The Calm Before The Storm?

Lovers Turned To Love Rivals

‘’Hey hubby!’’

Jennie grinned excitedly as she practically ran towards Chaeyoung, who was all alone since Lisa grabbed Jisoo to talk about something. There’s that secretive look in her face once again and Chaeyoung is kind of hurt that Lisa grabbed Jisoo instead of talking to her. She shook her head and faced the older girl with a smile on of her own. 

Who was Chaeyoung to feel hurt when she herself has a secret of her own?

‘’Whoa there’’ Chaeyoung said ‘’What’s the occasion?’’

‘’I just wanted to ask you out tomorrow’’ Jennie exclaimed ‘’It’s been a while since we’ve hanged out…the last time we properly hanged out was probably my birthday’’

Yes, January has ended and February is coming up, which means Chaeyoung’s birthday is just around the corner.

Things have been quite…weird actually just like what Jennie said, Chaeyoung hasn’t been hanging out with her wifey and Jennie’s birthday was probably the last time since the four of them had fun together. They were too busy because of their family, school (those stupid projects and exams are definitely not helping them especially since school year is coming to a close in a few months), and well, basically girlfriend time.

Chaeyoung thought about telling Lisa after Jennie’s birthday, but seeing the troubled and distanced look of her girlfriend made her bit her tongue and they ended that day cuddling and playing Lisa’s ukulele in an effort to cheer her up, and it really worked.

More opportunities came, but Chaeyoung just couldn’t ruin Lisa’s happiness. Seeing her bright eyes and wide smile after her weird troubled look by the end of Jennie’s birthday makes Chaeyoung want to maintain that. They haven’t had much heart-to-heart talk lately…it was mostly going around the mall, studying, doing projects together, etc.

Chaeyoung sighed inwardly ‘’And now it’s been a full two weeks and I haven’t told her yet…’’ Chaeyoung looked at the excited Jennie in front of her making her let out a small smile. The older girl’s excitement has been a balm to her distraught thoughts today, it’s quite relieving to feel it ‘’Aish this wifey…how is she so strong and brave?’’

‘’Now that I got you finally all alone today, I want to ask you out to go to the amusement park with me tomorrow!’’ Jennie flashed two tickets ‘’My mom got it when she went grocery shopping and there was a raffle!’’

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’Looks like I knew where you got you extremely good luck’’

Jennie laughed ‘’Well? You’re free tomorrow right?’’ She bit her lip and looked at her with hopeful eyes

Chaeyoung’s heart melted at the rare sight of her wifey being cute again. Well it’s not rare for her since she’s seen it plenty of times especially their time abroad but, she always feels special seeing this side of Jennie for her eyes only.

Chaeyoung bit her lip in thought, the timing was just too perfect…Lisa will be hanging out with her mom tomorrow so…

‘’This is like, hanging out right? There’s nothing wrong hanging out with Jennie…’’

Oh no, Chaeyoung knew hanging out with Jennie tomorrow with just the two of them is a recipe for another drama. She knew alright, but her heart wants what it wants. She misses the older girl so much that just said

‘’Sure! I would love to go to the amusement park with you wifey’’

Jennie’s eyes lit up and inwardly cheer ‘’Great! I’ll pick you up by 10am so that we could fully enjoy it’’ She sent out a gummy smile ‘’Tell Lisa and Jisoo that I have to go home already by the way, I have to help mom cook something special because dad got a promotion’’

Jennie then suddenly kissed Chaeyoung on the cheek and waved good bye before running to go home. Chaeyoung held her kissed cheek and blushed

‘’It’s been a while since…she kissed me’’

She took a deep breath and stared at the talking girls far away from her

‘’Lisa…’’

A few minutes earlier

Lisa grabbed Jisoo to talk to her ‘’Hey unnie…can we talk?’’

Jisoo looked at the maknae and nodded ‘’Sure…’’

Chaeyoung looked at them worriedly ‘’Is there something wrong Lis?’’

Lisa just smiled at her girlfriend and kissed her at the forehead ‘’I’m fine…I just need to talk to Jisoo-unnie alone’’

Chaeyoung was confused since they were fine all day and for Lisa suddenly having a different look…

‘’Sure…I’ll just wait for wifey here’’

Jisoo felt the tightened hand around hers and just sighed at her dense ex-girlfriend

‘’We’ll be quick Chaeyoungie’’

After making sure they were out of earshot, Lisa turned to Jisoo with a nervous smile

‘’So I have this plan…’’

Jisoo groaned ‘’Lisa we’re not even done of me having to talk to Jennie and now you have another one?’’

