The Interview Pt1

Escape The Past

Chapter Two

The Interview Pt1

 

 

 

Previously:

 

"Mr. Jung is ready to see you Jaejoong-ssi..." 

 

Junsu called him into Mr. Jung's office where he know the answer to his question... he knew the job was never going to be his when his eyes met the same icy almond eyes from the down hall sitting in front of him. 

 

******************************************* 

 

"Kim Jaejoong-ssi" 

 

The deep stern voice said when their eyes met. 

 

Jaejoong felt his body shiver .... under those merciless eyes, he felt like a prey and there was his predator, who just stood up behind a huge fancy office desk blocking the sun rays that came from the huge windows behind, surrounding his form, making it looks shady hiding the man's features.. 

 

"Go ahead..." 

 

Junsu whispered gently patting him on the shoulder seeing how tense the other was. 

 

Jaejoong nodded nervously to Junsu before walking as steady as he can inside.... once he was near the office, his eyes were adjusted to the light and he could see the man behind the desk standing tall in front of him. 

 

'He is tall... really tall... didn't look that tall when i was sitting...' 

 

Jaejoong thought watching how the handsome sharp features lessened and softened as a smile appeared on the bow shaped lips, as he bowed his head slightly in respect. 

 

"kim Jaejoong-ssi... I'm Jung Yunho... It is a pleasure to meet you..." 

 

Jaejoong knew he needs to get a grip of himself... his voice would waver and he would probably stutter, that was the last thing he wants in front of this man. 

 

Taking a deep breath, he bowed his head back gently and smiled. 

 

"The pleasure is mine Jung-ssi" 

 

"Please, Have a seat..." 

 

Jaejoong sat slowly and gently afraid his knees would give out, they were shaking since the minute he entered this office... He admits that this man is very handsome, dangerously attractive as he sat across from him gracefully in his tailored suit which hugged his well-built body and wide shoulders, and his sharp handsome face showed no mercy which sent shivers down his back. 

 

"Jaejoong-ssi, are you aware that your name came up as one of the four final candidates for this job?" 

 

Jaejoong nodded before looking up finding the other reading from some papers on his desk. 

 

"Yes, I'm aware of it Jung-ssi..." 

 

He lifted his head and met the big doe eyes that were staring at him before giving a gentle smile asking with a dangerously slow voice: 

 

"And what do you think made me chose you out of the others?" 

 

Jaejoong knew how to answer the question... he prepared what he needed to say, but something in the tanned man's eyes and his voice showed him that the incident downstairs will not be easily forgotten. 

 

"That decision is in your hands Jung-ssi and I'm sure you took it after a long evaluation and consideration" 

 

Jaejoong could see from the sharp eyes that he wasn't expecting such answer, and was not fond of how he was answered in a cold manner. 

 

"Oh really?"  

 

Their eyes were locked in a cold staring war for a minute in which Jaejoong tried his best to look confident showing the man that he was not here to play and he was dead serious about the job. 

 

The beep of the button that was pressed by the tall man in front of him made the pale man look away, watching the long slim fingers tap on the machine gentling waiting. 

 

Jaejoong swallowed hard holding his hands togather,  looking at the machine knowing the sharp eyes are still watching him. 

 

'It's over' 

 

He thought letting out a breath closing his eyes gently as Junsu's calm voice appeared giving him an urge to run out and away from this office. 

 

"Yes Yunho-ssi?" 

 

  "Junsu-ssi... " 

 

"A cup of coffee for me and Jaejoong-ssi please" 

 

"Right away" 

 

Jaejoong's eyes went wide open, surprised by the other's order, he thought that this sharp man in front of him summoned Junsu so he can walk him out of the room as the interview is over and he lost his chance... Well he expected anything except ordering coffee for them. 

 

Yunho's eye twinkled seeing the pale nervous man look up to him with his big dear eyes, he can tell how nervous the other was and that he tried his best not to show it. 

 

"Or do you prefer tea?" 

 

Jaejoong swallowed again regaining his composure back. 

 

"I'd prefer coffee Yunho-ssi.. Thank you"  

 

"Then coffee it is...... Jaejoong-ssi" 

 

Yunho said spelling his name in a very gentle tone making his spine shiver, he couldn't look away from the tanned man who leaned back in his chair crossing his legs elegantly while his eyes were still watching him like a hawk. 

 

"So, Jaejoong-shi... tell me... is work is the essential of your life?" 

 

Jaejoong looked up knowing he has one answer for this. 

 

"My work is very important for me Yunho-ssi" 

 

"I see... your collage grades and evaluations were remarkable which means you are smart and hardworking." 

 

Yunho said looking at the papers in front of him while his lips were twisted giving a confused expression, making the other curious about what's in his head, but though the sharp eyes were not looking at Jaejoong anymore, he couldn't let his guards down, not yet. 

 

"Yes, I am..." 

 

The bow-shaped lips which Jaejoong couldn't look away from lifted like there was something funny before the calm voice spoke again. 

 

"If you were that smart and hardworking, why did you waste your grades and qualifications and get married right after graduating... and, you also had a child right away... that doesn't make sense to me Jaejoong-ssi..." 

 

'Did he just say that?! How rude!?!!' 

 

Jaejoong looked at the questioning eyes coldly feeling his anger rise and he couldn't control how cold and impolite his tone was when he said: 

 

"Whether it makes sense to you or not, this is what happened Yunho-ssi, and it's no one's business but mine". 

 

Jaejoong looked away from the sharp eyes feeling his stomach turn and flip, he doesn't want this job anymore. He clenched his hands expecting a sharp rude reply from the other but he was mistaken when the voice asked again calmly. 

 

"Did you meet your husband in the university?" 

 

"Yes..." 

 

Jaejoong's answer was short and cold but he didn't get a reaction from the other who kept his eyes on the paper. 

 

"I see you became a widower in less than 3 years... it must have been hard..." 

 

Jaejoong kept quiet, he didn't know what to say, but apparently Yunho wasn't expecting one as he continued: 

 

"It means that your daughter was only 2 years old when she lost her father..."  

 

"Ye.. yes" 

 

Jaejoong said swallowing hard, he hated to be remined about his life. 

 

"That must be hard..." 

 

The soft warm voice made his heart flutter, he couldn't help but feel queasy and more nervous. 

 

"Yes..." 

 

He whispered looking away, his face showing his discomfort which the sharp eyes picked up right away when they looked at the pale man. 

 

"Does it bother you to talk about it?" 

 

Jaejoong nodded, it's safer to think so than to know that his nervousness is because of this man.