The cutest couple I’ve ever seen

Escape The Past

The cutest couple I’ve ever seen

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey, Jaejoong oppa... how was your day at work?” 

 

Minyoung opened her door to find Jaejoong standing there. 

 

“It was great... I’m sorry I’m late... I hope melody didn’t give you any trouble...” 

 

“On the contrary... she is an angel... come in...” 

 

Jaejoong entered, taking off his shoes, smelling something delicious. 

 

“Melody is taking a nap... we played and jumped all day... she fell asleep an hour ago” 

 

Minyoung said seeing the other looking around. 

 

“Oh, is that so... thank you so much Min-ah” 

 

“Don’t mention it... I had a great time, Melody is a sweetheart... come in...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled to her, taking off his shoes following her into the kitchen. 

 

“Oh, hello Jaejoong-ssi...” 

 

Jaejoong was surprised to see Taecyeon wearing an apron, holding a large pan of sizzling food, waving at him with a smile. 

 

“Oh! Hello Taecyeon-ssi...” 

 

Jaejoong bowed to him, not expecting to see him home nor cooking. 

 

“Take off your jacket and have a seat, oppa... I’ll go wake Melody up... so we can have dinner together...” 

 

Minyoung said pouring a glass of cold juice for Jaejoong, before walking out. 

 

“I really don’t want to trouble you more than I already did...” 

 

“No trouble at all, Jaejoong-ssi... we are happy to have you... besides, I promised Melody to taste my cooking... she will be the judge who cooks better between us” 

 

Taecyeon said chuckling before winking at the other, making him smile. 

 

“Yup... sounds like something Melody would say...” 

 

Taking off his blazer, Jaejoong rolled his sleeves up, walking towards the other, asking what to do to help, seeing a few containers aside. 

 

“You don’t have to...” 

 

“Please... I’d feel at ease if I could help...” 

 

Jaejoong said getting a smile and a nod from his neighbor who was skillfully flipping the food in the pan. 

 

“You can prepare the side dishes... if you like...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded and smiled to him, asking where the dishes were. 

 

“Oh... he put you to work... Tae! Let Jae oppa rest...” 

 

Minyong said entering the kitchen holding Melody’s hand, while her other tiny hand was rubbing her eyes sleepily. 

 

“Why? He had to step up and do your work because you are slow...” 

 

Taecyeon said with a dramatic tone. 

 

“Yah!” 

 

His wife yelled, her cheeks blushing seeing Jaejoong smiling at her apologizing. 

 

“You and Melody look about the same age... no... I even trust Melody in the kitchen more than I trust you...” 

 

The tallest man said chuckling as he poured what’s in the pan into a large bowl, carrying it to the table. 

 

“Tae! Jugeullae?! (Do you wanna die?)” 

 

Minyoung yelled showing her fist, her cheeks blushing hard. 

 

“As if you can do anything...” 

 

He said waving with his hand at her carelessly. 

 

“Yah!” 

 

Minyoung said jumping at her husband, holding his neck in her elbow. 

 

“You think you are better... it’s the only dish you know how to cook! I’ve been eating fajita every time you enter the kitchen.” 

 

“Maybe you should learn how to cook... so you would stop forcing me to feed you fajita!” 

 

Taecyeon said, slipping off his wife’s hold, holding her face in his hands. 

 

“Aigooo... my wifey is angry... look at those red cheeks, aigooo!” 

 

Jaejoong stood next to the table, holding melody in his arms as she went to him seeing the couple bickering, both looking at them with wide eyes. 

 

“You are mean... Oppa!” 

 

Minyoung pouted, looking away from her husband to see Jaejoong and his daughter looking at them confused. 

 

“Oh...” 

 

She gasped before she started laughing, seeing her husband blush, finally remembering their guests. 

 

“Sorry, Jaejoong-ssi... We know each other since kinder garden... and we tease each other all the time.... so, we were not fighting... this is our normal...” 

 

Taecyeon said scratching his head chuckling embarrassedly to be seen like that. 

 

“Hehehehehehehe... you are funny...” 

 

Melody started giggling seeing Minyoung laughing. 

 

“We are? Hehehehe” 

 

Taecyeon said smiling, getting a sweet smile from the paler man, whom felt at ease after seeing the other two so casually. 

 

“I’d say... you are the cutest couple, I’ve ever seen...” 

 

Hearing their neighbor, the married couple blushed hard. 

 

“Th-thank you, Jaejoong-ssi.... ehhhm... Let’s eat!”  

 

******* 

 

“So, What do you think, princess? Who is the winner? Me or your Umma?” 

 

Taecyeon asked melody as they finished eating. 

 

“Hmmmnn” 

 

Melody put her hand on her chin, making a thinking face, her tongue peeking out of her lips, making them smile. 

 

“This was really good.... But! Umma wins!” 

 

“Really? So, your Umma’s food is better than mine?” 

 

The tanned man said with a pout, getting a nod from the little girl and his wife. 

 

“Umma always makes dessert too... so, Umma wins!” 

 

“You sneaky girl... you didn’t say anything about making a dessert...” 

 

Melody laughed at the other who tickled her. 

 

“So Jaejoong-ssi... you win!” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled nodding his head 

 

“This little monster thinks that by picking me, she guaranteed more food and sweets when we get home...” 

 

“I’m sure it’s not true, this little minion here is a big fan too...” 

 

Taecyeon said poking his wife’s cheek, who nodded with a big smile. 

 

“Then how about next time, I’ll cook for you... as a thank you for taking care of Melody...” 

 

“Yes!/No!” 

 

The couple said differently at the same time, making Jaejoong chuckle. 

 

“No, I mean... you don’t have to trouble yourself... really” 

 

Taecyeon said nudging his wife who was pouting as she wants to eat at her neighbor’s. 

 

“Yeah... I agree... though I would love to eat your food...” 

 

Taecyeon sighed at is wife, making the paler man chuckle. 

 

“I’d be happy to have you...” 

 

Jaejoong said, standing up, taking the empty dishes to the sink. 

 

“What are you doing, Jaejoong-ssi?” 

 

Taecyeon followed him taking the dishes off his hands. 

 

“I’ll do the dishes, since you cooked... it’s only fair...” 

 

“No, you don’t have to... please...” 

 

“But..” 

 

“You two.... Out... me and melody will do them...” 

 

Minyoung’s voice interrupted them, seeing her with the rubber gloves on, melody by her side nodding. 

 

“You both came from work, and you also made food... you must be tired... so we will take it from here... go sit in the living room...”  

 

Nodding to her, they left the kitchen, the paler man smiling seeing Melody stand on a chair helping his neighbor with the dishes., like she helps him.