Lisa laughed and shook her head ‘’No unnie it’s not about that’’

‘’Then what is it?’’

Lisa grinned excitedly but also a bit of nervousness ‘’It’s Chaeyoung’s birthday…I need help for her perfect gift.’’

‘’What do you mean Lisa?’’

Lisa nodded excitedly ‘’I want to show Chaeyoung how much I love her’’ Lisa opened her phone and showed Jisoo two rings that looks like nails wrapped around to form a ring.

‘’You’re going to propose to her’’ Jisoo said bluntly

Lisa smacked Jisoo’s arm ‘’Stupid unnie! That’s way too early’’ Lisa pouted ‘’It’s a promise ring pabo!’’

Lisa smiled eagerly as she gazed at the ring tenderly “I’m going to ask her to be my prom date at her birthday’’

Jisoo chuckled ‘’Why do you need to do that? Isn’t it already established since both of you are girlfriends?’’

‘’I like it to be formal’’ Lisa answered her ‘’Besides, it’s not that far. Valentines day is our prom night so it’s basically 3 days after Chaeyoung’s birthday.’’

‘’What do you need help in this anyway?’’

Lisa blushed in embarrassment and mumbled so quiet that Jisoo didn’t hear it

‘’If you won’t speak up, I won’t help you’’

‘’I said I need to borrow money!’’

Jisoo looked at the blushing Lisa and laughed out loud

‘’Yah! You’re the only I can borrow money to! Don’t laugh yah!’’ Lisa pouted watching Jisoo laugh hysterically at her

‘’And here I thought you’re going to rant another jealousy tantrum’’ Jisoo snickered, teasing her

Lisa rolled her eyes ‘’For your information, me and my girlfriend are doing just fine right now.’’ Lisa smiled ‘’She kept her promise to sing me songs and well, it feels like we’re back to normal…’’ Then her smile dimmed a bit which didn’t go unnoticed by Jisoo

‘’Well?’’

Lisa sighed, she just couldn’t escape the observant eyes of Kim Jisoo

‘’Well unnie…sometimes Chaeyoung looks at me like she’s wanting to tell me something.’’ Lisa whispered ‘’Something important, I know her well enough to see through that. I'm her girlfriend after all’’

‘’Did you call her out for it?’’

Lisa shook her head ‘’No…I don’t want to ruin the happy atmosphere around us.’’

‘’But Lisa, it might be something important if you caught Chaeyoung looking at you like that’’ Jisoo said gently

‘’I don’t want to okay!’’ Lisa snapped ‘’She’s hesitating…and I want to respect it if she doesn’t want to tell me yet’’

‘’But what if it involves Jenni-‘’

‘’Don’t say it unnie’’ Lisa closed her eyes before her voice breaks into vulnerability ‘’I’m trying to forget about it okay? I don’t want to think about it especially since Chaeyoung’s birthday is coming.’’

‘’Lisa you can’t run away from this…’’ Jisoo grabbed Lisa’s shoulder ‘’Jennie’s home and lock screen wallpapers are pretty suspicious to me if what you said is true... We need to talk them about it sooner or later’’

Lisa bit her lip remembering Jennie’s home screen, that one hit her hard because of the way Chaeyoung looked at Jennie…It hit her so hard that she didn’t have enough strength to confront Jennie about it the morning after. In fact, she was quite tired of all these confrontations, confusion, and pain. So, she decided to just go with the flow and hope for the best.

She and Chaeyoung have been…quite fine actually. They hang out, still kiss from time to time, and Lisa’s new favorite is their music sessions.

Even though she caught the older girl looking at her like she wants to say something before hesitating and just ended up hugging her. As days passed by with no drama or troubled thoughts, she felt calm again about their relationship.

‘’Besides,’’ Lisa smiled at the chipmunk girl far away from them ‘’If Chaeyoung wants to tell me something important, she would tell me sooner or later. I’ll give her time and I won’t push her to tell me’’

She’s scared that she will drive the girl away if she became too assertive so she decided to just let Chaeyoung go on her own pace…and Lisa hopes whatever Chaeyoung wants to open up to her, she’ll say it to her soon. As much as she wants to find out what her problem is, Lisa won’t push her again.

