It's all my fault, I've hurt him

Escape The Past

It's all my fault, I've hurt him

 

 

 

 

Previously:

 

“Shall I call an ambulance...” 

 

Changsu asked looking concerned seeing how their boss laid in the passenger seat of Jaejoong’s car. 

 

 “No... hospital..." 

 

Yunho mumbled aware of their talk, yet he looked so weak to even open his eyes. 

 

“He keeps refusing to go to the hospital..." 

 

Jaejoong said anxiously thinking of what should he do. 

 

“What then?" 

 

Changsu asked frowning, not liking that his boss is ill. 

 

“Give me a minute...” 

 

********************************************** 

 

Jaejoong pulled the card Yunho’s sister gave him, calling her number hoping she is still here and not gone back abroad. 

 

“Yuboseyo” 

 

Jaejoong breathed out in relief hearing his call answered. 

 

“Yuboseyo, Jihye-ssi... It’s Jaejoong... Yunho’s assistant...” 

 

“Jaejoong-ssi, yes... How are you doing... are you feeling ok? you sound out of breath..." 

 

“It’s not me... Yunho-ssi isn’t feeling well... he is refusing to go to the hospital... I didn’t know what to do, so I called you..." 

 

“Ok, you did well, Jaejoong-ssi... are you with him now?" 

 

“D-d-deh" 

 

Jaejoong stammered as he walked back near his boss who was asleep. 

 

“What happened?" 

 

Jihye asked. 

 

“He got a burn on his belly this morning from a hot coffee... I treated the burn and bandaged it and everything seemed fine, but by the end of the day I found him asleep on his desk, he woke up but he looks pale and weak... he can barely stand up... he looks sweaty but has no fever..." 

 

“Is the burn severe? How big? any blisters? was his skin intact?” 

 

“It’s about the size of my hand on his belly, next to his belly button on the left... the skin is red, it didn’t break, and there are a few blisters." 

 

Jaejoong said answering each question. 

 

“Did he take anything?" 

 

“I... I don’t know... there was a strip of pills near him, I think he took a few..." 

 

“What did he take? what’s the name of the pills? and how many did he take?" 

 

Jaejoong was in a faze for a couple of seconds, thank God he followed his gut and took the strip with him... He pulled the strip out of his pocket. 

 

“I have it with me... It says Hydrocodone... the strip is missing 4 pills...” 

 

“Aish! stupid Yunho!” 

 

He could hear Jihye mumbling before she asked: 

 

“Can you tell me the dose on the strip, please..." 

 

“It... It’s... 10/300mg" 

 

Jaejoong stuttered, he couldn’t help but feel his body tremble in worry sensing the tension in Jihye’s voice. 

 

“Stupid Yuhno..." 

 

“Is... is he g-going to be ok?” 

 

Jaejoong asked in panic. 

 

“Listen, everything is going to be fine, just bear with me please, I want you to open the video in our call..." 

 

Jaejoong nodded though she couldn’t see him, pressing the video call option, seeing Jihye’s face appear on his screen. 

 

“Breathe Jaejoong-ssi... I need your help, ok?" 

 

Nodding again, before flipping his camera for her to see Yunho who was sitting in the car. 

  

“Is he breathing? Is it regular? Feel his chest” 

 

Her question made Jaejoong hold his breath in panic giving his phone to the security guard asking him to keep the camera on Yunho. 

 

“Yes, he is breathing... it’s calm..." 

 

Jaejoong breathed out in relief feeling the other’s chest rise up and down. 

 

“Can you check his pulse for me?” 

 

Jaejoong nodded and counted Yunho’s heart beats as Jihye directed. 

 

“Ok, good... his hands... are they cold? his lips and finger tips, are they bluish?" 

 

“No..." 

 

Jaejoong looked at the phone after checking. 

 

“It’s all good signs for now... can try and wake him up?" 

 

Jihye said watching Jaejoong pat her brother’s face and shoulder, until he stirred up but didn’t open his eyes... just muttered Jaejoong’s name, asking him to leave and go home. 

 

“Jaejoong-ssi... My brother is fine for now... can you get him to his apartment?” 

 

“Deh!" 

 

Jaejoong nodded to her, securing the seatbelt around his boss. 

 

“I’ll send you his apartment location and the passcode... I’ll meet you there, it’s a two-hour drive from my parents to his place... please wait for me there and keep a close eye on him... keep checking him like we just did and if anything changes give me a call immediately..." 

