You like him, like him?

Escape The Past

?You like him, like him

 

 

 

 

Jaejoong felt his eyes heavy, he pushed himself to open them... everything was blurry. 

 

“Where am I?” 

 

Jaejoong mumbled trying to regain his focus, sitting up. 

 

“Hey... hey... easy... are you ok?” 

 

Jaejoong looked up, his eyes finally focusing, to see they were in the office and Yunho sitting at the middle table in front of him. 

 

“I’m fine...” 

 

He nodded to him, faintly replying. 

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

Yunho asked again, thinking the other’s still looks pale. 

 

“Here... drink this...” 

 

Yunho stood up to give him a glass of water, before sitting near him again. 

 

“Thank you” 

 

He said faintly taking a small sip of the water, looking around seeing a canula in his arm attached to a drip. 

 

“What happened?” 

 

Jaejoong asked, feeling his head still foggy. 

 

“You fainted” 

 

Jaejoong’s sighed gloomily and nodded looking around. 

 

“Melody?” 

 

“Jihye and Melody went to get us lunch...” 

 

“Wh-what?! I... I... how could you!?  why would you do that!? What were you thinking?! why would you let her take Melody?... I don’t know her!... Melody... I-… you... Ugh!” 

 

Jaejoong yelled out worriedly, looking frantically at his boss, he only met this lady today and now she has his daughter with her. 

 

“You are right, Jaejoong-ah... you don’t know Jihye... but I do... she is my little sister... I sent Melody to go with her... I shouldn’t have without your consent... that is on me… please forgive me...” 

 

“S-sister?” 

 

Jaejoong mumbled looked at Yunho surprised, he didn’t expect the pretty lady to be his boss’s younger sister... he nodded quietly feeling embarrassed... Yunho did mention his sister Jihye before, a doctor studying abroad... feeling stupid for not recognizing her. 

 

“And... Jaejoong-ah... You have every reason not to trust me, I told you to come show me the files and that it is ok to leave Melody and then she was scared and got lost... I should have been more responsible, that’s on me and I’m really sorry... but be assured, Melody is safe with Jihye... they went to the restaurant next to our building... they will be here soon... don’t worry” 

 

“No... no... It’s on me... I’m her mother and she is my responsibility... I should have known better; I should have stayed with her... I’m sorry too... I didn’t mean to cause any trouble...” 

 

“Don’t worry about it... what important now is for you to get better...” 

 

Yunho said smiling at his assistant, whom nodded to him, feeling his heart flutter. 

 

“Thank you... I am better...” 

 

Jaejoong said feeling his face blushing, hearing Yunho’s words, avoiding his eyes. 

 

”Then, Let’s get some work done, before they get back...” 

 

Jaejoong continued, leaning to grab his laptop, but Yunho stopped him. 

 

“Not a chance... after you eat, I’m sending you home...” 

 

“But... the report... you can’t finish it before dinner by yourself...” 

 

Jaejoong said looking at his boss with worried eyes. 

 

“I will... don’t worry about it...” 

 

“Yunho-ah... I’m ok... I can work... I just panicked when Melody went missing... now I’m totally fine... Look!” 

 

Jaejoong said, moving his arms around. 

 

“You are going home, Jaejoong...” 

 

Yunho said dismissing the other’s protest, looking at him with a serious face, still standing near him. 

 

“Sorry Boss... I’m staying, and we are going to finish this report together... I’m not leaving...” 

 

Yunho sighed in defeat, seeing the other put his glasses on, laying his laptop on his lap, starting it, ignoring him.  

  

“Are you sure, Jaejoong-ah?... You still look pale” 

 

Yunho asked with gentle concerned voice, palming the pale forehead with his hand. 

 

“I-I-I... ye-yes... yes!” 

 

Jaejoong stuttered feeling the warm hand on his face, looking up to see Yunho standing near, leaning down towards him. 

 

‘Omg! My heart is going to explode... can he hear it!... I hope not... aish, so embarrassing...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought, his eyes widening as he felt his boss’s hand on his face, feeling his body shiver. 

 

‘This is dangerous, I need to get away... his touch is making my stomach bubble....’ 

 

He thought, turning his face away from his boss’s touch. 

 

“I-I... I’m ok!” 

 

“Fine... but promise me you will tell me if you feel sick or tired.... deal?” 

 

Yunho asked, retrieving his hand, feeling upset seeing the other avoid his touch, his body trembling. 

