The Interview Pt3

Escape The Past

Chapter 4

The Interview Pt3

 

 

 

"Jaejoong-ssi" 

 

Yunho called trying to get the other's attention which was apparently occupied by unpleasant thoughts judging from his distressed face.  

 

"Ye... yes..." 

 

Jaejoong looked up for a moment before replying still startled by his track of thoughts that apparently drifted away in a very inappropriate time. 

 

"So Jaejoong-ssi, If you get the job when can you start?" 

 

"Um... uh...um... yes" 

 

Yunho could see how nervous the other was and how he was trying to pull himself together so he smiled gently to him and said: 

 

"Are you going to accept the job if I said it's your?" 

 

That made Jaejoong's stomach turn again feeling that the other is playing with him since his heart picked up a beat seeing the soft smile the other was giving him. 

 

"Oh I'm sorry.... I should have mentioned the money..." 

  

Yunho said watching the other look at him in confusion, before a number was mentioned making the pale man gap at the other with wide eyes, lifting his hand to cover his gapping mouth. 

 

"I expect the best from my assistant, If I give you this amount I expect your best effort and dedication and of course your loyalty to my company... you understand Jaejoong-ssi?" 

 

Jaejoong brain was all over the place thinking that with this amount of money he will be able to pay most of his debts in a short time and get his melody whatever she pleases... but the job is still not his yet... he shouldn't get his hopes up. 

 

"O...Of course Yunho-ssi.. I absolutely understand... Of course, You expect the best with such generosity" 

 

"Really? That is great... we finally agreed on something" 

 

Yunho said gently letting out a smooth chuckle making the other blush a little realizing that they never agreed on anything until now. 

 

Jaejoong looked down a little embarrassed not aware of the almonds eyes that were watching his every move, his every detail, from the chestnut brown silky hair that fell on his pale flawless face to the pointy nose and pink lips that we pulled into a straight line nervously to the small frame which was apparently not comfortable...  

He stood up suddenly pushing his hands in his pockets before turning towards the big window giving his back to the pale man. 

 

"You haven't answered me yet Jaejoong-ssi?" 

 

"Haven't... answered?" 

 

Jaejoong asked in confusion    

 

"Would you take the Job if it was offered to you?" 

 

"Yes Yunho-ssi... I will accept it in that case" 

 

Jaejoong said hiding his smile hoping for the best before his eyes moved to stare at the tall well-built body standing in front of him showing his wide shoulders which made him look down more embarrassed sensing how attracted he feel to his potential boss. 

 

Yunho turned around watching the pale man in his thoughts looking at his lap shyly. 

 

'Damn it... Why is he so beautiful...' 

 

He didn't like this idea but he couldn't ignore Kim Jaejoong, the pretty man was beautiful beyond imagination, but still there is an aura around him, fear and doubt maybe... he looked like he is ready to fight or flight any minute, which made him feel worse, as an urge to protect this man aroused in his chest. 

But he knows nothing about this man, and he hated how he doesn't consider his daughter as number one priority, but who is he to judge... he still has no idea what's in the other's head... it was obvious that he was hiding behind an armor of steal that he built to protect himself. 

 

Yunho was bothered by this beautiful man who managed to invade his thoughts easily so he cleared his throat saying: 

 

"It was a pleasure meeting you Jaejoong-ssi.. You will hear from us in a couple of days" 

 

Jaejoong looked up meeting the sharp eyes before nodding his head and standing up quickly. He looked around to where he can put the cup in his hand when a hand appeared in front of him. 

 

"Let me..." 

 

He looked up seeing Yunho a few inches away from him offering to take his cup but his mind was in a chaos not knowing how to handle being this close to this man.  

 

His reflex was to get away as soon as he felt the long strong fingers touch his as the cup was taken from his shaking hand... so he took a few steps away quickly to almost falling over the chair he was sitting on. 

 

He looked up seeing the other look at him blankly so he took a deep breath, showing the best smile he could come up with and bowed to Yunho who had a blank face. 

 

"Thank you Yunho-ssi, I'll be waiting for your call" 

 

"Good bye Jaejoong-ssi" 

 

Jaejoong cringed hearing the sharp icy tone, as he turned around walking towards the door knowing that Yunho found his drawback from him offensive. 

 

The walk to the door was too far and too long for Jaejoong who wanted to flee this place as soon as possible knowing that he would never be chosen after this. 

Getting out of the office at last and stepping into Junsu's... everything felt quiet and back to normal. 

 

"How was it?" 

 

Junsu asked behind his desk with his adorable smile making Jaejoong smile back at him taking a deep breath before walking towards the cute bubbly guy. 

 

"It was ok I guess... I'm hoping for the best" 

 

Jaejoong said smiling as Junsu gave him his thumps up encouraging him. 

 

"Thank you Junsu-ssi and it was really a pleasure meeting you... and congratulation on your coming wedding"  

 

"Thank You Jaejoong-ssi... the pleasure is mine... I hope you can get the job here" 

 

Junsu said with a cute little laugh before Jaejoong bid his farewell and left. 

 

*****

 

'You idiot!!! Aaaaah!' 

'Why would you say that you will accept the job!!'  

'Do you think you can work with this man, you could barely be able to stand in the same room as him!' 

'God.. What do I do?' 

'It's the damn money... It would be so great to work here and get that much payment... ugh...' 

 

Jaejoong was beating himself up in the elevator in his way down. 

 

'What am I going to do if I didn't get this... I'll have to go out tomorrow and look for other jobs...' 

 

Jaejoong thought of how much debt he still have to pay and felt down even more thinking of the lost job and the amazing salary he was offered here knowing it was never going to be his. 

 

'Who cares... I have Melody and she is more important than all these stupid jobs and all their stupid money... I can work it out... yes Jaejoong you can do it … fighting' 

 

He nodded to himself before the elevator door dinged and opened letting the beautiful man out and then out of the building.