Lisa smiled at Jisoo in appreciation. Whenever she’s not with Chaeyoung, she’s either with her mom or Jisoo. Whenever her jealousy is having its limit, Jisoo was always there to listen to her and keeps on giving her advice that helps her learn more…

Flashback

Lisa dropped her phone and looked at it with crying eyes. She can’t believe that Chaeyoung chose taking care of Jennie instead of her! Okay it was kind of her fault for exploding like that but how can she help it? That’s her girlfriend for Christ sake! Her mind is going crazy just at the thought of numerous possibilities that might have happened while in their vacation

Lisa gritted her teeth in jealousy ‘’Why do they have to go there together anyway…’’

She kept on turning on her bed but she just couldn’t take a nap to escape her thoughts. She grabbed her phone and just looked at Chaeyoung’s contact with pain in her heart

‘’Why chipmunk? Just…why?’’ She cried softly

Lisa looked at another contact and sighed sadly ‘’I know it’s a risk but I just need someone to talk…even if that someone has problems on her own’’

She clicked call and a few rings later, a familiar voice talked

‘’Hello?’’

Lisa smiled weakly ‘’Hey unnie…’’

‘’Lisa? Why did you call in this ungodly hour?’’

Lisa chuckled ‘’I just needed someone to talk to’’

‘’Okay spit it. What’s bugging you?’’

‘’Wow direct to the point huh unnie’’

‘’Just because you’re in Thailand doesn’t mean we have the same time zone’’

‘’Yeah…same time zone’’ Lisa remembered her girlfriend once again and just clenched her fist at the thought of her and Jennie together

‘’Lisa…have you been crying?’’

‘’I uh…’’ Lisa sighed ‘’Yeah…’’

‘’Alright, tell me.’’ Jisoo said seriously

And she did. She opened up all her thoughts to Jisoo, from the day at the airport with Chaeyoung and Jennie, to the latest fight they just had.

‘’Wow that’s…’’ Jisoo said after a few moments of silence ‘’That is unlike of her…’’

‘’You see unnie?!’’ Lisa exclaimed ‘’How could I not feel like this if Chaeyoung’s acting like she didn’t even care about our relationship!’’

‘’Lisa calm down’’ Jisoo said soothingly ‘’You’re letting your jealousy control you too much’’

‘’Unnie I just don’t want to lose her…’’ Lisa whispered ‘’Especially to my love rival…’’

‘’You won’t lose her okay?’’ Jisoo said gently ‘’I guarantee you that later on, Chaeyoung will definitely call and fix this fight of yours. If Jennie is sick, at least try to think that Chaeyoung is taking care of her as a friend. If I got sick and you’re with me and my family, you would take care of me right?’’

‘’Of course you’re my unnie!’’

‘’Then think of it like that until things are clear for both of you’’ Jisoo smiled ‘’I understand that you’re jealous that the two of them are spending Christmas together, but don’t let it consume you too much okay? Jealousy can destroy your relationship if it gets too out of hand…’’

Lisa let Jisoo’s words sink to her thoughts. It’s true that even if Chaeyoung is her girlfriend, her jealousy to Jennie didn’t stop at all. In fact, it got stronger.

‘’Chaeyoung chose you Lisa’’ Jisoo said ‘’Just the concept of her choosing you should mean that she trusts her heart to you…and you must trust her also Lisa. Trust is an important part of a relationship. You need to trust Chaeyoung that she wouldn’t do anything to hurt you’’

‘’I…do trust her’’ Lisa whispered ‘’But Jennie…’’

‘’Lisa, Jennie is our best friend.’’ Jisoo said firmly ‘’Even if she still has feelings for Chaeyoung, she probably respects the both of you’’

Lisa remembered her talk with Jennie at the café and felt guilty ‘’Yeah…you’re right. I’ve been acting like a child even though I cleared things with Jennie and Chaeyoung reassured me that we’ll be fine’’

Jisoo chuckled and joked ‘’Well, you are the maknae after all’’

‘’Whatever’’ Lisa rolled her eyes, feeling a heavy weight lifted off of her ‘’Thank you Jisoo-unnie…’’

‘’Anytime monkey’’

And truth to Jisoo’s word, Chaeyoung did call when she was about to board and managed to make Lisa feel better.

