Let's Order Food Today...

Escape The Past

Let's Order Food Today...

 

 

Previously:

 

“Thank you... I should get going... my daughter will be out of school soon...” 

 

Jaejoong stammered bowing his head before turning on the engine and driving out with a wave and a shy smile to his boss. 

 

“Who is bothering you Jaejoong-ah?” 

 

Yunho mumbled to himself, he can’t forget how stressed and tremulous the other looked talking on the phone in his car... He sighed walking to his own car knowing he can’t help the other unless he was asked to. 

 

************ 

 

“Ummaaa!” 

 

Melody ran to him as soon as she saw his car pull up in front of her school. 

 

“Melody, dear, don’t run like that!” 

 

The teacher that was standing at the gate with melody said, getting an apologetic nod from Jaejoong who thanked her and too his daughter in his arms...  

 

“My Melody shouldn’t be naughty... listen to your teacher next time, ok baby?” 

 

“Deh Umma!” 

 

“Come on... let’s get in the car...” 

 

Jaejoong said putting his happy daughter in her car seat, securing her seatbelt before walking to his door, getting in his car, waving to the teacher who smiled at them as they drove away. 

 

“Mimi... I’ll dial Minmin Samchun’s number and give you the phone to talk to him... tell him we are having fried chicken tonight, Ok?” 

 

“Yaaaay!” 

 

Melody cheered happily watching her mother calling on his phone as they stopped at the red light, giving it to melody when it started ringing. 

 

“Yeboseyo... Jae-ah?” 

 

“Daaaang! You are wrong! It’s meee!!!” 

 

“Hahahah, My little muffin! You sure tricked me! How are you?” 

 

“I’m great! But I miss you Samchun...” 

 

“I miss you too...” 

 

Changmin sweet childish tone made her giggle. 

 

“Minmin Samchun! Guess What?!” 

 

“WHat?” 

 

Changmin’s laugh could be heard, making Jaejoong smile. 

 

“Umma is getting us fried chicken tonight!!” 

 

“Woaaaah! Chomal?!” 

 

“Em! Em!” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled watching his daughter nodding excitedly even though she is on the phone. 

 

“You will come and eat with us, right Samchun?” 

 

“Of course, You know I can’t say no...” 

 

“You can’t say no to the chicken...” 

 

Melody giggled happily knowing her favorite uncle is coming. 

 

“Yeah... But I meant that I can’t say no to you, little Muffin...” 

 

Melody squealed hearing those words. 

 

“Don’t call me muffin Samchun...” 

 

“Why? I love muffins... They are sweet and good, like you...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled hearing his daughter's laughs. 

 

“So, when does my muffin want me to come and eat her?... oh, I'm sorry... I mean eat chicken...” 

 

  Melody laughed at him before she looked at her mother who called. 

 

“Come now Samchun, I miss you so much!!!” 

 

Melody said before handing the phone to her mother who just turned off the engines as they parked next to the condo. 

 

“Hey Min... We’ve just arrived home, feel free to come anytime... I’ll order in...” 

 

“Are you alright, Jae?” 

 

Changmin asked with a serious tone, he knew how much the other hates feeding his daughter any type of junk food, but some of the worst days, where he couldn’t make food, he had to give in and order. 

 

“Yeah... I’m fine...” 

 

Jaejoong’s heavy voice got Changmin worried. 

 

“I’ll be there as soon as I can... I’ll grab some chicken on my way, so don’t order anything... just relax and spend some quality time with Melody, ok?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded and sighed. 

 

“See you Minnie...” 

 

Jaejoong hanged up, getting his daughter out of her car seat, locking his car before heading towards their condo. 

 

“Umma... Can I wear my bear onesie?” 

 

Jaejoong was brought back from his thoughts when melody asked smiling. 

 

“Your bear onesie?... yes, sure.... but why now?” 

 

Jaejoong answered, opening the door for their condo before looking at his daughter who just frowned. 

 

“Minmin Samchun kept calling me Muffin...” 

 

She said seriously. 

 

“So?” 

 

Jaejoong asked smiling at his daughter’s cuteness. 

 

“He said he will come to eat me, because I’m his muffin!... If I’m a bear, he can’t eat me... I’ll eat him instead! Right? Right?” 

 

Jaejoong’s laugh filled the room, his daughter has never failed to lighten his day. 

 

“Umma... Don’t laugh at me! I’m serious!” 

 

Jaejoong held his laugh, nodding at his daughter trying to look serious. 

 

“Yes baby, you will be the one to eat him if you wore the bear onesie... Sorry I laughed, but you are too cute!” 

 

Jaejoong said hugging his daughter tight, hearing her giggle. 

 

“I’ll go wear my bear onesie before Samchun arrives!” 

 

She wiggled out of her mother’s arms and ran to their bedroom. 

 

“Such a sweet girl...” 

 

Jaejoong whispered praying that Changmin would arrive soon, he was hoping that he would stay over... he didn’t want to face the gang men alone... walking to the bedroom, Jaejoong saw his daughter struggling cutely to wear her onesie, he picked her dress up and threw it the laundry basket. 

 

“You need help, baby?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled seeing her walk to him to help her with the zipper. 

 

“There you go, my little bear...” 

 

“Now, Samchun can’t eat me...” 

