“Where could she be?”

Escape The Past

“Where could she be?” 

 

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

“Melody!?” 

 

Yunho’s words were interrupted by Jaejoong’s worried voice, looking at his assistant walk around the office calling his daughter... 

 

“Melody! Where are you?” 

 

“Where is she?” 

 

Yunho asked, alarmed not seeing the little girl anywhere...  

 

***************** 

 

“Melody! Baby! Where are you?” 

 

Jaejoong called, with a panicked tone. 

 

“Hey, Jaejoong... calm down... we will find her.” 

 

Yunho said palming the other’s shoulder, seeing him look around in panic, getting worried as they split looking for her. 

 

*** 

 

“She is not in the office... she must have walked out of here...” 

 

Yunho said as they searched their offices, checking the other rooms on the floor too. 

 

“Where would she go? She is a timid girl; she isn’t the type to go wonder around like that... what if someone took her?!” 

 

Jaejoong said, biting his lip, rubbing his palms in distress... thinking of the gangsters from yesterday. 

 

“Let’s check the security camera...” 

 

Yunho said, walking to his office desk, opening the security program showing the cameras in his building. 

 

“That’s my office’s camera...” 

 

He said looking at his assistant who stood next to him shaking, looking desperately at the laptop screen. 

 

“I’ll rewind the video... there... that’s us leaving...” 

 

Yunho replayed the video after they left the office. 

 

“She woke up a minute after we left...” 

 

They saw how the little girl looked around the office calling her mother. 

 

“She went out to my office.” 

 

Jaejoong said getting more worried, seeing Yunho click on his office camera rewinding it until they saw the little girl walk into it looking for them... their eyes seeing her enter the kitchen, then an employee entered Jaejoong’s office placing a few large folders on his desk, then leave. 

 

“She is following him...” 

 

Yunho said, as Melody appeared out of the kitchen running after the employee who has just dropped the folders... following with the camera at their reception, they saw melody run after the employee into the elevator just before it closed. 

 

“Oh God!... Why did she run after him... where she could be now?!” 

 

Jaejoong cried, his hands shaking. 

 

“The camera doesn’t catch the elevator floor number... we’ll have to check all the floors...” 

  

“I have to find her...” 

 

Jaejoong said dashing towards the elevators. 

 

“Jaejoong? Where are you going?” 

 

Yunho ran after him. 

 

“I need to go look for her... I need to find her...” 

 

Jaejoong answered, eyes wide open in worry. 

 

“Wait, I’ll go with you... take this...” 

 

Yunho said, handing Jaejoong his cellphone, entering the elevators together. 

 

“I’ll call security to look for her with us and to watch out every door... you search the floors with odd numbers and I’ll search the even ones...” 

 

“Where could she be?” 

 

Jaejoong muttered to himself nodding to him gratefully, running as soon as the elevator opened on the floor below theirs. 

 

************* 

 

“Hey, little girl... what are you doing here?” 

 

Melody looked around scared, she was trapped in the moving elevator with a stranger. 

 

“Hey Kiddo, are you ok? Where are your parents?”  

 

Melody shook her head remembering her mother saying that she shouldn’t talk to strangers. 

 

“God... What should I do now?” 

 

The man sighed, looking at the little girl looking at him scared. 

 

“Are you looking for your mother?” 

 

Melody still didn’t answer, but as soon as the elevator door opened, she dashed out. 

 

“Hey kid! Wait!” 

 

The tall man ran after her, making her more scared. 

 

“Be careful!” 

 

The man called seeing the little girl ram into the woman walking ahead, before falling down. 

 

“Are you ok? little girl!” 

 

The woman asked kneeling down next to Melody who started crying loud covering her face with her hands. 

 

“Are you hurt?” 

 

“Ummaaaa...” 

 

Melody wailed rubbing her eyes, wiping her tears. 

 

“What happened... why were you running after this girl, Taemin-ssi?” 

 

The woman asked, reading the employee’s name badge. 

 

“I think this girl got lost... I came down in the elevator and she entered it just before it closed, she was calling for her mother... I think she got scared when I tried to talk to her... she ran as soon as the elevator opened... I followed her... she is too young to be wondering around by herself...” 

 

The pale man explained, getting a nod from the young woman. 

 

“It’s alright Taemin-ssi... I’ll help this girl find her mother... you can go back to your work... but first which floor did she enter the elevator” 

 

“The administration floor... but... excuse me miss... first, who are you?” 

 

Taemin asked, not seeing any employment badges around the woman’s neck. 

 

“You must be new here... I’m Jung Jihye...Jung Yunho’s sister...” 

 

The young woman said, smiling to the crying little girl whom looked up at her as soon as Yunho’s name was mentioned. 

 

“I, I, I'm so sorry Mrs Jung for not recognizing you...” 

 

Taemin blushed bowing to the young lady whom smiled gently at him, nodding back. 

 

“No worries, Taemin-ssi... nice to meet you... you can go, get your work done so you won’t be late for any Christmas eve plans...” 

 

“Th-thank you... pleasure is mine...” 

 

Taemin bowed again leaving them. 

 

Melody sniffled a few times, looking at the young lady whom crouched next to her. 

 

“Are you really Yunho Samchun’s sister?” 

 

Melody asked getting a confused look in return. 

 

“Yunho samchun? you know Yunho oppa??” 

 

Jihye asked smiling at the little cute girl, seeing her nod. 

 

“So, would we find your Umma if we find Yunho oppa?” 

 

“Deh... Umma was working with Yunho Samchun in his office, I fell asleep... but when I woke up, I didn’t find them... I looked around for Umma, and saw him enter the elevator... but he wasn’t Umma... he was that man!” 

 

Melody said pouting at the young nice lady. 

 

‘he?’ 

 

Jihye thought smiling gently at the little girl. 

  

“Oh, aren’t you cute?!... What’s your name?” 

 

“Melody...”  

 

“Woah! That's a pretty name... Melody... how about we go find your mother and Yunho Oppa?” 

 

Jihye said seeing the little girl hesitate before she nodding to her. 

 

********* 

 

“Melody?! Melody!” 

 

Jaejoong called searching an office after another. 

 

“Excuse me... have you seen a little girl about 4 years old, wearing blue jeans and a green sweater... thank you!” 

 

Jaejoong ran into a couple of employees, asked them but they shook their head... not finding her anywhere on the 7th floor too, he ran down the stairs to the 5th floor...