End Flashback

Ever since that day, Lisa decided to be the bigger person and tried to keep her jealousy in check. And if it passes its limit? Jisoo is always there for her.

‘’Unnie I appreciate your concern but me and Chaeyoung are doing pretty fine right now’’ Lisa said ‘’But if it makes you feel better, we’ll ask her about it the day after Chaeyoung’s birthday’’

‘’I’m just worried about you okay?’’ Jisoo said softly ‘’I just don’t want the four of us to drift apart’’

Lisa smiled at her reassuringly ‘’We won’t. I promise.’’ Lisa then winked at her ‘’You know I never break my promises.’’

Jisoo smiled back but her gut feeling is screaming that something bad is going to happen soon…like really bad but she didn’t show it to the maknae seeing she’s pretty determined to prepare a perfect birthday for her girlfriend. 

‘’Sure, and I’ll borrow you some money don’t worry’’ Jisoo chuckled

‘’Now let’s go back to your girlfriend’’


‘’So what are you doing tomorrow?’’ Lisa asked Chaeyoung after dropping Jisoo by her house and are now walking home.

Chaeyoung seemed nervous but managed to tell her ‘’I uhm…going to the amusement park with Jennie-unnie tomorrow. She said her mom won two tickets and she asked me to go with her tomorrow’’

Lisa stopped walking and thought about it deeply, they were now in front of Chaeyoung’s house so her stopping the walk is pretty much a good timing.

Chaeyoung hesitated and asked softly ‘’Is it…okay with you?’’

Lisa frowned at first ‘’Of course it’s okay with me’’ She let out a small smile ‘’Jennie’s our best friend too. Just don’t forget to text me from time to time okay?’’

Chaeyoung looked surprise to see an understanding look in Lisa’s eyes, somehow it made her look more…mature

‘’I trust you babe’’

Chaeyoung felt waves of guilt hit her heart ‘’Trust…’’ Her lips quivered, her eyes trying to desperately will her incoming tears away ‘’She…trust me’’ Does she even deserve Lisa’s trust? Without nothing to say, only three words escaped . Three words she would say a lot to Lisa with 100% confidence as her girlfriend before Christmas happened…

And those three words now have a different meaning to her

‘’I love you…’’

Lisa smiled ‘’I love you too chipmunk’’ She pecked Chaeyoung on the lips ‘’Text me when you’re going to sleep okay?’’

Chaeyoung smiled back at her even though her heart is pulsing with self-loathe ‘’I will’’

Lisa nodded and was about to turn away but she was suddenly engulfed in a hug. Her heart relaxing immediately and she hugged back.

She loves it when Chaeyoung is being clingy to her

‘’Thank you for everything Lisa…’’

Lisa is a bit confused at the sudden appreciation to her but accepted it anyways, tightening her hug to the girl a month older than her and inhaled her scent with a contented sigh

‘’Anything for you chipmunk’’


Jennie waited in front of Chaeyoung’s house and smiled when she saw Mrs. Park going outside

‘’Mrs. Park!’’ She bowed politely ‘’How have you been?’’

Mrs. Park smiled at the girl ‘’Jennie dear! It’s been a while’’ She said ‘’I’ve been quite fine. What are you doing here if I may ask?’’

‘’Me and Chaeyoung are going to the amusement park’’ Jennie smiled excitedly ‘’My mom won it in a raffle and gave it to me instead’’

‘’Oh so that’s why Chaeyoung is searching for a great outfit today’’ Mrs. Park chuckled ‘’Well, I hope you two enjoy it then!’’

‘’We will’’ Jennie grinned and just on time, Chaeyoung appeared right behind her mom

‘’I’m sorry I took so long’’ Chaeyoung said with an apologetic look

‘’It’s fine, I’m just early’’ Jennie sent her a reassuring smile

‘’Be careful you two’’ Mrs. Park said

Chaeyoung kissed her mom’s cheek before going with Jennie as they started to travel towards the amusement park

‘’So what should we ride first?’’ Chaeyoung grinned at her

Jennie looked at the rides and just gulped. Most of them were extreme rides, and she’s not sure if she could handle it if they rode it first. Her eyes lightened up as she saw a safer ride

‘’Let’s go there!’’ Jennie pointed out excitedly

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’You want to start with the Merry-Go-Round?’’

