Is Umma in trouble because of me?

Escape The Past

?Is Umma in trouble because of me

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Umma... Will I see Yunho Samchum?”

 

Melody asked holding her mother’s hand as they walked into the elevator. 

 

“Yes, there is a big chance that he will be here... but Melody... you should remember that this is where Umma works, so you should behave and keep quiet or Umma would get in trouble... ok?” 

 

Jaejoong said softly to his daughter whom nodded to him. 

 

“I promise, Umma... I won’t get you in trouble...” 

 

Smiling to his daughter, he looked up seeing that the elevator almost reached their floor... taking a deep breath hoping that having Melody with him wouldn’t cause any trouble, as the holiday started and Changmin has to go visit his grandmother for a few days, leaving him with no choice but take melody with him to work. 

 

“Come on, baby...” 

 

Jaejoong said entering his office, taking off his coat and scarf, helping his daughter take hers, before walking her to the small kitchen. 

 

“Your office is so big, Umma... it is so nice...” 

 

Melody said in a hushed voice, making her mother smile. 

 

“I’m glad you like my office... now, we need to make the morning coffee for Yunho-ssi... then we will go to his office and ask him for permission to let you stay here with me... ok?” 

 

Melody nodded to her mother, smiling that she will see Yunho Samchun. 

 

“Don’t forget baby, we shouldn’t be loud, or I’ll get in trouble... ok?” 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at his little girl who nodded and walked next to him to his boss’s office. 

 

“Come in...” 

 

Yunho’s voice was heard. 

 

“Good morning, I got your coffee...” 

 

Jaejoong said entering the office, Melody trailing behind him quietly, watching Yunho reading a paper with a serious face. 

 

“Thank you, Jaejoong... Good morning to you too...” 

 

Yunho said, looking up at his assistant, taking off his reading glasses. 

 

“Omo! Hello there!” 

 

Yunho chanted seeing the little girl standing next to her mother smiling to him quietly. 

 

“Good morning, Yunho Samchun...” 

 

Melody said in a hushed voice yet a huge smile. 

 

“Good morning to you too Miss Sunshine!” 

 

Yunho replied with the same hushed voice, ushering the little girl to come to him. 

 

“I’m sorry, Yunho, Changmin is out of town for a few days and I have no one to leave her with... I hope you don’t mind me bringing her with me to the office... I promise you won’t notice her presence... and I’m sorry for the inconvenience...” 

 

Yunho smiled at his bowing assistant, taking the little girl up to sit on his lap. 

 

“It’s fine, Jaejoong-ah... It’s somehow my fault to make you work on the holidays... besides, melody is always welcome here...” 

 

Jaejoong sighed and smiled in relief, seeing his boss ruffling his daughter’s hair, talking to her about the Christmas Holiday. 

 

“You did?! Wow!” 

 

“Yes! I played an angel in the school play, Mrs Choi said that I was the cutest angel on the stage!” 

 

Melody said happily, enjoying the other’s attention. 

 

“I’m sure you were! You are the prettiest girl I’ve ever seen... I wish I was there to see you...” 

 

Hearing his daughter's happy giggles, Jaejoong smiled, yet swallowing hard, feeling uneasy about these too being close... he expected his boss to be a little upset with him for bringing his daughter here without permission, that he wouldn’t give Melody that much attention. 

 

“Umma!, can you show Yunho Samchun my picture as an angel?” 

 

Melody asked loudly looking at her mother, whom looked surprised by the request, but his daughter misunderstood his surprise, palming , looking down, saying ‘Sorry’ in a low voice, making her mother hold his chuckle. 

 

“Here you go...” 

 

Giving his daughter, his cell phone that was given to him by the company, with Melody’s picture with white wings on its screen. 

 

“As I thought... you look fabulous!” 

 

Yunho said getting a happy nod from the little girl. 

 

“Baby, let’s go... We need to start working...” 

 

Jaejoong said looking at his boss with uneasiness, getting a small nod from him making him relax. 

 

“Deh, Umma...” 

 

“I’ll see you around, Melody...” 

 

Yunho said getting a happy nod from the little girl who stood silently next to her mother, watching how Yunho was talking serious, while her mother took notes on his notebook. 

 

********* 

  

“Ugh... My back...” 

 

Jaejoong stretched his arms, he has been on his computer for a few hours straight. 

 

Looking at the corner where his daughter was playing on the office couch, to find her asleep hugging her doll. 

 

‘Poor baby...’ 

 

He thought taking off his suit blazer, before putting it over her small body, fixing her sleeping position... he wasn’t aware that his boss was at the door watching him caress his daughter’s hair fondly, before turning to be startled by the other’s presence. 

