Welcome Aboard

Escape The Past

Chapter Seven

Welcome aboard

 

 

 

Previously:

 

“Hehehehe, Silly Ummaa! I love your pie but I can’t eat all of it!” 

 

“Oh yeah... Silly me...” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled hearing his daughter’s answer. 

 

Melody giggled happily watching her Umma slice another piece for her and her uncle Minmin. 

 

************** 

 

Jaejoong woke up feeling energetic and hopeful stretching his back smiling wide. 

 

“Today is a new beginning...” 

 

He whispered happily getting into the shower thinking how his new work would change everything... with such salary he can get out of his debts in no time and maybe get a new bigger house with a backyard for Melody. 

 

“Ummaaa...” 

 

Jaejoong got out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist

 

“I’m here baby” 

 

Melody ran to him when he opened his arms for her. 

 

“Good morning baby.... did you have a good sleep?” 

 

Melody nodded laying her head on her umma’s shoulder still sleepy. 

 

“Umma... You smell good...” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled feeling his daughter smelling his wet hair. 

 

“It’s your vanilla shampoo... I used some so I can smell good like my little Melody!” 

 

Melody giggled hearing what her mother said. 

 

“I love you umma!” 

 

“aww I love you more baby... are you hungry?” 

 

“Yes!!!” 

 

Melody lifted her head up looking at her mother with puppy eyes. 

 

“What do you want for breakfast?” 

 

He asked seeing the look that means his daughter is craving something. 

 

“Toast!” 

 

“Just a plain toast?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled knowing his daughter was eyeing the chocolate spread that Changmin got her yesterday. 

 

“Of course not! I want chocolate toast!” 

 

“Hehehehe, you got it baby... but first you have to wash up!” 

 

“Yaaaay!” 

 

Melody cheered as her mother carried her to the bathroom to wash up before they get dressed and have their grand chocolaty breakfast. 

 

******** 

 

Jaejoong was in the Jung Building hall around 9 o’clock, ready to for his first day... seeing Junsu walk to the elevators smiling happily, he followed him. 

 

”Good morning Junsu-shi" 

 

“Oh! Jaejoong-shi! Good morning! And welcome to our company!!” 

 

Junsu answered with a huge smile walking with the new employee to the elevators. 

 

“Thank you! Please take care of me!” 

 

Jaejoong bowed his head before they entered the elevator. 

 

“Nervous?” 

 

Junsu asked seeing the other’s shaky hands. 

 

“A little....” 

 

Jaejoong smiled before he chuckled and said: 

 

“Actually, I’m so nervous! My last job was nothing compared to this... I hope I can manage here...” 

 

“You will do great, don’t worry!” 

 

Junsu said with a cute laugh before leaning a little towards the other like he is about to tell him a secret. 

 

“I’m not supposed to say this, but a lot were interviewed for this job yesterday and to be honest some had better qualifications than yours... but Yunho chose you, which means you are the best!!” 

 

Junsu said with a big smile hoping to lift the other’s spirits not knowing that it did the opposite. 

 

“You don’t call him just Yunho in his presence? Right?” 

 

Jaejoong asked wondering how close Junsu and his boss are. 

 

“Oh of course I do... you will get to know him better and see how different he is from the cold image he gives... I call him with his first name when we are alone... but in front of clients and other workers he is Yunho-shi or Mr. Jung... and same goes to him...” 

 

“Alright..." 

 

“He is a great boss, trust me... if he wasn’t, I wouldn’t have stayed for 7 years here...” 

 

“Um... Junsu-shi...” 

 

“Just call me Junsu, we are the same age...” 

 

Junsu gave him one of his smiles as the elevator ringed that they reached their floor 

 

“Um... Junsu... how old is he?” 

 

“He turned 31 this year... he was given the responsibility of the company 8 years ago after he finished his studies... and his father retired after seeing how qualified his son is to take his place” 

 

Junsu said as they entered the office. 

 

“Water turns into gold in his hands... No one can deny how smart and sharp he is... he is a hard worker... I haven’t seen anyone who works as hard as him... he deserves all this success” 

 

Junsu said as he put his bag on his disk. 

 

“Thank you for the morning compliments Junsu...” 

 

Yunho’s voice appeared through the intercom startling the new emplyee. 

 

“You shouldn’t be spying on others hyung or your ears may catch on fire!” 

 

Jaejoong looked surprised at what Junsu said while laughing. 

 

“I wasn’t spying... I guess the maid pressed the intercom button while cleaning... I could hear your squeaky voice since you came out of the elevator...” 

 

“Yeah yeah yeah... You just can’t wait to hear my beautiful voice that’s why you pressed the intercom... admit it...” 

