Closer

You are Beautiful

It's Monday again which mean Daniel have his early morning class and again he was late, and again he was sprinting across the campus to his science and biology building. "Dammit!! Why do I have to stay up late again with Jaehwan!! That bastard really...I'm gonna make his life miserable!!" he cursed while he sprinted off like he was trying to get first place in a marathon.

He blamed Jaehwan for suggesting them to have a late night movie time that ended up both of them staying up until 4 am and Daniel's class starts at 7 am that morning and he slept like about an hour or so which it does not help him. He blamed Jaehwan for making him agree to watching movies back at their apartment and not warned him about him having early morning class the next day.

At least, he manage to reached his class right before the teacher walks in. He was puffing and panting, sweating away as he took a seat beside Hyunbin.

"So what's the position?" Hyunbin suddenly asked.

"What?" Daniel said in between his heavy breathing, brow raised at the model guy.

"Your position? Didn't you just ran for marathon? So which place are you? First? Second?"

Daniel smacked Hyunbin's head, earning a groan from the model male. The teacher glared at them before she turned back to ther white board.

"Shut up." Daniel mutters lowly as he fished out his text book. "Fine." Hyunbin replied back on focusing to their teacher.

~

That afternoon Seongwoo was left in charge of the infirmary. He have to stare his shift early that day because the doctor have some sort of errands to run for, and Seongwoo gladly accept the request to comes in earlier than he should since he didn't have anymore classes that day. The doctor will be back after 5 pm so Seongwoo need to be there until he came back.

There were about two students in the infirmary when he arrived that afternoon. One of them fainted while they were practicing volley ball, must be too exhausted and too worked up on practice that the girl ended up out all of sudden in the middle of practice. Her friend were accompanying her and gave Seongwoo a small bow when he came in. Then the second person have some stomach ache problem. Whimpering around, tossing and turning trying to calm himself. The doctor had served the meds to ease up the ache and it will soon kick in so Seongwoo just need to keep an eye on him and will let him out once everything okay.

However he didn't thought that a certain blonde would show himself at the infirmary that afternoon with a eating grin and a plastic bag held in his hand.

The bloned ignore the girl who was suprised to see Daniel there.

"Hi, sunbae! Didn't see you at the cafeteria today, so I guess you would be here and guess I was right. So I brought you something to eat and so let's eat!"

Seongwoo stared at Daniel flatly, eyes showing no emotions what so ever. He gesture for Daniel to take a seat and the blonde obidiently did so and placed the plastic bag on the table and took a seat, waiting for Seongwoo as he watched the older move towards the two students.

"I've called her father and he said he'll be here in 10 minutes. You don't need to worry about your friend, she's gonna be fine." Seongwoo gave a pat on the other girl with a light squeeze as the girl just nods to him. She mouthed a silent 'thank you' at Seongwoo. "No problem."

Then Seongwoo moved to the next person, the boy who now looking a little bit better he was earlier, now able to sat up on the bed and his feature were relax, even though he still feels those aching all over his stomach but he can bear with it now, must be the medicine that had start working in his system. The guy looked at Seongwoo when Seongwoo came closer and smile.

"This is the medicine that Mr Choi had asked me to prescribe for you. Take it three times a day after meal. You can take the meds again if you feel your stomach starts to ache again, no need to wait for the next 8 hours. Avoid anything spicy at the moment or anything dairy as it will make it worse. Drink a lot of clear fluids and maybe get something soft, such as a porridge. You good to go." he said, after making sure he instructed every details of what the guy can eat and not to eat.

"Thank you so much, Seongwoo sunbae!! You sounded like a real doctor." the guys complimented, thanking Seongwoo for one last time before he left the infirmary.

Daniel was watching in amusement. He didn't know that Seongwoo was that good in all those whatever things he just did and he feels like Seongwoo was a different sort of guy because if he remembers it correctly, Seongwoo was the type who rarely talks to people and only caved in or buried his nose into his books but this Seongwoo is really different. He's kind of talkative and very kind and gentle to the students.

Seongwoo checks on the girl one last time and before he knows it, the girl's father came in. He bowed 90 degree at the old man and Daniel follow his action. Seongwoo explained again about what had happen and the old man just thanked Seongwoo for keeping an eye on his daughter. He carry her in a princess style, carefully and again thanking Seongwoo before he exit the room with the other girl on his trail, also bowing to Seongwoo.

~

Daniel watches as Seongwoo make his way to the sink and starts washing his hand and wipe it dry with the paper towel before he headed towards Daniel, fixing his glasses and took a seat across Daniel's.

"Wow sunbae, you looked like a real life doctor and not actually acting like an intern. The way you explained all the things that guy need to avoid or when to take his meds was really sound like you're a professional doctor. Are you sure you're not a doctor?" Daniel said playfully, it sounded like a teased.

Seongwoo shrugs, eyeing the bag with a knowing look. Daniel caught the way he stared at the bag and he quickly fished out the content from it.

"Here, I'm not sure if you like...uh, curry but I bought for the both us curry. Is it...okay?" Daniel asked carefully, eyes blinking as he glances at Seongwoo.

