Hyung! Are you Ok?

Escape The Past

 

Hyung! Are you Ok?

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

“Min-ah... When I’m at work, keep an eye on Jaejoong-ssi... if you noted anything unusual let me know immediately...” 

 

Minyoung nodded to her husband before asking: 

 

“What is the problem?” 

 

“Let’s say, some bad guys are trying to hurt him, seeing him an easy target that he’s alone... so keep an eye on them and call me if needed” 

 

Minyoung nodded to him, knowing her husband wouldn’t interfere in other’s business unless he deemed necessary, walking to the kitchen to prepare their dinner. 

 

********* 

 

“Umma...” 

 

Melody walked with a pout to her mother, who was standing silently against the kitchen sink after bringing the tea cups to wash them. 

 

“Uncle Minmin is late... I’m hungry...” 

 

She said again hugging her mother’s leg...  

 

‘she is right... Changmin is a bit late and it’s almost 7:30 pm’ 

 

He thought, patting his daughter’s head gently. 

 

“How about we give him a call, sweetie?” 

 

He said ruffling her hair getting a nod from her, as she walked to their bedroom to get his cellphone. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

She came back, handing Jaejoong the phone waiting for him to dial Changmin’s number. 

 

“Talk to him, while I do the dishes and set up the table...” 

 

Jaejoong Handed her the phone. 

 

“Minmin Samchun!!! Odeyaaa!!!??” 

 

“I’m hungry... Hurry!” 

 

Jaejoong heard his girl giggle on the phone before hanging up. 

 

“Minmin Samchun is on his way...” 

 

She said happily jumping around making her mother smile. 

 

“You are happy because Minmin is on his way or because dinner is on his way?” 

 

Jaejoong asked chuckling as his daughter stopped jumping around and looked at him thoughtful. 

 

“Both!" 

 

She said giggling putting her hand on , a habit she picked from him. 

 

“Baby, can you help me put the chopsticks and plates around the table?” 

 

Melody nodded happily taking a plate and a pair of chopsticks each time to put on the table. 

 

“I’m done, Umma...” 

 

Jaejoong dried his hands, smiling to his daughter gently. 

 

“Good job, baby.... How about we make the cake batter until Minmin arrives?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled seeing his daughter squeal and nod to him happily. 

 

“What type of cake do you think we should make? Let's see what we have first, Hm?” 

 

He said looking through the fridge finding a small box of strawberries, few oranges and a jar of chocolate spread. 

 

“Strawberry and vanilla cake!” 

 

Melody yelled pointing at the strawberries happily. 

 

“Alrighty... let’s do the vanilla cake batter then...” 

 

He said pulling out the ingredients he needed, putting the needed portions for the cake in small plates, before putting them back to their places. 

 

“It’s your turn to help, baby” 

 

Jaejoong said pulling his daughter up and sat her on the counter where he prepared the ingredients. 

 

“What do we put first?” 

 

“Eggs!!” 

 

Melody chanted carefully pouring the eggs into the bowl. 

 

“And?” 

 

“Vanilla!” 

 

“You are so smart, Melody-ah...” 

 

He said smiling at his giggling daughter who watched him happily as he started mixing. 

 

“It’s ready...” 

 

Melody nodded as she was put down the ground, watching her mother turn on the oven, and pouring the cake into a round baking pan, before placing it into the oven. 

 

“Minmin Samchun!!!!” 

 

Melody cheered hearing the doorbell, running towards the door. 

 

“Melody! wait!” 

 

Jaejoong called dashing behind her, holding her before opening the door, his heart picked up a beat fearing that those men returned. 

 

“Umma, waaaeee?” 

 

She tried to wiggle out of her mother’s hold, watching him look through the door eye hole to see who is behind it. 

 

“It’s Changmin...” 

 

Jaejoong mumbled letting go of a breath he was holding, opening the door to his best friend who was carrying a few bags with him. 

 

“What took you so long to open the door, Hyung...” 

 

Changmin chanted entering the apartment picking melody up in his arm while carrying the bags to the kitchen, hearing the paler man close the door and follow them. 

 

“Why are you late, Samchun?” 

 

Melody asked hugging Changmin with a pout. 

 

“I’m sorry princess, the restaurant was full, and I had to wait for an hour to order... you must be hungry, hm?” 

 

He said meeting the nodding girl’s eyes after putting food bags on the table. 

 

“Let’s eat then... I’m hungry too...” 

 

He said chuckling with the happy girl, looking up meeting Jaejoong’s tired eyes noting how pale he looked. 

 

“I’m ok...” 

 

Jaejoong said nodding to his friend noticing his worried looks. 

 

“Let’s eat...” 

 

They sat down opening the containers, while Jaejoong brought a couple of beer cans for him and Changmin and Juice for Melody. 

 

************ 

 

“This is heaven...” 

 

Changmin moaned filling his mouth with the strawberry vanilla cake, getting an excited nod from the little girl who was eating her cake happily smearing the white frosting around . 

