Your hair... it’s colors are unusual

Escape The Past

Your hair... it’s colors are unusual

 

 

 

Previously:

 

“Keep your head held high, Jaejoong-ah” 

 

Jaejoong looked up meeting his boss eyes, nodding firmly, the last thing he wants is to embarrass Yunho. 

 

“Lee Woosung is a sly fox, but when you meet him, you’ll see how kind and adorable he is... his son too... you will love them...” 

 

******************************************************* 

 

As said, Jaejoong did love the old man and his son, they were kind and funny, not to mention sharp witted... and it was obvious they have known Yunho and worked with him before. 

 

Yet, the two of them were not enough to take Yunho down, he proved how smart and skillful he is, reaching a deal with them with minimal compromises from both sides. 

 

“Your boss is a smart fox, but of course you know that already...” 

 

Woosung said shaking Jaejoong’s hand when they walked out of the restaurant. 

 

“That what he said about you, Woosung-ssi” 

 

Jaejoong replied smiling, seeing the old man laugh at his comment. 

 

“Such a brilliant young man... Yunho’s choice of people, never disappoints me...” 

 

Jaejoong looked up at his boss who smiled to both of them nodding. 

 

“It was a pleasure meeting you, Jaejoong-ssi...” 

 

Donghae said shaking Jaejoong’s hand before lifting it to his lips kissing it gently, surprising him, an embarrassed soft smile appeared on his face. 

 

“Uh, Um, Thank you Donghae-ssi... pleasure is mine...” 

 

Jaejoong replied bowing down to them, but before any more words were said, he felt himself pulled by his boss towards the car, he can see the other frown and tight jaw. 

 

“It went well...” 

 

Yunho said with a straight face and a stern tone as soon as they hit the road. 

 

“It did...” 

 

Jaejoong replied his eyes never leaving his boss. 

 

“I see that you got along with them...” 

 

“You were right... they are very nice...” 

 

Getting only a stiff nod in return. 

 

‘What happened?’ 

 

Jaejoong wondered looking away from his boss wondering what’s gotten into the other. 

 

Reaching the office, Yunho disappeared behind his office door after pointing some tasks and notes, leaving him to his work. 

  

********** 

 

After the turmoil of emotions Jaejoong had today, he felt exhausted by the end of the day... less than an hour left for him to go home... he sighed tiredly fixing the file with today’s reports needed to be signed by his boss and sent by mail. 

 

“Come in...” 

 

Jaejoong heard his boss’s voice after he knocked on his office. 

 

“Today’s reports are ready to be signed...” 

 

Jaejoong said approaching his boss’s desk. 

 

“Thank you, Jaejoong...” 

 

“I’ll be back for them in ten minutes... so you’d have time to sign them...” 

 

Jaejoong said gently, retreating to the door. 

 

“Um..” 

 

Stopping and turning to his boss when he remembered about the financial report for today’s deal that was included in the file. 

 

‘What the...’ 

 

Jaejoong froze in his place, his heart pounded hard in his chest meeting the other’s clouded eyes which were gazing softly at him.  

 

“Your hair... it’s colors are unusual... contrasting your eye color...” 

 

Yunho said his eyes never leaving the pale blushing face. 

 

“It’s my natural hair...” 

 

Jaejoong responded nervously, looking away from the other’s uwavering gaze. 

 

“I know, I can tell...” 

 

‘of course, you can...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought in sarcasm thinking his boss must have many brunettes and blondes throwing themselves on him... but that thought only made him more uncomfortable. 

 

“Melody has the same hair color...” 

 

He blurted out trying to change the subject. 

 

“It’s genes... one of your parents must have had the same hair color...” 

 

Nodding to his boss, seeing how his face have gotten serious again, eyes sharp and focused. 

 

“I’ll... I’ll be back for the signed papers...” 

 

Yunho nodded to him stiffly, watching him leave to his office. 

 

‘What was that!?’ 

 

Jaejoong thought breathing deep, thinking of the weird encounter he’s just had with his boss. 

 

After 20 minutes, Jaejoong knocked again on his boss’s door to get the signed paper in order to send them by mail before he takes off home. 

  

“Can you sit for a moment... I need to talk to you...” 

 

Yunho said handing his assistant the file he came in for. 

 

“Yes...” 

 

Jaejoong replied taking a seat behind the desk in front of his boss, whom was sitting with his fingers crossing under his chin. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah... as my assistant... you hold almost all the office secrets...” 

 

Jaejoong didn’t know where this was going but he nodded in reply. 

 

“People will approach you; they will befriend you... and try to get as much info as they can out of you... so you need to be careful... Some may try and get to know you on a personal level...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded again, understanding the other’s point of view. 