‘’Please?’’ Jennie pouted

‘’Fine you big baby’’ Chaeyoung teased and with a grumbling Jennie beside her, they head towards the Merry-Go-Round and picked their own horses. Chaeyoung got a pink one while Jennie got the black one.

While the handler is taking care of other kids, Jennie is struggling to get on her horse since she’s afraid she’ll fall off without anyone lending her a hand. Chaeyoung giggled a bit seeing the cute sight and decided to help her up.

‘’Here I’ll help you up’’

Jennie felt soft hands grab her waist and help her hoist herself up to the black horse. Jennie blushed a bit feeling unlike her badass self but muttered a small ‘Thanks’

‘’Anytime’’ Chaeyoung smiled and as the ride started, she could feel herself relax and just enjoy the day. Her mind has been occupied with lots of thoughts and going to the amusement park with Jennie might help her escape from it for a while.

The ride started and the other kids scream in delight. Chaeyoung laughed and watched Jennie hold her horse like it's a real one while looking around them with a happy smile. Jennie's eyes caught Chaeyoung's loving stare and she gave her a gummy smile meant for her

Chaeyoung's heart burst at that and smiled back, her gaze turning even more loving as the ride continues. A silent communication between them is amazing, like their happiness is passing off to each other in every second.

After the ride, they decided to go to the rollercoaster by Chaeyoung's choice of course.

''She's so innocent looking but quite an unexpected daredevil'' Jennie gulped, her mind flashing back their time in Sky Tower and how Chaeyoung enjoyed it so much despite being high up in the air as the handler strapped them securely to the seat.

‘’Why did I agree to this?’’

‘’Because you said we should take turns in choosing our rides’’

‘’I’m starting to regret it now’’

Jennie closed her eyes tightly seeing they’re getting way up now

‘’Hubby if I’m going to die, I want to tell you how much I love you’’

Chaeyoung laughed lightly but she could feel her heart warm up from her scared but sweet words. God she really missed hanging out with this dumpling alone.

‘’How much then?’’

‘’As high as this rollercoaster’’

As soon as Jennie said that, they screamed at the top of their lungs as the gravity did its work to make the ride terrifying than ever. (AN: I really don’t like rollercoasters lol. So I’m like Jennie at this point)

‘’Wifey you’re killing my hand!’’ Chaeyoung laughed as the ride continued on with loops and turns

‘’That’s your ing fault!’’

Chaeyoung laughed loudly hearing her wifey curse at her ‘’Hey! You invited me for this!’’

Chaeyoung kept on screaming and laughing in joy while Jennie just kept her eyes closed the whole ride and gripping Chaeyoung’s hand like her life was on the line

Frictions did its work as the rollercoaster started to move slowly now

‘’That was so fun!’’ Chaeyoung giggled

‘’I think I’m going to lose my lunch already…’’

‘’Oh come on don’t be like that’’ Chaeyoung smiled cheekily ‘’We still have one more round!’’

Jennie’s eyes widened ‘’What?!’’

Then she finally noticed that the rollercoaster is going up again for another round

‘’Park Chaeyoung I’m going to kill you!’’


Chaeyoung giggled as they were now sitting on a bench with water bottles in their hands

‘’I didn’t know you hated rollercoasters that much.’’ Chaeyoung said while rubbing Jennie’s back to soothe her

‘’Really a bad choice for a 2nd ride hubby…’’

‘’I’m sorry I was just so excited’’ Chaeyoung said with an apologetic look. Feeling a bit guilty for making Jennie suddenly ride the rollercoaster, Chaeyoung looked around and saw some stands that has stuffed toys as prize.

Her eyes lightened up seeing a cute plushie

‘’Rest right here wifey, I’ll be right back’’

Jennie just nodded and closed her eyes to rest a bit. God she loves the girl so much that she was willing to ride that horror ride for her.