 

“I got it...” 

 

Jaejoong said swallowing hard, nodding to the security man whom, nodded back giving him back his phone. 

 

“Please update me on his condition..." 

 

“I will..." 

 

Jaejoong drove out of the parking lot, following the gps to where his boss lives, calling Changmin letting him know what happened and he will be late tonight. 

 

“Don’t worry about us, Hyung... I’ll wait for your call... be careful...” 

 

“I will...” 

 

Jaejoong hanged up, stopping at a red light, he turned to Yunho, checking his chest, sighing in relief feeling his steady breathing, before his hand, held the other’s face, checking his lips color. 

 

“Not blue... good sign..." 

 

He mumbled as he held Yunho’s hand, checking if they are cold, feeling Yunho hold it back weakly... hearing the cars honking behind him, he looked up to see that the light is green, he started to drive.

 

*************************************** 

 

“Yunho?" 

 

Jaejoong patted his boss’s shoulder trying to wake him up as he parked in front of the apartment building... seeing no response, he got out of the car, opening the passenger door, looking at his boss. 

 

‘God, he looks pale' 

‘He must be in pain to take that many pills...’ 

‘I’ve hurt him... what have I done?' 

‘It’s all my fault...’ 

 

Jaejoong thought, shaking his boss’s shoulder, calling him to wake up, feeling guilty for what happened, swallowing hard holding back his tears. 

 

“Yunho-ah... wake up... Yunho-ah...please... wake up...” 

 

Jaejoong kept patting the other’s face, shaking his shoulder, feeling scared as the other didn’t respond. 

 

“YAh! Yunho! Wake up!" 

 

‘What do I do?! what if he never wakes up...’ 

 

 

That thought sent Jaejoong into a panic, calling his boss frantically, patting his cheeks harshly, his tears falling on his cheeks. 

 

“Yunho!" 

 

“Hmm” 

 

Yunho moaned moving his head, Jaejoong sniffled chuckling happily to see the other move his head, his face frowning, holding the slapped cheeks in his palms. 

 

“Yu-Yunho... ca-can you hear m-me?" 

 

“Mnnn” 

 

“Yunho..." 

 

He called again hoping to get the other’s focus. 

 

“Jae-joong...” 

 

“Yes, yes... can you open your eyes... please... please..." 

 

Yunho tried to open his eyes, his vision was blurry, he could barely concentrate before his assistant’s teary worried face was seen. 

 

“D-d-don't cr-cry..." 

 

Yunho said trying to sit up, hearing the other sniffle, but as soon as he moved, he felt his head flipping around, feeling like he’s going to throw up. 

 

“Si-ck” 

 

He mumbled before he turned to his side and started throwing up onto himself and Jaejoong who tried to avoid it and held him seeing that. 

 

“That’s ok... you did good... you are ok..." 

 

Jaejoong muttered repeated, patting the other’s back, seeing him trying to breathe after heaving. 

 

“Can you stand up?” 

 

Jaejoong asked getting a faint yes from the other, helping him get out of the car, before locking it, however Yunho could barely bear his weight, his legs gave out half way to the building, falling to the ground taking Jaejoong down with him. 

 

“Yunho? are you ok?" 

 

Jaejoong, whom was on his knees with his boss’s arm still around his neck, heard the other moan back. 

 

“Ok..." 

 

Jaejoong pulled his boss’s arm until he was fully draped over his back, pulling both of the arms over his shoulders, before leaning forward until his hands could reach the other’s long legs, holding him securely on his back like a piggy back... pushing himself to stand up, barely balancing himself walking slowly towards the main door. 

 

“Here we go..." 

 

He mumbled out of breath as the apartment door opened after putting the passcode... he could barely reach the nearest sofa in what looked like the living room, before a big fluffy husky dog appeared, barking at them... he carefully put down his boss, falling down to his knees catching his breath, seeing the dog eyeing him carefully. 

 

“Hey there, you must be Taepoong-ah...” 

 

He said gently blinking a few times, holding his hand out slightly, hoping the dog is friendly, and he wasn’t disappointed, as the fluffy dog was jumping happily around, barking playfully before approaching Jaejoong gently smelling his hand and it. 

 

“Such a good boy..." 

 

Jaejoong cooed, patting and scratching the dog’s neck seeing him wave his tail happily, before jumping next to Yunho, his face making him groan.