 

“Junsu kept his relations with other people outside this company as formal as possible... especially if they were from other firms...” 

 

“I understand...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him standing up. 

 

“I don’t think you do...” 

 

Yunho said making his assistant stop and look up at him. 

 

“The thing is...” 

 

Jaejoong was able to feel the other’s uneasiness, feeling that there might be a problem with his work. 

 

“What is it?” 

 

“The thing is... I think you will get a phone call from Lee Donghae...” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other puzzled. 

 

“Why would Lee Donghae-ssi call me?” 

 

“Isn’t it obvious?” 

 

Yunho replied sharply, his hands clenching. 

 

“I don’t understand... what obvious?” 

 

“When you went to the rest room today at lunch, he asked me about you...” 

 

Jaejoong’s eyes widened in shock. 

 

“I... didn’t... I’m sorry...” 

 

“I know you didn’t notice...” 

 

Yunho said sounding a little upset. 

 

“I didn’t... I was there as your assistant and that’s all...” 

 

Jaejoong said firmly thinking that sadly, he wouldn’t be able to notice anyone when this destructive man is around...  

 

“I’m flattered... and impressed, really... however, Donghae will probably contact you, and ask you for dinner or lunch... maybe a date...” 

 

Yunho said meeting the other wide eyes in distress. 

 

“Our company and the Lee’s are in constant competition... especially these days...” 

 

“So, you think he will try and use me for his gain?” 

 

Jaejoong answered, his tone becoming sharper. 

 

‘HOw DARe HE!!... He thinks I’m stupid to fall for such moves and talk about the company information... GOD!’ 

 

“Not necessarily...” 

 

Yunho said calmly sensing that the other is upset. 

 

“Then what?!” 

 

“I was just pointing out that he might try...” 

 

Yunho said meeting the enraged doe eyes. 

 

“I’m you assistant, I work for you... and you have the right to ask for my complete loyalty... BUT! You have no right to decide whether I go out with someone or whom he is...” 

 

Jaejoong said in an angry low tone, he isn’t planning to go out with Donghae or with anyone else, but the thought, that his boss thinking, he can control this aspect of his life made him angry. 

 

'No one can decide for me... I won't let that happen again...'

 

Jaejoong thought remembering his late husband.

 

“And, I’m not trying to...” 

 

Yunho replied calmly though surprised by the other’s reaction. 

 

“But that was what you were just implying...” 

 

Yunho closed his eyes, taking a deep breath... hating the other’s defensive attitude against him, especially when he saw how he interacted with Donghae this afternoon... he was calm, smiled to the other and didn’t push himself away when he kissed his hand... does his assistant feel unsafe or threatened around him only?... that thought made him really upset. 

 

“No need for this exaggerated reaction, you’ve been working here for 3 months now and this is the first time I’ve seen you behave this way...” 

 

Yunho said in a firm bossy tone, walking to his office door opening it. 

 

“Please make sure the reports are mailed tonight before going home...” 

 

Jaejoong was dismissed, like a little boy whom was causing trouble... and he felt angry at this treatment... He held his head high, wanting to walk out with what left of his pride, but fate wasn’t on his side tonight, as his foot got tangled in the carpet, sending the file in his hands flying. 

His body was going to hit the ground if not for the strong arms that held him. 

 

“Are you alright?!” 

 

Jaejoong kept his eyes closed knowing that his boss has just caught him, his hands resting on the strong muscular chest, the strong warm hands supporting his torso, the other’s perfume tickling his nose, making his heart beat like crazy, and his body tremble. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

Yunho said gently feeling the other trembling in his arms, as he opened his doe eyes meeting his boss’s. 

 

“It’s ok, Jaejoong-ah... you are ok...” 

 

He said bending his head down, his arms tightening around the other. 

 

“There you go...” 

 

Yunho said as stood up right pulling the other up with him, before letting go. 

 

‘I thought... I thought... he was going to hug me...’ 

 

Jaejoong felt embarrassed of what he thought, pushing himself away from his boss, looking up to meet his eyes, seeing the frowning face he felt more embarrassed. 

 

“Jaej-” 

  

“I’ll make sure to send these reports before I leave...” 

 

He said walking out of the office, closing the door behind him...  

 

‘GoD! So embarrassing!... how am I going to face him again?’ 

 

Sitting at his desk, Jaejoong took a deep breath, stuffing the reports in their envelopes mindlessly... as soon as he finished, he took his coat and bag, passing by the other office to deliver the reports himself before walking out of the company, it was the first time he has left without greeting his boss.