 

Junsu said winking at Jaejoong who was still surprised by Junsu’s blunt replies. 

 

“Alright alright... whatever suits you Junsu-ya.... I understand that Jaejoong-shi is there with you, Junsu?” 

 

“Yes he is...” 

 

Junsu answered smiling at the nervous pale man. 

 

“Let him come in for a bit before you fill his head with work... and the morning coffee whenever you’re ready... please?” 

 

Junsu nodded to Jaejoong to go into Yunho’s office. 

 

“He’s coming...” 

 

Junsu said watching the other take of his coat hanging it, fixing his hair before taking a deep breath knocking his new boss’s door. 

 

“Good morning Yunho-shi...” 

 

Jaejoong entered bowing lightly before walking inside the office. 

 

“Good morning... I’m glad you didn’t change your mind...” 

 

Jaejoong held the hem of his blazer feeling his heart beat crazily seeing thie man again. 

 

“Change my mind? I told you I’ll be here...” 

 

Jaejoong said softly making the other smile. 

 

“I’m glad you are up to your words.... And you are on time...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded stiffly 

 

“That’s great Jaejoong-shi... Because it means we will work well together”. 

 

Yunho said standing up from his chair making the other flinch a little. 

 

“Your car will be delivered this afternoon, so you can check it and see if anything is missing” 

 

Yunho said seeing how the other flinched. 

 

“Thank you” 

 

Jaejoong said trying hard to calm his nervousness. 

 

“I hope your daughter likes the car color...” 

 

“I think she will... thank you Yunho-shi” 

 

Jaejoong said bowing his head avoiding eye contact making the other frown. 

 

“Well, Jaejoong-shi... in these coming weeks you will learn how this office work...” 

 

Yunho said sitting back down figuring it may help the other calm his nervousness. 

 

“Sit down Jaejoong-shi... Because there are some rules we have to set for us to work together...” 

 

Jaejoong looked up meeting the sharp eyes before nodding and walking to the chair at the desk to sit. 

 

“As I said Yesterday... I expect everyone close to me to be fully loyal.... as you will be exposed to many secret information and deals about this company and about my personal life... And I expect you to be careful what you share about me or work to anyone...” 

  

Jaejoong nodded swallowing hard as his eyes met his boss’s making his body tingle seeing the other’s strong gaze on him. 

 

“Of course, Yunho-shi” 

 

Jaejoong said faintly. 

 

“Yunho...” 

 

“Deh?” 

 

Jaejoong looked up confused. 

 

“Something else you need to know is that the formalities end at that door...” 

 

Yunho said pointing to his office door. 

 

“I’ll call you with your first name and you’ll call me with mine when we are alone in this office, otherwise we’ll be using Jaejoong-shi and Yunho-shi in front of others... understood?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded again feeling his heart beat hard thinking about calling his boss casually like that. 

 

“Jaejoong....” 

 

‘Damn! This is a mistake...’ 

 

Jaejoong panicked thinking before he answered. 

 

“D-d-deh....” 

 

Jaejoong hands trembled hearing his name from the other. 

 

“You are my eyes and ears in this company and out... I need you to be open and alert giving me your opinion on everything that happens...” 

 

“Even if my opinion disagrees with yours...?” 

 

Jaejoong asked softly looking with his big eyes at His boss who laughed hearing his answer. 

 

“Jaejoong-ah... I don’t need another  up employee... I need your honest opinion even if It doesn’t go with mine, but I expect it to be built on knowledge and understanding of the situation...” 

 

“Um... can I remind you with what you said in the future?” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling trying to calm his nerves making the other smile wide at him making his hands tremble more. 

 

“Oh, I have a feeling that you will....” 

 

Yunho said chuckling softly before he stood up. 

 

“Observe more, say less and be alert....” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to his boss standing up from his seat. 

 

“And welcome aboard kim Jaejoong” 

 

Yunho said with a gentle smile pulling his hand up to shake the other’s. 

 

“Thank you Yunho-shi... I’ll do my best!” 

 

Jaejoong said shaking the other’s hand bowing his head trying to calm his raging heart feeling the hard-warm hand engulf his. 

 

“Ah ah aah!” 

 

Yunho said making the other look up wondering what he did wrong. 

 

“It’s Yunho... call me Yunho when you are here...” 

 

Jaejoong’s cheeks blushed as he bowed again saying  

 

“Thank you... Yunho...”    

 

Before he turned and walked out of the office avoiding eye contact. 

 

“Cute...” 

 

Yunho said as the other disappeared behind his office door. 

 

“It’s going to be interesting... working with you... Kim Jaejoong...” 

 

Yunho couldn’t help but smile to himself as he sat back down to start his work.