Incheon

You are Beautiful

Daniel: Seongwoo hyung, will you be around for the next two weeks or are you going somewhere?

Seongwoo hyung: Going back to Incheon.

Daniel: Ohh...hometown?

Seongwoo hyung: Yes.

Daniel: Then, I'll see you around after two weeks then *smiley emojis* Have a nice semester break, hyung.

Seongwoo hyung: Thanks. See you.

 

Daniel stared down on his phone. Firstly he finds it odd that Seongwoo is replying him with short text, not like how they did before when Seongwoo replied him with much more longer words and sounding more friendlier than how he look but today he replied Daniel with short words and Daniel couldn't help but to think that something was odd but he decided not to push him any further. Secondly, he need to change his contact name. Seongwoo hyung is too long and he couldn't just wrote it Ong hyung, or Ongie hyung, or Seongwoo-ie hyung that is much longer than it was before. They are not that close yet so he doesn't want to make it looks like he is having a crush on him, like he doesn't want people to know about his crush on the older boy.

"Hmm, maybe OngSeong would sound good, but I need to put hyung at the end. What about SeongHyung? Nahh, Jihoon had already named him that in his own contact. Hmm, what shall I change it to" Daniel talk to himself, thinking about what name should he change Seongwoo hyung to.

"How about 'My lovely hyung' or 'Ong my Love' or maybe 'My boo',"

Daniel jumped out of his couch when Jaehwan had spoken up to him from behind and was checking on his phone. The shorter male laughs at Daniel placing his hand over his heart. He was suprised by Jaehwan.

"Dammit Jaehwan, I could have elbow you directly on your face if you were a thief or some stranger. And, the hell should I write his name as 'My boo' for? We're not in a relationship or boyfriends. He's my hyung and my friend."

Jaehwan snorts at the last part, "Yeah friend but you wanted it to be more than just friend. You have a crush on him and there is no need to deny it. Like you've said it yourself a month ago so why not just go with that name instead. It's not like he's gonna look through your phone or something."

"Hey, he might do so one day when we're much closer and when he's more open and accepted me a lot deeper. I don't want to take the risk."

"Then Woo hyung?"

"It sounds like I'm a very close friend when we're not that close...yet."

"Seongwoo?"

"I need hyung to be there, Jaehwan ah."

"Wu hyung?"

"Yah, I told you no and that is the same with Woo hyung though."

"No it's not. It's different in spelling, the first one was WOO and the second one is WU. It's different."

"No Jaehwan, it doesn't change anything even if I spell it the other way around from using O to U."

"U hyung then or maybe Oo hyung."

"What the....yah, you're making it shorter and shorter. Where is the W in it?"

"You said you want it to be short, so go with that then. Do you want my help or not?"

"I never asked for you help in the first place."

They both ended up with arguing about what should Daniel named Seongwoo in his contact for for hours and none of them want to stop and doesn't seem like they're tired of arguing and they keep on going.

~

The next day come and both Seongwoo and Jonghyun took their breakfast like they promise. Jonghyun kindly volunteer to make breakfast for them and Seongwoo was thankful for it. 

They've packed their bags last night which is only Seongwoo who did so since Jonghyun had came prepared with his own, so he only help with Seongwoo and his stuff and even for Citrus.

Of course Seongwoo won't leave Citrus alone in his apartment since he's going to stay in Incheon for the whole two weeks and they is nobody else that he knows in campus that could help him look after Citrus and also because he doesn't trust anyone else besides his two childhood friends. Minhyun had gone back to Busan yesterday and Jonghyun will be accompanying him to Incheon, so Seongwoo have to bring Citrus together. He did have a thought in asking the blonde about it, but he push away the thought. Plus he's not sure whether the blonde likes cat or not.

Once after they taken their breakfast, Jonghyun and Seongwoo brought their bags to start placing them into Seongwoo's car. Citrus will be sitting at the back seat without being in her carrier or in a cage since Citrus was a well behaved cat.

