You are a good negotiator

Escape The Past

You are a good negotiator

 

 

 

 

 

“Umma... What are you cooking?” 

 

Melody walked out of the bedroom rubbing her sleepy eyes, to find her mother cooking. 

 

“Oh, you woke up?... Good morning, Baby... I’m making breakfast for you and Minmin Samchun... waffles...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling at his daughter, whom eyes widened with a big smile. 

 

“Waffles! Yaaay!!” 

 

“Go wash up your face and teeth... I’ll get them ready so we can make them together before we leave...” 

 

Melody nodded to him and ran to the bathroom making him chuckle. 

 

‘The batter is ready, the fruits are all chopped, and the containers are ready... Now I have to shower and get ready.’ 

 

Jaejoong thought getting the containers ready and the waffle maker out to be ready to turn on when they are dressed. 

 

Taking a quick shower, wearing his suit, helping Melody wear her warm pants and sweater, they went to the kitchen. 

 

“I’ll pour the batter to the waffle maker today... we don’t want our pretty clothes to get dirty, ok?... you can put the fruits on top of them when we are done...” 

 

Melody nodded to her mother, bouncing happily watching as Jaejoong wore his kitchen apron on his suit and poured the first batch. 

 

“How about we sing a Christmas song while the waffles get cooked?” 

 

The taller man said smiling wide at his daughter getting a happy nod. 

 

“Which song do you want to sing?” 

 

“Santa Claus is coming to town!” 

  

Melody chanted seeing her mother smile and nod. 

 

“That is a very nice song! I like it! You want to start?” 

 

“You better watch out... you better not cry...” 

 

Melody started singing frowning at her mother, pointing at her dramatically with the lyrics making him giggle. 

 

“You better not pout; I’m telling you why...” 

 

They both started singing together as Jaejoong, got the freshly baked waffles out, putting a new batch. 

 

“Yaaay! Great singing Melody!... I love your voice!” 

 

Jaejoong said making his daughter giggle shyly. 

 

“I love your voice too, Umma!” 

 

Jaejoong bent towards her getting a kiss from his daughter smiling widely at her. 

 

“The waffles are done... this container has 4 large waffles for you and Minmin Samchun to share... ok?” 

 

Melody nodded seeing another container with 3 large waffles in it, pointing at it. 

 

“And that is for you, right Umma?” 

 

“Y-yes baby... I made some for me and for Yunho Samchun... so we can be strong and finish work early... because I want to come back to my Melo as fast as I can!” 

 

“I Love you, Umma...” 

 

Melody said smiling, watching her mother unplug the waffle machine, bringing a large bowl of berries. 

 

“There you go baby... put the berries on all the waffles... wait... we don’t want to stain our pretty sweater...” 

 

Jaejoong said, pulling his daughter’s sleeve up, so it won’t get dirty. 

 

“Is that ok, Umma?” 

 

Melody asked, seeing the other come back with another bowl, chuckling at her seeing her eat a few blueberries. 

 

“It looks great baby... I’ll drizzle some chocolate on them, and we will be ready to leave... did you get all your stuff?” 

 

Jaejoong asked, drizzling some melted chocolate on the waffles, seeing his daughter shake her head. 

 

“I’ll go get Somi and Yona... I want to show them Minmin’s Samchun house...” 

 

She said, running to their bedroom, getting her dolls packed in her back bag. 

 

“Melo-yah... we don’t want to be late... “ 

 

“Coming!” 

 

Melody came holding her bag, smiling seeing her mother packing the food containers into a bag. 

 

“Come on, let’s get our shoes and coats on... it’s cold outside!” 

 

“It’s cold outside... because we are in winter...” 

 

“That’s right, baby...” 

 

Smiling to his daughter, as he helped her wear her boots, coat, scarf and beanie. 

 

“Your turn...” 

 

Nodding to her with a smile, wearing his boots and coat, wrapping the heavy scarf around his neck. 

 

“Are you ready?” 

 

“Yes...” 

 

**************** 

 

“Come in” 

 

Yunho said, looking up seeing his assistant walk in a dark blue suit, holding the usual coffee tray and a bag. 

 

“Good morning...” 

 

“Good morning Jaejoong-ah... how are you today?” 

 

Yunho asked with smile helping the other. 

 

“I-I’m good... and you?” 

 

“I’m great... hungry now, seeing that bag with the coffee...” 

 

Yunho answered chuckling, seeing the other smile back at him pulling the container out. 

 

“I made waffles with Melody this morning for her and Changmin to eat and I brought some for you...” 

 

Jaejoong said, seeing his boss smile at him like a child, giggling happily when he opened the container. 

 

“That is great! I haven’t had waffles in years! Thank you Jaejoong-ah... You are the best!” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at him gently... his boss has a charming childish side, he is really sweet and friendly, yet he can’t deny that he can be sharp and tough when needed... but regardless, he likes how their relationship is at right now... friendly but still professional.  

 

“Don’t you want to eat?” 

 

Yunho asked, seeing the other smile at him. 

 

“No... it’s for you...” 

 

Jaejoong said shyly, turning to leave. 

 

“Nonsense... you said that you made waffles for Melody and Changmin-ssi... which means you didn’t have breakfast with them... am I right?... I can’t let you skip a meal... you said it yourself, it’s a bad habit...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other surprised, before he sighed and said: 

 

“You are a good negotiator... No wonder you are a great business man...” 

 

Yunho chuckled at him. 

 

“Did you make your coffee?” 

 

“Not really, but I have a cup... Changmin gave me some when I dropped Melody at his house... it’s on my desk... I’ll go get it...” 

 

Jaejoong said seeing his boss smile and nod at him. 

 

*************** 

 

“Yes, Minho-ssi... I’ll let Yunho-ssi know about the schedule change... thank you... have a good day...” 

 

Jaejoong said hanging up the landline of his office, writing down a note about the phone call, his coffee has gotten cold, so he walked to the kitchen, pouring it in a mug, heating it quick on the microwave, as he didn’t want his boss to wait for long... holding up the steaming hot coffee carefully walking towards his boss’s office... thinking that his boss is aware he is coming back; so, he didn’t need to knock, as the door is not totally shut. 

 

However, when his free hand reached the door to push it, the door swung open, making him lose his balance, falling ahead, splashing the hot coffee onto his boss whom apparently opened the door.