What is bothering you Jaejoong?

Escape The Past

“What is bothering you Jaejoong-ah?” 

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

“Aaaah, Jaejoong-ah.... Jaejoong-ah.... There is something about you... I can feel it... I’m sure about it...” 

 

‘Is that why I gave him the job?’ 

 

The thought passed his mind making him frown. 

 

‘No! I chose him because he has excellent qualifications for this job... and that’s it! Yes, that’s I...’ 

 

‘Yeah right.... excellent qualifications... with an extra beauty...’ 

 

“Damn it...” 

 

Yunho frown deepened as he washed his hands, heading back to his desk busying himself with work trying to get a certain man out of his thoughts. 

 

************* 

 

“I’ll be back in a minute...” 

 

Yunho said walking out to the elevator, seeing Jaejoong nod to him. 

 

“I guess there is more work in his hands, lunch break isn’t going to be anytime soon...” 

 

Jaejoong mumbled and sighed putting his working glasses back on, typing into his computer. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah... come to my office...” 

 

Yunho re-appeared 10 minutes later with a huge plastic bag in his hand.  

 

“Deh Yunho-ssi...” 

 

Jaejoong said taking off his glasses, following his boss with his notebook, expecting new tasks. 

 

“Close the door behind you and come sit...” 

 

Yunho said setting a few disposable containers on the small table between the chairs in front of his desk. 

 

“I don’t understand, Yunho-ssi...” 

 

Yunho groaned at the other whom was looking at him confused. 

 

“First, we agreed to call me casually when we are alone in the office...” 

 

Jaejoong blushed and nodded. 

 

“Come and sit down to eat... I bought us lunch... You like Jajamyeon?” 

 

“Y-you bought lunch for me?” 

 

Jaejoong asked surprised, he wasn’t expecting it. 

 

“Of course, you sacrificed your delicious homemade lunch for me this morning So your lunch today is on me... come on” 

 

Yunho said sounding guilty, making the other smile at his nice gesture. 

 

“You didn’t have to Yunho-ss-!” 

 

“JAejoong....” 

 

Yunho angry yet calm tone made the other smile and nod. 

 

“You didn’t have to, Yunho... Thank you” 

 

Yunho smiled at the other whom blushed under his boss’s happy eyes. 

 

“Come on... dig in...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled and nod to him. 

 

******** 

 

“So? How are things with your hot boss?” 

 

“Changmin-ah...” 

 

Jaejoong whined knowing how much the other loves to , and his new boss is a topic that won’t be dropped. 

 

“It’s alright... he is a good man, I gave him my lunch to eat for breakfast and he bought lunch for me...” 

 

Jaejoong said with a smile remembering the nice gesture. 

 

“Woaah!... Already sharing food!... What’s next? A date?” 

 

“Changmin-aaah.... will you stop?” 

 

Jaejoong pleaded, hiding a smile, thinking about how would he feel going on a date with his boss. 

 

He turned off the heat under the pot of kimchi jegae, carrying it carefully to the table, his friend has just set. 

 

“Alright, alright, I’m sorry... I’m happy you are settling well...” 

 

“I am too... Most of the debts were paid, thanks to the good payment of this job... I only have 2 debts left to pay off...” 

 

Jaejoong poured the rice in three small bowls, calling his daughter to eat from their bedroom, where she was playing. 

 

“That is great... I suppose, Mr. Kang is one of these two?” 

 

Changmin asked, his features hardened remembering how dangerous this man and his gang are, getting a sigh and a nod from the other. 

 

“And yours...” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

Changmin looked confused at his friend who was smiling widely at melody who ran to him before he pulled her up into her chair. 

 

“I still haven’t paid you Changmin-ah...” 

 

Changmin looked at him with a ‘are you kidding me’ look. 

 

“You don’t owe me anything... What the hell are you talking about?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at his friend, Changmin was the only one who didn’t ask back for his money, standing by his side since the day kangin died. 

 

“I know kangin borrowed 1000 dollars from you... I’ll pay you when I’m done with those loan sharks...” 

 

“Exactly... Kangin borrowed money from me... and he died... he owes me, not you... so stop saying you have to pay me anything...” 

 

“Min-ah... How did I get so lucky to have you as a friend?” 

 

Jaejoong said gratefully smiling to the other. 

 

“I’d say, I’m lucky too... I have a friend who can make heavenly delicious food, and always inviting me to eat, so consider your debt paid.... by this!” 

  

Changmin said stuffing his mouth with a huge portion of stew and rice making the other two laugh. 

 

“Samchun is silly... you should eat slowly or your tummy will hurt...” 

