Are you selling your body?

Escape The Past

 

Are you selling your body?

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

“I’ll do the dishes, since you cooked... it’s only fair...” 

 

“No, you don’t have to... please...” 

 

“But..” 

 

“You two.... Out... me and melody will do them...” 

 

Minyoung’s voice interrupted them, seeing her with the rubber gloves on, melody by her side nodding. 

 

“You both came from work, and you also made food... you must be tired... so we will take it from here... go sit in the living room...”  

 

Nodding to her, they left the kitchen, the paler man smiling seeing Melody stand on a chair helping his neighbor with the dishes., like she helps him. 

 

***************** 

 

“Taecyeon-ssi...” 

 

“Call me hyung... I think we passed the formalities now... you are my wife’s new best friend... she talks about you and melody all the time... I’m glad she is opening up... it was hard for her to move here from our hometown, away from family and friends...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded and smiled at him as they sat down in the living room. 

 

“I’m happy that I got to meet both of you... and thank you so much for your help... Hyung... and please call me Jaejoong or Jae...” 

 

Nodding to the paler man, smiling. 

 

“So? Working on holidays?” 

 

“Yeah... we had a busy month with new projects and my boss said we would work through the winter holiday this year...” 

 

“That’s tough... I hope he is giving you a bonus in return...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled wide, nodding at the other. 

 

“He is a great boss, he gave me a hefty bonus today in advance... and I was planning to... call you...” 

 

“You want to pay the loan shark?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded. 

 

“I felt so happy when he gave me that cheque today... I can give it all to them... and hopefully by I’d have two or three payments left...”  

 

Taecyeon nodded. 

 

“That’s good to hear... did you contact them?” 

 

“Not yet... I was... scared... I wanted to make sure, you or Changmin are around... I can’t risk facing them alone again... they won’t let it go this time...” 

 

Taecyeon nodded to him, his face gotten more serious. 

 

“Did you call Changmin-ssi...” 

 

“No... he is spending Christmas with his Grandmother in Gwangju...” 

 

Nodding again, Taecyeon looked at the other in the eye. 

 

“Call the loan shark... let’s get it done with today ...” 

 

“But I didn’t get the cheque cashed yet... I wasn’t expecting to see you today... Minyoung-ah told me you were working on a difficult case... so I assumed you were... busy” 

 

Jaejoong said anxiously. 

 

“True, we solved the case this morning... it was a tough one... and I have the next few days off... so how about you call them, and we go cash it now...” 

 

“Now?” 

 

“Yeah... Minyoung and I are leaving tomorrow to our hometown, to spend Christmas with our families... you are welcome to come if you like, my parents would love having you and melody over...” 

 

“Thank you Hyung... I’d love that, but I’ll be working through it all... so maybe next year?” 

 

Taecyeon nodded to him with a smile. 

 

“So... let’s get it done... you’re ok with that?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him. 

 

“Min-ah... Jaejoong and I will go out for a bit and we will be back soon... can you look after Melody?” 

 

“Yeah sure!” 

 

His wife smiled and nodded to him drying her hands and Melody’s. 

 

“Umma! Can I go with you?!” 

 

Melody ran to her mother. 

 

“I’m sorry honey, I need to go with Tae Samchun... we won’t be late...” 

 

Melody pouted at her mother. 

 

“What’s your favorite cake?” 

 

The tanned man asked. 

 

“Chocolate...” 

 

“Oh! Mine too! Then we will get a large Chocolate cake on our way back...” 

 

“You will?” 

 

Taecyeon chuckled nodding at the little girl ruffling her hair gently, getting a nod from her mother, whom wore his jacket. 

 

“You said Umma wins because she makes dessert... so go tell emo (aunt) that we are out to get the cake, we won’t be late...ok?” 

 

“OK!!! Emo (Aunt) Minmin... you like chocolate cake?!!!!” 

 

Melody dashed back to the kitchen, as they left the apartment. 

 

************** 

 

“Call him...” 

 

Taecyeon said as soon as they got back from the bank, entering Jaejoong’s apartment. 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded, calling Mr Kang, seeing Taecyeon hold his phone pressing the loudspeaker button, making him swallow hard, biting his tongue knowing the loan shark would speak inappropriately to him. 

 

“Jaejoong-aaah... you must have missed me, that you called me this soon, hm?” 

 

“H-Hello Kang-ssi...” 

 

“Ukhhh... It’s always good to hear your voice... makes me ...” 

 

Closing his eyes, grabbing the phone hard... Jaejoong looked up, his eyes meeting the taller man, who clenched his jaw unpleased by what is said... Looking away in shame... the shorter man hated that Taecyeon must hear how he is talked to...however, he can’t do anything but ignore what said like usual. 

 

“I called to tell you, that I have a payment ready...” 

 

“So soon?... how much?” 

 

“Three thousand dollars...” 

 

Jaejoong swallowed hard, as the loan shark went silent. 

 

“That much in such a short time... tell me, Jaejoong-ah.... how exactly are you getting this money? Are you selling your body?” 

 

“N-no... of course not... I work in a firm...” 

 

Jaejoong said stuttering, looking at his neighbor.  

 

“You don’t get that much money in such a short time, working in a firm... be honest with me... you know I won’t be happy if you are using your body to get paid...” 

 

“I would never!! I’m working overtime... and I’ll be working the whole winter holiday and I was paid in advance...” 

 

Jaejoong replied anxiously, his hands shaking... feeling Taeyeon’s hand on his shoulder, asking him to calm down. 

 

“Ok... I believe you... for now... and remember... your body is mine until now... and if I find out that you have been ing around... I will not keep our deal...” 

 

Jaejoong felt his chest clench... he hated talking to those damned gang... he is terrified of them. 

  

“I’ll consider your silence an agreement... I’ll send my men... get the money ready...” 

 

Kang Jisub said before hanging up the phone. 

 

“God...” 

 

Jaejoong sighed, dropping into the nearest couch, shaking. 

 

“You did well...” 

 

Taecyeon said, palming the other’s back noticing his body trembling. 

 

“I-I-I'm sorry... h-he always t-talk to me l-like I’m his thing... his s-slave... He scares me...” 

 

“Hey... you are safe... I won’t let anyone hurt you... I promise...” 

 

“I’m ok...” 

 

Jaejoong said, his hands trembling, feeling like he is losing it. 

 

“Everything is going to be fine... we won’t leave you... just take a deep breath... one minute...” 

 

Taecyeon said before, his phone rang. 

 

“Yoboseyo... aha... good... yes.... let me know if anyone entered the building... yes... thank you...” 

 

He met Taecyeon’s eyes seeing him hang up the phone and smile to him. 

 

“A couple of officers are parking near the entrance... they will alert me if anyone enters the building... so how about we go have some cake with your kid... she must be waiting for it...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him, following him quietly.