Today is a good day

Escape The Past

 

Today is a good day

 

 

 

 

 

“Good morning” 

 

“Good morning Jaejoong-ah! Where is melody?” 

 

Yunho replied seeing the other enter his office with his morning coffee, looking behind him. 

 

“Oh... I left her with my neighbor... She offered to look after her while I’m at work...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling uneasily, seeing the disappointed look in his boss’s eyes. 

 

“Too bad...” 

 

“Huh?” 

 

Jaejoong looked puzzled, putting the coffee tray down, seeing his boss’s face... embarrassed? 

 

“Actually... I got her this...” 

 

Jaejoong gasped seeing Yunho pull a large barbie doll box, from behind his desk. 

 

“I was hoping to give it to her...” 

 

“B-but... why?” 

 

Jaejoong was still shocked, his mind was going frenzy thinking of why would his boss get Melody a gift, what does he want?! 

 

“What do you mean why?” 

 

Yunho asked looking at his secretary, who was anxious eyeing the doll’s box in panic. 

 

“It’s Christmas eve tomorrow... That’s why... also, I felt bad that she spent yesterday at the office, she must have been bored...” 

 

 “D-deh?” 

 

Jaejoong looked at his boss confused feeling his body relax a little. 

 

‘Oh, Christmas... right... I thought... I thought... God... I should sto-’ 

 

“Jaejoong?” 

 

“D-deh!” 

 

Jaejoong met his boss’s eyes, which was looking at him in concern. 

 

“Are you alright?” 

 

“Y-yes...” 

 

“Do you have a problem with me giving Melody a Christmas present? If that’s the case, then you can tell her that you-”  

 

“No!” 

 

Yunho was cut by Jaejoong’s words. 

 

“It’s ok... it’s more than ok, actually... that is really nice of you, Yunho-ssi...” 

 

“Yunho... we are alone in the office...” 

 

Jaejoong looked up hearing his boss anxiously, before nodding. 

 

“Thank you... Yunho... she will love it...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling. 

 

“Why do I feel like you don’t like it?” 

 

“What?” 

 

Jaejoong looked at the other surprised, his uneasiness must have shown on his face. 

 

“I-I-It not that...” 

 

He sighed, looking at his boss with a gentle smile. 

 

“It’s just... I didn’t expect you to get a present for my daughter... no one ever did... except for Changmin... I was surprised that I didn’t know what to say... so... I’m sorry if I sounded ungrateful... It’s the opposite actually... Thank you... Yunho...”   

  

Yunho felt his heart pick up a beat, seeing the other look at him with a sweet smile, making his mouth dry. 

 

“Um... it is alright... all employees here get Christmas presents...” 

 

“But, Melody is not an employee...” 

 

Jaejoong said chuckling at his boss who smiled at him, it was the first time he sees Yunho anxious... he didn’t know why, but he looked cute. 

 

“I’m aware of that... Melody got her present from Yunho Samchun not from Yunho the boss... however...” 

 

Hearing that, Jaejoong swallowed hard feeling uneasy again. 

 

“You... get a Christmas present from Yunho the boss and a bonus for working over the holidays....” 

 

Yunho said handing the other a small box and an envelope. 

 

“You... you didn’t have to... I-” 

 

“Go ahead” 

 

Jaejoong walked near his boss’s desk, biting is lip... picking up the box first, opening it. 

 

“Yu-Yunho... this is too much... I- I- I can’t accept this...” 

 

Yunho looked at the other man in distress, holding the golden necklace. 

 

“It would look good on you, besides... it’s a Melody necklace...” 

 

Jaejoong looked up wide eyes, he wasn’t expecting his boss to get him a present, let alone a golden necklace. 

 

“I... I... This is t-too much for me...” 

 

Rinhoo gold musical note Pendant necklace Fashion with card music note  Necklace 2019 New jewelry For friend women gift necklace|Pendant Necklaces|  - AliExpress 

 

“It is not much really, Jaejoong-ah... I didn’t know what to get you, to be honest... Junsu used to tell me what he wants, we’ve met a few months ago and the one thing that I know about you is that your daughter is your everything... hense, the Melody necklace...” 

 

Jaejoong was still looking at the other stunned. 

 

‘So, this is not personal... Junsu used to get such gifts... well... if that’s the case I shouldn’t overthink it... yet... it’s so sweet of him to think of such gift...’ 

 

“May I?” 

 

Yunho asked seeing the other look at him in question, moving towards him, picking the necklace up, putting it around the pale neck. 

 

“Oh... I...” 

 

Jaejoong froze feeling the other stand close to him, securing the necklace with music note sign around his neck, feeling his body tremble smelling the other’s perfume. 

 

 

“Th-thank you, b-boss... it is nice...” 

 

“I’m glad you like it...” 

 

Yunho said smiling, his chest tightening feeling the other tremble when he is near, thinking he was scared of him. 

 

“This is your bonus, since you know, we will be working through Christmas and winter holiday this year... and I’m sorry about that...” 

 

“It’s alright... I don’t mind...” 

 

Jaejoong said opening the envelope, to find a cheque of 3000$. 

 

“Th-three thousand?!” 

 

Jaejoong whispered in shock. 

 

“I told you that I give the best for my employees... and you have been working hard in the past few months... not to mention, that working hours on holidays are doubled... and I thought I’d give it to you now... since it’s the holidays...” 

 

“I...” 

 

Jaejoong stuttered, his head is filled with one thought. 

 

‘If I paid Mr Kang the whole 3000, I will have around 3000 left... and then I’ll be able to pay him in 2 or 3 months.... and I will be free... I will be free.... free’ 

 

“JAejoong!” 

 

Jaejoong woke up from his daydream, hearing his boss call his name, looking up finding him standing right in front of him. 

 

“Are you alright? Why are you crying?” 

 

 Yunho asked looking worried, his hands near the pale face, yet scared to touch him or scare him. 

 

“I... I...” 

 

Jaejoong stuttered. 

 

‘Crying?...’ 

 

He thought wiping his face, feeling it wet. 

 

‘I cried...?’ 

 

Jaejoong sighed and looked up to his boss. 

 

“I’m sorry... I didn’t know I teared up...” 

 

“Are you sure, you are ok?” 

 

Jaejoong felt his heart pick up a beat seeing his boss asking worriedly. 

 

“I’m more than ok... I...” 

 

Smiling wide to the other. 

 

“I am grateful... this is the first time I’ve been treated this kindly... you are a great boss, Yunho-ah... really...” 

 

‘Woah... his smile is gorgeous... God! I want to take him in my arms...’ 

 

Yunho thought, swallowing hard, holding it inside, lowering his arms, not wanting to scare the other, his heart beating fast. 

 

“I...I’m glad you feel that way... you are hardworking, and you deserve it” 

 

Jaejoong thanked him again bowing to him, before excusing himself out. 

 

“Today is a good day...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling wide, holding the necklace around his neck thinking of his daughter, of their future ahead without debts... giggling to himself, wiping his wet eyes before he started working... oblivious to his boss watching him through the slightly open door. 

 

‘I made him happy...’ 

 

Yunho thought, smiling to himself. 

 

‘I’ll work on seeing this smile all the time... that’s a promise... Jaejoong-ah...’