Thank you Jihye-ssi!

Escape The Past

Thank you Jihye-ssi!

 

 

 

“Jaejoong?” 

 

Jaejoong answered his phone as soon as he read his boss’s name. 

 

“Yoboseyo! Please tell me you found her?” 

 

Yunho bit his lip hearing the trembling voice. 

 

“Not yet... but she didn’t leave the building... I checked all exits... she is still here... but I didn’t find her in any of the floors... where are you?” 

 

“I’m at the first floor... near the stairs... I couldn’t find her either...” 

 

Jaejoong said, his voice cracking. 

 

“Calm down, we will find her... I promise... stay where you are... I’m coming...” 

 

Jaejoong sniffled, trying to take a deep breath... he is dead worried about Melody... 

 

‘What if she’s lost... what if someone took her... what if I never find her... what if something happened to her?... God please...’ 

 

Jaejoong prayed, feeling his chest tighten... his body was trembling, leaning on the wall for support. 

 

“Hey, hey... Jaejoong?” 

 

Jaejoong looked up seeing his boss next to him, looking worried. 

 

“I can’t find her... I lost her... I can’t lose her...” 

 

Tears streamed down the pale face. 

 

“Hey! Listen to me... we will find her... I promise!” 

 

Yunho said palming the other’s shoulder firmly yet gently, meeting the doe wet eyes... feeling his heart tightens seeing the other sobbing. 

 

“Let’s go back to the office... I’ll scan all cameras... can you walk on your own?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded, seeing Yunho press the elevator button, trying to wipe his tears but they kept streaming down. 

 

 

******* 

 

 

“Melody!!” 

 

Jaejoong called as soon as he saw the little girl sitting in Yunho’s office, running to her immediately. 

 

“Umma!” 

 

Melody called running to his arms. 

 

“Thank God! Oh, thank God! I looked everywhere for you?!  why did you leave like that!! I was worried sick! Don't ever do that again to me... don’t you ever leave like that...” 

 

Jaejoong said, his voice cracking, hugging his daughter too tight, wetting her hair with his tears, his hands trembling.

 

“Miane Umma (Sorry)… I thought I followed you, but it wasn't you... I was so scared... Miane” 

    

Melody said burying her face in her mother’s chest...  

 

“Jihye,  you’re here!? was Melody with you?” 

 

Yunho asked, seeing his sister smiling at the mother and daughter. 

 

“I called you many times…but, your phone was busy… and yes, I took an earlier flight... Surprise!” 

 

She said smiling wide to her brother. 

 

“ I bumped into Melody and she told me, she followed her mother to the elevator, but it was Taemin-ssi, he is wearing the same color suit and has a similar hairstyle... she then told me her mother is working at Yunho samchun office...” 

 

Jihye said smiling at her brother mischievously. 

 

“You brat... come here...” 

 

Yunho said hugging his sister, sighing in relief. 

 

“I missed you, Oppa!” 

 

She said breaking the hug, her eyes falling on Jaejoong whom was still shaking, talking to his daughter, checking on her. 

 

“I’m ok, Umma... That pretty lady helped me... she brought me here...”  

 

Jaejoong looked up where Melody pointed seeing a beautiful elegant girl in a long white cashmere sweater, and black pants standing next to Yunho, who was side hugging her, smiling happily...  

 

“Thank you for bringing back my daughter, I can never repay your kindness, Miss...” 

 

“Oh! I haven’t introduced myself... I’m Jung Jihye... pleasure to meet you...” 

 

“Thank you Jihye-ssi...” 

 
“Don’t mention it, Jaejoong-ssi... I’m happy Melody is back to you... she was scared... you have a great girl by the way...” 

 

Jaejoong stumbled, feeling his legs weak as he stood up, before bowing grateful to the lady... but he couldn’t understand why he was sweating, feeling a pang in his chest seeing Yunho’s hand on her arm hugging her to his side looking at her with much care... his chest constricted and his breathing became harder. 

 

“Melody-yah... did you... thank... Miss Jihye for... bringing you... back here...” 

 

Jaejoong asked trying to breathe deep... palming his daughter’s hair, feeling lightheaded. 

 

“Thank you, Miss Jihye...” 

 

Melody said smiling to Yunho’s sister... walking towards her for a hug making them coo at her cuteness. 

 

Yunho smiled at the two of them hugging, ruffling the little girl’s hair, looking up to see Jaejoong whose face became sickly pale, palming his head as his body swung off balance. 

 

“Hey...hey!... Jaejoong!” 

 

Yunho dashed towards him catching him, just before he hit the carpeted floor. 

 

“Umma...?” 

 

Melody called, seeing her mother collapsed and carried by Yunho before he laid him on the sofa.  

 

“Hey... Jaejoong! Jaejoong! Wake up! Are you ok?” 

 

Yunho called tapping the ssickly pale sweaty cheek gently. 

 

“Oppa... let me...” 

 

Yunho pulled away seeing Jihye checking Jaejoong’s pulse and his eyes, his ashen pale face scared him.  

 

“Oppa... put a few cushions under his feet...keep them elevated...” 

 

Jihye asked before checking Jaejoong's breathing using the stethoscope she pulled out of her bag. 

  

“He is alright... his heart is beating fast, his blood pressure probably dropped due stress, let him rest...I’ll give him some fluids and he will wake up soon...” 

 

Jihye said seeing her brother take a deep breath, his eyes watching the unconscious  man worriedly. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

Melody mumbled as her tears fell. 

 

“Umma just needs to sleep a little... and he will wake up a lot better... ok?” 

 

Melody nodded to Jihye, not leaving Jaejoong’s side... watching Yunho cover her mother with his jacket. 

 

“What do you need?” 

 

Yunho asked, walking to his desk, calling the company clinic. 

 

“Aish, they are off today... only few employees are on duty today...” 

 

Yunho said frowning. 

 

“Don’t worry... call the security office let one of them open the clinic for me... I’ll get what I need...” 

 

Yunho nodded to her calling the security office.