"Yeah. Thanks." Seongwoo replied bluntly. Daniel pass a pair of chopstick to Seongwoo and a plastic spoon in case he's more into Western style of eating and he takes out for himself a pair of chopstick. "Well, let's eat." he said, separating the chopstick and starts digging into the curry. He was that hungry, and Daniel was alone that time or if he's with his friends, he might already gobbled up the whole thing without a single breath, but since he's with his crush right now, he need to restrained himself from doing that and eat the curry with manners.

Seongwoo was quietly enjoying his curry, switching around between using his spoon to scoop some curry then back to his chopstick with the rice in between to shove it down his throat. So that's how he always eat at what Daniel thought as he was obviously checking Seongwoo out and trying to get to know Seongwoo way of eating. Basically, Seongwoo didn't really care. He can use only the chopstick as his utensil if there is no fork or spoon with him, or he'll use all of it if they are in his hand.

"You know it's not right to keep on staring at people when they are eating right? It's weird and people might think that you're weird and creepy." Daniel blinks and met Seongwoo's eyes when he find the older is actually looking at him now, realizing that he was caught staring at the older made him smile sheepishly and slightly blushed at the older.

"Sorry...didn't mean to stare, again." he said, rubbing the back of his neck. 

"It's okay. Just...don't stare at me like that." Seongwoo said sounded serious as he always does. Daniel just nods to his word and continue shoving the curry into his mouth.

~

After their lunch 'date' as Daniel wants to call it, he is being persistent in accompanying Seongwoo to the library that evening, after Mr Choi cameback after 5 pm. Well, you can't really calls it a date since they just sat around in the infirmary with Seongwoo keeping himself busy again with all the medical books while Daniel was sitting all nervous and attempted some small chats with the older but only to get short reply from him. Seongwoo did asked him about his classes and Daniel quickly said he didn't have any more classes that evening and choose to hang out with Seongwoo instead until Mr Choi cameback and dismissed Seongwoo from his shift.

They walked towards the library in an akward silence but somehow it's not that weird kind of vibe even though the two of them just became friends like few days ago and not really that close to even exchange their phone number which is a bummer for Daniel because he really wish that Seongwoo would share his number with him so that he could share lots of cat gifs, some of his selfies (too fast actually) or maybe text him a short 'hi' or 'good morning' or 'good night' or how's is your day' and just that is enough for Daniel to have a great day and smiles for the whole day but he can't force the older to gave his number out to him as Seongwoo is still not that open or approachable much and he still doesn't completely trust Daniel yet.

When they reached the library, Seongwoo told Daniel to follow him to the second floor where he always hang out, somewhere at the end of the library with a little more privacy and away from the rest of the world. It was Seongwoo's secret hide out and nobody would ever dare to take his seat.

It was comfy actually although they are totally hidden from all other students in the library but still you could see the rest of them if you crane your neck a little.

"Wait here." Seongwoo said, as he goes off and dissappear between the shelves to find himself some book he's gonna read that evening. 

Daniel wait patiently for Seongwoo, looking out the window and watching the students walking about their campus, and some of them just relaxing on the open field or some entering and exiting their university cafe and all sorts. Basically the spot Seongwoo always hang out oversee the whole campus and that must be the reason why Seongwoo chose this seat in the first place.

Seongwoo came shortly after that but he was not alone. Daniel furrowed his brow together at the sight of two boys who clings so close to his Seongwoo. (yeap he's MY Seongwoo sunbae!)

~

"Hyung~~ So great to see you again after three years of you graduated from school! We missed you so much!" said the thinner looking boy, looking almost like a girl with his purplish hair. 

"Yeah hyung~ So nice to finally able to see you again! Can't believe it that you're actually enrolled into this university and able to meet you again is the best thing ever!" said the other boy who is bit more chubbier but not fat or anything with his almost pinkish hair. He's pretty though but he can't beat how prettier Seongwoo is.

Seongwoo didn't reply them but instead he actually smile at the two boys, rather fondly and Daniel was jealous. He's freaking jealous that they could make Seongwoo smile like that and it does not look like he was forcing them.

'Who the are they?' is Daniel firs thought or was it second or third.

The two boys quickly noticed Daniel's presence when they got closer to the table where Daniel is and it kind of suprised them to see that it was someone else that is not Minhyun or Jonghyun. 

"Ohh...who is this?" asked the pinkish haired boy as he stared at Daniel. The purplish haired boy nods to his question.

"His name is Kang Daniel, a 2nd year. He's my friend." Seongwoo said, placing a stack of books on the table and took a seat across Daniel, as usual.

"Daniel, Jihoon and Daehwi. Jihoon, Daehwi this is Daniel." he introduced them with his hand pointing to all three of them one by one. Now Daniel know that the purple haired is Daehwi while the pink hair is Jihoon. They're too cute and pretty and he hates it.

"Hi! Park Jihoon and I just joined this university 5 months ago and majoring in Medical like Seongwoo hyung." Jihoon beamed.