 

Jaejoong giggled hearing his daughter... She has a very wide imagination. 

 

“Umma, don’t laugh... SAmchun is really really hungry... He can eat us all!... But I’ll protect you! Don’t worry! I’m a bear!!!” 

 

“I’m not scared, baby... I know my little bear will protect me... She is strong!” 

 

Melody made a harsh sound, mimicking a bear, showing her hands up as claws, making the other chuckle at her cuteness. 

 

‘I think your Samchun will eat you up when he sees how cute you look in this outfit...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought, smiling at his daughter who was doing her best scary bear poses in front of the mirror. 

 

“I’ll have a quick shower, so be a good girl Mimi, ok?” 

 

“Ok....” 

 

Melody replied looking back at the mirror. 

 

He walked into the bathroom, taking off his clothes, turning on the shower waiting for the water to get warm. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

“Yes baby...” 

 

Jaejoong called hearing his daughter knock at his door. 

 

“Can I come in?” 

 

Jaejoong hopped in the shower, closing the shower curtain. 

 

 “Of course, baby...” 

 

 Melody entered the bathroom sitting on the closed toilet... Jaejoong was used to this, his daughter hated to be left alone where she can’t see him... so showers were always filled with melody’s talks and laughs. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

“Hmm...” 

 

Jaejoong hummed as he started washing his hair.    

 

“Can we invite Minho over to have lunch with us?” 

 

“Yes baby, He is welcome here If his parents allowed him to come visit us...” 

 

“Thank you Umma! I’ll ask him... and I want us to make some cupcakes for him... he loved the cupcakes you made so much Umma!” 

 

“Of course, baby...” 

 

Jaejoong answered tiredly then sighed smiling at his daughter’s enthusiasm to please her best friend, as he washed his body. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

“Hmm” 

 

“Are you tired?” 

 

Jaejoong was taken aback by his daughter’s sad tone. 

 

“A little... Why are you asking that?” 

 

“Because you sound sad...” 

 

“I'm not sad, I had a lot of work at the office today... that’s why... don’t worry...” 

 

“Okay...” 

 

Melody said feeling down. 

 

“Melody, can you get my white big towel, it’s in the corner...” 

 

Melody hopped on her feet getting the neatly folded towel before she handed it to her mother whose hand appeared from the edge of the curtain. 

 

“Thank you, baby...” 

 

Melody smiled at her mother, who stepped out of the shower with the big towel around his waist, his wet hair dripping... Jaejoong smiled back at her, seeing her holding another small towel which he took gladly wrapping it around his neck. 

 

“You have to wait a little bit until I wear my pajamas...” 

 

He said smiling as they walked out of the bathroom back into the room 

 

“I’ll be ready...” 

 

Jaejoong chuckled at his excited little girl who ran to their bed, climbing on it before looking back at him with a huge smile, waiting for her daily task. 

 

“I’ll be there in a minute...” 

 

He said picking up an underwear which he wore quickly before taking the towel off, then choosing a baggy black sweat pants and a light gray t-shirt. 

 

“Are you ready, baby?” 

 

Melody nodded excitedly to her mother who walked towards her and sat on the bed his back facing her, as she stood up grabbing the towel on his shoulder before she started drying his hair, as he leaned his head back so she can reach it. 

 

A smiled appeared on his lips at how clumsy yet gentle she dried his hair... it was their small tradition that she dries his hair after the shower, like he dries hers. 

 

“Mmmm... Umma smells so good...” 

 

Jaejoong felt two small arms circle his neck, as his daughter hugged him from behind, her face barely reaching above his shoulder. 

 

“It’s because you have a very pretty nose...” 

 

Jaejoong said holding the hands around his neck gently before turning around and quickly pulling her into his lap getting an excited laugh instead. 

 

“Your nose is pretty too, Umma...” 

 

Jaejoong laughed at his daughter’s sweet words, hugging her tight in his arms feeling how precious she is. 

 

“Wait... I’ll finish drying your hair...” 

 

Melody said feeling a drop fall to her face from her mother’s wet hair... she grabbed the towel again and started drying the hazel colored hair again. 

 

“Can I brush your hair?” 

 

“You want to brush my hair?” 

 

Jaejoong smiled nodding to his happy daughter who squealed and slipped down from his lap running to the dresser to get the hair brush, and back to him asking to be picked up again. 

 

“Are you sure, baby?” 

 

“Deh...” 

 

Melody said brushing the soft wet hair gently until it was detangled and brushed back from her mother’s face. 

 

“Thank you, baby... I love you so much...” 

 

Jaejoong said wrapping his arms around her in a gentle hug. 

  

“I love you too, Umma...” 

 

Melody smiled snuggling into the hug in content, her mother’s hugs were her favorite time. 

 

“Let’s rest for a bit, until Minmin comes...” 

 

He said pulling himself up with his girl into the bed, lying on his side still hugging her. 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Melody mumbled watching how tired her mother looked. 

 

“Umma... I’ll sing you a lullaby so you can sleep...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at her, nodding gently before closing his eyes. 

 

“Twinkle, twinkle, little star,  
How I wonder what you are!  
Up above the world so high,  
Like a diamond in the sky!” 

 

Jaejoong smiled at how his daughter brushed his hair gently while singing for him, mimicking how he sings to her before sleep... pulling her closer to his chest signing in bless.