The Interview Pt2

Escape The Past

Chapter Three 

The Interview Pt2

 

 

 

Previously:

 

"Does it bother you to talk about it?" 

 

Jaejoong nodded, it's safer to think so than to know that his nervousness is because of his attraction to this man. 

 

********************* 

 

"I hope you understand Jaejoong-ssi, that I have to ask about such details, as I'm concerned if you got any arrangements for your daughter in case you needed to work late or to be away for a couple of days." 

 

"Yes I do Yunho-ssi." 

 

Jaejoong said in a calm voice his eyes showing his appreciation for his concern about this matter. 

 

"The school Melody goes to has evening activities were the kids can spend time until 6 pm to help working parents and if I couldn't pick her up, a very close friend of mine can do and he can take care of Melody as long as I need to be away from home..." 

 

"What a great friend you have..." 

 

Yunho smiled but Jaejoong looked sharply at him sensing some sarcasm in his words. 

 

"Yes he is, Changmin is an amazing friend and I'm so lucky to have him..." 

 

Yunho nodded still smiling. 

 

"Don't you have any relatives?" 

 

"No... My husband was a lonely child and his parents passed away 4 years ago" 

 

"And your family?" 

 

Jaejoong looked at him in confusion wondering what's that has to do with the job. 

 

"I have none" 

 

"no one at all?" 

 

Yunho looked surprised knowing he is a loner, but he couldn’t blame him.   

 

"I was an orphan as long as I can remember, I was adopted once by an old loving lady but she passed away a couple of years later and I was put back in an orphanage again... but It didn't matter because it made me who I am today..." 

 

Jaejoong watched how gracefully the other leaned back on the chair again with his eyes still on him. 

 

"I understand..." 

 

'huh... understand what exactly?' 

 

Jaejoong thought his eyes locked with the sharp ones. 

 

"hmm.. And after your husband's death you worked in Gojang company, right? Which announced bankruptcy a few weeks ago..." 

 

"Yes... and that's what made me apply to your company as soon as I saw the announcement." 

 

Yunho nodded and Jaejoong felt some relief when the sharp almond eyes left him and went back to the papers.  

 

"Han Sijung-ssi  really admires you, he wrote a very impressive recommendation letter for you." 

 

'Well I deserve it' 

 

Jaejoong thought recalling the long hours of work, the many times he was called to work even in weekends and his days off, but he couldn't complain as the money was good and the place was near melody's school. 

 

Jaejoong looked up to realize that the sharp eyes was back on him watching him closely apparently waiting for an answer. 

 

"It was a small friendly company..." 

 

Yuhno's eyes flashed showing a new tough face as his voice became sharper: 

 

"Our company is not a small friendly place, it will be a big step for you, do you think you can handle it Jaejoong-ssi?" 

 

Jaejoong felt the need to defend himself against the sudden attack. 

 

"I would have never applied for the job and waste your time and mine if I wasn't qualified to do it..." 

 

He breathed deep clenching his hands again feeling more distressed as the other looked at him sharply apparently not liking his tone, he knew his face is blushing since he was angry. 

 

Junsu chose this moment to knock and enter with a tray in his hands and Jaejoong was thankful for this inturruption. 

 

"Thank you Junsu-ssi" 

 

Yunho said taking his cup from the other who turned to stand next to Jaejoong with a bright smile giving him his cup, which made the pale man feel a little better. 

 

"Thank you Junsu-ssi" 

 

Junsu nodded to them, his smile shining before he walked out of the room. 

 

"Do you have a car Jaejoong-ssi?" 

 

"Huh?" 

 

Jaejoong was just about to take a sip of his coffee when the other asked suddenly. 

 

"Yes Jaejoong-ssi... a car" 

 

He felt his cheeks go red feeling embarrassed by the other's patient tone responding to his moment of stupidity. 

 

"ahhmm... no Yunho-ssi.. I don't have a car..." 

 

Jaejoong cleared his throat before he answered. 

 

"But I see you have a driving license.... are you a good driver?" 

 

"Yes I am.... Changmin has a car and he let me borrow it when I need" 

 

"Oh yeah... The super Changmin-ssi" 

 

Jaejoong frowned not liking the way this man is making fun of his friend, he was about to say something when the other looked up meeting his eyes before saying: 

 

"If you got this job, a car will be put under your name, I hate to have my assistant late because he uses the public transportation." 

 

Jaejoong looked at him surprised, before his face sunk. 

 

'Is he telling me all of this so I know what I'm about to lose?' 

 

Jaejoong looked down letting himself drown in the feeling of defeat. 

 

"And you would have a set of clothes in your room in the office so you can use in case of meetings, dinners and other occasions..." 

 

Yunho said looking at the suit Jaejoong was wearing, making him feel uncomfortable and a little ashamed because his suit was nothing compared to this man's clothes or even to Junsu's. 

 

"You definitely would need a new set of clothes so you can use when needed." 

 

Jaejoong felt his face flushing in embarrassment knowing that Yunho just pointed out that his clothing are old and doesn't fit the status of this company... how can he think of buying clothes when he barely has money to take care of himself and melody... He hasn't bought any clothes Since Kangin died, and it's because he couldn't afford it.      

 

"I... Understand" 

 

Jaejoong forced himself to say as he took a gallop of his coffee trying to control his rage, he hated how low he felt compared to this man, who probably doesn't know how other people lived in poverty and need, thinking of every move and every step they need to do... He himself spent the last two years lying in bed at night thinking of numbers, debts, bills and fees he has to pay. 

 

Living with Kangin and being his wife was what he thought is the dream of his life.... but his pregnancy was a surprise to both of them as neither thought it was possible, but it was only a miracle to him as kangin hated it and turned from the sweet talking gentle lover into a monster who blamed him and their child for his failure and stressful life. 

 

His marriage was disaster, but Kangin's death was a door opened to another hell, and still being young, in love and naive, he agreed to sign some papers when he got married to his husband that made him responsible for all his debts after he died... Which uncovered the truth and revealed the lies he lived with, Kangin was unemployed for years, he was fired from his job and the money he kept getting was only him borrowing money from almost everyone he knew which he still working hard to pay until now. 

The only person he and his kid had to turn for help was Changmin who was kind enough to forget the money Kangin took from him and help him find a job and small place to live.  

But the others were not as nice and forgiving as his friend, they all appeared in Kangin's funeral asking for their money and since then the debts are decreasing in a very slow rate.