Today is just a bad day

Escape The Past

Today is just a bad day

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

“I’m alright... don’t worry....” 

 

Yunho frowned seeing the other holding the paper bag with his pale shivering hands. 

 

“Jesus! Jaejoong... you are shivering... look at your hands...” 

 

Before he could answer his boss, a couple of sneezes attacked his nose. 

 

“See... my point exactly... go now... the burn can wait... I won’t let you treat it unless you go change...” 

 

Yunho said getting a frown and a nod from his assistant seeing him put the paper bag on the desk before excusing himself to his office. 

********** 

 

“Come in...” 

 

Yunho said, hearing a knock on his door, seeing Jaejoong enter, wearing a nicely fitted dark maroon suit pants and a white shirt, his hair is dried and combed nicely to the side. 

 

‘Good, his face is not as pale...’ 

 

Yunho thought feeling his heart pick up a beat seeing Jaejoong walk towards him. 

 

‘Damn he looks... so good in that suit... StOP! Don't go there... he is your assistant!’ 

 

He thought swallowing hard trying not to think of how good Jaejoong looks now, clearing his throat. 

 

“Good... are you cold? Do you feel sick?” 

 

Yunho asked, seeing the other shake his head, his cheeks blushing which didn’t help calm his heart. 

 

“I’m alright... I can handle cold...” 

 

Jaejoong said in a serious tone avoiding the other’s eyes. 

 

‘Why is he is talking like that?’ 

‘Is he mad?’  

‘Was I harsh on him?’  

‘I guess I was...’ 

 

Yunho thought feeling bad for yelling at the other. 

 

“Sit on the chair please, I need to treat the burn...” 

 

Jaejoong said still talking stiffly. 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Yunho sat on the arm chair, pulling his sweater off the red skin, watching the other, pull another chair, sitting in front of him. 

 

“It’s going to sting a little... bear with me...” 

 

Jaejoong said lifelessly, taking out a couple of ointments, squeezing both of them on his finger, before gently spreading it over the red skin, blowing air on it hearing the other hiss a little upon touching his injured skin, that has started to show blisters. 

 

“I’ll go as gentle as I can... I’m sorry if I'm hurting you...” 

    

Jaejoong said, when he felt his boss’s hand hold his arm stopping him, looking up meeting the almond soft eyes.  

 

“I’m really sorry, Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

“Deh?” 

 

Jaejoong looked surprised, he didn’t expect the other to apologize to him, he was the one at fault... he was irresponsible, causing such hurtful accidents and carelessly going out all wet in this weather after all that... Yunho was right... what if he fell sick?... he still has work to do over the next few days, a couple of offers to get ready by next week and he was already paid to work this holiday...  

 

“I shouldn’t have yelled at you like that... I was just worried you’d get sick...” 

 

“N-no...” 

 

Jaejoong looked down in shame and guilt. 

 

“Jaejoong, I-” 

 

“It... it’s ok...” 

 

Jaejoong sighed, releasing his hand from the other, still looking down with a sour face. 

 

“I deserved that... you were right... I’ve been nothing but irresponsible...” 

 

He said looking up, his serious yet wet eyes meeting the almond ones, making Yunho’s heart skip a beat. 

 

“Yunho... I don’t really understand what happened... but I am sure it’s all on me... It was my fault... I am really sorry... I promise it won’t happen again...” 

 

Yunho smiled at his assistant, he knows that Jaejoong is a sensitive man with a high sense of responsibility and judgement... so he wasn’t surprised to hear him say that. 

 

“You did nothing wrong... let’s just say... today is just a bad day... and forget what happened... is that ok?” 

 

Hearing his boss, Jaejoong nod to him gratefully... taking a large bandage from the bag placing it on the burn that was covered with ointments, securing it with a medical tape. 

 

“Thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong shook his head at his boss, seeing him pull his sweater down. 

 

“No... thank you, boss... someone else would have fired me instantly after what happened... Junsu was right... you are the best...” 

 

“Aigo... why would I fire a great assistant for tripping? It's not your fault alone... I was in your way...” 

 

Yunho chuckled, hearing the other chuckle with him. 

  

“Thank you, Yunho...” 

 

JAejoong smiled and nod to him before looking at his watch. 

 

“It’s 10:30... I’m already behind schedule... I’ll go start on the financial reports...” 

 

Yunho nodded seeing the paler man stand up, packing the ointments back into the bag, bow to him and leave with the files. 

 

************ 

 

“Jaejoong?” 

 

Yunho’s voice was heard through their intercom a few hours later. 

 

“Deh.” 

 

“Please, order lunch to be delivered to the office” 

 

“Alright... what do you like me to order?” 

 

“Order two meals for us, your choice... I’m fine with anything...” 

 

“I... you don’t have to-” 

 

“Order two meals... you didn’t have breakfast and you are not skipping another meal... no argument, ok?” 

 

“Deh...” 

 

Jaejoong replied with a sigh, he didn’t feel like eating especially with his boss after today’s embarrassing events. 

 

‘Looks like I don’t have a choice’ 

 

Calling the nearby restaurant ordering what they recommended for them. 

 

**************** 

 

Yunho looked up from the multiple papers on his desk to see his assistant carrying a large bag of what looked like food containers. 

 

“Ah, lay them on the table and start eating, I need 10 minutes and I’ll be with you...” 

 

Yunho said looking back at the report in his hand. 

 

“I still have something in hand to do too, I’ll be back...” 

 

Jaejoong said without looking back, going back to his desk, resuming to type the report he was working on when the delivery called, thinking that he can get some work done until his boss calls him to eat.