Jung International

Escape The Past

Ch 1:

Jung International

 

 

 

 

"Are you sure Hyung? It's a big company" 

 

Changmin asked looking at his best friend in worry. 

 

"I don't think I have a choice Minnie..." 

 

"But... Hyung.... ugh.... I don't know what to say..." 

 

"It's ok Minnie, The important thing now is that you pick up Melody from school if I didn’t make it... I don't think It'll take long but you know how interviews work it could take time" 

 

"I know Hyung... good luck!" 

 

"Thank you Changminie.. I would never know what to do without you" 

 

Kim Jaejoong left his friend's apartment walking into the nearest bus station thinking of how true his last sentence was, Changmin is his best friend and his savior... he is tall and snarky most of the time but he is an angel for sure, he doesn't know what could have happened if Changmin wasn't there when he needed. 

 

The bus arrived and the beautiful man got on it sitting next to the window oblivious to the looks he was getting from the man sitting across from him as his mind was busy remembering his past three years. 

 

Changmin wasn't just his best friend, he was his counselor when he needs advice, his baby sitter when he can't get to his daughter... Melody.... the only good thing he got out of his disastrous marriage to Kangin. 

 

Kangin.... the name brought sour memories and the pale face cringed thinking about his late husband. 

 

'You have an interview... Kangin is the last thing you need on your mind now... let's be professional and decent... Fighting!' 

 

Jaejoong encouraged himself silently stepping out of the bus looking at the huge building of Jung electricals company where his interview for the head secretary is held. 

 

He took a deep breath before entering the elegant luxurious reception hall, looking around in amazement before focusing again and walking towards the receptionist. 

 

"Good afternoon miss... I'm Kim Jaejoong... I have an appointment for an interview with Mr. Jung Yunho at 2:00 pm" 

The receptionist looked at him from head to toe before scoffing and saying: 

 

"I'll let Mr. Jung's secretary know you are here, Please take a seat for now..." 

 

Jaejoong could feel his cheeks blush, it wasn't like he was embarrassed by his suit, it is decent and very acceptable, even though It wasn't as stylish as this rude employee's one. 

 

He looked around trying to not think of what just happened focusing on the coming interview... he might not be wearing the latest designer clothes but he came here for the job and his Résumé is good enough and that's what important. 

 

The place was full of people, but a group caught his attention, there were many suited men roaming around a tall one, trying hard to talk to him but he wasn't giving much attention to them. 

 

They stopped in front of the elevators with the tall man's back facing him, and a feeling of disgust filled Jaejoong's head... He hated how this tall man stood like an arrogant king who don't care for his people... he hated how others were dying to get his attention and that is probably one of the reasons of his arrogance... such attitude is always seen in rich people and this man looked filthy rich. 

 

Jaejoong's eyes were still staring at the man's back and his face showing exactly how he feels when suddenly the man turned around and he was met with a pair of icy cold almond eyes... He had no time to hide his repulsed expression as the man's eyebrows lifted giving him a degrading look before he smirked and turned back to the elevator. 

 

Jaejoong's cheeks were on fire, he was never this embarrassed in his whole life... he doesn't know why he acted like that, maybe the receptionist's attitude made him this uncomfortable... It wasn't an excuse it was rude of him and he should apologize, but when he looked up, he saw that man in the elevator looking back at him with the same smirk before the door of the elevator closed. 

 

"Aish!!"

 

 Jaejoong said in a whisper feeling so tense and more anxious than before, he kept thinking of that man and what had happened just now and who would that man be... he looked rich and in charge... maybe he is one of the executives in this company... or.... 

 

'No no... It can't be him... ' 

 

Jaejoong froze for a minute praying in his head for the man to not be his boss who is about to meet in a few minutes. 

 

"Kim Jaejoong-ssi?" 

 

A bubbly voice interrupted his thoughts, he looked up again to meet a cute blond guy in a suit before he nodded and stood up straight.

( https://i.pinimg.com/736x/52/4c/01/524c019eb723f2e81882617756b59066.jpg ) 

 

"I'm Kim Junsu.... Mr. Jung Yunho's secretary... Would you come with me?" 

 

"Ye-y-yes" 

 

Jaejoong said following him into the elevators before Junsu pressed the 12th floor button... the guy was in an elegant suit, he looked professional and very confident which lowered his own confidence more, can he ever be like this kim Junsu?  

 

Junsu noticed the other's eyes on him and he knew Jaejoong was nervous. 

 

"Don't worry, Mr. Jung has just arrived... He rarely arrives late... so we had a little chaos this morning" 

 

Jaejoong smiled back to Junsu feeling at ease, the cute man seemed very friendly and that made him a bit less worried. 

 

"Is this normal? I mean the chaos?" 

 

Jaejoong asked watching the numbers in the elevator count up. 

 

"Unfortunately, yes... as Mr. Jung's secretary... You have to get used to hard and long hours of work, you have to be confident, tough and know what you should and shouldn't do... will that be ok with you?"  

 

Junsu said looking at the other feeling his uneasiness. 

 

"I have no problem Junsu-ssi" 

 

Jaejoong tried to hide his uneasiness thinking of how he managed his last 3 years... he is used to hard long hours of work, he is used to stress and he knows what needed and when... so he was sure he can handle it. 

 

Junsu smiled widely at him saying: 

 

"That's great! I worked for Mr. Jung for the past 8 years and I was never bored... the job wasn't always easy and some days you have to stay late.. But he is a very considerate and a fair man if you know what I mean" 

 

Jaejoong nodded even though he wasn't sure he understood, the elevator bell dinged and they walked into a very well-furnished hall. 

 

"Junsu-ssi... I was wondering... If you don't mind me asking?" 

 

Junsu looked back at him and smiled. 

 

"Not at all, go ahead" 

 

"Well, can I ask you why are you quitting your job here?" 

 

"That is a logical and an expected question" 

 

Junsu smiled at him before showing up his hand with the sparkling ring in it. 

 

"I'm getting married... and my fiancé lives in Japan... He is a client here, we met, fell in love and we are tying the knot soon, he is a good friend of Mr. Jung so it's easier for us if I move to Japan... I'll be working in Jung electricals Japanese branch which is great!" 

 

Junsu happy and bubbly talk made Jaejoong smile widely. 

 

"Well, I'm really glad to hear you are getting married, congratulations Junsu-ssi!" 

 

Jaejoong said as they entered a huge office. 

 

"Thank you Jaejoong-shi, this is my office, that door is my own private room, it has a changing room, a bathroom and a kitchen... while that big door is Mr. Jung's office.... he has his own private room in his office where he change, shower or sleep in some hectic days.. you will see...." 

 

Junsu showed the pale man around his office before asking him to sit down and wait for a minute.... Jaejoong looked around the huge room... a changing room he said... hmmm it seems like Mr Jung is looking for a secretary who would eat, sleep and breathe at work, but he can't do that... he has Melody... and he was clear and fair with his resumé mentioning his 5 years old daughter. 

 

He knew this wasn't like the previous small company he worked at, this job is going to be loaded and he is up for it but not on the expense of his daughter... The high salary expected in such companies is what made him give his CV when he saw the announcement for the job. 

  

Ugh... If he got the job this would be his office... He will be able to get his little melody the things she wished for and he was unable to give to her.... would he be able to nail this interview? 

 

"Mr. Jung is ready to see you Jaejoong-ssi..." 

 

Junsu called him into Mr. Jung's office where he know the answer to his question... he knew the job was never going to be his when his eyes met the same icy almond eyes from the down hall sitting in front of him.