‘’Well…’’ Jennie felt her lips stretch to a smile remembering Chaeyoung’s giggles of delight as they rode that height contraption

 

‘’It was worth it’’

 

Chaeyoung sighed as she failed again to nail that perfect score

‘’I just did this last Christmas’’ Chaeyoung cursed a bit, she could feel her wallet getting lighter since it’s not cheap playing a game in the stands of the amusement park but she was determined to get Jennie that plushie

Chaeyoung took a deep breath and closed her eyes, remembering the way Jennie taught her to shoot an arrow…

 

Her soft hand guiding hers

 

Her encouragement words

 

Her proud eyes

 

And her happy smile

 

Chaeyoung released her breath and laser focused, almost glaring at that 10 while keeping her posture firm and correct.

She released the arrow and bated her breath as she watches the arrow swoosh into the air and made its way towards the target

She released her breath and almost jumped in surprise at the loud sound of ‘Congratulations!’ around her as well as the ringing of a bell.

‘’Congratulations Ma’am!’’ The man handling the game smiled at her ‘’Because you hit the perfect shot you get to choose at one of our best prizes!’’

Chaeyoung smiled and just pointed at the plushie she was eyeing earlier. The man handed her the plushie and congratulated her once again.

Chaeyoung grabbed the plushie tightly as she high-fived herself for getting Jennie this soft and cute plushie

‘’I hope she likes it’’ Chaeyoung smiled with a small happy blush on her cheeks. As soon as she turned to the direction where she and Jennie sat, her mood turned sour and power walked there…

Not when someone is sitting too close to her wifey

A few minutes earlier…

Jennie tapped her foot, she felt a bit better now getting some fresh air and drinking water. She wondered where Chaeyoung went but she can’t get up and find her because there’s also a chance that Chaeyoung might return and not find her here…

‘’Hi!’’

Jennie blinked, not recognizing the voice. She looked at the source and raised her eyebrows seeing a quite cute guy smiling at him almost bashfully

‘’Can I help you?’’

‘’Uhm…You’re Jennie Kim right?’’ He smiled, probably his charming smile and Jennie blush a bit.

She shook her head to rid her blush after all, her eyes are attracted to a certain chipmunk’s smile only. She will definitely be affected by this guy too as he looks quite handsome, too bad her heart is already taken.  

‘’And you are?’’ Jennie said with a blunt voice

‘’I’m Kai, I’m from SM, college department though’’ He chuckled and sat down next to her ‘’I watched you dance while I was supporting my school. You’re really great’’

Jennie’s eyes twitched, not feeling really close to the stranger but stayed quiet anyways. She suddenly felt uncomfortable by his presence as he sat quite close to her.

‘’What are you doing here by the way?’’ Kai asked, striking up a conversation

‘’No reason’’ Jennie deadpanned

‘’Wow, you really are as cold as they say’’

‘’Look mister’’ Jennie crossed her arms ‘’I don’t even know you. Why the hell should I get buddy up with you?’’

‘’Then I would like for us to get to know each other more’’ Kai smiled smoothly while scooting closer to her ‘’Can I have your number? I have always admired you from afar and now I want to take a chance.’’

‘’No.’’ Jennie immediately rejected him ‘’I’m already with someone’’

Kai frowned ‘’Who?’’

‘’She’s with me’’

They both turned their heads to see Chaeyoung smiling forcedly but Jennie knows she’s irritated at the guy

‘’Hubby!’’ Jennie instantly smiled seeing her and felt a bit of relief since she’s getting uncomfortable with Kai.

‘’Is he bothering you?’’ Chaeyoung whispered to her

‘’A bit…’’

Chaeyoung glared at Kai ‘’Look mister, you shouldn’t bother someone like that. Can’t you see you’re making her uncomfortable?’’ She said heatedly

Kai raised his hands up in surrender ‘’I’m sorry, I didn’t know I was bothering her anyway…’’ He said awkwardly. He glanced at the way Chaeyoung was holding Jennie protectively and the way Jennie looked at Chaeyoung, he knew immediately that he did a move

‘’I’m really sorry, I didn’t know that you two are together’’ Then he furrowed his eyebrows ‘’Though you look kind of familiar to me…’’

Jennie gritted her teeth ‘’He must have seen Chaeyoung and Lisa together…’’

‘’Hey Kai! You got her number yet?!’’ A guy shouted from a distance

Kai could feel the heat of two glares directed at him and just cleared his throat ‘’So I uhm…better get going’’ Seeing none of the two are saying a thing for him, he quickly ran away from them, not daring to look back since if looks could kill, he’s probably off to Earth right now.