Seongwoo had a small chat with Daniel last night and he was wondering about why the boy asked him whether he's around for the next two weeks or not. At first he wanted to ask him but Seongwoo go against it and keep it at how it is.

“Seongwoo let’s get moving. Don’t want to get stuck in traffic.” Jonghyun calls out on Seongwoo once he shoved the last bag into the trunk and shut it close.

”Coming.” He gave one last loom around the apartment, making sure everything is okay and once he’s satisfied, he pick Citrus up into his arm and walks out, locked the door and to his car. He put Citrus at the back seat and he goes to the driver seat. Their journey to Incheon starts as Seongwoo start the engine and drove away leaving the campus.

~

It didn’t take him and Jonghyun that long from Seoul to Incheon if they minus the traffics. An hour later both of the boys arrived at Seongwoo's house. 

"Your parents did know that you're coming home today right?" Seongwoo turned to face Jonghyun. The shorter male looked at him with his head slightly tilted.

"Yeah, they know." Jonghyun nod and starts to unbuckle himself. Both of them exited the car. They quickly unloaded the trunk and walks in through the gate. Citrus had already ran in to the front lawn and starts rolling around the grass.

"It seems someone is happy to be home." Jonghyun pointed out, watching how Citrus was rolling around and then running in circle like she was chasing her own tail then playing with the grasses and etc.

"Looks like it." Seongwoo replied, he knocks on the door.

Within seconds the door flung open and an older lady shows up, which made both males smiles at her. "Seongwoo ah! Jonghyun ah!" and she quickly pulled them into a hug. "Aigoo~ My boys, I missed you." 

Both males replied the hug, placing the bag down on the floor. "Miss you too, eomma."

"Yeah, long time no see, aunty. How are you?" Jonghyun asked once they pulled away from Seongwoo's mother.

"I'm good and well, healthy as ever. I see you both are pretty well too. Have you been eating well, Seongwoo?" his mother asked, as her hands roamed all over Seongwoo's body like she was inspecting him.

"Yes, I've been eating well." he replied. "Is appa around?" he asked, looking around the house for the old man. His mother shake her head, taking the bag from the floor and usher them inside.

"He's working and will be back later tonight. You boys should go and refreshen up yourself. I've prepared the room already since Jonghyun will be staying with us. I'm gonna cook us lunch, so be down after that okay." 

The two boys nods their head and walked up the stairs to Seongwoo's room. They did as what they have been told, taking a short bath and changed into something more comfortable before they went to help Seongwoo's mother in the kitchen. It was their habit in helping the older lady even when they were still kids. When Jonghyun and Minhyun would come visit Seongwoo at home, his mother would busy herself and prepare some food for them to eat and all three of them would go and help her cook even when she told them that she can handle it but they insisted.

They would always cut the vegetables for her or fried some chicken or beef for her or helping her heating up the pan and etc. From there Seongwoo learnt how to cook proper meals for himself and he's not scared to cook when he's living all alone back in his apartment. He know the basic and also some of the expert way in preparing meals. Plus he enjoy cooking for himself rather than buying take outs and wasting his money for it and he would rather waste his money on buying groceries which he could use for many times.

Once both males were done, they went to the kitchen and starts helping out the older lady. She was happy and delighted with the help of extra hands.

~

After their lunch, Seongwoo and Jonghyun decided to take a walk around the neighbourhood. They needed to see what changes had happen over the year of them being away from Incheon and checking out some of the new places that they never seen before.

They both walk along the pavement until they found themself into the streets where all shops were aligned. It's been awhile since they last visit the place. Both male talks about the shops they see which they have never seen before they left for Seoul. Pointing out some things in which both males laughed about and walking down the memory lane when they reached a point where they remember walking together, all three of them, skipping happily with their favorite ice cream on hand.

"Look, wasn't that shop supposed to be a bookstore before? Since when did they open up a music store?"

"That bookstore sold lots of books that I love. Wonder where had the old man go."

"Ahh Seongwoo look. It's the shop where we usually buy our favorite ice cream! Ahh wow, it still look the same like the old days."

Seongwoo chuckles, "You sounded like an old man, Jonghyun. What are you, fifty?"