"And I'm Lee Daehwi and also joined here 5 months ago and also majoring in Medical!" said Daehwi with a bow and a flash of smile crosses his small face.

"Kang Daniel...majoring in Dance and Science." Daniel said almost too serious at the way he says it.

Seongwoo shots him a glance over his book before he continue on reading again. "They are my juniors back in high school. Always so clingy and too hyper and jumpy whenever they see me or just hang out with me. They are 3 years younger than me and most probably 2 years younger than you so don't be so awkward around them. They're a good kids and very bouncy too."

"Ohh! Daniel ssi is majoring in Dance? Oohh, you must be really good!" beamed Jihoon at the blonde and it made Daniel a little uncomfortable by how Jihoon is beaming at him like a child. Well he is still a child maybe, in Daniel's eyes.

"Y-yeah, I'm specialize more into b-boying and modern dance but I can also dance randomly and choreograph some moves. Do you want to check us out later?" Daniel offers as he try to be friendly at them.

The two boys bounced in their seats at the offer. "Ohh would we? Can we? We would like that!!" they said in unison and Daniel couldn't help but to smile at their cuteness all of a sudden. Then he looked at Seongwoo who still have his nose into his book. As if Seongwoo could sense that Daniel is looking at him, the older lowered his book a little and meet Daniel's eyes.

"You look like as if you're gonna ask me whether I'm coming along with them or not. If it is then it's a no. I don't want to go." Before Seongwoo could say even more, he heard the two younger boys whining on from both sides. Like Daniel, they are giving Seongwoo their best kicked puppy looking eyes.

"Hyung~~~ Let's go with us~ Please~ Daniel ssi said we can and since we don't really know a lot of people in the dance department and you know Daniel ssi already you should come with us~~ Jebal Seongwoo hyung~~" they whined, and giving him lots of aegyo which Seongwoo hated the most.

Seongwoo's face distorted in annoyance when the two of them keep on aegyo-ing at him, puppy eyes him all the while for what it seems like hours when it's actually just minutes for him.

Daniel kind of jealous at the younger boys whenever they called Seongwoo 'Hyung' while he could only call him 'Sunbae' and they are obviously very clingy at how they keep on touching and holding Seongwoo's hand and shoulders and all other parts of him. He's jealous.

"Jihoonie...Daehwi ah, I have lots of stuff to do after and you know how exams are coming around the corner of this week right so I have to start reading and not.."

'Jihoonie? Daehwi ah? I want sunbae to call me that way. Daniel ah or Niel or Nielie.' Daniel thought.

"Pretty please~~ With cherry on top?" said the two still in their puppy mode. "We want to get to know more about Daniel ssi and get closer to him because Daniel ssi looks like a cool sunbae. Please~" said Daehwi as he slightly glance at Daniel then back at Seongwoo.

Seongwoo then rolled his eyes, sighing as if he was defeated. He placed his book down on the table, then smile at the two youger boys. Ruffling their hair altogether. It looks so good to be ruffles by Seongwoo. (Dammit Niel stop thinking about it!! It's not gonna happen anytime soon!!)

"Okay...okay. You two win. We'll check on Daniel's dance routine later...is that okay with you?" asked Seongwoo all of a sudden. Daniel was the one who suggested for them to come and Daniel will still want them to come even if Seongwoo didn't. 

"Yes..most definitely." he said.

If Daniel thinks that he might be delusional about seeing Seongwoo smiling at him then he was wrong because the latter is smiling at him, even though it's just a small smile but it did actually made his heart flipped sky high.

"Great, we'll check it out after this and hopefully it's gonna be great. No offense."

"None taken and I promise you, I'm the best person in my dance team and you're not gonna regret it. Maybe after you watch me dancing, it would make you be more open to me and maybe getting us closer to each other, because I want to get to know you even closer Seongwoo sunbae."

"We'll see. Maybe I will or maybe I won't because I still don't trust you." 

"Of course you still don't trust me."

"Yeay!! We get to see Daniel hyung dance later!!" they both grinned widely. 

"Ohh, now I'm a 'hyung'?" asked Daniel suddenly, smirking at the two.

"Yes!! You're a hyung because you are our Seongwoo hyung's friend and you said you want to be closer to him so yeah, you're a hyung now!"

Daniel wanted to faint that instant when he suddenly heard the older chuckling softly at the two and he was looking so soft when he chuckles and boy Daniel feels like his heart gonna stop anytime soon. The older freaking chuckles and it's the first for him to see him chuckling. It's the FIRST!

' I'M SO WHIPPED RIGHT NO!!'

 

_________

 

Another update!!! I'm going wild over this ff xDDDDD

Ahh, Seongwoo ah please open your hear wider for Daniel and do laugh even more xDDDD

Jihoon and Daehwi is so cute lol even though I'm making them cute for this fic lol

Once again, we can see Seongwoo is being friendlier and talk even more by every chapter ^^ and that is a good thing hahahaha

Will soon introduce about his past on why he wasn't the most bubbliest person after what happened...most probably in the next 2 or 3 chapter

Still thinking about it :DDDD

COMMENTS AND LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Typos alert!!!