why don’t you work in my office today

Escape The Past

why don’t you work in my office today

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong parked his car next to Yunho’s, helping melody out of her car seat, he had to bring her with him to work... as Taecyeon and Minyoung left early morning to go to their hometown, and Changmin is still out of town... 

 

“Good morning, Yunho Samchun!” 

 

Melody said happily as soon as she and her mother entered the big office, seeing Yunho reading few papers at Jaejoong’s desk wearing black framed glasses. 

 

“Oh, Good morning Melody! What a nice surprise! Good morning Jaejoong...” 

 

Yunho said smiling at them as they walked in, taking off his glasses. 

 

“Good morning...” 

 

Jaejoong said bowing his head, smiling shyly at his boss, he has seen him with those glasses many times, and they made him look more attractive. 

 

‘Aish, stop thinking like that!’ 

 

Jaejoong scolded himself taking Melody’s jacket off before taking his own to hang them, seeing his daughter held up in his boss’s arms as soon as she ran to him. 

 

“I’m sorry again about Melody... Changmin will be back tonight... so It’s only for today....” 

 

Jaejoong apologized to his boss. 

 

“Don’t say that, Melody is always welcome here...” 

  

Yunho said before looking at Jaejoong, noticing how pale and tired he looked. 

 

“However, today will be a long day, we have a lot to do as tomorrow is Christmas...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at his boss, with a smile. 

 

“No worries Yunho, I’ll try my best... today and tomorrow...” 

 

“That is the thing... I want you to take tomorrow off...” 

 

Yunho said smiling at the little girl in his arms as she looked at him. 

 

“Huh?” 

 

“Tonight, is Christmas eve, Jaejoong-ah... And, who will open Santa's presents tomorrow morning?” 

 

“I do! I do!” 

 

Melody answered squealing. 

 

“Exactly! Wouldn't be nice for her to open presents alone without her mother... right?” 

 

Yunho asked ruffling Melody’s hair, meeting Jaejoong’s eyes. 

 

“Thank you... You are a great boss, Yunho-ah...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at him gently. 

 

“That I am!” 

 

Yunho said chuckling feeling his heart flutter seeing the other giggling at him happily, covering his smile. 

 

“Now! I have a suggestion... why don’t you work in my office today... I have an extra space where Melody can play... that would make it easier for us both to keep an eye on her...” 

 

Yunho’s suggestion surprised him. 

 

“I wouldn’t want her to bother you...” 

 

“Don’t worry... It’s because, I need your full attention today...” 

 

Jaejoong looked confused at his boss. 

 

“I know it was due by the first week of January but we are going to do the annual report file today... as I’ll be taking it with me tonight to family dinner... Appa asked to see it...” 

 

‘Damn, that would take at least 5 hours of file sorting...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought nodding to his boss. 

 

“I understand...” 

 

Yunho smiled and winked at him before walking to his office with Melody still in his arms. 

 

“Coffee whenever you’re ready...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded again, not trusting his voice, his heart beating fast. 

 

‘Calm down... Stop acting like a teenager... it’s just a silly wink...  nothing special.’ 

 

Jaejoong thought sighing deep... making coffee for both of them, thinking that it’s not a bad idea to work together today as it’s going to be a long day. 

 

************ 

 

Yunho looked up from his computer, seeing Melody asleep on the couch, covered by Jaejoong’s jacket. 

 

‘When did she fall asleep? I didn’t notice him taking off his jacket...’ 

 

Yunho thought, his eyes watching Jaejoong’s details, from the shiny hazel brown locks falling gently on his face, the soft frown on his face, slightly covered by the black framed eyeglasses, the tip of his pink tongue peeking out as he was reading a file. His wide shoulders and the light blue shirt that were gently ruffled around his waist made him look y...  

 

‘Wh-what?! Am I crazy?’ 

 

Yunho was surprised of his thoughts 

 

‘That man is my assistant and he is a widower with a child, whom showed no sign of interest in me... on the opposite... he seems scared of me... I shouldn’t be thinking like that... he is a great hardworking man... I shouldn’t think beyond that... or I’ll lose him...’ 

 

He thought, trying to focus on his work... he needs the files from when Junsu was here. 

 

“Damn!... I need the old files from the first 6 months of this year... I think I remember where Junsu had put them...” 

 

Yunho said stretching his shoulders as they have been working nonstop for the past 4 hours. 

 

“I will get them for you, you may not find what you need...” 

 

Jaejoong said looking up through his large, framed glasses at his boss, seeing him walking to the office door. 

 

 

“Huh? why?” 

 

Yunho asked, feeling his heart pick up a beat meeting the doe eye behind the glasses. 

 

“Because I rearranged all files in there...” 

 

Jaejoong felt embarrassed yet worried seeing his boss looking at him without saying anything for a minute. 

 

“Alright... let’s go... show me how you arranged everything...” 

 

“Deh?!” 

 

Jaejoong asked, standing up, not expecting his boss to ask to go with him... His eyes checking on his daughter that was sleeping on the couch near him, he can’t say no to his boss, but he can’t leave Melody. 

 

“Don’t worry, it’s for a couple of minutes... she will be fine.” 

 

Yunho said seeing the other’s eyes on his daughter. 

 

“Deh, let’s go...” 

 

He nodded walking with Yunho towards the storage room outside their offices, leaving Melody sleeping peacefully, knowing it won’t take long. 

 

*********** 

 

“Umma?” 

 

Melody woke up rubbing her sleepy eyes, she looked around and didn’t see her mother nor Yunho. 

 

“Umma!” 

 

She called again hopping off the couch, walking around the large office. 

 

“Ummaaaa! Odeya?! (Where are you?)” 

 

Hearing no answer, she walked out to the other’s office, checking the small kitchen, finding no one there. 

 

“Ummaaaaa!” 

 

Melody kept calling, feeling scared as she couldn't find her mother anywhere... peeking out of her mother’s office into the large reception, she saw her mother’s back going into the elevator, so she ran to catch up with him, entering the elevator before it closed. 

 

“Um-!” 

 

Melody called, but to her surprise, she was met with a strange face looking at her confused. 

 

******************* 

 

“I’d say, Jaejoong-ah... doing reports of each month is a fantastic idea... You did a great job sorting the files and rearranging them... It would have taken us a few more hours to review the files... but now all we need is to review your reports... I’m impressed” 

 

Yunho said holding the folders of monthly reports as they walked back to his office, smiling wide seeing his assistant smile back shyly. 

 

“I’m happy to help...” 

 

Jaejoong answered entering Yunho’s office, his eyes falling on the empty couch. 

 

“You did-” 

 

“Melody!?” 

 

Yunho’s words were interrupted by Jaejoong’s worried voice, looking at his assistant walk around the office calling his daughter... 

 

“Melody! Where are you?” 

 

“Where is she?” 

 

Yunho asked, alarmed not seeing the little girl anywhere...