bit sleepy too.’’ Jisoo said while yawning a bit ‘’I think I’ll take a nap when I get home…’’

Lisa nodded ‘’Me too…’’ Her eyes flickering a bit at Jennie and Chaeyoung’s joined hand and that made her stay quiet once again. She shook her head ‘’What am I thinking? I can’t take away Chaeyoung’s attention all the time…but…’’ Lisa bit her lip as the four of them successfully went out of their school, the sky turning a bit orange meaning that the day is about to end.  ‘’I can’t help it…’’ Her eyes flickering once again to their hands, as all of them were conversing with each other with Lisa just nodding and saying a few words for them not to be suspicious of her well…suspicious behavior.

Lisa sighed and forced a smile on her face, her hand searching for something to hold since she’s been itching to hold something after seeing Jennie and Chaeyoung holding hands while chatting happily, so she decided to hold Jisoo’s hand while walking.

 ‘’Yah what’s with the hand holding today.’’ Jisoo rolled her eyes swatting Lisa’s hand away. ‘’But unnie!!! We can’t let Jennie and Chaeyoung outdo us! Let’s hold hands too! After all we are best friends!’’ Lisa pouted using her aegyo voice making Jisoo cringe ‘’Argh stop with the aegyo jeez…’’ The two started to bicker once again making the other two snicker.

‘’Does Lisa bicker with anyone?’’ Chaeyoung asked Jennie. Jennie nodded ‘’Yeah…but she always lose so it doesn’t even matter.’’

Chaeyoung laugh, Jennie smiling to herself for being the reason for that, ‘’Wow unnie you are full of savageness…Did you get that from Jisoo-unnie?’’

Jennie chuckles ‘’Nah, I’m pretty sure we’re different.’’ Chaeyoung smiled at that and continued chatting with Jennie as the other two was a bit busy arguing.

Jennie of course happily replied back and continued conversing with Chaeyoung, savoring this moment of having another friend to talk while the two were bickering like little kids, not only just a friend, but a friend that makes her heart beat faster and unlocking the butterflies inside of her with every smile, laugh and even a squeeze in their joined hands. ‘’I’m definitely going to enjoy this last year of high school…’’


‘’Chaeyoung…’’ Jennie started looking at the house in front of her before glancing rather far from her left.

‘’What is it Jennie-unnie?’’ Chaeyoung tilted her head.

‘’Well, looks like we’re neighbors.’’ Jennie grinned ‘’Not literelly next to each other but…close enough.’’ Jennie pointed her house ‘’You’re only four houses apart from me.’’

‘’And me too!’’ Lisa pouted raising her hand like a little kid she is.

Jisoo rolled her eyes ‘’You’re five houses apart from Chaeyoung…’’

‘’Still! Chaeyoung’s house is near ours!’’ Lisa said excitedly ‘’Jisoo-unnie’s house is pretty near too! It may take some time but it isn’t that long!’’

Chaeyoung raised her eyebrows amusingly at Lisa ‘’Did the unnies give you candy for you to be in a sugar rush?’’

‘’Don’t look at me, I was with you the whole time.’’ Jennie shrugged so Chaeyoung looked at Jisoo

‘’Do you even think I buy candy just so Lisa could eat them?’’ Jisoo deadpanned. ‘’Besides, just ignore her and she’ll go back to normal’’ She waved it off as Lisa pouted and sulked.

‘’Now she’s sulking!’’ Chaeyoung exclaimed before stepping closer to Lisa and side-hugging her ‘’Why do you guys always bully her?’’ She said jokingly while patting the maknae’s head.

Lisa stopped sulking and in a breath, she never expected Chaeyoung to hug her all of a sudden. She feels so warm and Lisa can’t help but feel tingly all inside ‘’I never wanted to leave from her arms.’’ She sighed and closed her eyes in contentment.

Jennie blinked and saw a bit of red but controlled herself, she doesn’t want Chaeyoung to see that side of hers…yet. She really hopes that Lisa is just acting her usual self and not having a crush to their new companion. ‘’That will make things very hard…’’ Jennie bit her lip, she doesn’t want any fight happening between the four of them especially if it involves feelings. She already feels enough guilt for leaving Jisoo all alone when she and Lisa were in a relationship…She doesn’t want anyone to get hurt at all. ‘’I need to stop this…I need to stop having a crush or even possibly developing feelings to Chaeyoung…’’ But seeing Lisa being hugged by the said girl have her insides feel twisted making her sigh ‘’This will be hard…’’

‘’We don’t bully her Chaeng’’ Jisoo answered ‘’We’re just really good friends that we always say the truth’’ She said it proudly successfully getting a laugh from the black haired girl as she lets go of Lisa who was flushing a bit. ‘’Shush stop it unnie.’’ Chaeyoung smiled before entering the gate of her house. ‘’Guess I’ll see you guys tomorrow?’’ She said with a smile.