Jonghyun playfully punched Seongwoo's arm, "It's been a year and I miss that shop so what if I sounded like an old man."

"Too old and perhaps cranky too."

"Yah!"

"Sorry." Seongwoo smiles in which Jonghyun did the same. They continue walking down the street and stopping by several shops that they had sworn visited back when they were still kids. Some of the shopkeeper remembers them and greeted them with a hug. It's not to say that Jonghyun and Seongwoo were so popular back then but it must have been because they both including Minhyun were such a good kid and very polite and respected the olders that made them remember who they are.

Then they walk themself to the market located just around the place, checking on some food stalls and of course eating some and buying some for home.

Lastly, they visited the park. It's their favorite hang out place back then. Or you could say it was Seongwoo's favorite place because basically the park had been his hiding spots since his incident occurs. Usually he would find himself sitting alone in the middle of the said park they are currently walking through, sobbing to himself, sometime playing by himself or just simply sitting there and doing nothing. Jonghyun and Minhyun would always find him and took him home, while their whisper encouraging words and asking Seongwoo not to bother about their stupid classmates and etc. Or sometime the two would just accompany Seongwoo until dawn comes or even before the night sky falls.

~

Jonghyun didn't say a word as they both walked down the park, but they simply enjoying the park, the fresh air, the way the tall tress shading the entire park from the sun and people lounging around, or jogs around the place even doing yoga, or cycling around and or just enjoying their day.

They will only speak up about necessary things when they spotted some of the trees that they've carved on back in their childhood days or talking about their favorite food stall that until today still sits in their usual place at the end of the park.

After all that, Seongwoo and Jonghyun went to visit their old schools in which Seongwoo was so not into the idea but Jonghyun has a silver tongue and he manage to get Seongwoo to agree with him in the end.

"I hope I don't bump into.."

"Seongwoo, relax. There is no need to worry about and I don't think those guys would be around anyway. You practically haven't seen them for years now and they haven't spoken to you after Minhyun's outburst so why bother thinking about it again. Come on, we're here to check on the teachers." Jonghyun grab Seongwoo by the hand and drag the taller male along and through the gate, bowing to the guards and introducing themself as being the old students here and sorts.

It was their elementart school and both males didn't think that the teachers would recognize them at all but there are few of them did so when they walked into the building. 

They are so happy to see Jonghyun and Seongwoo. It was nice, Seongwoo think but his heart will always gave him a tight squeeze whenever he sees the school hallway, the classroom, the school field, the cafeteria, the library and everything else that made him remember back his past. 

Seongwoo didn't talk much through his visit there and let Jonghyun do all the talking. He didn't even smile too and keeps looking away from all the teachers that had recognized them after hours of being there. Jonghyun could feel the slight tension and he didn't take long before he excused themself and leave the school with Seongwoo. He didn't want to make Seongwoo even more uncomfortable by every seconds and pull Seongwoo away soon after that.

"Sorry, was too caught up with them. I missed them so much and glad that they still remember us."

"Y-yeah." 

Jonghyun didn't say anything else after that and they both walked home. Seongwoo's mother had cooked them dinner and was waiting for them to come home and minutes later Mr Ong came home and pull them into his big hug.

Seongwoo thinks it was better to stay at home rather than going out especially somewhere that would trigger his old memories back. They will decide where to go next tomorrow. They even plan on calling Minhyun later but for now let's just enjoy their dinner.

 

_____

 

Hi, new update is here ^^ and sorry if this chapter is a little crappy xDDDD

I was thinking of writing all about the places Seongwoo had gone to in Incheon and wrote all the names of the place but somehow I just make it short :D

And it looks kind of crappy, sorry again though :)))

This chapter feels like Jonghyun and Seongwoo are going on a date lol but nope they are going around as childhood friends and also I was thinking of introducing some of the OC who had bullied Seongwoo in the old days lol but again I didn't go with it hahahaha

Anyway hopefully you guys enjoy the latest update :DD

Comments and typos alert ^^ Ciao for now