I will win you over someday

Escape The Past

I will win you over someday

 

 

 

Previosly:

 

“I- I’ll make coffee...” 

 

Jaejoong said stuttering before walking to the kitchen, taking a deep breath once out of the other’s sight... his knees were shaking; his chest tightens knowing that his body craved to feel the other’s warmth. 

 

‘I shouldn’t think like that! I should be careful... I would never fall for it again... I’ve seen hell with Kangin and I would never let it happen again... I’m good on my own... I need no one... no one’ 

 

Jaejoong’s thoughts were racing, making the coffee was a mess in his condition... holding the coffee cups in his hands hard, remembering how close Melody got to the other... He can’t go through this again... he can’t stand the fear of having Melody in another’s man mercy... not after what Kangin did... they don’t need anyone in their lives... He and melody are fine by themselves. 

 

‘I’ll try and repay him for the mistake I made today, but I’ll make sure he stays away from Melody... I can’t risk her getting hurt...’ 

 

**************** 

 

Leaving after the cup of coffee, Yunho kept his distance sensing the other’s defensive attitude against him worsened after returning with coffee. 

 

The next few weeks went by smoothly, the missing report was found in the mail sent to one of Yunho’s friends, who called Yunho immediately after receiving it... so there was no harm... 

 

But, since then, Yunho tried to get Jaejoong to feel comfortable around him as he used to before, keeping things friendly and decent, asking about Melody every few days. 

 

“We are in December, Christmas is in 3 weeks...” 

 

Yunho said when Jaejoong came with his coffee in the morning. 

 

“Yeah...” 

 

“I know, Holidays will start in a week... but, things are hectic and you know that... I may need you to come to the office during the holidays, Jaejoong-ah... I’m sorry...” 

 

Yunho said looking apologetic. 

 

“It’s alright... I understand...” 

 

Jaejoong said with a smile, nodding to his boss, seeing how exhausted the other looked even if it’s morning. 

 

“Thank you... be assured that you’ll have a bonus for the extra work...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him gratefully before leaving to his office. 

 

“Jaejoong-aaaaaah.... Jaejooong-aaaaaah” 

 

Yunho sighed, his eyes closed thinking of a way to approach his assistant and get close to him without scaring him. 

 

********** 

 

“Good morning” 

 

Jaejoong knocked on his boss’s door gently before entering with coffee, to see Yunho’s head on the desk. 

 

‘oh... is he sleeping?... he is still wearing yesterday's suit; he must have stayed here all night’ 

 

Walking quietly towards the other, whom face was resting on his arms, asleep, snoring lightly with his mouth open.    

 

‘Cute’ 

 

Jaejoong smiled watching his sleeping boss for a minute before putting down the coffee tray, taking off his jacket, and gently putting it on the other’s shoulders. 

 

Smiling again seeing his boss still asleep, he gathered the documents on the desk quietly walking out to his office. 

 

Processing all the notes on the files that his boss was working on, he sighed in relief, looking up seeing that it’s already 11:30 a.m. 

 

‘He must be exhausted... he is such a hardworking man...’ 

 

This thought brought a smile to his lips, these past couple of weeks, he felt at ease around Yunho... he barely asked any personal questions, still asks about Melody’s wellbeing every now and then. 

 

“Melody...” 

 

Jaejoong whispered smiling at the picture of his little girl in white, wearing feather wings, she was so happy being the angel in their Christmas play. 

 

“EHM... Jaejoong...” 

 

Jaejoong turned to the intercom, answering. 

 

“Deh?” 

 

“Come to my office please...” 

 

“Deh!” 

 

Carrying the files that he finished working on with him to the other. 

 

“Good morning, Yunho...” 

 

“Good morning...” 

 

Yunho replied muffling a yawn, stretching his arms up cutely, making the other bite his lip to hide his smile. 

 

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” 

 

Yunho asked pulling the jacket off his shoulders, giving it back to his assistant smiling gratefully. 

 

“You looked really tired; I thought a little nap wouldn’t do any harm...” 

 

“Thank you” 

 

Yunho said smiling getting a shy nod in return. 

 

“I finished these files, and their final reports of this whole year...” 

 

“Whoaa... great job Jaejoong-ah... you are the best!” 

 

Yunho said combing his hair with his fingers before giving him a wide toothy smile and his thumbs up. 

 

“Hehehehe, I didn’t know you have this childish side...” 

 

‘What did I say?! What were I thinking!’ 

 

Jaejoong looked up surprised, palming his mouth... he was feeling more at ease around his boss, but he shouldn’t cross the line. 

 

“Relax...” 

 

Yunho chuckled knowing the other was worried he would find his comment offensive. 

 

“To be honest... you are not the first one to tell me that I’m childish...” 

 

“I didn’t say-” 

 

,Yunho waved his hand, dismissing the other’s apology.

 

“Umma, Appa and even Junsu say that I’m childish sometimes... so I guess I am...” 

 

Jaejoong smiled feeling shy seeing the other puffing out his lips looking silly at him.

 

It wasn’t the first time, Yunho talked about himself... in the past couple of weeks, he learned many things about his boss... He found out that his boss was different from   what he thought... he lives in an apartment with his dog Taepoong, he has a housekeeper named Soojin, whom comes once a week and also takes care of his dog's grooming... his parents live in a mansion in the further side of the city, with his younger sister whom is currently studying abroad.   

 

“You will meet Umma and Appa someday... " 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him with a smile, Yunho was no longer the super wealthy man who sits in his golden throne with pride. It was the exact opposite... The man in front of him was humble, funny, smart and very friendly... 

 

“I’ll make you a new coffee...” 

 

“That would be awesome!” 

 

Leaving the office, Yunho smiled wide, finding Jaejoong’s jacket on his shoulder, and the fact that he looked concerned about him gave him a bubbly feeling in his stomach. 

 

“I will win you over someday, Jaejoong-ah" 

 

He whispered, walking to his private room to wash up.