Something is not right

Escape The Past

Something is not right

 

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

Yunho looked up from the multiple papers on his desk to see his assistant carrying a large bag of what looked like food containers. 

 

“Ah, lay them on the table and start eating, I need 10 minutes and I’ll be with you...” 

 

Yunho said looking back at the report in his hand. 

 

“I still have something in hand to do too, I’ll be back...” 

 

Jaejoong said without looking back, going back to his desk, resuming to type the report he was working on when the delivery called, thinking that he can get some work done until his boss calls him to eat. 

 

***************************************** 

 

Jaejoong sighed as he saved his work on his computer... Stretching his arms up muffling a yawn, looking up to see that it’s 6 pm. 

 

“Wah... time to go home...” 

 

Looking at his boss’s door, Yunho hasn’t left nor called him to have lunch... Not that he is complaining... he wasn’t hungry, however, knowing how nice his boss’s character is, it probably meant that he got caught up in work and didn’t eat either. 

 

“Yunho?” 

 

Jaejoong knocked on the door peeking inside Yunho’s office, to see him sitting still on his desk. 

 

‘He fell asleep?’ 

 

Jaejoong thought as his face fell, feeling guilty, seeing his boss laying his head on his arm asleep on his desk, his face looked pale and sweaty. 

 

‘Is he ok?’ 

 

He was worried seeing the other like that... he walked near him, palming his forehead. 

 

‘He doesn’t have a fever... that’s good’ 

 

Jaejoong thought, his eyes catching the painkiller strip next to him, missing a few pills. 

 

 ‘He must be in a lot of pain because of the burn’ 

 

“Yun- Yunho-ah...” 

 

Palming his boss’s shoulder, but the other just groaned. 

 

“Yunho-ah... wake up” 

 

Seeing his boss open his eyes as he shook his shoulder a little. 

 

“Are you ok? Does it hurt?" 

 

Jaejoong asked seeing the other sit up, looking groggy. 

 

“I-I’m ok... Wha-? Where am I?” 

 

Jaejoong didn’t buy it seeing the other look around tiredly, before sighing as he recognized his office. 

 

“What time is it, now?” 

 

Yunho looked up tiredly at him. 

 

“It passed 6 pm..." 

 

Jaejoong said seeing his boss nod to him weakly. 

 

“Why are you still here... go home... and take the food with you... you haven’t eaten today; you must be hungry..." 

 

Yunho said in a tired voice. 

 

“Are you sure?” 

 

“I’m leaving in a bit...” 

 

Yunho nodded to him, ushering for him to go, resting his head on his hands. 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Jaejoong left his boss’s office, carrying the food bags, he put them aside... tidying his desk, grabbing his things, waiting for his boss to come out... he couldn’t just leave knowing that Yunho isn’t feeling well. 

 

Seeing that it’s 7 pm and Yunho is still in his office, he began to get worried, wearing his coat, knocking on his boss’s door again, finding him asleep again on his desk. 

 

‘Something is not right' 

 

He thought in worry. 

 

“Yunho-ah... wake up..." 

 

He shook the other’s shoulder waking him up, hearing his groan, seeing him grimace in pain. 

 

“Yunho... are you ok?” 

 

“Jaejoong?" 

 

Yunho asked sitting up slowly. 

 

“Why are you still here? You should go home, it’s late..." 

  

He mumbled tiredly. 

 

“Are you serious? Forget it... Can you stand up? Walk?” 

 

Jaejoong asked getting a faint nod from Yunho seeing him stand up, but he swayed a little before steadying himself. 

 

“You aren’t driving home..."   

 

Jaejoong said alarmed by the other’s weakness, walking to his boss’s uninjured side, holding his arm over his shoulder supporting him, helping him put his coat on as they walked out of the office. 

 

“I’m ok, Jaejoong... go home... your daughter is waiting..." 

 

Yunho said trying to stand up straight pushing the other as they settled in the elevators. 

 

“Not today boss, I’m taking you to the hospital..." 

 

Jaejoong said firmly supporting his boss. 

 

“Non sense, I’m not going to the hospital...” 

 

“But, Yunho... You can barely stand up!” 

 

“I’m just tired... no hospital... please...” 

 

Yunho said swaying as he tried to walk out of the elevator on his own. 

 

“Careful!" 

 

Jaejoong yelled supporting his boss’s weight again. 

 

“Jaejoong-ssi, Yunho-ssi..." 

 

“Changsu-ssi! Yunho-ssi isn’t feeling well... Help me get him to the car please...” 

 

The security guard rushed to them helping Jaejoong taking their boss to his car. 

 

“Shall I call an ambulance...” 

 

Changsu asked looking concerned seeing how their boss laid weakly in the passenger seat of Jaejoong’s car. 

 

 “No... hospital..." 

 

Yunho mumbled aware of their talk, yet he looked so weak to even open his eyes. 

 

“He keeps refusing to go to the hospital..." 

 

Jaejoong said anxiously thinking of what should he do. 

 

“What then?" 

 

Changsu asked frowning, not liking that his boss is ill. 

 

“Give me a minute...”