Hello Mr. Snow!

Escape The Past

Hello Mr. Snow!

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

“I’ll make you some coffee too if you like...” 

 

Yunho nodded to his assistant his eyes still on the little girl. 

 

“Thank you Melody-yah, I can’t wait to see your snowman...” 

 

Yunho said getting a huge smile from the girl who followed her mother to the kitchen after smiling wide to him. 

 

***************************** 

 

‘God! What am I going to do?’ 

 

Jaejoong thought, leaning his back to the kitchen door. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

Melody called her mother, out of his thoughts. 

 

“Yes baby... you want to help?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled to his cute daughter as she nodded back to him. 

 

“Alright, can you get the tray for umma?” 

 

After a few minutes, Jaejoong turned off the stove seeing the food all warmed up and steamy. 

 

“Baby-yah... How about you go to the bathroom and get ready for your bath... I’ll be there in a minute, hm?” 

 

“Deeeh!!” 

 

Melody answered dashing towards the bedroom, leaving her mother laying the dishes on the tray, before pouring a cup of coffee, next to the large piece of cake, his daughter picked for his boss. 

 

‘God... help me’ 

 

Stopping at the kitchen door, Jaejoong felt anxious, seeing how the other, took off his tie and jacket, sitting comfortably on the couch. 

 

“You have a nice home...” 

 

Yunho said, his face softened seeing the other carrying a tray. 

 

“Thank you... I tried to make it look as cozy as possible for Melody...” 

 

“Here, let me help...” 

 

Yunho said taking the big tray from the other, before setting it on the small side table. 

 

“it smells amazing...” 

 

Yunho said still standing in front of the other, smiling at the nervous pale man. 

 

“I hope you like it... it’s the least I can do for you after what I’ve done...” 

 

Jaejoong said his shirt, meeting the other’s eyes whom was looking back at him making his heart pound. 

 

‘I really want to take this man in my arms... he smells amazing... like vanilla and baby powder...’ 

 

Yunho thought leaning forward a little, making the other step back looking anxious. 

 

“Please enjoy your dinner, Melody is waiting for me...” 

 

Jaejoong said quickly turning around walking away leaving the other smiling. 

 

****** 

 

“Umma...” 

 

“Hm?” 

 

Jaejoong hummed as he washed the soft hair of his daughter gently. 

 

“I like Yunho...” 

 

Those words didn’t make him feel any easier, Melody is an honest kid and he is used to her bold statements. 

 

“You can’t call him Yunho, baby-ah... he is Yunho-ssi or Ajjushi” 

 

“Hm? Why?” 

 

Melody looked at him with a cute frown, apparently, she likes his boss more than to call him Ajjushi. 

 

“Because that is more polite... he is Umma’s boss... ok?” 

 

Seemed convinced by her mother’s explanation, she nodded before stating: 

 

“Then, I like Ajjusshi.... do you like Ajjushi too, Umma?” 

 

Jaejoong sighed knowing that his daughter is not going to let this go, he needs a distraction. 

 

“I do, now, which pajama do you want to wear? The blue ones with yellow flowers or the pink one with the cats on it?” 

 

Jaejoong asked washing his daughter’s body gently, happy his distraction worked. 

 

******** 

 

10 minutes later, Yunho looked up to see his assistant walking back with his adorable girl who was wearing a blue pajama with yellow sun flowers on them, her hair was dried and combed falling back on her shoulders. 

 

“I like your Pajama!” 

 

The statement made the little girl giggle happily, turning around showing the other the big flower on the back of her top. 

 

“Changmin Samchun gave it to me!! And Santa got me these slippers... and a lot of presents too!” 

 

Melody said happily pointing at her pink girly slippers, seeing the other man look at her in surprise. 

 

“You are so lucky!! I didn’t get any presents from Santa!” 

 

Melody laughed before saying: 

 

“Hehehe you are silly, you didn’t get a present because you are not a kid!” 

 

“Oh, maybe that’s why...” 

 

Yunho chuckled gently smiling at the little girl, whom walked next to him smiling. 

 

“You liked the cake?” 

 

Yunho nodded to the little girl, whom saw the empty tray. 

 

“You can have more if you like, but Umma only allows one piece... because a lot of cake will make your teeth go bad...” 

 

“Yes, I agree... your Umma is very wise... I shouldn’t eat more than one piece of this delicious cake...” 

 

Yunho said patting the girls head, making the other speechless, it was the first time, he sees his boss so gentle and soft... he felt the need to stop the progression of this, knowing that melody would be hurt if she got to know this man, when he will probably get fired. 