‘’Geez, who does he think he is?!’’ Chaeyoung grumbled angrily while leading Jennie away from that cursed bench

‘’Sitting close to you like that when you’re both just practically strangers!’’ She ranted ‘’Doesn’t he know how to make people comfortable?! And did you hear that way his friend called out to him! It’s like you’re just a game for them to play and I just want to kick their stupid mind out of their heads!’’

Jennie giggled seeing the rare green monster come out of Chaeyoung’s composed self ‘’I don’t know…he is quite handsome’’ She smirked even wider when Chaeyoung turned to her with disbelief but angry eyes

‘’What!?’’

Jennie laughed and cupped Chaeyoung’s cheek ‘’I’m kidding, I only have eyes for you hubby’’ She said sweetly

Chaeyoung blinked and blushed heavily ‘’I uh…’’ Her heart is beating fast and she could feel the rush of feelings that Jennie always provide for her. She’s panicking right now and couldn’t help but stutter out

‘’H-here.’’ Chaeyoung gave her the plushie she’s been holding for quite a while ‘’For you…’’

Jennie grabbed the plushie and pouted ‘’You gave me a dumpling plushie…’’

Chaeyoung giggled and poked Jennie’s cheeks ‘’Because you look like a dumpling’’ She said and continued seeing Jennie still pouting at her ‘’I just wanted to say sorry for making you ride the rollercoaster and from now on, on this dumpling’s decree’’ She jokingly said and raised the dumpling’s small arm

‘’It declares that all rides shall now be chosen by the owner of this cute being’’

Jennie felt her heart melt at Chaeyoung’s dork and sweetness ‘’Really?’’

Chaeyoung smiled at her brightly ‘’Of course’’

‘’Let’s play at that bump cars!’’ Jennie pointed excitedly

‘’Let’s go then wifey’’

The line was long but after almost half an hour, they probably get to pick their car. Jennie immediately picked the black one while Chaeyoung picked the pink one.

Chaeyoung looked around and raised her eyebrows seeing the guy that was bothering Jennie a while ago.

The devil inside her smirked ‘’Payback time’’

As soon as the horns blared to signal the start of the ride, Chaeyoung took off, her eyes on a certain target.

She let out a ‘tsk’ sound seeing Kai zoom towards Jennie ‘’This guy doesn’t really know the word no’’

Jennie seeing the familiar face of Kai, quickly got out of her way and laughed seeing him bumped another rider. Her eyes searching for a certain chipmunk and it twinkled in amusement seeing her drive towards the winded Kai.

Chaeyoung felt her brain leave her as she smacked rather hard to Kai’s car. She quickly turned her wheels while saying a quick ‘’Sorry!’’ Though her tone isn’t apologetic, in fact, she’s wearing a proud smile on her face as she easily weaved through other riders. Her eyes on one girl only

Jennie gulped seeing the playful look of her hubby and immediately started to run away from her ‘’Don’t target me or else Queen Dumpling will punish you!’’

Chaeyoung laughed and just sped up next to her, sending a cheeky grin to her wifey ‘’Hi there’’

Jennie giggled ‘’I sounded ridiculous if that’s what you want to imply’’

‘’Yes you do’’

Jennie smirked and suddenly turned her car to Chaeyoung making the both of them let out a ‘Oomph’ sound while their bodies fought against the seatbelt

And just like that, the ride finished with a laughing and messy haired Chaeyoung and Jennie on the way for their next ride…by only the acceptance of Jennie Kim of course.

And we all know that a certain chipmunk just couldn’t say no to her.


Now they’re on their last ride, the Ferris Wheel. Jennie wanted to see the sunset at the highest part of the Ferris wheel if they’re lucky. As they entered the ride, they watched with tired but blissful smile at the amusement park around them while the ride is going up

‘’This was fun’’ Jennie said softly and turned to Chaeyoung with a gummy smile directed to her only ‘’Thank you hubby…for coming with me’’

‘’Want to take a picture to commemorate this moment then?’’ Chaeyoung smiled at her

Jennie eagerly took out her phone and placed her arm around Chaeyoung’s shoulder ‘’Is it okay if I post this on Instagram?’’