 

'Did I scare him?' 

 

He thought, going to his desk to give his assistant some space to calm down, as they started working. 

 

********* 

 

“What the hell! Yunho!?” 

 

Both Yunho and Jaejoong were startled by Jihye’s loud yell. 

 

“I can’t believe you are making Jaejoong-ssi work when he’s sick!” 

 

She kept rambling angrily at her brother, whom palmed his face, putting the takeaway food bags on the table, before turning to Jaejoong, her voice is back to the sweet husky tone. 

 

“Jaejoong-ssi... how are you feeling now?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at her and nodded, his hand caressing his daughter’s soft hair as she climbed the couch setting next to him, holding his side, burying her face in his chest. 

 

“I’m ok Jihye-ssi... thank you so much, and I’m sorry for the trouble...”  

 

“Not at all... I’m glad you are feeling well... now let me remove your IV fluid... it’s finished...” 

 

Jihye said, gently checking the fluid plastic bottle, palming Jaejoong’s arm where the fluid line in inserted, removing it from the canula in his arm. 

 

“There you go... I’ll keep the canula in your arm in case I needed to give you more fluid...” 

 

She smiled to him. 

  

“I’m ok now... thank you... really no need to trouble yourself” 

 

Jaejoong said with a smile, getting a “whatever” smile from the Jung lady, as she went to unwrap the food. 

 

“Let’s eat...” 

 

Yunho said, as he helped Jihye open the dishes she got for dinner. 

 

“I got you some ox tail soup... you should drink some... it will make you feel better...full of electrolytes” 

 

Jaejoong nodded thankfully to her... he wasn’t hungry, but he felt shy. 

 

“Melody... are you hungry?” 

 

Yunho asked the quiet girl, getting a nod only. 

 

“Melo-yah... you got lunch for us?? Thank you, baby!” 

 

Jaejoong whispered to his daughter meeting her eyes, knowing she is still scared that he fell sick. 

 

“Let’s eat together... ok?” 

 

Only a nod was given in reply, but she kept quiet sitting next to him. 

 

************ 

 

“Thank you Jihye-ssi, for you care and for looking after Melody today...” 

 

Jaejoong said bowing to her. 

 

“I didn’t do anything... I’m glad you feel better... and I’m happy I got to meet you and Melody...” 

 

Jihye smiled to him, crouching down to hug melody as they stood in the parking lot. 

 

“Are you sure you can drive home? Tell me if you are still tired, we’ll give you a ride and I’ll send someone to get you the car” 

 

Yunho said, his eyes meeting the other’s. 

 

“I’m alright, boss... don’t worry... thanks to you and to Jihye –ssi... I feel much better... and I’m really sorry for the trouble we caused today...” 

 

JAejoong said bowing his head. 

 

“Aniyaaa... don’t worry about it... just be careful, if you still feel tired after Christmas, just stay home and rest...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled and nodded to his boss gratefully. 

 

“And here is my number... if you feel weak or sick, just give me a call... I might still be a resident but I can help if you need...” 

 

Jihye said giving her number to Jaejoong. 

 

“It’s so nice of you, Jihye-ssi... It’s a real pleasure to meet you... thank you...” 

 

Jaejoong bowed to them saying his farewell, seeing his daughter wave goodbye to them as they rode the car and drove out. 

 

*************** 

 

 

“Such a nice guy... your assistant I mean...” 

 

Jihye said, smiling at her brother whom drove to the highway towards their parent’s house. 

 

“He is indeed... a smart and a hardworking man, too... I’m lucky to have him...” 

 

“hmmm” 

 

Jihye hummed nodding, smiling giddily. 

 

“You like him, don’t you?” 

 

“of course, I like him, he is a great assistant...” 

 

Yunho answered casually. 

 

“I know... but, I mean... you like him, like him?...” 

 

Yunho sighed, knowing what his sister is hinting. 

 

“Jihye-yah... he is my assistant... don’t make things up, please...” 

 

Jihye pouted knowing her brother won’t admit anything... she saw how he looked at Jaejoong... his worry, his care... Jaejoong has gotten Yunho’s attention that’s for sure. 

 

“Whatever... I know I’m right and you’ll see...” 

 

Yunho nodded tiredly to his sister, thinking about today’s events... He has noticed Jaejoong’s health and weight were not the best... and that made him worry... but what can he do?