 

“Me-” 

 

Before he could call his daughter to bed, he saw his boss lean and pick her up into his lap. 

 

“But, what I really want is to see your snowman...” 

 

“Deh!!” 

 

Melody squealed happily. 

 

“I called him Mr. Snow!” 

 

“That is a great name!” 

 

Jaejoong could see how his daughter was charmed by the other, and each word he says makes her squeal louder, and his heart felt heavier. 

 

“Umma! I want to show Ajusshi Mr. Snow...”  

 

Melody said getting a nod and heavy smile from her mother. 

 

“Just call me Yunho...” 

 

Melody looked up at the smiling man before looking back at her Umma. 

 

“But... Umma said...” 

 

Feeling confused, melody’s words died in seeing her mother’s uneasy face. 

 

“Yes? What did Umma say?”  

 

Yunho asked meeting his assistant eyes. 

 

“He said it is impolite to call you like that... because you are his boss...” 

 

Yunho smiled at the little girl, seeing her look at her Umma confused. 

 

“Umma is right, but since I told you to call me Yunho, then It is not impolite... alright?” 

 

“But...” 

 

Jaejoong’s words stopped meeting the sharp almond eyes. 

 

“How about you call me Yunho Samchun?” 

 

Yunho said noticing the other’s face. 

 

“Yaaay! I like it! Yunho Samchun!” 

 

Melody cheered hugging the taller man whom watched the pale man look away, biting his lips looking anxious. 

 

“’I’ll get your jacket...” 

 

Jaejoong said walking to the bedroom to be back with a blue jacket and a scarf, crouching next to them, helping his daughter wear her jacket. 

 

‘His smell...’ 

 

Yunho thought, his eyes never leaving the pale face whom smiled gently to his daughter that was still in his lap. 

 

“There you go, baby...” 

 

Jaejoong said ruffling his daughter’s hair before his eyes looked up meeting the almond ones. 

 

‘G-God!’ 

 

Jaejoong swallowed hard, looking away from the gentle gaze, his cheeks blushed. 

 

“Umma! Let's go!” 

 

“Mmm...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded walking towards the door, as Yunho followed him with Melody in his arms. 

 

“Umma, your jacket!” 

 

Smiling at his smart daughter, he grabbed his jacket quickly walking out with them, knowing how careless he looked in the other’s eyes. 

 

“This is Mr. Snow! And I gave him my red scarf!... Mr. Snow! This is Yunho Samchun!” 

 

Melody said pointing at the small snowman standing in the backyard. 

 

“Hello... Mr. Snow! Nice to meet you!” 

 

Yunho said making the little girl giggle happily. 

 

“Mr. Snow said, he is happy to see you!” 

 

“Really? I’m happy to see him too!” 

 

Melody squealed looking behind them to where her mother stood quietly, watching them. 

 

“Umma! Did you hear? Mr. Snow likes Samchun!” 

 

“That is great, baby...” 

 

Jaejoong said looking away, his jacket hard, hating to see his daughter in the other’s arms. 

 

‘Who does he think he is, coming unannounced, thinking he owns the place, approaching my daughter like that, he even opposed what I taught he and let her call him with his name... How dare he?’ 

 

‘Get over it... you made a huge mistake; it could cost him a huge sum of money because you acted recklessly... coming here, having dinner and chatting a little with your daughter is nothing compared of what you owe him...’ 

 

Another voice spoke in his head, making him sigh and look away feeling guilty for his thoughts, knowing there is nothing he can do now, he needs to pay for his mistake. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

Jaejoong looked up seeing his boss eyeing him with a frown, and his daughter waving for him confused. 

 

“Deh?” 

 

“I called you many times! We are done...” 

 

“Sorry baby, I didn’t hear you... let’s go back inside...” 

 

Jaejoong said walking ahead of them inside the building. 

 

“Melody, it’s time for bed, honey...” 

 

Jaejoong said as soon as they entered their condo. 

 

“Umma! Can you read me a bed time story?” 

 

Melody said cutely, but her mother shook his head. 

 

“Not tonight baby, Yunho-ssi and I have work to talk about...” 

 

“But, Ummaa....” 

 

Melody whined hugging her mother’s leg as soon as the taller man put her down. 

 

“Be a good girl, Melody, and tomorrow I’ll put extra cake for you and Minho, ok?” 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Melody replied with a nod seeing how serious her mother sounded. 

 

"Good night, Melody..."

 

“Good night, Yunho Samchun...” 

 

Melody said waving at the taller man, whom nodded to his assistant when he excused himself to put his daughter to bed.