 

“I’m glad you both liked it...” 

 

Jaejoong said with a smile, sipping from his beer. 

 

“I’m done!” 

 

Melody said happily jumping off her seat. 

 

“Go wash up well, honey... I’ll know if you didn’t...” 

 

Jaejoong said getting a nod from his happy girl whom jumped her way to the bathroom. 

 

“Are you alright?” 

 

Changmin asked seriously as soon as Melody was out of sight, getting a tired nod in return. 

 

“You don’t have to face them tonight; I’ll give them the money... I know how stressful it is for you to see them...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded again looking up at his friend with red eyes, threatening to shed tears. 

 

“Hey... Jae... what is it?” 

 

Changmin moved to sit beside his friend, palming his shoulder. 

 

“They...” 

 

Jaejoong sighed. 

 

“They already came... and took the money...” 

 

“B-B-Bowh!?” 

 

Changmin looked surprised before he pulled the other into his arms. 

 

“Are you alright?? What happened? Did they hurt you?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded into his shoulder. 

 

“Dammit!! I’m so sorry Hyung... I’m so sorry... I should have been there! Damn them!” 

 

“It’s ok... I’m ok...” 

 

Jaejoong pushed him gently looking up with a sad smile. 

 

“Tell me, what happened?” 

 

Changmin said palming the other’s arm gently, but the happy scream got both of their attention. 

 

“Umma!” 

 

Melody ran to him showing up her hands. 

 

“I washed them well, Smell them!” 

 

Jaejoong smiled wide at her, taking her tiny hands in his, bending to bury his nose in the chubby fingers, taking a deep nasal breath. 

 

“Mmmm... my melody smells amazing! Good job baby...” 

 

Melody giggled happily as her mother patted her head. 

 

“Minmin Samchun... Smell!” 

 

She turned to Changmin who smiled at her doing the same giving the little girl the thumps up, making her squeal happily. 

 

“How about I put you a Disney movie?” 

 

“Yess!!!” 

 

“Which one do you want?” 

 

“Moana!!” 

 

“Alrighty...” 

 

Jaejoong walked slowly with Melody into the living room towards the small TV, playing the movie on for her before walking back to kitchen, seeing his dongsang cleaning. 

 

“You don’t have to Changmin-ah...” 

 

“Hyung... You look pale... just sit and I’ll clean up...” 

 

“I’m alright Minnie... Let’s do it together...” 

 

Jaejoong said taking the plates towards the sink, while Changmin put away the chicken containers into a big trash bag. 

 

“Tell me... what happened...” 

 

Changmin leaned against the kitchen counter with his hands folded on his chest looking seriously at the other, whom was washing their plates. 

 

“They knew I was alone... They came early on purpose...” 

 

He said tiredly, getting an angry huff from the younger. 

 

“They pulled me out of the condo, they forcefully dragged me out... they wanted to take me with them... I...” 

 

“Hyung...” 

 

Changmin whispered looking at the other’s body trembling as he placed the last plate on the drying rack. 

 

“I tried to fight, but they threatened to hurt melody... I... I was scared...” 

 

“Oh, Hyung... Did they do anything? Did they hurt you?” 

 

Changmin said, pulling up the other’s sleeves, checking on him for any bruises. 

 

“I’m ok...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at him though his body was still a bit shaky. 

 

“My neighbor appeared, he is a cop... and he helped me...” 

 

“Neighbor?” 

 

Changmin looked confused. 

 

“He lives in the next condo with his wife... he gave me his card and told me to call him if they are coming...” 

 

“That is great!” 

 

Jaejoong nodded tiredly. 

 

“I’m so sorry Hyung... I should have been there with you...” 

 

“It’s not your fault, Minnie-ah... these men knew I was alone and they planned this...” 

 

Changmin sighed knowing that the other was right. 

 

“You need to rest... You look tired...” 

 

Changmin said getting a nod from the other . 

 

“I’ll take my leave then...” 

 

“it’s late, stay here tonight Minnie...” 

 

Jaejoong said but the taller one shook his head. 

 

“I’ll let you get some rest... and I'll check on you tomorrow...” 

 

“Mimi-yah! Good night!!” 

 

Changmin called getting a squeak seeing the little girl leave the movie and dashing to his arms. 

 

“Samchun, staaay!!!” 

 

“I can’t tonight, muffin... Your Umma is tired and he needs to sleep and rest... and who’s going to take care of him?” 

 

“Me!” 

 

Melody yelled looking back at her Umma whom smiled at them gently. 

 

“Good girl!” 

 

Changmin said pecking her cheek. 

 

“You always take care of me, Baby...” 

 

Jaejoong said taking his little girl into his arms as Changmin waved at them before leaving.  

 

Checking the locks on the door, Jaejoong turned off the lights before walking to the living room with his girl. 

 

“Let’s finish the movie together...” 

 

“Yaaay!!! I love you, Umma...” 

 

“I love you more baby...” 

 

Jaejoong pecked his daughter’s head as they laid on the couch.