Chaeyoung giggled ‘’Why would you need my permission? It’s your Instagram’’

Jennie chuckled ‘’You’re right, I can do what I want’’

They smiled brightly at the camera as it let out small noises making it known that some pictures were taken

‘’Yah! I didn’t know it was a burst shot’’ Chaeyoung laughed ‘’Delete some of it!’’

Jennie winked at her ‘’This is my phone Park Chaeyoung, you don’t have rights in using it’’

The chipmunk girl just sighed and gazed at the amusement park around them with a small smile on her lips ‘’This day…I have never felt so relaxed since we landed back here’’

Ever since they returned here in Korea, there’s never a night that Chaeyoung slept peacefully. In fact, it will take her at least an hour of staring her room’s ceiling before she could finally sleep from overthinking too much.

‘’I’m so stupid…’’ Chaeyoung thought inwardly ‘’Why is it so hard to just tell my girlfriend what happened between me and Jennie?’’

‘’Penny for your thoughts?’’

Chaeyoung looked at the girl whose been a part of her thoughts everyday ‘’Where’s my penny then?’’ She joked

Jennie rolled her eyes ‘’I took you to an amusement park. That’s more than a penny’’

‘’More like your mom won it for us’’

‘’Hey, she’s my mom. I got her looks and luck so technically’’ Jennie smirked ‘’I got us this’’

‘’Whatever dumpling queen’’

Jennie grinned and poked her cheeks, sighing at how she missed caressing this chipmunk cheeks. ‘’I missed you hubby…’’ She whispered ‘’Thank you for coming with me today…we really haven’t been hanging out lately’’

Chaeyoung smiled softly, she too misses these moments with Jennie and silently placed her hand on Jennie’s hand ‘’No wifey…thank you for bringing me here’’ She smiled wistfully ‘’I really needed this’’

Jennie tilted her head at her ‘’Why?’’

Chaeyoung stared at the amazing view around them, not looking at Jennie ‘’I’ve been…jumbled up by my thoughts…’’

‘’Is it about me and Lisa?’’

Chaeyoung sighed but nodded sadly ‘’Yeah…’’

Jennie leaned her head to her shoulder ‘’…Have you made your decision then?’’ She asked quietly, fear quietly gripping her heart.

‘’I’m almost there’’ Chaeyoung grinned at her gently and Jennie’s hair

‘’Keep doing that and you’ll have to carry me home’’ Jennie let out a small yawn melting Chaeyoung’s heart at her cuteness

‘’I just have to tell Lisa the truth…’’ Chaeyoung whispered ‘’…I have to tell her everything’’

Just as they were on the top, it’s as if the handler heard Jennie’s wish earlier and the ride stopped. The view of the sun setting just in front of them, a perfect ending for their perfect day.

Jennie gripped Chaeyoung’s hand tightly to show her support and that she’ll always be there for her. Chaeyoung looked at Jennie and marveled how beautiful she is…as she let out a lone tear when Jennie whispered to her lovingly

‘’I love you Park Chaeyoung…’’


 After sending Jennie home while sending each other wistful smiles and reassuring hand holding, Chaeyoung finally walked home with the stars gazing upon her.

She looked up to marvel the beautiful skies of Korea, she never regretted staying here. Chaeyoung has met the most amazing people in her life, she would be a fool to let them go in her life.

She bit her lips in nervousness ‘’What if when my decision is made, one will leave my life?’’ She whispered into the night sky

‘’I’m so scared…’’ Chaeyoung mumbled ‘’I’m scared that no matter who I choose, I will hurt one of the most important people in my life and will probably leave my life after it…’’

Chaeyoung started tearing up at the thought of Jennie and Lisa hurting because of her. The worst case of scenario that she’s thinking of is that Jennie, Lisa, and Jisoo will leave her because of her stupidness

Her breath quickening by her panicking thoughts, she’s somehow thankful that her phone distracted her as it dinged signaling a text message

Jisoo: Come to my house tomorrow

Chaeyoung: Why?

She gripped her phone tight as nervousness and confusion began wrecking her whole being, she's not so thankful right now as she read the latest message.

Jisoo: We need to talk.


Uh oh. That's all I'm going to say. Stay tuned for the next chapter! I've double update it because I love you guys so much for supporting my first story. Stay safe everyone and God bless!