I never repeated that mistake again

Escape The Past

I never repeated that mistake again

 

 

Previously:

 

“Umma! Can you read me a bed time story?” 

 

Melody said cutely, but her mother shook his head. 

 

“Not tonight baby, Yunho-ssi and I have some work to do...” 

 

“But, Ummaa....” 

 

Melody whined hugging her mother’s leg as soon as the taller man put her down. 

 

“Be a good girl, melody, and tomorrow I’ll put extra cake for you and Minho, ok?” 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Melody replied with a nod seeing how serious her mother sounded. 

 

“Good night, Yunho Samchun...” 

 

Melody said waving at the taller man, whom nodded to his assistant when he excused himself to put melody to bed. 

 

******************************* 

 

“I’m sorry, baby... I’ll read you a new bedtime story tomorrow...ok?” 

 

Jaejoong said feeling guilty seeing his daughter in bed with a cute pout. 

 

“Ok, Umma... I’ll tell Blue a bed time story tonight.... Nighty!” 

 

She said hugging her whale shaped stuffed doll smiling. 

 

“Great idea... Nighty baby...” 

 

Jaejoong said kissing his daughter’s head, turning on the side lamp before turning the lights off, walking out of the room, closing the bedroom door with a worried sigh, to find his boss standing in front of the living room window. 

 

“You have a charming daughter...” 

 

Yunho’s gentle voice made him more anxious. 

 

“Th-thank you...” 

 

“She is a smart kid, you must be proud of her...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to the other, seeing him turn to face him, standing tall with his hands in his pockets, meeting his eyes. 

 

“Does she remember her father?” 

 

Yunho’s question apparently surprised the other as his face darkened and his body tensed. 

 

‘I need to know more about you, Jaejoong-ah... I want to know everything about you’ 

 

Yunho thought seeing the other still standing the bedroom door looking anxious, he knew that the other wouldn’t open to him easily, he needs to push him a little... he was always good at getting what he wants by finding the weak points in his opponents... the missing report is his chance to get closer to his assistant, knowing the other is feeling guilty and responsible right now... and that is his weak spot... he got to take his chance... 

  

“N-no... she doesn’t remember him...” 

 

Jaejoong answered in a cold tone. 

 

“Come here Jaejoong... let’s sit and talk...” 

 

Yunho said ushering the other to sit, as he took a seat in one of the chairs. 

 

‘Why do I feel like he is the owner and I’m a guest in my own house...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought walking slowly, sitting away from the other, needing the space between them... but the other was thinking differently, pulling his chair to sit directly in front of him, too close that made him stand up quickly. 

 

“Please, Yunho... I... I... I know what I did is a huge mistake... I understand how it might cost you... I will resign immediately, as I said before... and-” 

 

Jaejoong said holding his hands together in front of his waist looking away, making the other smile gently...   

 

Leaning forward, his elbows resting on his knees, Yunho’s eyes watched the other stand in front of him, looking embarrassed, he made sure not to get any closer to the shaken man. 

 

‘His fair skin, his soft hair... his smell... his lips...’ 

 

nho’s eyes watched him, sensing how anxious he is, smiling more before looking down. 

 

“I joined Jung Internationals directly after graduation... I was still a reckless young lad back then...” 

 

Jaejoong looked at his boss, whom started talking with a gentle smile, looking down, making him relax a bit. 

 

“Appa is a tough man, he is always calm and thoughtful... Umma on the other side, is very active, reckless, sometimes irrational... driven by her emotions most of the time... they make a great couple together though...” 

 

Yunho said chuckling gently looking up with a soft smile meeting the other’s whom tried to smile back. 

 

“I tried to be more like Appa... especially at work... and I succeeded most of the time... In my first year at Jung international, Umma’s genes were more in control and I like to think of that as an excuse for being young and reckless...” 

Jaejoong nodded to him, slowly sitting back down in front of his boss, making Yunho smile more at him, knowing he got his attention. 

 

“I made a terrible mistake back then... a huge risk that your mistake would sound so silly compared to it... it could have destroyed the company... and... I never repeated that mistake again...” 

 

Yunho said leaning a bit towards the other looking at him gently. 

 

“And, I know that you would never fall for the same thing again, Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

Hearing that, Jaejoong felt his eyes water, holding the tears back, he sensed that the other wasn’t just talking about the report mistake. 

 

“I... I... I’m glad you think that way... and I know how stressful this is for you...” 

 

Jaejoong said sticking to the report issue, denying any hidden meanings he sensed the other pointed. 

 

“I don’t get distressed easily, Jaejoong-ah...” 

 

Yunho grinned, leaning a little more at the other, whom was surprised by the change of expression on the handsome face making his heart beat faster. 

 

“C-c-coffee!! I’ll make coffee...” 

 

Jaejoong said abruptly standing up, stepping back a little, seeing the other stand up too. 

 

“Great...” 

 

Yunho smiled, stepping towards him, taking his hand in his, making him more flustered. 

 

“Don’t forget, mistakes also make you wiser and more experienced... always take in the positive aspects and learn from the negatives... but never let them get in your way...” 

 

Jaejoong’s eyes teared up again hearing the other’s words, knowing the other meant his marriage... he shouldn’t have talked about it today. 

 

“Saying it is much easier than doing it...” 

 

 “Maybe...” 

 

Yunho said feeling the other tremble, the need to protect this man grew stronger inside him, holding himself from taking the other in his arms to comfort him... it was the first time he felt such strong feelings towards somebody. 

 

‘Why... Why does he make me feel so weak?’ 

  

Jaejoong thought, the warmth that seeped from the hand that held his, made his body shiver. 

 

‘Just a simple touch from his hand made me this weak... how would it feel to be hugged by him... it must feel amazing... being in his arms... feeling his warmth... feeling protected and supported... feeling loved...’ 

 

Those thoughts startled him, he looked at the other with large eyes, pulling his hand away, stepping back from him. 

 

“I- I’ll make coffee...” 

 

Jaejoong said stuttering before walking to the kitchen, taking a deep breath once out of the other’s sight... his knees were shaking; his chest tightens knowing that his body craved to feel the other’s warmth. 

 

‘I shouldn’t think like that! I should be careful... I would never fall for it again... I’ve seen hell with Kangin and I would never let it happen again... I’m good on my own... I need no one... no one’ 

 

Jaejoong’s thoughts were racing, making the coffee was a mess in his condition... holding the coffee cups in his hands hard, remembering how close Melody got to the other... He can’t go through this again... he can’t stand the fear of having Melody in another’s man mercy... not after what Kangin did... they don’t need anyone in their lives... He and melody are fine by themselves. 

 

‘I’ll try and repay him for the mistake I made today, but I’ll make sure he stays away from Melody... I can’t risk her getting hurt...’