 

Melody said giggling. 

 

“She is right, look at you... you look like a tall panda bear with these full cheeks...” 

 

Changmin groaned at them, chewing the food before eating again, making them laugh at more. 

 

****** 

 

The next few weeks went smoothly as Jaejoong was mostly busy at work, going home tending his daughter, until she goes to sleep, then he would make himself a cup of coffee and calculate his debts and how to pay them gradually. 

 

The first salary paid off his smaller debts to his old friends who turned against him after Kangin died, asking for their money regardless of his state... and now his second month is almost at end and it is about time for his second salary...  

His first priority is to pay part of the debt to Mr Kang, whom his husband borrowed a huge sum of money... He can’t wait to get rid of him and his men... they have been bothering him every few months. 

 

Jaejoong felt the shivers remembering those men, the way they look at him made his stomach twist. 

 

“I’ll make sure I’ll get this done with as soon as possible...” 

 

Jaejoong mumbled to himself, feeling that he is about to take control of his life again... and he was hoping by the new year he would be able to move out into a better apartment. 

 

****  

 

The next few days went by quick, Jaejoong looked at his phone which peeped alerting that he received a new message. 

 

“It’s is time to go home...” 

 

He mumbled to himself seeing the time, putting his work aside, tidying his desk, before walking towards his hanged coat. 

 

“Oh, It’s already 5pm?... Good job today Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

Yunho said looking at his watch seeing the other wear his coat, he looked tired as well. 

 

“Thank you, have a good evening...” 

 

Jaejoong replied smiling and bowing his head as he walked away towards the elevator... reaching the parking lot, he got in his car, took a deep breath before he reached his phone... The message was from his bank stating that his salary was deposited in his account. 

 

“Great... I need to get this over with...” 

 

He held his phone tight, dialing a number. 

 

“Jaejoong-ssiiii...” 

 

A rough voice appeared making his hand tremble. 

 

“Kang Jisub-ssi... Aneyohasayo... I’m sorry to bother you...” 

 

“You know you can call me anytime, Jaejoong-ssi... I know you must have been feeling lonely... haven’t you?” 

 

Jaejoong swallowed hard, he hated that he has to talk to this dangerous man, but this is needed to be done... ignoring the other’s words, he replied: 

 

“I called to tell you that I have some money to pay part of the debt...” 

 

“Hahahaha, you are such a hardworking man, Jaejoong-ssi... How much can you pay this time? A hundred dollars? Two hundred dollars?... you still have more than 7000 dollars to go...” 

 

“No... I’ll pay you 2000 dollars this time...” 

 

“Well, well... Someone won the lottery I see? Keep up the good work Jaejoong-ssi.. I’ll send my men to your house to get the money tonight...” 

 

“D-deh... Kamsahamnida... bye...” 

 

Jaejoong hanged up quick, feeling his heart beats hard, he is scared of this man... the memories of him breaking into the condo with 4 of his men, asking for his money... his husband was stupid enough to borrow 10,000 dollars from such a dangerous loan shark. 

 

He closed his eyes trying to hold his tears, he was scared, just thinking of meeting these men tonight... he hated dealing with such erted immoral people... he can still remember how this Mr. Kang touched his face, his eyes lusting over him... he remembered the humiliation he felt, begging him on his knees, to let him go and to be able to pay him in small batches.    

 

Taking deep breaths trying to calm himself, his trembling hands grabbed the steering wheel tightly, his mind is working on some positive thoughts... 

 

“Jaejoong?” 

 

A knock on his window woke him up from his turmoil, he looked up to see his boss looking at him... he tried to smile and look calm but a couple of tears escaped his teary eyes. 

 

“Are you alright?” 

 

Yunho asked looking concerned at the other who opened his window, noticing the tears. 

 

“I’m ok... I just have a headache... I’m sorry...” 

 

Jaejoong said feeling his heart beat fast seeing the other concerned looks, he looked away embarrassed.  

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

Yunho asked, his eyes softened as he saw the other nod to him with obvious embarrassment. 

 

“You can always talk to me Jaejoong-ah... if you need anything let me know... Ok?” 

 

Yunho said smiling softly at the other who smiled back shyly. 

 

“Thank you... I should get going... my daughter will be out of school soon...” 

 

Jaejoong stammered bowing his head before turning on the engine and driving out with a wave and a shy smile to his boss. 

 

“What is bothering you Jaejoong-ah?” 

 

Yunho mumbled to himself, he can’t forget how stressed and tremulous the other looked talking on the phone in his car... He sighed walking to his own car knowing he can’t help the other unless he was asked to.