‘’Definitely! If you want I can wait for you outside your house and let’s go to school together?’’ Lisa offered with a grin. Chaeyoung brightened up ‘’Sure! I would love that!’’

‘’I’ll come too.’’ Jennie said rather firmly making the three of them look at her, probably noticing her change of tone. ‘’Can’t let you two go to school together, you’re still little kids after all.’’ She immediately switched her tone to a teasing one.

Chaeyoung pouted ‘’Unnie! I’m a mature young girl!’’ Jennie chuckled ‘’Still, you both are the maknae line between us. Still dangerous Chaeng.’’

‘’What is it with people trying to steal my created nicknames.’’ Jisoo huffed. Chaeyoung giggled ‘’Out of all the nickname unnie, Chaeng is the most suitable for me.’’

Jisoo grinned evilly ‘’Do you want me to return your old nickname?’’

Chaeyoung paled ‘’Uhmm…I got to greet my mom now unnie. I’ll see you tomorrow okay? We’re going to also go to your house tomorrow so you better be ready!’’ Chaeyoung said rather fast before jogging towards the door of her house ‘’See you guys tomorrow!’’ She said waving and finally entering her house.

‘’What was that about?’’ Jennie raised her eyebrows to Jisoo who was chuckling ‘’Oh it was nothing. She gets a bit triggered from her other nickname.’’

Lisa got curious ‘’What was it unnie?’’

‘’Can’t tell it, Chaeng will probably get angry at me and be embarrassed at the same time…’’

Jennie laughs a bit ‘’You’re scared of her?’’

Jisoo scoffs ‘’No, if I were to tell it to both of you’’ She then grins evilly again ‘’I want Chaeng to be here to see her reaction. That will probably make my day’’

Jennie shook her head, typical Jisoo. ‘’Let’s go home then? I’m a bit tired from today’s events.’’ The three of them nodded in agreement as they went on their separate ways, replaying today’s events as they walked towards their own homes.

With Chaeyoung

‘’Mom! I’m home!’’ Chaeyoung shouted as she entered their new house. She hummed happily while walking towards the kitchen, hearing her mom cooking.

‘’Welcome home honey’’ Her mom smiled with Chaeyoung kissing her cheek. ‘’How was your first day?’’

Chaeyoung brightened up at the question ‘’It was great!’’ She exclaimed with a small smile ‘’Can you believe that Jisoo-unnie is my classmate? Not only that, I also met two of her best friends and we get along really well.’’ She narrated her first day to her mom with her mom nodding and smiling at the joy she is seeing in her child. ‘’Maybe going to Korea is actually a good idea.’’ Just like any other people, Chaeyoung’s mom thought that her daughter will have a hard time adjusting to a new environment but surprisingly, she adjusted pretty well, and she is also bouncing with joy right now. ‘’Sometimes she still acts like a kid.’’ Chaeyoung’s mom shook her head and seeing that her daughter finished the story telling, she spoke up ‘’That’s great to hear honey. I really thought you will have a hard time adjusting around here but seems like you are doing fine.’’ She smiled

Chaeyoung nodded ‘’Got to change now mom. Call me when dinner’s ready!’’

‘’As you wish my dear daughter’’ Her mom bowed mockingly making Chaeyoung laugh before going to her room.

She placed her bag near to her desk and changed her clothes to a simple short and t-shirt. Plopping down to her own bed, Chaeyoung picked up her phone and decided to call Jisoo to thank her.

‘’Chaeng? What’s up’’ Jisoo’s voice rang through Chaeyoung’s ears. ‘’Hey unnie! Just wanted to say thank you for making me comfortable especially in our school.’’ Chaeyoung thanked her as Jisoo’s chuckles could be heard

‘’It was nothing Chaeng.’’ Jisoo said ‘’So what are your thought to Jennie and Lisa? Horrible aren’t they?’’

Chaeyoung laugh ‘’Still as mean as ever Jichu’’ Jisoo’s snort was heard but Chaeyoung continued anyway ‘’Anyways they’re great! Lisa is really clingy but for some reason I’m comfortable with her. She is like that right?’’

Jisoo hummed ‘’Yeah she’s like that. Probably excited to meet someone new.’’

Chaeyoung nodded and smiled ‘’Jennie-unnie is cool too, I bet it’s tiring dealing with the both of you and Lisa.’’ She joked

‘’Shut up Pasta.’’

Chaeyoung groaned ‘’I said stop calling me that unnie…’’

Jisoo laughed ‘’Anyways, I got to nap Chaeng. Today has been tiring dealing with the three of you.’’