 

“I’m sorry, I startled you... but I need to discuss something with you if you don’t mind...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him, getting his notebook following his boss to his office. 

 

******* 

 

“We should have an appointment with the Choi’s soon to get that deal processed... in 3 weeks maybe... the holidays would be over by then...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to the other, keeping notes of everything said. 

 

“Are there any notes, you’d like me to edit on the presentation I wrote for tomorrow’s meeting? I’ve just sent it to you...”  

 

Jaejoong said, getting a satisfied nod from his boss. 

 

“You worked hard, today, Jaejoong... I’ll check it, and let you know of any changes needed...” 

 

Getting an embarrassed nod from his assistant, whom stood up ready to leave. 

 

“Is there anything el-...” 

 

Jaejoong’s question was cut when they heard faint hits on the door. 

 

“Ummaaaaa!!” 

 

“Melody...” 

 

 Jaejoong walked to the office door followed by the other, to find the little girl with a teary face. 

 

“Melody?” 

 

Jaejoong called worriedly seeing his daughter’s state. 

 

“U-U-Ummaaa!!!!!!!!” 

 

Melody sobbed throwing herself into her mother, whom took her in his arms, hugging her tight. 

 

“I’m here, baby, I’m here... why are you crying?” 

 

Rocking the sobbing girl in his arms, as she clanged to him, refusing to let go. 

 

“Is she alright?”  

 

looking up meeting the worried almond eyes, he nodded to him. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

She called tightening her hug around his neck, he found no choice but carry her up in his arm. 

 

“Why is my precious girl crying? Hm?” 

 

Looking anxious, mouthing an apology to his boss, Jaejoong walked to his office, sitting on his chair knowing the other followed him apparently concerned. 

 

“I woke up, I couldn’t find you anywhere... I knocked on Yunho Samchun’s door but no one answered... I couldn’t open the door... I thought... I thought... you left without me...” 

 

Melody sobbed hugging her mother, whom bit his lip in distress... feeling his chest tightens... it wasn’t the first time, that Melody would freak out if she woke up and not find him around, meeting the other’s eyes who looked at him with a relieved smile. 

 

 

“Now, that is silly... I would never leave you, baby... you know I can’t live without my little pumpkin... hm?” 

 

Melody nodded still hugging him, refusing to let him go. 

 

“I’m sorry... She sometimes freaks out if she wakes up and not find me around... I’m really sorry” 

 

Yunho nodded to his assistant, smiling in understanding. 

 

“It’s alright... we discussed most of the things needed...and you worked hard today... it’s almost 2 pm... go home and enjoy the rest of your day... she might feel better... and I’ll get the rest of work done until tomorrow...” 

 

“Are you sure?  I can-” 

 

“Yes... Go...” 

 

Yunho said firmly nodding, turning to leave when Melody called him. 

 

“Yunho Samchun...” 

 

“Yes, dear?” 

 

“Is Umma in trouble because of me? I didn’t mean to cry loud... I’m sorry...” 

 

Yunho looked as surprised as the other, seeing the little girl giving him her best pout, making him chuckle. 

 

“Of course, not... Umma did a great job today... and you were super sweet and helpful too... that’s why I’ll let you go home early today...” 

 

“Chomal?” 

 

Melody asked smiling wide. 

 

“Deh... just promise me that you will be a brave girl and not cry if you didn’t find Umma... ok?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled gratefully to his boss, seeing how Melody nodded happily to him. 

 

“Samchun got to go work now... Enjoy your day!” 

 

Yunho waved at Melody, winking at Jaejoong before retreating to his office. 

 

“You are not in trouble” 

 

Jaejoong shook his head smiling to his daughter. 

 

“Then, I was a good girl today...” 

 

Nodding to his daughter. 

 

“You are the best, baby...” 

 

Jaejoong said caressing her cheeks seeing her smile wide to him. 

 

“So... are you hungry?” 

 

Jaejoong breathed deep before pinching his daughter’s cheeks gently, seeing her now chubbier face nod to him. 

 

“What would you like to eat?” 

 

“Pajeon!...” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled at his daughter’s squishy sounded reply. 

 

“What kind?” 

 

“Seafood...” 

 

“Ok... let’s go to the big market then...” 

 

“Really?” 

 

Melody said pushing his hand’s away smiling big. 

 

“Yes really... let’s go...” 

 

*********

Yunho smiled watching the mother daughter talk behind the slightly open office door, feeling his heart warm up more towards the other man and his little girl.