I’m not a baby... I know

Escape The Past

 I’m not a baby... I know

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

“Everything is going to be fine... we won’t leave you... just take a deep breath... one minute...” 

 

Taecyeon said before, his phone rang. 

 

“Yoboseyo... aha... good... yes.... let me know if anyone entered the building... yes... thank you...” 

 

He met Taecyeon’s eyes seeing him hang up the phone and smile to him. 

 

“A couple of officers are parking near the entrance... they will alert me if anyone enters the building... so how about we go have some cake with your kid... she must be waiting for it...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to him, following him quietly. 

 

 ******************** 

 

Minyoung opened the door for them, letting them enter, taking the cake box from her husband. 

 

“Umma!” 

 

Melody ran into her mother’s arms as soon as she heard them. 

 

“Hello baby... we didn’t take long... ha?” 

 

“It’s ok!! Tae Samchun said you will bring a Chocolate cake... did you?” 

 

Taecyeon smiled at them, taking the happy child from his mother chuckling. 

 

“I sure did!... do you love chocolate that much?” 

 

Taecyeon said getting happy nods from the little girl seeing his wife pull the pale Jaejoong into the kitchen. 

 

“Are you ok? You look pale...” 

 

“I’m ok... I’m just worried...” 

 

“about what?” 

 

Minyoung asked giving the other a glass of water, putting the cake box on the table. 

 

“I have a large debt to pay a loan shark... his men harassed me last time they came to collect, it’s when Taecyeon Hyung found me... and they are coming back for another payment tonight...” 

 

“Oh, Oppa... don’t worry... Tae won’t leave you... he will protect you... we all will...” 

 

Jaejoong nodded to her, with a shaky smile. 

 

“Drink some water... and try and calm down...” 

 

“I’ll make some tea... wait here...” 

 

Minyoung said palming his shoulder with an uneasy smile. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

Melody came to the kitchen a few minutes later, walking to her mother sensing something is wrong... asking for her mother to carry her, hugging him tight as soon as he picked her up. 

 

“Is she ok?” 

 

Minyoung asked, coming back with a tray of teacups and pot. 

 

“Yeah... she probably felt my anxiety... she also gets anxious and hugs me like a Koala every time she feels my stress...” 

 

Jaejoong said smiling sadly, hugging his daughter to comfort her. 

 

“Melody... want to help me cut the cake?” 

 

Minyoung said seeing the little girl shake her head with a ‘no’, hugging her mother tighter. 

 

“I’m ok Mel... don’t you want to cut the cake and give Samchun some?” 

 

Jaejoong asked, seeing his little girl look up facing him, her eyes looking at him with a frown. 

 

“What’s wrong, baby?” 

 

Melody kept looking at his face, making him want to cry... he knows his daughter knows him too well... but he has to look strong and not worry her. 

 

“What? You are scaring me? Is my Melody mad at me?” 

 

He said pouting at his daughter, who shook her head. 

 

“No” 

 

“Then what is wrong?” 

 

Melody stayed silent looking at her mother sadly. 

 

“Aren’t you happy that Tae samchun got us cake??” 

 

She nodded to him fighting a smile.  

 

“Come on... let’s cut the cake, I want to eat some...” 

 

Melody nodded finally smiling at her mother, who smiled at Minyoung seeing her carry the plates and forks, helping her with the cake. 

 

************ 

 

“They are here...” 

 

Taecyeon said hanging up his phone. 

 

“Umma?” 

 

“Melody... baby... stay here with Emo... I’ll go get your Pajama’s and I’ll be back... ok?” 

 

Melody looked at her mother before nodding to him. 

 

“Let’s go...” 

 

Taeyeon and Jaejoong walked out into the other’s apartment. 

 

“Officer ahn, officer oh... stand by...” 

 

“Copy that” 

 

Tae called on his police radio, hearing an immediate answer. 

 

“Don’t worry... I’m here, with you...” 

 

Taecyeon said palming the anxious man’s shoulder getting a shaky nod, as the doorbell rang. 

 

“Hello beautiful...” 

 

Jaejoong opened the door finding the three gangsters from last time standing in front of him smirking, one of them leaning on his door frame, looking at him up and down... 

 

“Hello fella’s...” 

 

Taecyeon replied with an authoritive tone, getting the attention of the three men who frowned seeing Taecyeon standing tall behind their prey. 

 

“What can we do for you?” 

 

He asked with a cold tone. 

 

“We are here to collect the money...” 

 

One of them said, his eyes glaring at the pale man. 

 

“Th-there you go... it’s 3000 dollars... Mr. Kang is informed of this payment...” 

 

Jaejoong said swallowing hard, handing them the manila envelope. 

 

“Anything else?” 

 

Taecyeon asked pulling Jaejoong behind him, looking at them sharply, without blinking... seeing them glare back. 

 

“What? You are his bodyguard now? You think we are scared?” 

 

One of them scoffed, seeing Taecyeon look at him with a raised eyebrow, before he held up his radio. 

 

“You should...” 

 

One of the men stepped towards him angrily, but he was stopped by the other, seeing the detective pull his radio. 

 

“Patrols, I think someone is about to assault a police officer... are you all in position?” 

 

He asked, getting a positive response almost immediately. 

 

“We will be back...” 

 

Hearing that, one of the gagsters said, glaring at the pale man who swallowed hard. 

 

“Oh, we know... and we will be waiting... all of us” 

 

Taecyeon said, watching the three men walk away from them cursing, out of the floor. 

 

“You alright? It’s over for now...” 

 

Tae said before his radio spoke. 

 

“Detective Ok, those men have just exited the building...” 

 

“Alright... Please stay put... I’ll be there with an update...” 

 

“Copy that...” 

 

Seeing his shaken neighbor, he pulled him inside to try and calm him down. 

 

***** 

 

“Is it done?” 

 

Minyoung answered seeing her husband’s name on the phone. 

 

“Yes, Jaejoong is a little shaky... can you bring Melody to him and stay there...” 

 

“Be right there...” 

 

“Mel... Let’s go to your apartment... Umma is waiting for us...” 

 

Minyoung said giddily but the little girl looked up at her with a serious face. 

 

“The bad people were here? Right?” 

 

Looking at the little girl surprised. 

 

“W-what?” 

 

“I know that bad people keep coming... they scare Umma... that’s why Tae samchun is with him... right?” 

 

Melody said, her eyes serious. 

 

“Oh, baby...” 

 

Minyoung sat on her knees hugging the small girl in her arms. 

 

“I’m not a baby... I know, I’ve seen Umma cry... I know he is scared of them... I am scared of them... they want to hurt Umma...” 

 

“No one is going to hurt him... I promise... Tae samchun will protect him... we will protect him... right?” 

 

Minyoung asked with a smile, feeling her eyes tear up seeing Melody nod to her. 

 

“Now... let’s not frown so Umma wouldn’t worry... ok?” 

 

“Ok...” 

 

“Come on... let’s go see Umma...”