Chaeyoung shook her head ‘’Shut up unnie. Anyways, thanks again! I promise to buy you chicken one of these days’’

‘’Chicken chicken! Make it tomorrow!’’ Jisoo immediately woke up at the word.

‘’Bye unnie~’’ Chaeyoung sang before ending the call, hearing Jisoo calling her name. She shook her head in amusement. Thinking about the four of them together, she is sure she is definitely going to have fun this school year.

Her phone began to rang and saw it was Jisoo. She laughed ‘’Probably about the chicken.’’ She ended the call and heard her mother calling her for dinner.

Chaeyoung was about to go out of her room but her phone got a message. She picked it up and laughed again at the text.

Jichu: Don’t forget the chicken tomorrow!!!!


With Jisoo

After texting Chaeyoung about the chicken, Jisoo lay down to her own bed, closing her eyes to try and take a nap.

‘’Stupid Chaeyoung for mentioning my beloved chicken…’’

Jisoo sighed and decided to reflect about her day. Seeing Jennie and Lisa acquainting with Chaeyoung made her feel proud and happy seeing that they are all getting attached to each other….but

‘’Something is really different about the two…’’ Jisoo said aloud. She may act like a kid but she notices everything . ‘’Lisa being more clingy with Chaeng whom she have just met…Jennie’s at some point was flirting with Chaeng also….’’ Yeah Jisoo has to admit that Chaeyoung is really beautiful, gorgeous even! Though she doesn’t even notice it herself but it’s a compliment that she accepts.

‘’Is it possible for the two to have a crush on her?’’ Jisoo thought but then chuckles ‘’That’s a bit funny though. Guess I’ll have to look upon this more.’’


With Lisa

Lisa entered her room and immediately lay down to her bed, sniffing in the familiar scent of her room making her relax and comfortable. ‘’Finally some rest…’’

She thought about the day today and one person popped up to her mind. ‘’Park Chaeyoung…’’ Lisa instantly grinned at the thought. She really felt a strong bond with Chaeyoung and can’t help but love that way she makes her feel. The girl just makes her head spin with just her scent and Lisa loves the way she smiled and laughed, especially if she was the reason behind it all. She is going to make sure her bond with Chaeyoung will be much stronger as time passes by. Lisa then frowned a bit remembering Chaeyoung and Jennie being…too flirty for her taste…

Lisa wasn’t really the one who thinks too much about it. She’s the type who goes along with the flow.

‘’But one things for sure…’’ She is going to hang out with the said girl as much as possible. Who knows? They could be the best of friends after this year ends. ‘’Lisa! Dinner’s ready!’’

‘’Coming!’’ Lisa shouted back to her mother before going out of her room, her thoughts circling around a certain chipmunk.


With Jennie

 Jennie scrolled down to her phone and cursed to herself a bit. ‘’I forgot to ask for her number…’’

‘Her’ meaning Park Chaeyoung, the new student who apparently is pure Korean but was raised in Australia. The girl who is Jisoo’s best friend apart from her and Lisa. The girl who also makes her heart beat so quick with every moment being spent with her in just a short amount of time, considering she just met her today. The girl who has those amazing body proportional that just made Jennie think not so innocent thoughts as she shook her head willing those thought away as quickly as they came.

‘’I’m really interested in getting to know her…’’ Jennie held her chin in though before narrowing her eyes remembering Lisa being so clingy with Chaeyoung...too clingy in her own opinion… She really wanted to get to know Chaeyoung, who knows, maybe she has many surprises under her sleeves?

‘’Maybe like being into girls too?’’ Jennie blushed at the thought before shaking her head. ‘’I got to really conceal these…whatever I’m feeling.’’ She pursued her lips ‘’I hope I can though…’’

‘’Jennie! Dinner is ready!’’

Jennie stood up and walked downstairs to eat dinner. Even though she knows that she needs to not feel this feeling that she has to Chaeyoung, Jennie knows deep within herself that it will not be that easy and she will probably be attached to Chaeyoung as this year will go by…

Jennie sighs

‘’God help me.’’


Hey guys! I really hoped that you like this story! This story well, it doesn't have any serious plot but who knows? Maybe some crazy idea pops up to me and I will probably write it. Anyways, I'm asking a bit of favor from you all and I would like to know some of your request for this story like for example a Chaennie moment wherein both of them have a study session and well like that you know? So if you want you can request something like that and I will see to it if it fits to the story. I haven't seen much of Chaeyoung being liked by two members since I always read about mostly Lisa and even Jisoo and Jennie. So I decided to make one! I really hoped you all like it! See you in the next chapter! (Not literally see but...you get what I mean)